I didn't have to go easy on you. A different binding agent, a stronger mix... I want you to remember that...

>I didn't have to go easy on you. A different binding agent, a stronger mix... I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in your most private moments, I want you to remember the one man who beat you!

How would Marvel handle this scene?

>I had to beat you with the help of another person and the fact that you wouldn't use your full power
>that means I'm better!

Bruce: I didn't have to go easy on you. A different binding agent, a stronger mix... I want you to remember that. I wanted to remind you to-

*Large chunk on building damaged by the fights falls to the ground nearby, startling Bruce and interrupting him*

*Awkward pause*
Bruce: "And, uh...stay out of my way. In all the years to co- no no, its ruined. Fuck! And I had this whole thing planned out, even had flashcards and stuff..."

Supes: "No, no its ok, I thought it was good"

Bruce: "Don't do that. Don't patronize me Clark"

Supes: "No I-"

Bruce: "You're an a-hole Clark"

>acting like any strategy that actually succeeds in defeating superman isn't miraculous

Kino

Batman is trying to teach him to kill his enemies when he has the chance, instead of assuming that his super strength will always keep him safe. How Batman beat him doesn't matter, simply the fact that he did, which means it can happen again.

The Dark Knight Returns is the GOAT DC movie, it will literally never be surpassed.

as opposed to Superman who was born with his powers and is below average in intelligence

>Batman has friends
>Superman is beta loser that everyone is willing to team up against

Better since it would take less ass pulls.
The only reason Superman is ever beaten by Batman is because Supes doesn't want to kill him.

>batman
>friends
Bats is too autistic for friends even his son hates him

and in contrast, Batman wants to kill Superman?

Batman didn't beat him. Green Arrow did.

I need to rewatch this, I loved this movie's version of the Joker a lot.

>man with autism vs super alien who could lobotomize him from space
user it doesn't matter what batman wants to do, if supes wanted him dead he'd be dead.

>>I didn't have to go easy on you

Superman could kill him from space and there would be nothing he could do about it. Even Frank Miller had Batman admit Superman has been holding back in Dark Knight III

>supes
kill yourself in real life

>Superman
>Below Average intelligence

>tfw an animated movie did Batman vs Superman better than fucking Batman vs Superman

>abbreviating Superman to supes which is common in the comics and in normal discussion
Fuck off with the autism faggot

>Supes
>Spidey
>Wondey
>Cap

>I wanted to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come in which I will be dead because I'm already like 65, and you'll stay exactly the same forever because you're an immortal alien from outer space

>Dark Knight III
Shush

>kung-fu dingus in ninja-bat costume gets a bunch of other people together to beat up weakened version of superhero

>literally a rich CEO who spends all his free time karate chopping mentally insane and poor people gets together a gang of people tougher or smarter than him to beat up a hard working immigrant who saves people's lives for free

>batman is somehow the hero of this story.

I can see why beta males love this movie.

Well it is the most famous Batman v Superman fight of all time. BvS used the same battle armor

Sorry user. Still canon to Miller's story though. At least it wasn't a dumpster fire like Strikes again

Doesn't Batman know that if Superman didn't hold back he could literally punch him into the sun before he even had time to react?

>reminder that Superman went through a citizenship process

And Batman held back too and if he didn't Superman would be dead. Batman is trying to teach Superman a lesson here. The world's smartest termite can still inject you with poison and kill you. Don't underestimate anyone.

>moving the goal posts

you asserted that the only reason Superman is beaten by Batman is because Superman doesn't want to kill Batman. however, this doesn't mean shit when Batman also doesn't want to kill Superman. they're both fighting with the same handicap.

He knew. That's what he was planning on. There was a point where Superman literally heat visioned the word "WHERE?" on Bruce's lawn from orbit.

What is this from?(I have absolute no knowledge on any of this capeshit stuff at all).

