What Simpsons gags took you a while to get?

What Simpsons gags took you a while to get?

Chuck

Suck and...

Fuck

i legit dont get the joke for this though

is it that you'll 'pay' in terms of getting your car vandalised whilst its there or something?

Sneed

I don't get it either.
Is it cus you pay then park then pay after he meter runs out?

Where's Lisa when you need her

>pay to enter
>park
>pay to leave

Do americans really do this?

Is this true????

I've never used one of these.

Yes.
But if you paid a certain amount of money for a purchase at the business you've parked in order to patronize, the business "validates" your party so you don't have to pay (or pay less) when you leave.

really? thats not very funny

That's not how it works though. You enter for free and then depending on how long you stay parked, you pay an set amount when you leave. If you don't pay - the gate won't open to leave.

No. The joke is that you end up doing way more paying than parking because it's overpriced.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Sneed's Seed & Feed. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Chuck's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Sneedposting truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Sneed's existencial catchphrase "Formerly Chuck's," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Bob Anderson's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Sneed's Feed & Seed tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

its meant to be interpreted in different ways. matt groening designs simpsons to be like this

>>pay to leave
Wait, isn't that basically a hostage situation?

Wow I'd never thought about it that way

well that doesn't make any sense at all

you can leave. your car can't.

That sounds like a trap.

This shouldn't be allowed.

So many carless losers ITT.

Basically there are two types of pay parking structure. One you pay a flat rate up front. These types you usually have to have your car out by a certain time or you get a ticket. The other, you pay when you leave and you pay a fee depending on how long your car was parked there.

The joke here is that this parkadez they make you do both because it's a critique of profiteerism in pay parking which is a pretty well knowm issue for people with cars as rates are constantly being raised with no end in sight.

It's meant to be like an exasperation.
>ugh this shit's so expensive, it's like I paid to park and then paid just for the sake of it.

>These types you usually have to have your car out by a certain time or you get a ticket.
That's just on-the-street metered parking.

No because it's voluntary.

Sometimes garages work that way too.

You park, get a ticket display it on your dash and a parking attendant goes around every hour or so and tickets people who have overrated their parking ticket.

Paying to park is ridiculous.

Also They should have made enough parking spaces for everyone.

No you pay to park and then you pay to fuck

Sneed.

>implying I just don't drive through the gate