Is Doorman still Oblivion's servant and does he still have cosmic level powers even after rejoining the GLA?

Is Doorman still Oblivion's servant and does he still have cosmic level powers even after rejoining the GLA?

Well, in GLA #2 he was still able to remotely sense deaths, so yeah I guess so.

Yes and yes.

So, does one take much more precedence than the other? Being the Angel of Death seems way more important than being a GLA member, and his power level seems like he'd single handedly invalidate his teammates.

He is, above all else, extremely incompetent.

>his power level seems like he'd single handedly invalidate his teammates.

Using that logic, Electro should invalidate Magneto, yet we all know "power levels" mean jack shit compared to "intelligence"

Really? Because most of the time I WISH comics had intellect deciding fights when really it's usually a few kicks, punches, and then a shitty energy blast or two followed by the winner emerging almost arbitrarily based on who the writer needs to win.

See: generic durable brick powerset characters no-selling characters like Black Bolt.

Maybe you need to read from better writers, mate. J. Michael Straczynski's Spider-Man run was basically nothing BUT "intellect beats raw power" stories.

Isn't the Doorman in the GLA a different guy who inherited the GonnaNotKillYouQuasar "mantle"?

Pretty sure he still has cosmic responsibilities/powers, though, yeah.

Doorman has always been the same guy, but he used to just be a mutant and later inherited the Angel of Death mantle and additional powers from Oblivion, who had a previous different Angel of Death before Doorman. Doorman is back with the GLA, though he's still got all of his cosmic-level powers.

That's what I meant, yeah.

So Doorman has straight up bullshit powerlevels, just one or two tiers below guys like Surfer and Thor, and he hangs out with the GLA out of a sense of loyalty and the fact he's a bit of an incompetent idiot?

>Using that logic, Electro should invalidate Magneto
What? Rlectro and Magneto aren't on the same fucking team. And Magneto is OP as a motherfucker.

yep

Doorman has an african american complexion.

>shit talking black bolt
Fuck off mutie lover

>shit talking black bolt
user I'm complaining about people like Thanos nonsensically no-selling him. I'm complaining the writers disrespect Blackagar.

I must be misinterpreting "no-selling"
I took it literally as in he doesn't sell books
Is that some term I've never heard before?

I mean Mr. Immortal is also on the team and he's homo supreme

No-selling is a wrestling term that comes from a wrestler not acting properly damaged, or "selling" after being hit by another wrestler's move.

No selling is a wrestling term that's been adapted like jobber. In wrestling, the fights are of course fake, so the wrestlers have to sell the fight, acting as if they're in pain, reacting to big hits as if they were actually hit, moving appropriately etc. To "no sell" someone is to not sell the fight. (I know this is partially inaccurate, I'm not a huge wrestling fan).

In comics, no-selling is usually when a character acts totally unflinchingly to another character's most powerful attack, especially in a context where they should logically be defeated by it.

There's a reason "Black Bolt speaks, no one dies" is a square on the IvX bingo card.

I miss the golden days of inhuman comics
When they were slightly obscure but still prominent enough to do some cool shit

>Doorman does something heroic
>the news reports black spiderman wearing a cape has been sighted in Detroit

>unsheathes battleaxe*

>yfw you realize Doorman is going to be an event-featured supervillain in 2-3 years

>inevitable eternity war involving the cosmic abstracts and their heralds
>lifebringer Galactus goes back to being regular Galactus
>inbetweener shows up for the first time in forever
>Doorman forced to fight for Oblivion

Ewing is our last hope.

For some reason I just don't like the inbetweener
I can't think of a single reason why but his existence just annoys me
We really don't deserve him 2bh
Marvel needs to just set him loose and say "do anything you want with any character" and their sales will increase 100%

>and their sales will increase 100%
No, it'd probably cause sales to drop. Make no mistake, the average Big 2 consumer is allergic to quality.

He's a dick. It's understandable.
You read his appearance in 90s Silver Surfer? Good shit.
Also tussled with Strange for arbitrary reasons.

>Galactus goes back to being a dead beat dad and world class baseball player
ftfy*

But all the nerds who love his continuity shenanigans would go crazy and buy all his shit
And he'd love it
And we'd love it
And I'd love it
I just want Ewing to be free to do what he wants because I know it'd bring us such glorious books

>galactus
>dad
Take your non canon shit and go back to

He's doing the Infinity War synergy event (most likely).
That's pretty fuckin' free senpai.
I'm content.

Relax senpai, it's a joke. Didn't the baseball player comment tip you off?

Thats part of the joke i think.

He seems to want to revive a bunch of shit
>avengers forever
>new mutants
>young avengers
Just let him do it marvel fuck

LET HIM WRITE A TEAM BOOK OF THE FUCKS FROM CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HE DID SO GOOD AND LEFT IT SO IT COULD CONTINUE PLS MARVEL

I think In-Betweener has actually shown up a lot in recent years.

He was in that Vengeance miniseries that introduced America Chavez where he was the InbeTWEENer an adolescent with Bieber hair

He played an important role in Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe

He was in Starlin's various Infinity stories like Relativity and Entity

And he was even in an issue of Weisman's Starbrand and Nightmask series

Its also kind of funny that Doorman is one of the most powerful avengers, but he's so insignificant no one really knows or gives a shit

>avengers forever
he's a chiiki knt is wot e is

>"to defeat this new threat, we're going to assemble the strongest line up of avengers we've ever devised" Tony Stark said in his major press release
>Doorman is just sitting there hitting F5 over and over in his email inbox but never gets anything

I'm only sticking with it for the furry tbph.

>For some reason I just don't like the inbetweener
>I can't think of a single reason why but his existence just annoys me

He has that effect on people.

That isn't Doorman, that''s Deathurge, Oblivion's former herald.
The answer to both is yes.

So is Electro, but he doesn't know shit about how his powers work or his full capabilities.

I always really enjoyed his character design. Back when I was doing body art I had a couple of different designs inspired by the Inbetweener.