/trek/

RATE THE FIRST TWO EPISODES edition

A 3/10 from me, hoping Jason Isaacs will make it slightly better in future episodes.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!5P5QkTRC!8ciGmCX_3RkyPiFi3ChVR0CihEi13Ffgzl6vrl-031k
youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE
mega.nz/#!ZbhkVRTQ!aXGSRWDnocezIrB-Fu4-9HLHDudsXQGiYyjdTo57plQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Star Trek Discovery S01E02 Rating:
7/10

>Star Trek Discovery S01E02 Download:
mega.nz/#!5P5QkTRC!8ciGmCX_3RkyPiFi3ChVR0CihEi13Ffgzl6vrl-031k

can someone post the panty im still horny thinking about it

This new show is actually just awful. Every scene looks like garbage, the writing is awful, and the preview for the next episode looks even worse.

How does this garbage get made?

no episode uno?

blocks ur path

It was okay. They couldn't introduce characters because they used a burner ship and crew for this dumb origin for Michelle. I'm glad they had the balls to punish her properly for being a shithead instead of giving her a special snowflake treatment. Michelle seems completely irredeemable with awful ideas/actions all around. I guess episode 3 will be a better feel of what the rest of the show will be like, but I dunno.

pic related, my actual face

Its shit.

2/10, only part I liked was her getting life in prison.

I want Sup Forums to leave.

Episode one was a 5/10. I haven't seen episode two yet.

you got an episode 1 link?

WE COME IN PEACE

youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE

SHOOT TO KILL

Haven't watched it yet, but judging from the reaction on social media, this show is a complete disappointment huh

Sorry, that won't work anymore. None of the complaints are sjw related.

I'm a liberal, and the fact that they managed to bring up identity politics no less than three times in the first episode is making me literally nauseous.

TOS had a message of race relations, and you kknow how they addressed it? THEY NEVER FUCKING MENTIONED IT, AND TOOK IT FOR GRANTED YOU'D UNDERSTAND. This is already "race and culture" and "muh albino klingons" all over the place. It's so fucking on the nose.

Don't even get me started on the fucking camerawork, techno-spam and shitty backstories.

>Star Trek Discovery S01E01 Rating:
6/10

>Star Trek Discovery S01E01 Download:
mega.nz/#!ZbhkVRTQ!aXGSRWDnocezIrB-Fu4-9HLHDudsXQGiYyjdTo57plQ

well that's never going to happen, why don't you leave?

2/10 I can assure you that half of my Bajoran workers were asleep and not at full attention

What are these ratings from? Are there really people with standards this low?

Can confirm, was quiet sleepy

2/10, show was worse than I expected. Battlefield Earth-tier camera angles.

Good Voyager Episode, or the best?

Also post streams of STDs I guess

Based on twitter alone, more people care about the WWE wrestling show happening on a paid streaming service than care about STD

>C and D are high grades
American?

What?

I could maybe understand and sympathize better if starfleet bureaucracy was standing in the way of something that NEEDED to be done and she did it anyways Kirk-style.

But no, she decides to fire on the klingons immediately after hearing from her dadmentor that that's exactly what Vulcans did. So not only was it a stupid idea but it wasn't an original idea she came up with, instead she threw away her entire career for no reason.

Tell me about your sexual organs

>Good Voyager Episode, or the best?
Which episode is that even from? It's so fucking generic that it could be any episode that wasn't the pilot.

Would give episode 1 a 3/10.

what else can you expect in current year? we've reached the point where black americans will go out of their way and break sporting traditions just to spit on the national flag, and british MPs are suspended for trying to address pakistani rape gangs. it's all gone too far.

thank you, you beautiful bastard.

2nd episode is even worse

6/10

That's probably being generous. I can't remember anything I actually liked. Robot-head had potential, but it seems she's gone forever.

It's a 10 from me.

>6/10
>7/10
>C and D

>But no, she decides to fire on the klingons immediately after hearing from her dadmentor that that's exactly what Vulcans did. So not only was it a stupid idea but it wasn't an original idea she came up with, instead she threw away her entire career for no reason.
And the worst part was that it was already WAY too late for that idea to work.

You have ridiculous standards.

My children, whom I love so dearly, it has been my duty in the long and difficult years since the World Crash of '79 to serve you as best I could. Never before in history have masses forgone all comfort, so that the spirit of genius might thrive and seek the golden key to a new time of plenty in the fertile field of minority privilege. And now, my children, the drivers are ready. The world is waiting. Once more, I give you what you want.

Episode 1: 5/10, weak opening but strong finish

Likes: Sarek, Michael going nuts and knocking out the captain, black Klingons being racist against white Klingon (subversion of expectations), the pink science officer guy

Dislikes: The "let's explain our backgrounds very fast while navigating a trivial situation" trope in the desert in the beginning, sending someone decked only in a spacesuit out 2000km to check on something that's jamming signals, seemingly zero notable main cast characters so far other than pink guy and captain/commander, captain's acting is just ok, commander's acting is ATROCIOUS, Klingon appearance is jarring for me, commander should be more logical and "Vulcan-like" if she was truly raised in that culture

If Michael hadn't gone apeshit and attacked the captain it would've been a 1/10 from me honestly but that saved the entire episode and made it work for me. I couldn't stand her at all before that.

