Snyder Bat Epic Pt.16

Prior threads here!

Posting this from campus and heading home meow. Please send bumps when you are able. Hopefully we will finish Snyder tonight (I'm aiming for it).

Alright.

One bump is all it takes to be a hero. Something to take with you.

While I have no complaints about the art in this issue, I still wish it was penciled by Capullo (for consistency).

Posting Snyder order for anyone just checking in:
1. Court of Owls.
2. City of Owls.
3. Batman: Annual 1
4. Death of the Family
5. Batman #18-20 (Assorted Issues)
6. Batman #0
7. Zero Year
8. Batman Annual #2
9. Batman #34
10. Batman Eternal
11. Batman #35-37 (Endgame Pt. 1)
12. Batman Annual #3
13. Batman #38-40 (Endgame Pt. 2)
14. Batman #41
15. Batman & Robin Eternal
16. Batman Annual #4
17. Batman Future's End
18. Batman #42-52
19. Detective Comics #27
20. All Star Batman

Afterwards here's the Superman Order
1. Smallville Season 11
2. Joe Casey - Adventures of Superman
3. Mark Millar - Superman Adventures
4. Geoff Johns - (Secret Origin, Up Up and Away, Escape from Bizarro World, Legion of Superheroes, Braniac).
5. Grant Morrison - Action Comics/All Star Superman

Batman Revisit.
1.Batman and Robin (Tomasi)
2. Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader

Other Publishers
1. Authority/Planetary
2. Powers Bendis
3. The Dark Tower
4. Mark Millar Comics

I would love to hear other suggestions/thoughts.

That's pretty ambitious. Good luck to you user.

Definitely a little ambitious, but there are only a few series that are going to take a substancial amount of time (Smallville, Batman& Robin, and Powers being the ones that jump out at me).

I'm glad this version of Bruce got an appropriate send off. He deserved to be this happy.

=(

Bump

Time to get to work.

Pretty sure that was Darkseid's idea, but ok.

Probably where he got the idea

I love this scene, Batman wakes up, Alfred and a woman he doesnt really know are crying over him like he committed suicide, He knows that he was happy and it had to be thrown away. he's pissed.

All of the covers for this run are great

Just had a friend of the family die. He took his own life which was entirely unexpected. Thank god for this thread providing me some piece of enjoyment.

>Person was really friends with my father.
>He learns that I'm good at NFL blitz (I'm 10 years old at the time).
>He challenges me to a game and I whup his ass and go to bed.
>He wakes my ass up a little after midnight and challenges me to a rematch.
>He beats me and it seems like he was just crowned king of the world.
>He celebrates by making beer brauts for us.

>He took his own life which was entirely unexpected.
That sucks feel Better

am i the only one who simply cannot get into Snyder's run? after Morrison's epic, Snyder's just seems like an amateur, or an apprentice, imitating a master. funny thing, i was a fan of Snyder until his Batman work. i dug his first arc on American Vampire and his first story for Detective Comics, one with Gordon's son, was great. then something clicked and i simply could not get any enjoyment from his stuff. i found the Court of Owls one of the lamest things to ever be introduced to the Batman mythos and his Joker arc not to my liking, to say the least. i quit reading after that one and from what i've read here, i don't think my opinion of his work will change any time soon.

anyways, keep up the good work, Storybro.

Another memory. We went to the pool as a group (sister, dad, and me - his family). We had an amazing time and go back to my dad's afterward. My dad and him stark cooking steaks on the grill and homemade baked potatoes. We all watch Wild Wild West and Almost Heroes. Shit was cash.

I'm sorry to hear that StoryBro. I don't know how close you are to your friends and family, but please let them be there for you, you don't have to go through grief alone

I'm sorry to hear that, OP. At least you've got those memories to cherish.

I'm with you on the CoO feeling like a poor man's Black Glove, and I wasn't a fan of Death of the Family, but I really did enjoy Zero Year, Endgame, Superheavy, and Bloom. I enjoyed the run the more it went on, and Capullo's art is truly some of the best on batman there's ever been.

man, that sucks. i had two friends within one week die from drug related issues. 2016 has been hell. i live in a party town and every other month or so, we here about another overdose or suicide (suicide attempt). the shock never goes away and with one of the two, i had no idea he had substance abuse issues.

hope you feel better soon, man.

I'm terribly sorry to hear

THank you for your words. It's weird thinking that I've known him since as long as I can remember. He was one of my father's best friends and I remember hanging out with his kids and watching the Superbowl at his house. He was one of my last links to my dad's side of the family (even though he wasn't technically family, he will always be my Uncle Doug).

>Hello, Jim. Who died and made you Batman?
Ha.

You welcome user.

Weirdly, I love the new batsuit, I love Capullo's Batman, I hate the way Capullo draws the new Batsuit.

Was capullo sick or something? This art isn't bad but come on don't just drop the ball like this

Still a fantastic variant.

Love the new Batsuit as well. To little touches of purple really add to it.

So are they like in his head?

Only Batman can be Batman

Yeah, I thought I'd hate the purple under the cape, but it actually looks really good.

Julia in Rebirth when?

Same.
Fortunately every appearance after this issue it's grown on me exponentially. (Looks better in 51 even)

I wonder what it would be like for Bruce to have a so. That didn't become Robin wasn't raised by assains and just lived a normal life

Agreed. I also like the black and yellow on the belt, and the shape of it. Somehow makes you not even realize the lack of briefs anymore. I feel they need to try some yellow and red variant on Superman.

I'm confused he's Bruce Wayne the just uploading his memories back why do they act like it's murder?

Alfred doesn't want him to go back to being Batman, plus he might not survive the procedure.

Zero Year is like the only story that Morrison didn't do better already.

Because this Bruce is going to be overwritten. This was a Bruce that had overcome his tragedy and grown into a healthy person, and after the transfer we will have the previously broken developmentally stunted Bruce we all know and love.

No, but we had Year One for that.

This time it's a Joker Robot suit.

WHAT A TWEEST!

Cmon gang lets watch BatmanvSuperman no way will they blow it

sad for Alfred

Yeah I don't think Snyder really got how to write a group of elitist assholes going against Batman so he made them into a orginzatio. Going back centuries that even has a zombie army so they'd basically be unbeatable

Oh FUCK he's back

And with a shocking twist, New 52 Batman solves yet ANOTHER problem with a big robot suit! Tony Stark ain't got shit on the world's greatest robotics expert- I mean detective! Detective work revolves around punching things in mechs, right? Right?

I wonder how Bruce makes every new bat suit

Anyone here think that Duke will eventually get his family back

=O

Nah, no one affiliated with Batman is allowed to have happiness.

I don't think so because they appear to be adding a bit of tragedy to Duke's backstory.