/GoT/ General

Lonely Light Edition

Previous Thread:

Was there any symbolic significance to Lady dying so early?

Which character has grown the most since the beginning?

You forget Roose's sword, a fairly interesting design IMO

>To be completely fair to Sansa, it was a precarious situation to be in.
It wasn't at all. She was still in the North, Ned and Robert are still best friends, she could have said anything and she would have been fine. I don't blame book Sansa, since I think book Sansa was about 10 years old. But show Sansa should have known better.

It's vaguely similar to how you can understand a 16-year old book Robb marrying Jeyne Westerling but full-grown adult show Robb is just an idiot.

Of course. Sansa looks 100% Tully and always dreams about going South. She's the least Stark of the Starks. Therefore her direwolf dies first.

Most of the direwolves died off so easily it makes me wonder what the point of any of them was.

It's supposed to show Sansa losing her Stark Identity but I always found that kind of bullshit since she never really does lose it and only grows more and more Starkish as time goes on.

GRRM still gives a lot of attention to Nymeria and Ghost in the books, so I think they're still relevant.

You can argue it shows her trying to lose it (she's so desperate to become the southern queen). She gets it back later.

They helped grow their owners warging abilities

and they were cool

that's it

Needle!

Represents the death of their childhood innocence or their impending doom.

So does lady come back?

OR MAYBE, MAYBE

Arya become No one and so Nymeria doesn't go back to her and instead become Sansa's Wolf!

>Arya become No one and so Nymeria doesn't go back to her and instead become Sansa's Wolf!

We see you sansafag

Anybody else find it funny that GRRM always complains about "ugly villains, attractive heroes", but his two central heroes (Jon and Dany) are repeatedly described as handsome/beautiful?

>So does lady come back?
No, Ned kills her, that's pretty clear.

>Nymeria doesn't go back to her and instead become Sansa's Wolf!
I like this idea. With Targs and their dragons, one dragon could have a new rider after the original rider died. Maybe it's the same with Starks and direwolves. I doubt it though, Arya still has warg dreams about Nymeria in the books.

Sansa did not a single thing wrong.

So we can see from the very beginning that Sansa is a selfish fucking cunt that causes others to die. Season 1 to present she is still a fucking horrible person.

>Be First Man
>Just killed some bitchass Gardener king
>Designed a kickass sigil to strike fear into my foes
>Build a magnificent castle named Kingsgrave
>Celebrating with a drink
>Completely plastered
>"My lord you haven't named your house yet!"
>Lol how about Manwoody

>Jon
>repeatedly described as handsome
???
>Dany
>hero
???

She secretly loved being filled with disgusting Bolton sperm.

>Ned kills her, that's pretty clear.

Ned has a habit of lying to protect his family, especially when he disappeares alone where nobody else can see him. Also we never see the body.

there's still a chance

I still think it's retarded that Sansa was not immediately declared Queen in the North at the end of season 6. And even from a show storyline perspective, Jon going south makes more sense if he's Sansa's Hand than if he's king himself.

Sansa really improves in the show over time....then season 5 happens and the books are abandoned. Book Sansa is still a good person but she's got a new selfish/manipulative edge (look at how she treats Robin Arryn). Much better than schizophrenic show Sansa.

yeah she did

just wait until she gets a taste of baelish sperm

The only thing Nymeria should do for Sansa is relieve her of a voice box

>She was still in the North

No they weren't, they were at castle Darry in the Riverlands. It should be noted that Sansa was absolutely HORRIFIED of blowing her betrothal with Joffrey and tried to be smart about it (but was, of course, an 11/13 year old girl.

Fuck off Sansafag

>sansafag posts rise after sansafag gets called out

Huh

North doesn't follow Dornish law. Why would they ever declare a women Queen?

They are out in force tonight in the last 3 or 4 threads.

I'm not arguing with alot of her early behavior but it's true, calling the royal prince a liar to his, the queen, the king, and the court's faces could be a major black mark, especially considering Joffrey and Cersei (though she thought they were chill at the time, even so).

And disregarding the whole "Omg Joffrey is my knight in shining armor" bullshit, she was going to grow up to marry him and live with his mother. They were basically still in First Impression stage and it could cause problems for her and others.

Not really excusing it, especially when she blames Arya for it and all but tries to sic them on her wolf instead despite knowing exactly what happened, plus all the retarded shit after, but in this particular incident you can understand some of the difficulty.

