What are some genuinely scary shows/movies that I could watch this October? I might see IT in theaters...

What are some genuinely scary shows/movies that I could watch this October? I might see IT in theaters, but I mean more than that.

I like pic related. I find that slasher films can be enjoyable, but not that scary most of the time. Saw 1 and Nightmare on Elm Street (1,3, and New Nightmare) were kinda scary to me when I first saw them, but Halloween or Friday the 13th don't scare me really.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FOEozFtqe3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Shining (1980) and The Exorcist (1973) are the scariest films ever made if you're not brainlet.

I am a Kubrick fan, so it is honestly kind of weird for me to have not seen the Shining. However, the Exorcist didn't seem all that great. I wasn't able to finish it because of circumstances, but still.

that movie was shit

Try Kill List. Don't read anything about it, no spoilers literally nothing. Just go watch it

And why do you think that?

it felt like a drama film about a mom with depression not a horror film

But how do you feel about that aesthetic?

I know it's not the best horror movie out there, but I love the orphanage, 10/10 atmosphere, it's spooky but always for a good reason and the acting is really good.

this
>muh intelligent horror
thats not to say it wasnt a decent film

lake mungo is patrician horror
the VVitch isn't horror as much as it sets a fall mood, definitely worth watching as the weather turns
Kairo is still spooky the last time i watched it
noroi is always fun
A Dark Song was definitely unexpected, thought it was great

ive heard of The Borderlands is worth watching

I feel like it hit both, and that made it stronger. I can understand what you mean. I think the grief and insanity she was experiencing added to the horror. Her grief drove her craziness which drove her fear.

youtube.com/watch?v=FOEozFtqe3s

but not once was I frightened so in my mind it was a shitty horror film if you like a mom dealing with depression then realizing it never goes away sure its a good film, but if you are going for horror its straight shit

These, plus Ringu (1998) and Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974).

you have shit taste, i bet you liked It Follows you faggot

John Carpenter's The Thing
The Silence of the Lambs
Rosemary's Baby
The House of The Devil
Duel

I recommend this too, very spooky movie

Silence of the Lambs was good, and it had a good creepy vibe.
Alright, it is settled, that one is high priority to watch.

The Room

Inland Empire

I don't find movies movies scary anymore please help Sup Forums

The Thing

Ghostwatch

I'd recommend:
>Crimson Peak - Ghosts
>Dawn of the Dead (original or remake) -Zombies
>Fright Night (80's) - Vampires
>Texas Chainsaw Massacre(original) -Serial Killer

Also all this talk of Silence of the Lamb so yes I totally agree, but you should also watch the show, specifically the first season of Hannibal it's great. Also the first season of American Horror Story is good Halloween fun.

Hour of the Wolf 1968 by Bergman. Possession 1981 by Zulawski.

Have all the lights off, invite some friends over, get REALLY high, and watch Paranormal 1-3

off yourself

Honestly wanted to smother the kid in that movie.

Better yet, turn off all the lights, scatter legos across your floor, and wait until you have to walk to the bathroom.

That'd be more frightening.

The Shining is one of my favorite movies, but I never really found it to be all that scary

Silence of the Lambs is so good. I wish I could find more movies with the same set up

this. its isolation, so that can be situationally spooky. but jack nicholson had zero subtlety

If you've ever been trapped in a job/ relationship/ political situation etc. the movie is a metaphor for the encroachment of your hostile surroundings

>evil was born...
>evil was born and followed the boy