shame Sup Forums isn't a movie or a show

The Thing

nice answer

Taxi Driver.

The films of Denis Villeneuve
False

It's true.

Explain

No matter how much the illusion is masked an intelligent person gets suspension of disbelief pushed over by a time travel story's inherent paradoxes, and Primer was particularly messy.

You're somewhere around the middle of the chart.

>inherent paradoxes
Not all time travel stories suffer from this. Only most of them.

False, I don't love the film, but I do see people like you miss the point all the time. The film was an examination of the effects of having that much power; you have a look into a conflict between to people trying to best the other, all the while dealing with a force they don't fully understand. The film was not "messy" or confusing to some across as smart, it was to put the viewer in the character's shoes, to give them the same sense of anxiety and being overwhelmed. Yes time travel has inherent paradoxes and is for the most part a pretty low level concept. However Primer wasn't trying to deal with that, but was instead using time travel as a vessel (and its inherent paradoxes to its advantage) to look at human nature from a very unique perspective. So it's not a case of "lol your too dumb to understand what was going on" but instead a case of you being full of yourself and thinking you're better than the film while entirely missing the point

mother!, inception

HAHAHAHA Primer haters absolutely btfo. Carruth is a genius, Upstream Color is miles better anyways

The Godfather 2

>t. middle chart brainlet

How do you read this chart?

>Primerfags have to make up that their time travel film wasn't actually about time travel to argue that it didn't suck dick
Pretending what you're saying is true doesn't stop it from being a disengaging mess.

Any Tarantino movie

Again, not a Primer fag. And if the film didn't engage you then that's fine, you're allowed to bit like it. But it's pretty clear Carruth has more in mind than time travel

perfect answers

Fucking this

inception

The Zack Schneider Watchmen movie.

2001: A Space Odyssey.

Kill yourself

Dr. Strange

No Country For Old Men

> Schneider
I guess you enjoyed the movie then.

Is Sup Forums incapable of non-ironic, non-troll, non-shitposts, posting anymore?

>Interstellar
>Inception
>2001

Whens the last time Sup Forums posted something unironically?

>expecting or wanting sincerity

So really stupid shit is enjoyable, low-middling intelligence shit is the absolute best, and really intelligent shit is completely terrible? Because I can't get behind that at all.

Or is it just saying that if you're intelligent, you'll hate everything? Because I'd like to think I'm at least decently intelligent, and I can definitely provide a bunch of examples of crappy movies I hate

>interstellar
>inception
>not overrated garbage

Does nobody on Sup Forums know how to read a graph? See the blue dot? That's far out along the x-axis, indicating high intelligence. But it's at, or close to the bottom of the y-axis, indicating low enjoyment. High intelligence and low enjoyment. While the two values aren't directly inversely proportional (that would be indicated by a straight line sloping downward), it's clear that enjoyment tends to decrease with intelligence. Providing examples of enjoyable, intelligent movies undermines the graph. If you want to support it, you need to provide examples of unenjoyable, intelligent movies, or enjoyable movies that are either stupid or mediocre in intelligence.

I agree with the other user that said Primer then -- I can appreciate Carruth's creativity and intelligence but I got nothing out of it.

I thought the chart was referring to the intelligence of the viewer. Meaning that mid-level intelligent people get the most out of it but truly intelligent people get nothing out of it.

Sunshine

If you want to get pedantic, at a certain point of intellect one will get less than nothing out of certain works. So the curve needs to start high and go down past zero.

The works of zack snyder are great examples of this.

imdb.com/?title=*

>Meaning that mid-level intelligent people get the most out of it but truly intelligent people get nothing out of it.
That would make for a more interesting topic, though it's a pretty nuanced thing to come up with examples for. I'm trying to think of a movie that intelligent people would hate, but which mediocre-intelligence people would like better than stupid people. Maybe something that seems sophisticated to people with below-average smarts, but which smarter people can recognize as a sham? The movie equivalent of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance? No, that doesn't really work. Idiots would likely think it's terrible, and the peak would probably be somewhere closer to average intelligence than mediocre.

Most Nolan films

Nolan's Batman films? I don't think super intelligent people consider them to be groundbreaking but I knew people who practically snoozed through them because they weren't capeshit enough.

Or mother! from what I've heard, though I haven't seen it myself yet. People who just wanted to see a generic horror film walked out of it, people who caught onto the fact that it's symbolic enjoyed it, and people who thought the symbolism was extremely obvious and shallow hated it.

any movie with seth rogan

>Nolan's Batman films? I don't think super intelligent people consider them to be groundbreaking but I knew people who practically snoozed through them because they weren't capeshit enough.
Could be. I think the decline in enjoyment is a bit precipitous, but I could see highly intelligent people being underwhelmed. I enjoyed them to varying degrees, but they certainly weren't perfect. And I guess stupid people could be irritated by the drama and desirous of more fights and explosions.

I don't know enough about Mother! to speculate about it.

t. mid of the chart

the irony

and mother!

I said that in my post you goose