So Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 Teaser Trailer arrived
youtube.com/watch?v=sMTntxvok1M&t

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RybNI0KB1bg
moa.omnimulti.com/Badoon_Cylek
youtube.com/watch?v=t8XIeK8adZ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best Girl looks alright

The last part with Mantis killed me, lmao.

Yeah, alright. Despite the awful effect it's had on the comics GotG1 was actually enjoyable.
Some of the jokes were cringy, but... yeah, I'm still on board with this.

I still can't believe we are actually getting a movie with Mantis in it

Where's blue space Merle?

Didn't have any issues with Draxx in vol 1, but he seems way more off putting this time around.

Damn, they're going full memes with this one.
Either that or the trailer used every single fucking joke in the entire fucking movie.
Thinking about it, I still trust Gunn, so I'd say fault lies with the trailer people.
Mantis looks good.
I'm a little confused they seem to be pushing for a Star-Lord and Gamora romance. That ship don't make sense.

That was excellent

Jesus, baby groot is going to ruin this movie isn't it?

how are people not tired of capeshit yet? there's been 4-6 capeshit films per year for like a decade and most of them are exactly the same.

>teaser
>2:16

I find the Baby Groot thing so basic. I get teens and 40 year old women love that, but why are we stuck with Baby Groot for a whole movie? In the first movie Groot grrew a flower for a little girl. I want to see more of that Groot, not something to sell toys.

Loved the Mantis part though.

>despite the awful effect it's had on the comics
I didn't read the Bendis stuff, but seeing the new game taking direction from the movie hits home how GotG has changed forever.

>Either that or the trailer used every single fucking joke in the entire fucking movie.

That only happens in movies that are shit and have no jokes. First GotG had plenty of jokes not in the trailer.

That was pretty good. Only gripe is I wish we had giant Ent Groot

Oh wow this trailer did not do it for me at all

Were you not there when we had the meeting that every full trailer completely spoils the movie? This is what a teaser is these days.

I cant wait for this movie to ruin the comics

That fucking Drax bit at the end. I love it.

Drax was funny.

I fucking hate that Disney Groot though. And that bomb scene was forced as fuck.

they're fun

>ruin the comics

Bendis has that one on lock-down.

Drax is laughing at everyone in Sup Forums.

Yeah, but this trailer was basically nothing but jokes. And this movie isn't 100% a comedy, judging by the first movie.

>tfw the film ships Starlord and Mantis

God damn, what a fucking world we live in.

>dat Mantis
CUTE
U
T
E

Would Beta Ray Bill work in Guardians? I've basically given up on ever seeing him in Thor

I agree, fellow user.

Bootista really let himself go.

Will Drax become the new Evans?

Just look at Mantis, she looks uncanny as fuck, beta would look worst.

Looks good

they're really milking baby groot for that 5-13 money eh?

Drax is a dick.
I love it.

Are you ready for best girl, Sup Forums?

>trailer
>oh yeah, let me check that ou-
>teaser trailer
>oh damn, I didn't want to click thi-
>2:15
Wait what the fuck?

Anyone else uncomfortable when the characters swear or say things like "sexual feelings"

I thought Marvel doesn't do things like this, I mean they are kids watching this.

Yeah, seems like it will be a romance subplot where Peter likes Gamora, but it doesn't work out and he and Mantis become a thing.
I shipped them in the comics already, so I'd be down for that.
Gamora works best without romance, but if she has to it'd better be with Adam or Richard

I agree
no, she looks cute

Is the bomb for blowing up Ego the Living Planet's brain?

what

I wasn't sure if I could get into insect girls, but I think I'm coming around to it, user.

This is a James Gunn movie.

>Anyone else uncomfortable when the characters swear or say things like "sexual feelings"
No, I'm not American.

Did people not watch the first movie? Gamora+Star Lord was already established as a subplot.

>mantis isn't green
>logo is blue and the costumes aren't
Also I'm sick of baby groot already
Looks good

Could be trying to destroy the roots of the Badoon Cylek.

I don't think it's bad for the kids, but sometimes it feels a bit unnatural or immature.

Thank goodness, a song other than Hooked on a Feeling. I was worried they weren't going to give that one a break.

I mean, she wasn't green originally.

>mantis isn't green
Original Mantis wasn't either and they didn't want to have 2 green girls on one team

Badoon are with the Fantastic Fox

Looks solid. Can't wait for the predictable Sup Forums love followed by hate routine and the inevitable

>now that the dust has settled
>what did he mean by this
>muh quips

So what the fuck are they fighting in that trailer?