It's not moving the goal post you dense fuck. If a person doesn't want to kill an ant then what does it matter what the ant wants?
Batman wouldn't be able to kill superman before superman killed him.

>I lost but not really xD becaues some faggot Sup Forums with selena gomez reaction picture defendds meee xDD

The Dark Knight Returns.

Kill yourself

Proof is subjective; you can't make someone believe anything they don't want to
Trying to "teach someone a lesson" is the most autistic thing anyone can attempt and if you think violence is the way to do it, I have some bad news for you

Yes. Remember when Superman wrote "Where?" on Batman's lawn and he didn't even realize he was there until he saw the smouldering word in the grass? Superman could do that at any time. Batman was trying to teach him a lesson but he also has a massive inferiority complex in TDKR because he's old and busted

This is the gayest thing ive ever read you did it

Hmmmmmmmm
nah

The Dark Knight Returns, animated DC stuff. Its pretty good as far as the animated DC goes and di it better than BvS.

Superman is a pussy bitch. 99 times out of 100, Batman beats his illegal alien ass everytime.

Hell, I could defeat Superbitch. I'd just strap my kryptonite condom onto my monstercock and face fuck him to death.

If you're a Superman fan, just kys.

Kingdom Come > TDKR > Injustice

>slice off supermans head
>thats one way to get a head in life

>freeze superman
>ice to meet you

>impale him on a piece of wood
>stick around

>99 times out of 100, Batman beats his illegal alien ass everytime.

The fight count is in Supermans favor

>Kingdom Come
>First
>Even mentioning Injustice at all

m8...

>illegal alien
See

what is this from?

>implying
Kingdom Come is leagues better than TDKR, sucks to suck.
>5 volumes of injustice aren't worth mentioning
Yeah it's shit

thanks my lads

>freeze superman
>ice to meet you

But that's from a DC movie user

Marvel would be :

"Clark I beat you."
(superman wipes blood from mouth) "You did.... thanks"

then they would stand side by side for a few minutes while some shitty dad rock song plays that they could barely afford to license after paying the actors millions of dollars and covering the rest up with CGI shit smear, while the music plays it will transition into some garbage montage of resolution for whatever plot they have going on in the background for forced drama

Chill out

the part where the thing fell and it threw him off was funny rest was cliche

I like Alex Ross as much as the next guy but Kingdom Come isn't that great. Everybody is out of character and the only redeeming factor is the art. That and Captain Marvels marvelous bulge

>hit him with kryptonite

>I found your kryptonite superman

>punch him into a bunch light bulb factory causing a massive explosion destroying all the light bulbs

>looks like its lights out for you, superman

kek, this was a good post

I'm just saying that batman telling superman to always think about the time he beat him doesn't mean shit if superman knows he can kill him in a flash.

>attack superman and I like bingo

>your number is up superman in bingo

>Captain Marvels marvelous bulge

Armageddon has arrived.

Never mind that it sounds more like Lex Luthor than Batman

New frontier

Lex Luthor is just Bruce Wayne as a complete sociopath.

That and Flashpoint Paradox.

Luthor would take the time to kill him. Superman knows he was never really in that position with Luthor.

Not that same user

You didn't move a goal post and you've made a good argument. The problem is that you don't realize WHY Batman beat Superman. It was because Batman outsmarted him.

If you know your enemy will not kill you, then that is a tool you can use just like any other tool. The fact that Batman knows that Superman won't kill him is how Batman is able to pull off his complicated plan. Information can be just as useful in a fight as a punch can be.

So Bruce Wayne? Honestly I liked it better when Batman was highly intelligent but Luthor was on a whole other level. Like in Moore's Swamp Thing run. Swamp Thing tore Gotham apart and there was nothing Batman could do, some guys paid Luthor a million bucks for a minute of his time and he made up a plan to fire that green cunts ass so far into space it turned him blue.

