Good movies with bad titles

Good movies with bad titles.

>ITT: bad movies with intriguing titles.

yeah wtf there was no blood in this movie what a ripoff

Where i live it's called Dark Blood

Think it would’ve been better with its source material’s title?

fpbp

I have a distinct memory from back in 2007 of seeing a preview for this movie on TV but it was marketed as some sort of horror movie with Daniel as a slasher villain, and at the end of the preview a deep, gruff voice says "Oh yes... there will be blood."

Does anybody else remember this?

This isn't the only false memory of a movie that I have either.

will PTA ever reach this height of kino again?

yep. that's how it's called in russian. brief and simple therefore memorable

That was marketing for one of the saw movies. The gruff voice was Jigsaw.

But I remember seeing Daniel's face and the title.

There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men should switch titles

Can one of you genius film philosophers please explain this movie's ending to me?

What didn't you get? The preacher didn't want to play ball when DDL's character was willing so he drilled just off the land and still got the oil. He came back later to try and get the deal when the chips were down and DDL's character got to finally have his revenge and fuck with him. Then he felt like his son betrayed him and shit like that. What specifically didn't you get?

So was the preacher a good guy who did nothing wrong?

>This isn't the only false memory of a movie that I have either.
I remember when I saw The Phantom Menace in theaters the final part of the lightsaber duel takes place in a coppery brownish/red room. Then we got it on DVD and they fought in a black room. I asked my parents why they changed it and they didn't know what I was talking about.

they were both extremely petty and sociopathic men who used their mediums to gain power

the only way it would ever end is daniel beating him to death because eli is too much of a pussy to strike first

It was the last few seconds specifically. When he plops down on the floor and says "I'm finiiished". I have no clue what he means by that.

>extremely petty and sociopathic men who used their mediums to gain power

Examples of Eli being this? Haven't seen the film in 4 years. All I remember was his twin sold some land and Eli attacked his father for allowing him to do that.

I have a memory of The End of The World by Skeeter Davis being in Mars Attacks but now it is missing from the movie.

Am I the only one who kept getting Eli and his brother confused

Yeah, I don't get why they couldn't get some average Joe to play his brother.

He downright strangles his dad after he finds out what deal he struck with Daniel.

That's nothing I vividly recall James Duvall in the lead for Jeepers Creepers not Justin Long.

Eli slapped the shit out of Daniel in public under the guise of an exorcism as a display of power and revenge for throwing him around in the mud
Eli's method was more psychological abuse because he was a weedy little fuck and knew he couldn't best Daniel physically

in any other film, Eli probably would've won given how long their feud went on for, a lesser man would've stood down
but we've seen what insane lengths Daniel will go to get what he wants and keep it for himself

The original actor for the twin role dropped out, so they had Dano play both roles.

I only recently found out, too, that they were twins. I thought the character was trying to trick Daniel by making him think there were two people involved and it made him look like an idiot.

Well then your memory is wrong. That was a tv spot for Saw 2 or 3.

I remember it very distinctly. It was the same shot of Daniel Plainview as in OP's pic and that's when he says "Oh yes... there will be blood" and the title appears in red text.

>I only recently found out

Did you only watch the movie once in 2007 when you were 13? It's clearly stated how Paul and Eli were two different people.

M A N D E L L A

>OIL! The Novel
>it's actually a movie
Wtf

Ok it totally happened but only you saw it and it just so happens to be exactly like the TV spot for a different movie ok?