>"He's prettier than half my daughters"
>Craster's line asking if Jon has a twat because he's so pretty

And Dany is definitely a hero in the show because the story demands it.

I don't like Sansa at all. I just think it's retarded that she wasn't declared queen. The show seems to have completely abandoned fuedalism.

I wanted to do something but forgot what it was

Dornish law constitutes a woman born first takes priority even if a man member of the family exists. Everywhere else, a female is named heir if no other legitimate born children are around (as with House Stark at the end of season 6).

Dick
On
Manwoody

And his great-uncle Aenys

STANNIS is NOT coming back!! Just stop it

>Why would they ever declare a women Queen?
Because she's the only trueborn heir left as of season 6 ep 10? Nobody knows Bran is still alive except for Jon, who for some reason has told no one. Jon is a bastard, bastards don't inherit ahead of legitimate children.

Except that the north is also pretty misogynistic so why would they declare some little girl queen when they can just claim the king title for themselves?

The Mormonts are basically a whole house of women, whose children are Mormonts and whose husbands, as far as can be told, are just random men and perhaps even wildlings if you take certain theories into consideration.

>let's name a woman who knows nothing about battle our Queen against the South and now the undead that we just learned about

sansafags kill me

Life is... messy... on this football Sunday.

The Jets won. To the astonishment of all, or at least of me. What's more, they won in dominating fashion over the Miami Dolphins. Does this mean they are a much better team than expected, and a contender for the playoffs? Hoo hah. If you believe that, perhaps I can interest you in buying the Bayonne Bridge. What it really means is that there is no team team in the NFL so bad that Jay Cutler cannot make them look good.

So Gang Green won't go 0 - 16 after all. Instead, hey, maybe they will make it to 4 - 12. Thing is, at 0 - 16 they would have the first overall pick in the draft and a shot at the franchise qb they have been looking for since Joe Namath. At 4- 12, all the good qbs will be gone and the Jets will be facing the future with the same cast they have now.

That being said, it is always nice to watch the Jets beat the Fins, our original rivals.

As for the Giants game... Big Blue could very well finish 4 - 12 as well. After trailing 14 - 0 and looking lifeless, they came roaring back to take the lead, but could not hold it. When the defense plays great, the offense does nothing. When the offense comes alive, the defense fails. And really Odell, the catches were great, but what the hell was with that first "celebration?" Stupid.

No, not a good Sunday in football land. A gut-wrenching loss, and a win that will hurt more than it helps. This looks like a looooooooooooooooooooooong season.

I would have liked her if they made her character follow in Little Fingers foot steps. Not be a PMS raging one minute, little crybaby brat the next. Show Sansa should of been killed off in the 1st season

If Ramsey was filling her up every night how come she never got pregnant?

>the north is also pretty misogynistic

That's pretty out your ass. I mean it is more so than Dorne, as with every other kingdom, and the society as a whole is pretty sexist, but the North would have no qualms about declaring the last trueborn child of Ned Stark as their monarch. Lady Dustin has an awful lot of say in the North, if they were so misogynistic why would they give her a platform?

>Anybody else find it funny that GRRM always complains about "ugly villains, attractive heroes", but his two central heroes (Jon and Dany) are repeatedly described as handsome/beautiful?
gurm is a hypocrite, who claims to be oh so above the basic conventions of storytelling but actually conforms to them just like everybody else. the 'dude moral greyness lmao' that he wanks over disappears over time so that we get starks vs boltons and the white walkers vs mankind. he's not much of a storyteller.

>No, not a good Sunday in football land

GEORGE CONFIRMED FOR OUR GUY

>the north is also pretty misogynistic
What are you trying to say here? It's a feudal society, of course it's misogynist. But a trueborn daughter still comes before a bastard son.

>why would they declare some little girl queen when they can just claim the king title for themselves?
Because she's the rightful heir to Winterfell and their entire society is built on that system of succession. Their loyalty to House Stark rests on that system.

It's not about who knows more. Are you retarded? It's about who has the right to rule by blood. Do you think the entire North followed the Starks for thousands of years because every single Stark lord was the smartest and most competent in all the North?

Jon's only handsome in the show though

Oh shit. If Craster said it, then it must be true! He would know hot guys. I'm thinking he was more calling Jon a pussy.

