Was anyone else really put off by this scene?

Was anyone else really put off by this scene?
That panic and those screams are too realistic.

youtube.com/watch?v=7T8ScFT-4wU
I mean, it's not funny. It's just fucking mean-spirited and disturbing.

Yeah, I know it's called Treehouse of HORROR, but this is a comedy show first and foremost, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

tcm.com/mediaroom/video/189782/Leopard-Man-The-Movie-Clip-Afraid-Of-The-Dark.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qJ37Ggq3SyI
youtube.com/watch?v=TfhKLnoh0b4
youtube.com/watch?v=0ZEnUpVGLpo.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No you're just a faggot

piss off edgelord

Stale pasta.

I saw this when i was 6. It did scare me as a kid, I'll be honest. I saw all sorts of fucked up shit, and it dud fuck me up. No wonder I came to this site.

>mean-spirited

What a pussy.

>getting triggered by a treehouse of horror ep
you must be over 18 to post on this website

oooh that spicy edge

Scared me too OP

This did scare me as a child, and as an adult I feel like the blood was a little too much and unnecessary.

I think it's funny.

Thought it was fucking hilarious, but I like dark humor. It's funny because it's unexpected.

most deaths are unexpected, that doesn't make it funny

i don't remember this ep but i've always found horror comedy to be more frightening than actual horror

Why are you being pissy at anyone who disagrees with you?

You people really have a thin skin

what did you expect from Sup Forumsmblr?

idiot
what do you mean "you people"?

>i've always found horror comedy to be more frightening than actual horror

Elaborate, user? You've got me intrigued here.

When I was a kid, sure. It didn't help after seeing When Bears Attack, either

Now, I'm still mildly put off by the scene but not terrified

Nah, that scene scared the piss outta me when I was younger too. Doesn't help it was lifted from a legit horror movie

Everyone here is just being an edgy fuck

>it was lifted from a legit horror movie
eh?

What do YOU mean "you people"?

Not that user but I agree. When most "horror" is considered shit like Five Nights at Freddy's or those fucking Paranormal films or Freddy and Jason shit, it's not really all that scary because it's almost like I'm expecting scariness which means they need to amp it up even MORE to try and accomplish it and as a result, people just write in tons of gore, not horror. But when a comedy suddenly shifts to horror like some of the shit in Courage the Cowardly Dog, it catches you off guard and freaks you out.

Like, to me, American Psycho is even more fucking unsettling because they're hiding all this horror behind the facade of humor and sex rather than something like, Hitchcock's psycho which ends up feeling more like a thriller.

But this is from an American viewpoint. If we followed the way the Japanese and Chinese did horror, the genre would be fucking amazing over here.

thin skinned faggot

>a treehouse of Horror episode
>edgy
holy shit, son

That scene was fuckin hilarious

bitch had it coming

The Leopard Man
tcm.com/mediaroom/video/189782/Leopard-Man-The-Movie-Clip-Afraid-Of-The-Dark.html

user, I love ToH but it always edgy as fuck

Not him btw

woah... how did they...?

you mean?

really?

how could they get away with something this adult...

truly cartoons...

aren't just...

for kids...
annymore.

>Mean-spirited
Gonna love that meme.

edgy I like it

>If we followed the way the Japanese and Chinese did horror

you mean choose one of two

1) big giant lizard
2) dead ghost girl with hair covering face

>door is opened from the inside
>somehow is still blocked by the chair

at least the second one makes horny

the fuck

>big giant
>dead ghost

What a shitty mom

Yeah, that was a bit much for me when I saw it.

Simpsons writers throw a Shirley Temple into a blender every season or so because they're asspained about her literally telling them to go fuck themselves.
youtube.com/watch?v=qJ37Ggq3SyI .

One Halloween, I saw this on accident after I got home from trick or treating. I had nightmares for like a week or some shit

what about
3) weird monster that does something related to your butthole

That scene gave me an erection.

Or I think I just had an erection already when the scene came on. I forget which.

When I was a kid, I couldn't sleep so I'd sneak downstairs and marathon slasher flicks playing on basic cable.
I was too stupid at the time to connect the facts that I watched people being chopped up every night, then had nightmares about people being chopped up.

That's not exclusive to horror

I don't much care for that either, but isn't half as disturbing as the goldilocks bit

also
> they're asspained about her literally telling them to go fuck themselves

come again?

I'll say what I said when this first aired: "Mama bear would catch a dick if I was there."

>It's just fucking mean-spirited and disturbing.

Fuck off Mr. Enter. Horror comedies can have serious and disturbing moments.

