How do you like your Spidey, Sup Forums? Poor or rich?

How do you like your Spidey, Sup Forums? Poor or rich?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6fO1sY_Dg-M
parahumans.wordpress.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Certainly not rich, but he should be comfortable.

None at all. I prefer bat man. He's literally the best superhero.

Spiderfags are cancer

spidey should be poor as often as batman, its just something he has to deal with, he was made to be poor, because they wanted a more relatable superhero
that being said he was usually lower middle-class

Bruce is so sheltered can't even stitch a rip guess growing up without a mom and dad did a toll on the guy.

>growing up without a mom and dad did a toll on the guy
I don't think anybody will question that.

I would've liked the Parkers to mainly be supported by MJ's acting/modelling while Peter occasionally published books or patented inventions he made/wrote in his spare time. Enough cash to live comfortably and put their kid through a nice college without really being rich. Worrying about cash is Old Spidey and having too much cash isn't the direction he should be going in.

>Bat man
>Trying to act like he knows shit about any comic character.

When has Peter /ever/ shown an interest in writing?

Middle class, I suppose? Kind of like where he was in MC2

This basically. Spidey should be the guy who struggles to juggle his social life, work, and crime fighting.

He hasn't but it's a good job for someone who can't really hold a job schedule. The only thing he really has to worry about his deadlines and that shouldn't get in the way of crime fighting and he wouldn't have to explain why he's not employed.

Actually Im surprised we don't see more author heroes unless Im forgetting any

That's why he was a freelance photographer, those guys make their own hours. Also, it's a good excuse for when you're in a group.

>Hang on guys, Goblin is attacking again? What? No, I'm not crazy, I've get gotta get some pictures.

Well he does, after all its the character with more good runs and by far the one with more good graphic novels. Anyway only hellboy compares when it comes to mainstream comics you pleb

>Bat man
>Has the audacity to call someone else a pleb.

I kinda like this. I like the idea that if Peter wasn't Spider-Man but his life was otherwise the same, he'd live fairly comfortably. It's the burden of being Spidey that makes him so poor.

Rich is an interesting change. It forces writers to come up with new exciting ways for Peter to suffer, and suffering is what Spider-Man is all about.

He's not really suffering over it. And I can't think of any way to make him suffer through it without killing off more people.

As expected, you were so dumb that you didn't read those posts were made by different people.

>Pretending to be someone else.

Alternatively.

>Acting like he ever said that or implied it once in the posts.

Gee, I wonder who drew this comic

Watch Kaptain Kristian video essay on him. It explains everything Spidey should be. He's the middle man, so I prefer him as a lower-middle class boy from Brooklyn.

THAT'LL SHOW THE PIRATES!

Why doesn't Spider-Man use his webbing to create a suit?

Even in actual life there's few things as durable and malleable as spider silk. I imagine if he used his own silk as threads for a costume it would be superior to anything he'd get elsewhere.

Link?

He doesn't actually make webs. It's just a glue like substance he creates artificially then fires it out of devices.

I never really liked this angle. He can leap six stories, throw buses, cling to walls and dodge bullets. Is shooting web really that much of a stretch?

It's added drama, Peter constantly has to worry about running out of web fluid when he's in a fight or he swinging. Also, it's meant to lower how powerful he is.

Peter is plenty vulnerable, spiders aren't particularly durable. He has to rely on agility and being smart to avoid getting crushed by Rhino or ripped in half by the Lizard. I imagine even a sufficient amount of bullets could do him in.

>Spiders aren't durable.

Peter is though, he's taking some pretty powerful beatings from pretty powerful people.

>I imagine even a sufficient amount of bullets could do him in.

He's too fast for them to it, plus he can tell it's gonna be fired before the trigger's pulled.

hm really makes ya think

>with more good runs
Fuck off, Batfag. The only worthwhile Batman run is O'Neil's. Everything else is either mediocrity or shit,

youtu.be/6fO1sY_Dg-M

>he does, after all its the character with more good runs and by far the one with more good graphic novels

You really need to get out more. Get laid perhaps. Go for a jog or something healthy.

> BAT OF MURDER

I don't like Spiderman.

Skitter from Worm does this.

Worm is a superhero web serial following a teenage girl whose power is controlling insects. The world building is a bit of a new and darker spin on some comic book tropes. Not great on explaining but it is a great read.

parahumans.wordpress.com

Then why comment?

>Samefagging.

He's far more interesting when poor, but only when he's poor because his work as Spider-Man keeps screwing his civie life over.

Spideyfags are pathetic, it most hurt that batman has so many great stories and outside Last hunt spiderman has non.

Let's be honest here, you've only read Year One and think that Batman is some kind of revolutionary character because of how pretentious it is. That or you like the villains because they remind you of your wicked nihilist sense of humor. Either way, you're still wrong.

>Blue
>Reign
>Death of Jean DeWulf.
>Boy who collects Spider-Man
>If this be destiny
>Marvel Knights.

>He has to rely on agility and being smart to avoid getting crushed by Rhino or ripped in half by the Lizard

He supposed to be at least as strong as them

Not Rhino, Rhino out classes him in strength. Lizard outclasses him in speed I believe.

