/hor/

Kicked off October horror movie fest a week early. Tonight was cabin movies. What are you watching this year?

Evil Dead and Dawn of the Dead are probably the two best horror remakes we'll ever get.

both are fucking garbage compared to the originals.

also horror movie stream thread happening here.

The Conjuring and Conjuring 2 are better than 90% of the horror recs I've gotten off Sup Forums, no lie.

>The Conjuring and Conjuring 2 are better than 90% of the horror recs I've gotten off Sup Forums, no lie.
that's normie shit underage people always rec in these threads.

I'd say the best movie of the "Cabin horror" sub genre would be "Mr. Jones."

Final Destination 1-5

Mr. Jones was pretty good, kinda felt like it lacked payoff tho

>both are fucking garbage compared to the originals.
yeah no, Evil Dead remake is better than the original and is one of the best horror movies of the last decade

Evil dead 1 wasn't good. It just isn't.

>Evil Dead remake is better than the original
How do you expect anyone to take you seriously.

>hurr this other movie is better because it came first

shut up

On what planet is Evil Dead 1 a good movie? It's enjoyable the same way Bad Taste is enjoyable, but the remake is much better. Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness are also waaaay better than Evil Dead 1.

I see these recommended a lot. I stay away from contemporary ghost movies because they're usually boring trash with no stakes and they force us to watch shitty child actors in major roles. How are the Conjuring movies different?

Also the actors are competent and not the cringeworthy shitfest they were in the remake. Oh and the director knew what he was doing.

You're fucking retarded. Even on just a technical level, for all the techniques Raimi invented on the fly, including homemade steadicams, on a shoestring budget, Evil Dead 1 is a masterpiece.

>>hurr this other movie is better because it came first
Nice shitpost logic.

>On what planet is Evil Dead 1 a good movie?
The one where it;s considered to be one of teh greatest and most influential horror films of all time.
>It's enjoyable the same way Bad Taste is enjoyable
They're nothing alike.
>but the remake is much better. Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness are also waaaay better than Evil Dead 1.
I'm convinced you're trolling unless you can come up with valid reasons to why the remake is any better. Literally no one says the remake is better so I don't see why you're acting surprised when I tell you it's shit compared to the far superior original film.

I'm gonna play Silent Hill 1-4 again
maybe get the Siren trilogy in too

as for movies, maybe Trick R Treat
my favorite Evil Dead is Army of Darkness so it doesn't really fit

Nice samefag trolling, autismo

Nice try, faggot. How much of an autist do you have to be in order to believe more than one person can share the same opinion.

>influential
This has literally nothing to do with the quality of a film.

yeah most people are obviously influenced by garbage and the movie has no real significance. Makes perfect sense.

Has anyone made a 'movie a day' list for October? Seems like a good way to enjoy halloween season

Don't bother. This samefagging autist jerks himself off to exalting shit quality but trendsetting movies.

It's basically an appeal to authority. You're not describing the film at all.

>This samefagging autist jerks
Wut. Are you literally retarded?

For the last 2 years. I haven't done this year's yet. October has a Friday the 13th, so I'm marathoning the fuck out of that series that weekend. Every year always has:

>Suspiria
>Night of the Demons
>Demons
>Halloween/F13 series
>What We Do in the Shadows
>Shaun of the Dead

>>Halloween/F13 series
yeah get rid of the slasher garbage. The only one worth watching is Halloween III

I love Halloween 3, but given the context of this thread, you're probably the Evil Dead troll from above.

Some movies I'd like to watch during this season would be stuff like...

ReAnimator
The Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness
Perfect Blue
Bone Tomahawk
Aliens
In the Mouth of Madness or The Thing
Nightcrawler
maybe A Field in England

interested in non-horror, intense films with a good pace. Mother! would be fun for a night.

>you're probably the Evil Dead troll from above.
huh what do you mean? I like evil dead. Im just saying slasher films are shit. what troll?

I've been watching slasher films for 30 years. I'm not stopping now. What do you prefer?

I like your tastes man.
Yeah for F13 im gonna do a 24 hour play of the game even though they made it even glitchier this last update

>The Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness
oh so you're this faggot.
>Aliens
Who the fuck recommends Aliens and doesn't recommend Alien which is the better movie.

