/who/ - Doctor Who General

Chibkino edition.

PREVIOUSLY ON /who/...

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/kj92Fs9.png
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._2
mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE
doctornolonger.tumblr.com/post/165707316692/thepotatoone5678-i-really-want-to-see-a-seventh
archive.is/w8UD1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doctor Who re

*blocks your non-humanoid biology*

>he fucked it up

REEEEEEEE

>Your lyrics are worse that pickup lines thought of by Howard
>When was Rose ever on your Dalek, you coward?
>Your British glutius maximus should finally end at last
>Running since 1963? Even Sesame Street hasn't completed that task!
>You have a phone booth, but won't answer when I ring up
>Your rhymes aren't bad, doctor- oh wait, Bazinga!

>You brought up my mother since your loss is hard to swallow,
>your plots are harder than my Klingon language to follow
>Your win will be indefinite, like watching those episodes that were unaired,
>If you ever sit in my spot, violent payback will be declared!
>Seriously, you believe you're a top choice with females?
>I wrote a theory about your unattractiveness, check your e-mail
>You expect to woo ladies when your 4th Doctor looked like a bum?
>I'm a fast clashing Flash that can kick your ass, you British scum
>14 billion years ago, we were in a hot dense state,
>It was a world without your unentertaining show, it was simply great!
>Soft kitty, warm kitty, purr purr purr,
>I got a degree in sending your reincarnating carcus back in time, this is my turf!

Is this the worst /who/ thread we've had for spam?

Spam, spam, everywhere.

Just keep reporting it, some were removed already.

kino Someone please sing this and post it

If a missing episode was recovered tomorrow, what would the most absolutely disappointing/boring/uninteresting one to be found?

waiting for bookclub be like

Don't mind me, just pirating your regeneration

Doctor Who is dead.

I don't suppose there's any need for a /who/ anymore...make me a Discord, now

The cut of DiT episode 2 where Big Ron stops the Rani.

holy shit STD is fucking terrible. Dr Who doesnt need to worry about any SF competition, ill say that much..

I more or less agree.

Dear lord, I suppose no one's seen that have they?

>The actual abbreviation is STD

What's the idea of Short Trips 2.5?

can you share some more thoughts on it, you can probably articulate why better than me. the crew are so dumb, the design is such a ripoff other things, the fucking visuals look like ass...
at least the expanse is pretty good

A compilation of just alt docs and companion only stories. I think 13 stuff too since it'll be after Christmas when we get our first glimpse of Jodie

>STD
Literally AIDS.
I believe Noel has a copy stashed in his Crinkley Bottom.

So basically N8's anthology?

Can't say I'm surprised.
Wow, and you liked class. What's the problem with it?

Should I even bother with STD? I really haven't given a fuck since JJ's Red Matter

I'd stay away from 13 until her actual series, after which we can do ST3

/who/ has a very different style but yeah a similar idea. Although I don't think N8's covers companion-only stories like ST2.5 will

Not necessarily "companion only".

Spinoff characters, and alt Doctors.

Name my band

ok

Just seems weird since wasn't he publishing every story submitted? wasn't really a "style"

His anthology has actual published authors in it, it has Mortimore, he's doing a big editing job on it, it's a lot slicker and more official. /who/ does a shaggier and more community-vibed affair and we have authors unique to here. And we're not just focusing on alt Doctors since we're doing spinoff characters and companions as well.

>N8's anthology
?

As clueless as this poor guy is, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly jealous of his pseudo-pompadour.

The characters have spent a whole 45 minutes just talking. The main character is acting unlikeable, and basically started a whole conflict out of emotional distress.

The main character saying "Shoot first!", and then breaking the order of command when told no, is also not the best.

The random

An anthology of N8's that is using only alternate Doctors. It's a similar idea, but I will say the idea of a Shit Trips anthology focusing on spinoff characters and alternate Doctors was already being discussed back when Shit Trips 1 was being put together, so it's not a total ripoff.