Worst part about this:
It's not like VOY or ENT where the series overall sucked, but there were good episodic moments.

It will be straight action-drama all the way through. There will be non-stop edglord-bait, and soap-tier writing, no humor and no fun.

Just let Star Trek die and move on with your life.

No Discovery, no Orville, no more movies, no more books, no more fan films, and no more fan fiction.

This is an important show. If you don't like it - tough. It's not for you.

And you post on Sup Forums, we all have our flaws

Looks like the episode with the holonovel about the mutiny.

Personally I liked year of hell but only because of Kurtwood Smith and seeing the ship in shambles

A 6/10 is a D, a 7/10 is a C. Do you need help?

Sorry, I'm not a shitmuncher like you. Have fun watching edgelords in space.

if you have to constantly shill political shit to sell your show you know it's a steaming pile of shit.

No, your captain is dead and your number one is in prison.

>mfw this episode

It's not her show.

>throwing a black person in prison
they can't do that

You're asking the wrong question.

Was episode 1 and 2 of STD better than the premier of TNG and DS9?

What do you honestly believe? Was it really that much worse? Remember DS9 had Sisko dancing on a beach in a speedo making monkey noises, and Picard being accosted by a crowd of homeless drunk midgets?

I'm giving STD the benefit of the doubt. It dripped of JJ, but that was inevitable. Just go with it.

What does #onfleet mean?

As entertainment: 9/10, good flick.

As Star Trek: 5/10, failing grade.

JJ trek.

>first 5 minutes of episode one
>cant send signal thru sand storms
>its okay though because we can see perfectly through the clouds to spot a tiny starfleet symbol made in the sand
FUCK MAN ITS KINO

Could've seen that coming. Female nignogs are so insecure, that they have to tweet about being empowered by fictional characters from a franchise they know nothing about, from iPhones they got from working their $35K a year job. Life must be so challenging for them.

>A man told me we should open fire on that other man
>I disagree

>commander should be more logical and "Vulcan-like" if she was truly raised in that culture
This. I believe Spock was half n' half and he usually acted more Vulcan than human.

Don't worry, she somehow becomes savour of the universe by the end.

>not recognizing it immediately
>not seeing that Torres is wearing the Star Fleet Pip of an Ensign
You call your self a star trek fan?

who is she? another of the legions of blue check mark literal who advertising bots, or an actual person?

>tfw your Bajoran WORKERS are never #onfleet

>#OnFleet
twitter was a mistake

No they were worse. BUT TNG definitely had worse episodes in season 1. The Zulu episode being the worst shittiest shit.

ok so this #OnFleet is 100% a shill hashtag, right?

>beam onto the Klingon ship with intent to capture the leader
>shoot him anyways and be more concerned with the corpse of your captain than the currently dying Klingon you intended to capture

Instead of on fleek, its on fleet because space! Dumb nignogs.

*whistles Pop Goes the Weasel off-key*

8/10, kino

Its JJ trek the tv show, you know the movies that made money. Expecting anything just prooves how stupid most of you are

Yep, it's a bunch of pocs they paid to say it's good.

Was it better than The Orville?

It's a play on "on fleek", something said by stupid women to describe fly eyebrows.

What was his endgame?

It's fucking Voyager, I barely remember any episode that wasn't good, which is most of them.

>there are people who will pay to watch commercials with little bits in between featuring a shitty startrek fan fiction written by someone whos never watched startrek and directed by someone who appears to be piss drunk and doesn't give a fuck

OK, I'm starting to figure this out. It's just another plot to steal money from black and brown people.

> create Star Trek We Wus Kings (WWK)

> first episode is strong black woman who is in charge and powerful

> you have a duty to like this show. You have a duty to watch this show.

> give us a credit card number. Empowerment costs money in

>Eating this gagh... with no survivors!

No. STD premier was not better than Orville.

It wasn't as good as Orville but it wasn't as bad either.

Orville's quality is up and down, STD is a straight line of mediocrity.

>episode 1 of std
>on the ship
>a cut every 4 seconds
Fuck me sideways.

main reason these "/trek/" threads are trash is because fake trek plebs congregate here
faggots who actually like DS9

much better than orville - panties

>7 years

1/10, unironic, I wanted to strangle everyone involved in this episode including myself for having seen it.

>Fuck me sideways.
we know the camera did

The Orville has better characters but a worse story so far. These shows are "slow burns" and we haven't seen anything impressive from either of them yet.

It was terrible. The worst thing about, I mean there are a lot of bad things, the writing, the lens flare, the camera angles, but the worst thing by far is the acting by the black MC. She is fucking terrible, every line of dialog was terrible. Yet because she's black no critic will say so lest they be called racist.

Orville is 10x more comfy.

The question isn't necessarily:
>Was this a good action flick?
The answer to that is "it was okay," but the film student cinematography and mediocre acting still keeps it from really being "good."

The real question is:
>Was this good Star Trek?
The answer to this is unequivocally no. The tone has been set for crappy melodramatic pacing, easy identity politic plot-devices, and no room for episodic fun.

Why do all you Sup Forumstards get mad when a woman or minority is on TV?

>7 years

I liked the Klingons.

To be a better Kirk than Kirk was while simultaneously being 2nd in command to the best Captain we've ever had.