I also throw a couple non-horror thrillers in there sometimes. I think this year we'll watch 8MM (I like seedy investigation movies, this one's alright), Silence of the Lambs, and my wife wants to watch Gone Girl.

Did you like Laid to rest 1&2? Im bummed at no news of 3 yet

Surprisingly entertaining for what they were. Kind of like The Collector--low budget, not the best acting, did the job well enough. Chromeskull lives!

Alien will put any group to sleep if you watch it outside a theatre. I love it, but it's not very fun.

That tease for Chromeskull stalking hollywood blvd still gives me chills

>but it's not very fun.
dude it's a horror film. It's not even that much different than Aliens. The only difference is you don't see people blasting a ton of aliens in the original. It's still the more suspenseful and well crafted film.

Any recommendations? I like modern (post-1990), atmospheric horror movies. Paranormal stuff and found footage is cool as well.
Dislike slashers and movies without character development.

I'm not a particularly picky watcher unless the acting/writing is noticeably bad.

Stuff I like:
>V/H/S 1 and 2
>Southbound
>Sinister
>REC
>28 Days Later
>Wristcutters
>The Machinist
>Sam Was Here
>Infection (2004)

>I like modern (post-1990)
Just leave with your underage trash list. What true horror fan only wants shit post-1990 which was the beginning of the end of the horror genre in terms of quality.

Im so intrigue about a field in england, it's really horror or a scifi art house like Hard to be a god?
can you gimme a good synopsis I find only ramble in the reviews.

Unpopular opinion: Both the originals and remakes of Evil Dead are fucking garbage. Sam Raimi is a pretentious idiot. Comedy horror movies with cult status are shit.

watch both Conjuring movies. They seem up your alley tbqh

I would love to, but I can't put it all together myself. It's a visual nightmare, and kind of a farce as far as what you might call the plot. Worth seeing if not just for the insanity of the hallucinogenic style it has.

You don't really seem to get it, so I'll let you be.

>Sam Raimi is a pretentious idiot.
The guy is literally brilliant. One of the few directors who can make good movies in any genre.
>Comedy horror movies with cult status are shit.
You're right. That is an unpopular opinion. Evil Dead is not even a comedy horror. It wasn't until the sequel when they really went for the comedy.

I'm thinking of a few themes this year.

Vampire Weekend
>Interview With the Vampire
>What We Do in the Shadows
>Near Dark
>30 Days of Night

Zedwords
>28 Days Later
>Dawn of the Dead
>Shaun of the Dead
>Return of the Living Dead

Tards and Loids
>Wrong Turn 2 (watched 1 a few months ago)
>The Hills Have Eyes
>Cold Prey

Demons, Ghosts, and Ghouls
>Phantasm 2
>Demons
>Night of the Demons

Bitches
>Suspiria
>Neon Demon
>Starry Eyes

I watched the first one and thought it was pretty bad, as in I could see right through it.

Never said I was a true horror fan.

A Field in England is surreal as fuck. The 'synopsis' is that four blokes that wind up on the edge of a battlefield say "fuck this" and start walking across a field because one thinks there's a tavern on the other side. Then it gets weird.

>Evil Dead is not even a comedy horror
You mean that chick laughing in that insufferable manner while Ash struggles to decapitate and dispose of her body is not meant to convey humor? It was actually scary? Wow, shittier than I thought.

>as in I could see right through it.
I don't know what you mean by this but I think they're both better than stuff like Sinister

I felt like I knew what was going to happen/what feeling the director was trying to elicit from the viewers.
I suppose Sinister hit a weak spot or something, but again, I saw it when I was around 14-15.

Does anyone have any recommendations for horror films for the easily scared? I'll admit I'm a fucking pussy when it comes to horror films but I'd like to get beyond that. Does anyone have recommendations for getting over this kind of hump or is it more of a "dive in" thing

Sinister was doing so well but went full retard with the ghost kids. The videos were the creepiest parts. Too bad it shit the bed.