The technology doesn't match up with the timeline. (I don't really care about that as a Trek casual, but it's still not good).

Who's N8?

>mfw I submitted a Bernice-Summerfield-only Doctorless story to N8's anthology and he accepted it

The odd camera angles also make it weird.

To be honest, if CBS wasn't forcing everyone to use their streaming service to watch future eps, I might

A /who/ trip.

Did you at least use an alternate Doctor?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but:
N8 is the resident Faction Paradox guy, he assembled the mega containing them. Old stream friend, pretty cool guy and apparently resourceful enough to get mortimore to contribute to his fan fic anthology.

As in, was there an alternate Doctor mentioned? Or did Seven meet Bernice differently in-story?

Yes. He's also written in both Shit Trips anthologies.

>holy shit Star Trek is fucking terrible
FTFY :^)

No Doctor seen or mentioned
I'm pretty sure the anthology is just for "what if"s, in general

Fun fact: N8's anthology was originally going to be just a Warner Doctor anthology. I asked if it could be for all Unbound Doctors, and it expanded in scope from there.

Ah, I'm a bit of a newfag, thanks

>read nothing o clock in doctor who short stories comp
>the kin appear.
>kino monster idea. Huge shit trip idea forms
>can only use alt docs

/who/, this is gonna be a whopper

I still have to remind myself that we had a finale with classic cybermen, simm and gomez

You can write it for Shit Trips 3. If anyone has early submissions for that, let me know.

Or, you can make a custom Doctor.

Shit Trips 2.5 is for:

>spin-off (Torchwood, SJA, Class)

>alt Doctors

>custom Doctors

I don't necessarily mind "companion only", but I feel that's already done Shit Trips 1 and 2. But if /who/ wants it, I'll allow it.

What about 'alt companions'

nonTV spinoffs?

Sure.
Yes. Graceless and Vienna, etc, are allowed.

And it was actually good instead of pure fanwank

I keep hearing about Vienna, what even is it?

>capaldi's final episode is a multi-doctor episode directed by rachel talalay

I can't get over how fucking kino capaldi's entire run has been

*blocks your ratings*

The ending kinda sucked. Bill's fate felt a lot like a rehash of Clara's to me.

It's about a bounty hunter. She met the Seventh Doctor in one or two audios, and has basically had her own adventures since then, though she met Benny at one point, I think.

Everything up until the ending was gold though
it makes the episode a 9/10 rather than a 10/10

Fair enough, it was basically a rehash of Clara, but I liked it.

Had a few ideas that would be great for ST3 so I might just write them up and post them here for you guys to read even if they're not in a compilation

What were your ideas?

Nah m8. When I see a restriction like this imposed I take it as a challenge

*blocks your suicide*

Doctor Who is dead.

*blocks your Time War*

Something with 9 and Simm in between End of Time and World Enough and Time

blocks your no fap

@Mcganon
I just got around to reading Holiday and it was beautiful

Why not just write it then wait to submit it in ST3? Gives you more time to edit and perfect it

Not dead just yet!

/who/ BOOK CLUB - SHIT TRIPS: VOLUME 2
SUNDAY EDITION (contd)
=====

Shit Trips 2 is here, so let's engage in some community self-love by reading and appreciating some of this mammoth work every Wednesday and Sunday. We'll be going through the whole thing in order.

TODAY'S STORIES:

>Time Enough and World
&
>The Doctor Rises
By Neo

STORIES FOR WEDNESDAY:
>Chumbleys vs. Abzorbaloff, by Lym
>The New Bedroom, by Comfy user
>Silencio, by Gallifrey Immigrant
>Marshall BTFO...Again!, by FNA

FULL SCHEDULE: i.imgur.com/kj92Fs9.png

Read, enjoy, discuss, reflect, shitpost.
Got questions about a story? Was there something you thought was GOAT? Memeyness that made you laugh? Let us all know. The floor is open all day.
If you wrote a story and you want to answer/ask questions in authorial capacity, consider a temporary trip.
Make it obvious which story you're posting about, & browse sensibly if you don't want to get spoiled on any stories.