Universal Church of Truth?

>why are we stuck with Baby Groot for a whole movie?

Probably won't be, I'd say he'll grow full size in the third act and save the day

Yeah but green Mantis is best Mantis
Fuck Gamora

Pretty good trailer. But I still hate Baby Groom's design and overall MCU characterization as a dumbass.

I supposed they're fighting on Ego in those scenes too?

>youtube.com/watch?v=RybNI0KB1bg

Between Ant-Man, Civil War, Doctor Strange, and this, it feels like Marvel, with their comedy, is now being a bit more adult.

Now that Marvel Studios is separate from Marvel Entertainment, they might actually let directors do what they want. This film looks campy, but in a good way. Not campy like Raimi Spider-Man. Campy like Winter Soldier, Civil War, or Star Wars. All-out nonsense, taken seriously in-universe. In Doctor Strange, for example, they literally said "Open...YOUR EYE!" and "Forget everything you think you know." And played it straight. I like shit like that, I just wish the films were a bit more serious.

It's going to be hilarious when this shit flops.

>that cosplay

same

>Gamora+Star Lord was already established as a subplot.
It was a bit ambiguous.
Yeah, he wanted to fuck her, but then he wanted to fuck anything with two legs and a vaginia between them.
Only scene that really sort of went in that direction was when he rescued her from the vaccum, but the rest of the movie never did anything with that.

>capeshit

Where's the capes? Take away the Marvel branding, and it's barely regognisable as a comic book movie.

>MCU
>flop

Winter Soldier was a pretty serious film for the material it had to work with.

They made a masturbation joke in the first movie.
"They got my dick message"
They were pretty crude in movie one.

I AM GROOT

A
M

G
R
O
O
T

every time

>colors
yes
>all that baby groot
no

>It's going to be hilarious when this shit flops.
Ah, good times.

Well they probably altered it some, plus it's not exactly clear what the thing's origin is only the name, as far as I can tell it was created just for the cartoon moa.omnimulti.com/Badoon_Cylek

What's wrong with it?

>Dance scene where he tries to kiss her and she almost kisses him back
>Sacrifice to save her
This is a Disney movie, user. The roots have already grown deep. No one should be surprised that a romance will continue to be explored between these two. Whether it turns into anything or not is up to Gunn, but it's not out of nowhere.

That's what I mean. But in that film, they went all-out with the comic booky-ness, but played it straight, and told a serious story.

Ravagers apparently turned on them so whatshisface is also joining the team.

Now that the dust has settled, what did he mean by this quip?

>'This will be the Eend of the MCU,' says increasingly nervous man for seventh time this year

>Gamora works best without romance, but if she has to it'd better be with Adam or Richard
I fucking hate how she was basically just Quill's crush in the first movie, and it doesn't look like that's changing.
I guess she'll stay the worst MCU character.

I loved all the sci-fi gadgets in that movie. I loved that Nick Fury's car could've just flown away if the system wasn't damaged. Zola in general.
That sort of nonsense.
Winter Soldier is so good. I don't think I'll ever recover from the disappointment that Civil War wasn't as good.

She doesn't look like that, that's what. It also looks cheap.

This shit is going to flop hard

All of this.

I was okay with the vol.1 Groot who had the opposite personality to DnA Groot. But at this point I do think that new Groot is garbage.

>tfw Bug can't show up in the MCU

If Disney can bully Hasbro into not buying Dreamworks, why can't they bully them into giving them the Micronutrients rights

That's not how it goes, faggot.

I meant Micronauts, I hate being a phonefag

Sure thing dude.

>the Micronutrients
Ah yes my favorite heroes.
Taurine a best.

>She doesn't look like that
What version of Mantis are we talking about here? And it's not that cheap for a handmade cosplay, it's one of the best Mantis cosplays out there actually

Is this the end of the MCU?

it's everything I thought it would be

maybe I'll catch it on dvd or something

>mfw remembering how everyone thought the first one would """flop"""

In other news, Marvel is being dicks about teasing the Spider-Man Homecoming trailer,

youtube.com/watch?v=t8XIeK8adZ4

Notice when they pan, a lot of the front row looks unimpressed.

Just disable autocorrect. It does more harm than good.

What's the song?

Man, I missed this.

Where's the whole pasta though?