>watching garbage like Sinister, The Conjuring, Insidious
I wish I hadn't.
>liking this trash
thank god I'm not that much a fool.

Do what I did when I was 7 years old and my dad was distracting me so he could bang the chick he cheated on my mom with--marathon Friday the 13 parts 1-6.

>>Interview With the Vampire
>>What We Do in the Shadows
>>Near Dark
Days of Night
Really? These are your vampire films?
Where's
Dracula
Nosferatu
Nosferatu the Vampyre (superior remake)
Lost Boys
Shadow of the Vampire
Hammer Dracula films
Fright Night
Dusk Till Dawn

I'm shocked something like 20 Days of Night is on there but none of these are.
>Zedwords
>28 Days Later
>Dawn of the Dead
>Shaun of the Dead
>Return of the Living Dead
Dude 28 Days later isn't even a zombie movie. Also why do you have Dawn of the Dead (which is a great film) on there but not the other Romero zombie films? The trilogy should always be on everyones list
>Tards and Loids
>Wrong Turn 2 (watched 1 a few months ago)
>The Hills Have Eyes
>Cold Prey
2edgy4me. Terrible films.
Phantasm 2
>Demons
>Night of the Demons
What's the point of having Phantasm 2 on there but not the first one which is the only one worth watching. The second one is just a basic sequel that was heavily inspired from other films of the time like ED2.
>Bitches
>Suspiria
>Neon Demon
>Starry Eyes
Ight.

that shit was unnerving as fuck. You just have shit taste

Holy shit horror movie fans are insufferable. You can't even talk about these fucking movies without assholes like "Why didn't you include the entire fucking canon in your personal want-to-watch list??? Why didn't you fucking think of this, or that!??"

Why can't someone be curious about something? People do odd things so of course you have to question them.

>unnerving as fuck
For a pussy. I was incredulous the entire movie pretty much after the possessions started, it was corny as fuck and aged it terribly.

dive in desu. Watch some of the more "acclaimed" modern ones as a starting point since they largely fail in the eyes of people here that grew up and love the genre

I watched No Escape last night. I have a thing for a bunch of people evading roving marauders in a city, so it wasn't horrible. Owen Wilson and Lake Bell were pretty terribly miscast, and it was by the numbers.

ok Im in, can I wait some horror/creepy stuff or only subtext shit?

You are entitled to your shit opinions. Films convey different feelings to those who watch them. This seems obvious but some people are oblivious to this fact.

>he can't enjoy both
Evil Dead 1 is definitely the better movie though, although the remake is probably one of the only good horror remakes out there.

Cause you come off like a huge asshole.

This is a perfectly fine take as long as you're not one of the spergs above trying to say Evil Dead remake was shit. The syringe stabbing scene generated the kind of visceral response you're talking about.

Not really a horror movie with scares, it's just kind of horrific and disorienting.

Get over it you massive baby. Where do you think you are?

wasn't here for this conversation but I can;t enjoy both because the remake was fucking awful.

You seem like a dumb asshole among anonymous posters on this board, is kind of the point. Not everyone is as big a sperg as you are.

there's some unnerving psychedelic stuff visually

I see, that's why you replied to my first post then Raimifag. To argue that Evil Dead wasn't a comedy with nothing to back it up. Then the insults and now getting defensive.
>B-But th-that's just like, YOUR shit opinion...

Please, no hard feelings, enjoy your gory dated horror flicks.

>A-After all, it's just OPINIONS man..

I find what you say to be ironic considering how terrible your whiny personality is. You come across as an overly sensitive manchild who can't handle anything some user says no matter how unimportant the situation may be.

>To argue that Evil Dead wasn't a comedy with nothing to back it up
There was nothing to back up. It's not a comedy. It was never a comedy. It's not listed as a comedy. You may watch it and see some comedic aspects it may have but that's just from your perspective. There's literally nothing to argue. Having an opinion is different from legitimate facts.

Cry more though. It's fun.

Posting is free, and not difficult. Replying to you is something that can be done while I "handle" what you say by calling out your protypical horror need behavior.

I liked ED1 and AoD. I'm not a fan of ED2 and the ED remake was a pile of edgy horse shit. Not really crazy about the TV series either. It's too goofy for me.