Out of the loop but want to jump in?
Get Shit Trips: Volume 2 here:
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._2
mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE

I could but that won't be for nearly a year

Whatever you want dude. Fun to think how the actual DW writers feel, often it's over a year between their writing and people actually seeing it

reminder literally noone has posted feedback yet

haven't read them because I've only recently started 8's audios

Night night /who/

Night dude! Sleep sweet goth dreams!

Night night!

Nine and Simm? Sounds great.

Goodnight! I probably should be sleeping myself...

I really want to see a Seventh Doctor meets the Twelfth Doctor story. Seven resented Four for not destroying the Daleks when he had the chance and Five for not gunning Davros down to potentially save millions. How would he react to Twelve saving little Davros?

Just watched the feature film debut of the Veil, good to see it's finding work

>Why do I always go soft in my later years? If the one after you starts hugging Daleks and kisses them goodnight, I may as well go to the Chinatown alleys and get shot right now.

I've always thought Twelve would find Seven's manipulativeness abhorrent, as he would see the seeds of the War Doctor's persona in Seven's "chessmaster" ways.

>doctornolonger.tumblr.com/post/165707316692/thepotatoone5678-i-really-want-to-see-a-seventh
we tungle now

>it's a n8 takes off his trip thread
Why don't you go back to the_donald?

I think for 12s part hed have the same attitude he had when he was 8 in To The Death:Disgusted.

>You wake up every morning, you lace up your shoes and you do your best. And you know what? Sometimes your best is incredible; sometimes your best can save planets and millions of people and give lots of children the privilige of living a peaceful, intelligent life where they go on and contribute great things to society. But sometimes... Sometimes your best comes at a cost. Sometimes your best requires you to send a child to the slaughterhouse. And that's okay with a lot of people, that's a compromise that makes logical sense; but it sure as heck isn't your best anymore. It isn't your best when you have to ask someone else to die, to give up potential, dreams...life for the sake of everyone else's life. Then it's their best; and you're sitting in your little chair playing games again so you can pretend to be the hero before you fly off again. Before you even gave a chance for someone to believe in their own cause, to rally behind and create meaning for their own life you answered the question for them: Dulce et decorum est pro mori.

Holy shit you're not even memeing

He's an actual fucking cletus

Yep
www.reddit.com/user/wtfbbc
His second most used subreddit is literally the_donald and he's in white supremacist subs too

Now I see why he's so buddy-buddies with Jim "I would rather have a child die from disease than live with autism" Mortimore

I wanna see N8 vs Cats.

lmao, dropped. I'll stick to /who/tube if I need FP recs

Yeah a lot of things make more sense when you realise it

Holy shit, he makes Nilso look like fucking Gandhi.

He doesn't deserve the trip. N8 if you're reading this, never post with your trip on again because we're just going to make fun of you from now on

>Human biodiversity and recognition of the differences between races are a part of neoreaction

What the fuck n8

N8's still good for FP recs.

>Yeah a lot of things make more sense when you realise it

Not really? N8's works with a lot of liberal people. I've never asked him about his politics, but he doesn't seem that conservative in what I've heard him say.

Does he fap to Faction Paradox? I legitimately think this is unhealthy.

Can I get some links, I can't be arsed trying to dig through the reddit profile for faeces.

We're literally looking at self-professed evidence of him being extremely 'conservative', you getting on with him is nice but 'he doesn't seem conservative' doesn't really mean anything when we're actually looking at his posts

Sure he's fine for FP recs but he's a weirdo, I'll stick to /who/tube and you and all the anons here, thank you

lmao he's a pizzagate conspiritard archive.is/w8UD1

snoopsnoo.com/u/wtfbbc

check out the related subreddits to him