How is this? whenever I see people discussing it it's positive, but what could it be compared to...

How is this? whenever I see people discussing it it's positive, but what could it be compared to? Both in terms of humor and style?

Why were the late 90's/early 2000s filled with shows like these? Some barely note worthy comedians name followed by SHOW.

Maybe Curb?
Its pretty unique honestly. It starts out slow, but its pretty great

Oh boy...

Oh shit, it's like curb? Just how autistic is this Larry? If he's even half as autistic as LD this'll be worth it. I looked it up and noticed it had all sorts of famous guest stars, how do they go about them? Like do they go in as themselves and get fucked with, fictionalized versions of themselves like curb, or just characters?

It is an amazing show that has a lot of heart and sharp satire with three of the finest characters I've seen in a comedy. The show sometimes goes for easy laughs and there are some instances where storylines are repetitive, but I consider it toe to toe with Seinfeld as the best 90s live-action comedy.

It's excellent, one of television's best, as good as curb/seinfeld, sort of similar to that but a little more savvy/dramatic

fuk u
This isn't even true here because the show is about a show called that.
OP yeah it's good. In fact it's very good. It can be compared to 30 Rock but it's a bit more cynical and 90s. I've seen 3 seasons it's amazing.

Larry and David Duchovny = the best of 90s kino.

Does it drop off as much as 30 Rock? I liked it and stuck with it until the end but nothing in the whole series made me laugh as hard as Alec Baldwin getting Kenneth to play poker only for him to have a better poker face than anyone he's ever seen, and that was only the 3rd or 4th episode. Every character became unbearable after 3 or 4 seasons except for Alec Baldwin, Kenneth, Tracy Morgan, and the neck beard writer. Matt Damon was ok too I guess but he wasn't a main actor so I can't really count him.

Duchovny episodes are top 5 episodes.
>His behavior was detesticle.

It does not drop off and the 6th season is probably the best.

I don't know I said I only watched 3 seasons. By the looks of it no the show stays good throughout.

Also 30 Rock never drops in quality, you opinions on the show is worthless on the first watch.

“Hey Now!”

the episode where he becomes obsessed with being Jewish and wears his Jew hat on the show is fucking hilarious.

Well I guess I'll give it a shot, downloading the first season now.
Can anyone answer my question about how they go about the guest stars?

It's a fake talk show but they get real celebrities to be the guests. Sometimes they fuck around with the audience a little by announcing all these amazing guests at the start, but often none of them show up. There's quite a few huge people that show up though, like Robin Williams and Howard Stern and most of the Seinfeld cast.

That sounds pretty great, first season just finished downloading. Reporting back after I finish the first episode.

Just coming into the conversation. It was surprisingly heart warming. You can see that Curb was somewhat influenced by it. I watched it when it was on Crackle for free.

First episode wasn't fantastic but it seemed like the pieces are there for something great, will continue for a few more episodes until Rick and morty comes on.

>Some barely note worthy comedians name followed by SHOW.
hey now