Decent budget

>decent budget
>A list actors
>great atmosphere
>great set designs
>still manage to fuck it all up

Why is it so hard to make a good game-based movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vcE8xJkK6t4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

To be fair the game itself was assigned so there's that

Pandering to normos.
Have you seen the Italian Ass creed film though? I think it was called "Lineage" or something. Way better than this hot garbage.

Video games place story third to gameplay and graphics. Only shitty try hard games makes story the fore front.

People that makes video games movies don't give a shit and just trying to cash in on a familiar name.

damn this one came and went fast. it was that bad?

because they're cash grabs. you don't think they let a neckbeard assassins creed fanboy direct, do you?

Weird I'm just now about to watch this on HBO

>we will never get a movie based on Combat Evolved which is exclusively first person scenes like Hardcore Henry while following the Chief while also cutting to more traditional scenes following Keyes and a group of marines
>Marty will never score your favourite film

i just got done watching it on hbo.

had low expectations but still, it actually wasn't that bad.

>tfw we'll never get a Band of Brothers style show following ODST's scored by Marty

It was a good movie f@m. Not a masterpiece, but it didn't feel like a waste of money at all.

>It was a good movie

This board has become completely depressing.

Great costume desu.

it was fucking awful

is correct

is incorrect.

this one is much better
youtube.com/watch?v=vcE8xJkK6t4

xD

They always have to make the characters have all the video game powers and have scenes where those powers are used, then they have to explain all that shit because games dont explain why collecting blue orbs makes you level up and unlock skill to do double backstab flip, and things just become ridiculous.

At least it was better than Warcraft.

It, just like nearly every vidya movie, does not follow the source material at all.
If they had followed the desmond miles story to a tee it would have worked out and mafe room for a sequal or two, but (((they))) haven't got a clue how to make vidya movies because they don't understand vidya

>hitman silent assassin
flicks are action flicks where 47 pretends to be rambo

we will probably get a MGS flick sometime where snake will be shouting quips into the camera every 5 mins

Because squeezing a 20 hour long campaign into a 2 hour timeframe, nevermind the experience of actually playing, is actually difficult to do.

Ofcourse there are books and there are plenty of films based on those that work, but the difference here is cynical hollywood greed.

You only need to make it look good, add some personal empowerment lines in there for the trailer and that's your movie.

The bit where Fassbender finally breaks loose from the templars and their version of the animus (which already went far beyond suspension of disbelief, the mechanical arm suspension looks good but is fairly retarded in usage when you think it through) he spouts a line. I don't exactly recall the line nor do I wish to, but I'm sure it was in the trailer and I'm sure that's why it was in the movie, because it made no sense in the context of the scene or the movie. It was just "some cool shit to say that makes me look like I'm taking control of my life.", it was tripe.

The whole thing was tripe.

And to answer you, it would take someone giving a shit about making a good movie to make a good vidya based movie, it's that simple.

The script was written by the same people who worked on Exodus: God's of Kings. It was doomed from the start. Good casting, and atmosphere don't mean a thing when the story itself is trash.

I always have hard time believing that people working on a movie see it as just another job they have to do to pay the bills. Sure there is the corporate side to things were someone just wants to make money, but would imagine that most people working on a field artistic as movie making have some passion to it and actually want to do something good.

>Marty will never score your favourite film
This is the worst part desu.