>Anybody else find it funny that GRRM always complains about "ugly villains, attractive heroes", but his two central heroes (Jon and Dany) are repeatedly described as handsome/beautiful?
He tried to be subversive, but there is a reason why fantasy tropes are so popular. Because it's desireable and wish fulfilment. Especially since GoT went from the books to HBO and became mainstream.

>Are you retarded?

Are YOU retarded?

This is a fight against an army of the dead, who give a fuck if Jon's a bastard when they need a warrior and leader over a woman raised to be a broodmare?

She's barren

Rhaegar was described as absurdly handsome, Lyanna was apparently so beautiful that Rhaegar was willing to start a war to fuck her. I guess her son is ugly though.

>inb4 somebody mentions the Arya-Lyanna book comparisons meaning Lyanna must be ugly

They were talking about personality, not appearance. Lyanna and Arya were both tomboys, only Lyanna was hot on top of that.

It's simple really, it's because Jon is the gary stu protagonist who has to be the One True King of everything.

Just so you know, he hates Drumpf and is in love with Obama.

A wildling isn't a good source when it comes too looks
Because they like the starks and only the starks have ruled the north as kings

STFU, he was king for like 2 episodes and then bent the knee. Plus he was pretty shit at being king

How does his head stay the same size, but his body tripled in size? I've only ever seen head shots of him at this age. I would never think he was skinny then. Huh.

>This is a fight against an army of the dead
When they crown Jon, he hasn't said a word about the army of the dead iirc. And regardless, Sansa is the one who just brought the massive fucking army that saved them all. Jon is the moron who nearly got them all killed.

>who give a fuck if Jon's a bastard
They do. These laws are the foundation of their culture, they're the reason they followed Sansa and Jon in the first place. If they prioritized competence over right by blood, they wouldn't have a feudal system at all.

Not that user but Rhaegar didn't fall for Lyanna over her beauty though, if beauty was a contest, she'd lose to Cersei.

And Jon isn't a looker, he looks like Ned who according to Cat isn't quite handsome, that was Brandon

Plenty of them don't like the Starks and history doesn't mean much. Present day Starks are in shambles and extremely weak. Why join the losing side? Just seize power for yourself.

Her eggs are a;; hardboiled. Just one more sig that she will be childless & alone for the rest of her life! HeeHee AWESOME!

All the wildlings and Ygritte saying how attractive he is as well.

Because jon was a shit king
A king is the one who rules not the one who runs into battle willy nilly
Apparently sansa has shown herself to be a good queen so why and jon sold there independence for some dragon pussy so why nit at this point

>STFU, he was king for like 2 episodes and then bent the knee.

To the next queen....who he just fucked....he's going to be king of all of Westeros.

>Not that user but Rhaegar didn't fall for Lyanna over her beauty though
Then why did he? Because of >muh pact of ice and fire? Could have easily married off one of his kids to a Stark kid.

The North is fiercely loyal to the Starks. Even the tv show, which fucks this up beyond belief, manages to partially convey that.

He sold their independence for 20 thousand soldiers and two dragons to fight the impending ice zombie apocalypse with.

Because the small girl yelled at them
Also because when a non stark ruled it was a fucking disator and trying to stage a coup now would get you killed

That's not how genes work. 2 hot parents in no way guarantees hot kids. Better odds, sure. But absolutely not 100%

>A king is the one who rules not the one who runs into battle willy nilly

Only a pussy king. A true, great king does both

Yes, and then it was revealed he's Rhaegars legit son and therefore he's still the king of everything.

>Sold independence for dragon pussy
Which will save the North's retarded ass from being raped by zombies.

>iirc.

Well you remembered wrong.

Cerwyn wanted to go back home to wait out the Winter, Jon mentions the enemy that brings the storm.

>Sansa is the one who just brought the massive fucking army that saved them all.

But she didn't fight and 99% of the Vale being there was Littlefinger, who had already amassed the army and gotten permission from Cersei to march, got them to Moat Cailin and personally went to Mole's Town before Sansa knew anything

>Jon is the moron who nearly got them all killed.

Trying to save Rickon. And all the fuckups are Davos'. Who told the cavalry and infantry to follow Jon? Davos. Who told the archers to march and join the rest? Davos

>They do

Lol, I wanna survive, but the law though, lol. You forget these guys only care about survival, they didn't fight for Sansa against Ramsay, but most also didn't fight for Ramsay despite the "law". Survival > legitimacy

you're probably right - been ages since i've touched the books. maybe i'm too hard on martin, but he always strikes me as a bit of a cunt who thinks he's a lot more sophisticated than he actually is.