It is funny because of subversion which is how many many MANY jokes work. But you need to know the original story of Goldilocks that gets subverted. The over the top violence is necessay for the extreme contrast to how cutesy the original story always is with the friendly cutesywootsy bear family. Many jokes work by "what if we took situation X and place it in Y?" and letting typical fairytale animals react animal like again is a typical example.
Or overall putting the stories in super serious adult context for ironic effect (I like the version of the story where the bear family makes an accurate price list for all things Goldilocks used and charges her for her stay, then having learned from that becoming business partners with her creatiing a sucessful hotel business and living happliy together with her for the next years- until they start suing each other...)
The over the top violence is needed to underline the ferociousness of the family compared to the classic type from the tale.

tl,dr: You are indeed just a faggot

Fuck off faggot, it's pure shock value edgy shit

family guy-tier humor, that's when you know simpsons was going downhill

and there's no violence anyway, just blood under the door. That's not the point. It's the the way the whole scene is portrayed, and the voice acting

Harden the fuck up.

Never.

Treehouse of Horrors used to plague me with Simpson's related nightmares every year until puberty. They'd start around September and intensify when I caught the preview for the show that year and usually subside a week after I watched. They really disturbed me sometimes and I really couldn't just ignore them and since I was a latch key kid I had to go it alone. Now that the marathon is almost over and I've had time to reflect on all of them I really can enjoy them. I'm 27 now and can't believe I was really scared to watch them.

Honestly? You're a fucking pussy. Get over it.

>mean-spirited

fuck off, kiddo. no one is impressed by your hardass attitude.

>come again?
There was an entire episode about an older Shirley Temple clone being an evil bitch to Lisa who was trying to take tap dancing lessons, they asked her to voice it and she told them to go fuck themselves.
Now, even though she's dead, they murder her in child effigy when the chance comes along.

>Treehouse of Horror episodes
>""""hardass""""
Fuck off back to Tumblr. You're not welcome here.

said the virgin Sup Forums poster

I think that sounds familiar, honestly it's been quit awhile since I watched Simpsons.

I gotta rewatch it at some point. Problem is I'm just not sure where to stop

I can't see any reason to watch the later seasons outside of implied Bart and Lisa incest

dolt, I said you're pretending to be a hardass.

The show itself is just being edgy

The chewing sound and her screams still disturb me a little.

ITT: Sup Forums doesn't know what edgy means

The only simpsons episode to scare me was the one where homer was 3d. Everything else didn't bother me back then.

What would you do if you were in Goldilocks's situation, Sup Forums?

Yeah, it wasn't funny. The door being hinged from the outside was dumb too.

Offer myself to be raped by bear dick.

as usual op is a faggot and Sup Forums is the confirmed hugbox of Sup Forums

But I come here all the time and I never get any hugs!

They actually over did it with the blood. The screams and door not shaking anymore were enough. The blood was over the top.

>parody/homage
>edgy

come on man

I actually miss when the THoHs did stuff like this. Modern Simpsons ones have been very tame, and not very horror-esque in the slightest.

That scene fucked me up too, the noise of her dying stuck with me for years

Nothing tops the credits in THoH5 for most bloodiest, IMO.

youtube.com/watch?v=TfhKLnoh0b4

Considering you're using edgy wrong, you can fucking go suicide.

Same goes for you, retard.

>ITT: Sup Forums doesn't know what edgy means

Fixed that for you.

>it's pure shock value edgy shit

SAYS
YOU

Also, not what edgy means. Get a dictionary, go back to school, stop being wrong.

As usual, Sup Forums is too soft.

>edge

Learn what edge means, retard. Then fucking suicide yourself.

He's using it correctly. Blood, gore, and shock value are no strangers to THoH.

>I haven't played Silent Hill

Nobody can say Splithead wasn't scary, kid.

No he isn't. Edgy has nothing to do with blood and gore.

ugh wtf... that's so !@$%'d up, man

so.... mean-spirited and dark... literally shaking

>The panic and the screams are too realistic

The panic to me is realistic, but the screams are too cliche. Too dramatic, like in a slasher flick, where it sounds like a person with full voice trying to act like they're dying.

Define what "edgy" means to you then, oh keeper of true meanings of slang.

Get over yourself puss. This is the same show that did this youtube.com/watch?v=0ZEnUpVGLpo.

>Kath Soucie screaming
>realistic

No woman has ever had a natural scream like that.

Shitpost harder, you retarded sack of goddamn potato stained dick cheese.

adjective

1. tense, nervous, or irritable.
synonyms: tense, nervous, on edge, anxious, apprehensive, uneasy, unsettled

2. informal
at the forefront of a trend; experimental or avant-garde.
"their songs combine good music and smart, edgy ideas"
synonyms: cutting-edge, on-the-edge, fringe, avant-garde, innovative, original, offbeat; gritty
"an edgy new novel"

Stay. Wrong.

Oh, you're being a dictionary turd. Slang isn't all in the dictionary, user. So I will stay "wrong" by your standards. As a lot of people will.

same with me, user

Keep being delusional, kid.

I don't know man.
Three bears tearing you to pieces would hurt a lot. You'd probably scream.

You mean Tress MacNeille.

>I mean, it's not funny. It's just fucking mean-spirited and disturbing.

t. enter

Everything I said was easily verifiable.

No it isn't, slang doesn't excuse the misuse of a word, retard.

>The Grizzly Man death audio definitively settles this

Language is dynamic. So yeah, slang does excuse uses that aren't the old fashion one.