Kek, I didn't start the namecalling, you're still upset that I called Mr. Capeshit's movies terrible.

This horror movie discussion is really interesting, fellas. Glad it didn't devolve into middle school bullshit or anything.

Are there any horrors movies set inside a middle school?

This is your response? Yeah you handle that shit.

I like getting a head start on the month too. Here's everything I've watched in the past week:
- Lake Mungo (2008)
- WolfCop (2014)
- The Signal (2014)
- A Horrible Way to Die (2010)
- Lovely Molly (2011)
- Frontier(s) (2007)
- Calvaire (2004)
- Splinter (2008)
- The Pact (2012)
- The Crazies (2010)
- The Signal (2007)
- The Addiction (1995)
- Feast (2005)
- The Skin I Live In (2011)
- Sightseers (2012)
- Funny Games (2007)
- Grave Encounters (2011)
- Severance (2006)
- The Skeleton Key (2005)
- Fright Night (2011)
- Ghostwatch (1992)
- Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (1994)
- Cockneys vs. Zombies (2012)
- Darkness Falls (2003)
- Dance of the Dead (2008)
- Leatherface (2017)
Like to decide what to watch on a more spur of the moment basis, than doing theme nights or anything.

horror attracts the most developmentally stunted people, a genre only rivaled in that regard by capeshit maybe (and at least they have the excuse that most of their fandom is comprised of kids). you generally learn to ignore the retards in these threads once you've seen enough of them. the intelligent person just lurks for new stuff they haven't seen before and sometimes chimes in with a valuable perspective now and again. leave the retards to shit on each other and suggest the same fucking pleb recs for the 3000th time.

what are some of your favorites from that list

you must be fun at parties.

I'll go ahead and post my list. I'll probably think of double this after I post but here goes. mainly ones any horror fan has seen but for the new people joining.

A I'interieur
Kill List
Timecrimes
Pontypool
Resolution
The Loved Ones
Behind The Mask, The Rise Of Leslie Vernon
Frozen
Thankskilling
Tucker And Dale VS Evil
Ginger Snaps
Wer
Late Phases
Stake Land
Housebound
A Lonely Place To Die
The Ghost and the Darkness
The Edge
Absentia
Grabbers
Bubba Ho-Tep
Detention
Cold Prey(also known as Fritte vilt)
Livide
American Mary
Lovely Molly
Altered
Dog Soldiers
Rec
They Look Like People
Creep
The Nightmare
The Wailing
A Dark Song
12 feet deep(okay/10)
47 meters down(okay/10)
Hush
The Void
Train To Busan
Spring
The Taking of Deborah Logan
Willow Creek
Lake Mungo
Trollhunter
They Look Like People

Evil Dead remake was generic trash and based on threads about it, I swear you faggots only like it because it has your waifu in it.

>never watch Evil Dead remake
>figured it was just god awful
>see recommendations
>start watching it
>within 15 minutes it's full retard
>not even good campy retard like the first evil dead

Horror movies are made for children. The ending to Chinatown is more frightening than any of those shitty flicks.

>bitch gets shot in the head
>drives the car absurdly into the curb
>bad guy just runs out of frame

Yeah, that was hella spoopy.

Liked Lovely Molly, The Pact, Calvaire, The Skin I Live In the most. Thought The Signal (07), The Skeleton Key, and Severance were the worst of the bunch. I don't care about "scares", though, I just like genre stuff. So don't take my word for anything if a movie being scary is important for you.

>28 Days later isn't even a zombie movie
Yeah it is

Watching Baskin now. Not quite sure what the fuck is going on yet, but it's got some quality gore and Hellraiser vibes.

>sam raimi is pretentious

Literally the dumbest opinion I've ever seen on this board ever, congrats.
>rainier throws a ton of fake blood on a monster and tells the actor to talk silly
>WOW SO PRETENTIOUS

It's not though. Zombies can only be killed by being shot in the head. You can kill an infected in that movie with any means.

>Zombies can only be killed by being shot in the head
Watch Return of the Living Dead and get back to me.

I bet if you two eskimo kissed while erect your tips wouldn't even touch.