>puts superman in a kryptonite canon and aims it towards an educational centre

>well superman, it looks like i'm going to have to school you

But how does this jive with Batman wanting supers to underestimate him?

Ah, of course. He LIKES Clark.

>I'm just saying that batman telling superman to always think about the time he beat him doesn't mean shit if superman knows he can kill him in a flash.

But Batman KNOWS that Superman would never do that. Batman knows that Superman would always hold himself back and thus give batman an opportunity to win the fight. batman knows what emotional hangups Superman has when he fights. I mean that's how Batman beats him is by outsmarting him. Did you even read the comic?

>supers

Do you mean supers as in "all of the superheroes" or do you mean supers as "Superman"?

>DCucks still jerking over the most overrated Batman comic of all time

jesus christ even the creator hates it now

I don't know about the comic, but the same scene is in Justice League: The New Frontier (2008 DC animated movie)

All the super powered beings in DC. Metahuman maybe.

Why doesn't Marvel have any classic comics? DC has TDKR, Killing Joke, Watchmen and a bunch of others. Marvel has Civil War and it's shit. I know Marvel has good stories but nobody seems to care about them on the same level

I don't remember the part in TDKR were Bruce is concerned with the other superheroes. I thought they all decided to fuck off and let Superman protect Earth on his own.

Not all the metas underestimate him. I think the Green Lanterns actively don't like him though because he uses fear and they just aren't intimidated by him at all

Superman ripped off Green Arrows arm. That alone should let you know how out of character Superman is in that story

nice. thanks guys

Terrible attempt. These are all one liners. Quips are not the same.

He didnt do shit other than an arrow

The story was written by someone who hates Superman. It's pretty obvious with how out of character he is. Only anti-Supes Batfags like this shit.

Batman wants to show that he can if superman gets careless.

Superman is overconfident with his abilities and thinks he'll always end up pulling through. Batman on the other hand is always prepared for the worst at all moments as best he can be. Batman hates how Superman is so relaxed all the time. He's telling superman to just get the job done when he can where he can or else if he's careless again someone can do the same thing(or worse) to him.

The one scene I was expecting in BvS and was let the fuck down, this one dialogue would have saved the movie. Why the fuck even bring that guy out at comiccon and have him read it, if they werent even going to shoot it?

Miller doesn't hate Superman by any means, he just has a specific and odd vision of him.
In this one it was a man trying to keep peace with his hands tied behind his back.

Or at least, he didn't at the time od DKR, by the time of DKSA or Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder he'd gone insane.

>retarded Superfags are STILL mad about Frank Miller delivering a masterpiece that has Superman not be a perfect god

>Kingdom Come > TDKR

Leave.

I heard it was something about how Marvel isn't good with keeping trades in print so stories don't sit on shelves as much and become classics

>so stories don't sit on shelves as much and become classics
I can't tell if this is a troll or if you're retarded.

>this one dialogue would have saved the movie

Instead: MAAAAAARRRRFFFAAAA

TDKR, outside of a few moments, is an overrated comic book. It features a very uninspired and lazy take on Superman who's only purpose in the story seems to be simply being a plot device. That monologue is happens at the end of a very masturbatory fight scene that shows Miller is one of those annoying Batman fanboys screaming "yeah, but bruce would be prepared for that" to every counter argument.

/thread

Doesn't make sense because if it was anyone else then Superman would know they intend to kill him even if they know he doesnt want to kill them

Amazing(?) Spider-Man has some good stories but they don't stand out as much with almost everything else being consistently okay. Instead there's just a bunch of clasically bad stories. Same for X-Men.

The saddest part is - DC couldn't handle this scene right in their own cinematic universe. Animated TDKR is superior in every way.

X-Men have some great stories. You're right about Spider-man. His most famous stories care famous for being awful like the clone saga or one more day

never post anything again

it wouldn't have made any sense in BvS - Batman was literally trying to kill Superman at that point

not that BvS was chock full of sense