I know Spideyfags are insecure, but as long as legends exist batman you will never win this argument.

You're the one acting territorial. I'm pointing out how you only act territorial because you feel insecure about liking a super hero, so you have to convince yourself that it's different than other heroes because he's somehow "more mature", despite possibly being the most childish due to the forced grim dark of many of his stories.

As a genuinely rich person I can tell you sheltered or not I won't bother stitching clothes. I wouldn't even pay a seamstress to stitch my clothes, unless they're my absolute favorite one-of-a-kind items that I simply can't replace.

Doesn't even matter if they're really expensive. Just buy new clothes.

Reign, motherfucker? Reign?

Radioactive semen aside, I enjoyed it.

The stories you named are not even as good as Gothic or Shaman. Boy may be a classic but is not as good as laughing fish or robin died at dawn or mortal clay. Reign is shit. You can like Peter all what you want, but that doesn't change that batman has better comics that any of the big 2. Also you have to be retarded to imply spiderman, the second most popular superhero isnt for plebs, the difference is that the first. Is batman and the third is superman, both actually have tons of stories that are considered not only classics but are also really good, something that spiderman lacks. Take Wherever that happened, is better than any spiderman story ever. There's a reason most writers have a good batman story in mind or in their belts while very few would call spiderman their dream job.

Kill yourself
I like him poor. He's supposed to relate to us new yorkers

Poor is more fun and somewhat more relatable

spider sense is not a perfect shield. he still has to react and he can be tricked into moving into more danger. we as readers understand this weakness, the people he's fighting don't. if somebody were to study his fighting habits closely. I'm sure they could kill spider-man with a gun.

Don't waste your time only hulkfags are worse than that particular spiderfag

Yeah, one of Spidey strong points is that how relatable he his compare to other superhero's. He have problem that a regular citizen would have like being late to pay rent or having to balance his social life. Him being rich as fuck doesn't help with that.

Peter as a teacher was great, you don't need him to be a poorfag as an adult, you could give him problems with his bosses, make him hate stark or reed for stealing a patent something like that.

>Peter as a teacher was great, you don't need him to be a poorfag

Most teachers are poor

I would prefer a Spidey who as a teenager recently got his powers and is struggling with money in the family after Uncle Ben's death and struggles with it through college but eventually gets a decent job as a teacher which keeps him hovering at a affordable living wage, then bring in marriage to MJ or even some other girl who has a job of some sort and he winds up being pretty gucci while still being the average joe who isn't super rich or isn't exactly stuck in middle class.

>The stories you named are not even as good as Gothic or Shaman.

You're not allowed to go there since your original point was that Spider-Man didn't have any. Proving you've never actually read any of the stories listed, proving that your opinion means jack shit.

> Boy may be a classic but is not as good as laughing fish or robin died at dawn or mortal clay.

Not even saddest Batman stories, get the fuck out of here with that weak shit.

> Reign is shit.

I liked it, I think it gets a lot more hate than it deserves.

>You can like Peter all what you want, but that doesn't change that batman has better comics that any of the big 2.

T. Territorial insecure Batfag who needs to feel better about himself for liking super heroes.

> Also you have to be retarded to imply spiderman, the second most popular superhero isnt for plebs

He unironically said whilst being a batfag.

>Is batman and the third is superman, both actually have tons of stories that are considered not only classics but are also really good, something that spiderman lacks

See list above.

>Take Wherever that happened, is better than any spiderman story ever.

You didn't even say the name of the book right, but you're making a pretty fucking bold statement about a story where Batman is literally just floating around listening to people say inconstant stories.

>There's a reason most writers have a good batman story in mind or in their belts while very few would call spiderman their dream job.

Because Batman sells more, duh.

You know there's a reason why Batfags are universally hated on this board right? Because you're the only fags (save for the MCU fags) who feel so bad about yourself you have to go into other threads, that have nothing to do with Batman mind you, to obnoxiously shill how much superior your tastes are, and refuse to read any other stories that don't feature your wank character. You're like those cunty vegans who always have to bring up that they're vegans.

I never claimed they were, I'm just saying they're pretty OP. Regardless, the person shooting wouldn't even need to do that because they'd probably find out that it can be disrupted by then, considering how many people use that against him.

>Slott will never leave.

It hurts me, it really does.

But it's fun. I have an okay job now but I kind of enjoyed the suffering of being poor. I wasn't dirt poor exactly but I'd have to wait a month to buy a 40 dollar video game or something. You've honestly missed out, I don't think you'll understand what I mean but it's like a very intense video game.

Maybe I'm just a masochist.

Yes because he doesn't have spider powers, he has nuclear powers but branded himself well.

>went you're a kid you idolize the Bat Man
>when you are an edgelord teenager you realize the Joker makes more sense
>when you are an adult you realize DC is just fucking trash

Did you want the web to come out of his asshole?

>When you're a child you're a company fag.

>When you grow up you chose to pick between different flavors and like the best of both worlds.

OP here. How the hell did this thread turn into a company war?