What are some movies that capture the essence of Americana?

What are some movies that capture the essence of Americana?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cloGyEU27Ro
youtube.com/watch?v=-awX9kqi15s
youtube.com/watch?v=fhr9dePX3Uw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gummo

Do americans really do this?

Si

This pic is really disgusting and sad.

No, it is usually at a Mcdonalds.

Only white ones.

but who was camera

What, be fat? Buy overpriced computers? Buy 1500 calorie milkshakes?
yes

>daughter is already a fattie
>buy her a 2,000 calorie drink anyway

Modern Family

this is kinda sad
but on the other hand they could be crackheads

Let's not pretend this is a partisan issue.

Only the most fucked up, rural aspects. I just discovered this today, and really want to watch it now. It's an actual documentary, not some made up shit, like Gummo (though, I enjoyed Gummo). This looks great.
youtube.com/watch?v=cloGyEU27Ro

just imagine them on a saturday night organising this like

>yeah we're gonna go to starbucks tomorrow billy - BILLY are you listening
>make sure you charge up all the imacs and ipads
>and jane dont forget the ipad for the baby this time. im not gonna be the one sitting there trying to juggle my frappucino in one hand, her in the other, and still trying to type on the ipad like last time
>claire get some new batteries out the cabinet for the camera so we can ask the waitress to get a picture while we're there
>but dad we can just take one on the iphone
>then it wouldnt be in the picture would it? think before speaking next time

Watching this movie is like gaining a deep understanding of the perspective that writes those long paranoid chain emails that grandparents forward obsessively. It would be impossible to come up with a worse movie if you tried.

kinos about civilizations falling?

>propaganda doesn't stack up to reality
Whoddathunk?

Do what?
I have to ask because this is literally every married couple with kids, substitute the races and a few of the clothing choices.

I don't get why op thinks spamming it on Sup Forums over and over is a thing though. He seems obsessed with perticular photos for no apparent reason.

Badass I-III

This is my first time posting this or making this thread.

>Americans

>then it wouldnt be in the picture would it? think before speaking next time

>gain airplanes and cell towers
>also gain weight
Lose weight and stop paying for foreign goods and we can run circles around the propaganda on the left.

>>then it wouldnt be in the picture would it? think before speaking next time

What are you even saying?

It’s amazing how interchangeable Americans are. Put a gay flag in his(?) hand and he’s a fat faggot, put a confederate flag in his hand and he’s a proud southerner. They all seem to look like this at least 1/3rd or more.

This:
youtube.com/watch?v=-awX9kqi15s

Liar.

Mass production pervades every facet of their life. It makes sense in that context.

Do men really count calories?

Read this in a southern accent desu

Do men really post on indonesian knitting forums?

all Americans look like this regardless of political affiliation

That's because you've been programmed by the media to think all southerners are dipshits. Not saying there aren't dipshits, but there has definitely been a media push for several decades, condemning the south.

This makes me sick on a visceral level. This is literally every white family in my neighborhood, everyone I see in public, and they’re always in these minivans and SUVs with school stickers and either Hillary stickers on an SUV or Trump stickers on the dad’s F-150. They hardly ever speak to each other outside of a weekend “family outing” and the kids bury their faces in their iPads every night at dinner.
This is white American culture. This is what is going to drag us down.

~~~OFFICIAL THREAD THEME~~~

youtube.com/watch?v=fhr9dePX3Uw

The south is the most suburban, obese region of the country. I live in Alabama and everyone looks like them around here.

>that guy in the sunglasses staring in disbelief
lmao

Apocalypto

No only girls (male).

maybe something from Malick, unless you're talking about today.

Read it in a Minnesotan/Midwestern accent tbqh

>being illiterate

You're right, but you missed the point. People look like that everywhere in America. Not just the south. I was pointing out that the media has consistently shit on the south for decades, while there are white trash, hillbillies 30 minutes outside of Seattle, who speak and behave backwards.

The Other Side

No one needs to count calories for fast food, you simply avoid it

there's people that go to trash bucket places like mcdonalds and starbucks that look like trash buckets, if you have any self respect when buying those products you either go through the drive through or take it and leave. sitting and eating in those places is like being in a giant toilet and I'm genuinely ashamed that this is seen as american culture.

>I'm genuinely ashamed that this is seen as american culture
Yeah. It's embarrassing.

reminder that when the time comes those people outside of seattle are going to come and kill your entire family

You spend a lot of time talking with your family, do you?

I agree. These people would better serve the earth as slaves under a dictatorship lead by me instead of lead by corporate jews. I would work them until their bodies were hard as steel and their resolve deadly as a jaguar. I totally understand spree shooters

Napoleon Dynamite

>a happy white family who can afford lots of tech would do better as the slaves of a miserable neet who's never had a job and will never have a family

hmm

Those people are not happy.

Twin Peaks

Little Miss Sunshine.
It's an indie movie that's very underrated

OBESESSED

Those people talking over the footage are insufferable.

Never going to happen lmao. Most people are actually sane, stop trying to insult rural Americans by implying they’re some sort of Texas chainsaw massacre-tier murder happy hicks. They’re good people.

Most people aren’t neurotic. Caring about “being seen in such a place” sounds like a “””high society””” socialite from the late 19th century complaining about the common ruffians.

>hard as steel
>deadly as a jaguar
That’s not how it works user. Labor camps end with starvation and death. And I’m pretty sure a happy family isn’t going to support some edgy NEETs dictatorship fantasy in which they are enslaved.

Idiocracy

pink flamingo

how can you look at this poster and not love it

they don't look very American to me, maybe east euros who came to the US and made money and want to show off their new wealth. People that come from poor countries like to do this.

Like how every Arab and Russian here are annoyingly flamboyant with their BMW/high fashion whatever

>they don't look very American to me
because they are whites

The dad looks pretty south-slav to me, the mom could be american.

OBESE

is that enrique peña nieto?

dude mcdonalds are fucking gross, I mean physically dirty, some are open 24 hours and are full of hobos

what an annoying prick