And know the nights king has a sragon because of this deal
Selling sansa off to a braavosi merchant prince could have netted you those men and no dragon
Also dany was going to give those men anyways
Jon literally bent the knee for pussy

>he's going to be king of all of Westeros.

No he's gonna die, again. And even if he doesn't there won't be an Iron throne or a westeros to rule over

>The North is fiercely loyal to the Starks

yeah that's why half the houses betrayed them right?

>Then why did he? Because of >muh pact of ice and fire? Could have easily married off one of his kids to a Stark kid.

Prophecy fulfillment.

Pact of Ice and Fire is unironically Jon and Dany. A Targaryen Princess (Dany) marrying a member of the Stark family (Jon)

>No he's gonna die, again
Lol you think D&D aren't building to the show ending with Dany and Jon marrying in King's Landing, then the camera panning out and Sam closing a book titled "A Song of Ice and Fire"?

>yeah that's why half the houses betrayed them right?
Like I said, the show fucks this up beyond belief. Possibly the shittiest bit of writing in all of season 6.

>shit king
>gets dragonglass and massive army to save them

lol.

And all Sansa's done is get the North to send food to Winterfell. That's it. Littlefinger getting taken down is 90% Bran.

But
He
Didn't
Have
To
Bend
The
Fucking
Knee
He had already secured the men and bending the knee did absolutly nothing to bring more men

Lannisters don't act like fools.

In the books Robb named Jon his successor.

No I don't, D&D fucked up a lot of shit but they can't be that bad

>Pact of Ice and Fire is unironically Jon and Dany. A Targaryen Princess (Dany) marrying a member of the Stark family (Jon)
That's exactly my point. He could have waited for any Stark to have a child then married them off to a Targaryen child. Brandon was already betrothed to Catelyn, Ned would have been betrothed soon. Also, since apparently the Stark doesn't need to be a true Stark (Jon is technically a Targaryen), Lyanna was also betrothed to Robert.

Rhaegar has 3 different couples who will all produce multiple children. He only needs to convince one of them to marry their child off to one of the four Targaryen toddlers/babies.

Robb can't break the law like that. Jon is still a member of the NW and therefore ineligible for lordship.

Pretty sure Jon one of the few who won't die since there is no good reason to make him a secret Targaryen. Resurrecting him also doesn't make sense if he just dies again. You can't kill a character, bring them back, then kill them again and expect it to be shocking or meaningful.

He was clearly in a rush dude

Not only was the political situation going FUBAR but he also believed the end was nigh for all of planetos

Not to mentioned he was a spoiled, entitled cunt

Only cunts name their swords.

Yes, but he still thought he needed to fulfill the prophecy, which he had a more hands-on role in than just arranging a marriage for Rhaenys

Being a good diplomat doesn't make you a good king
Apparently sansa impressed the northern lords with her ruling and jon was shit wuth his ruling
Sansa is used to dealing with lords
Jon is used to dealing with soldiers and scum
Theres a big difference between the two

The Hound is a murderer/alcoholic in his 40s and Sansa is 14. I don't understand why so many women are into this.

Yes you can, in fact I'd go so far as to say that he has to die, being the last hero and all.

He's just seen to much shit as well; ygritte, himself, his family, all died and he's tired of it all. He just wants to rest.

Fuck Jerry Reese

Ned Stark raised him like that. Honorable to a fault.

Reminder that if it wasn't for Davos, Sansa would be right back in Ramsay's bed, missing feet and a hand after thinking it's a good idea to go to Karhold to ally with the Karstarks.

ha, GAAAAYYY

Kinda gay

there's nothing honourable about bending the knee like that

>Not only was the political situation going FUBAR
It was going FUBAR in HIS FAVOR. Everyone fucking hated Aerys. Everyone fucking loved Rhaegar. He could have rebelled against Aerys and everyone would have followed him. There are two possibilities:

1. Rhaegar was actually retarded (completely possible, inbreeding and all)
2. Lyanna was really fucking hot and Rhaegar was desperate to fuck her

The political situation went to hell because he went off with Lyanna. Prior to this, the Starks/Tullys/Arryns/Baratheons disliked Aerys and would have happily supported Rhaegar.

>Tywin plots against House Manwoody
>casually talks about politics while crushing the skulls of dug up skeletons with a sledgehammer

Is this bait? People will really look for any reason to hate Jon.