Whose the best charc in bojack and why is it mr peanutbutter?

Whose the best charc in bojack and why is it mr peanutbutter?

I am excited to see how they'll handle him in S5 if they can take 30 seconds off of the inevitable GLOMALD GRUMPH shit
They make him seem like such an oblivious Chad at first but you slowly realize he's the only sane one of the bunch and feel worse and worse for him because he's married to a lunatic.

Bojack is my favorite still, if it weren't for him I wouldn't watch this any more, but Mr. PB is certainly another positive aspect of the show. The more they focus on Diane and Todd the more I want to turn it the fuck off

can you fuck off to Sup Forums with your redditessential """show""" ?

Tom Jumbo-Grumbo is the best character.

>Board is full of Rick and Morty threads
>user chooses to bitch about the singular Bojack thread
Loving every laugh

It's because he's a good boy

Who is the worst character and why is it Todd?

I fucking HATE the shirt he wears. It triggers my hatred of chads and my repressed homosexuality.

Anyone who wears deep V necks and fills them up needs to be CURB STOMPED

Ryan Seacrestype

this "show" is lame

I think it's princess caroline. She works hard and just wants a family. Everyone else just gets things handed to them.

Todd is the pleb filter. If you don't get him and can't stand him, this shows not for you. You might like Family Guy or Rock and Morty instead ;)

This is Sup Forums you drumpftard.

This is Sup Forums. How can he fuck off to the place we already are? Is English not your first language?

Mr. PB is a self-centered piece of shit who tries to be thoughtful to the people around him in the most superficial way. He doesn't truly understand or empathize with anyone. He just wants to feel good about himself when he does good things.

I'll just reuse my rant from another thread:
My problem with him this season is his zaniness overstayed it's welcome. With the clown dentists, you see exactly how bad an idea that is from the initial pitch, and then you just kinda watch it play out how you expected. Compare that to the Halloween store, where they don't waste your time with the resulting store (since, again, you already know that it's a bad idea from the pitch), but go with a punchline outside the scope of the original idea (PB and Todd being so incompetent, they just left the store with no floor). Or compare the Cabra Cadabra plot, which lasts the whole season like the clowns do, but works because there's a constant buildup as it slowly turns into a callgirl service, with a payoff when they help out witht the spaghetti. The clown subplot spends way too much time on the predictable stuff (clown dentists are creepy) for relatively little swerve factor (they get rabies, but only like 5 episodes later). The Disneyland plot was a bit more one-note, but it was contained within one episode, had a lot of background gags (exactly how shitty the park is), is played at least a little bit seriously (the part where PB saves Todd, or the fire acting as a backdrop to Bojack panicking after asking Wanda to live with him) Smoodies had no buildup, but that's why it was a background feature and not even a full subplot. The clowns were basically a Disneyland level plot with Cabra Cadabra levels of screentime, so it overstayed it's welcome.
Same thing with his other subplots this season (and, incidentally, PB's running for governor): you get enough time for the novelty to wear off, and your just watching it play out. The celebrity stealing club and cool Todd plots from last season worked because they were, like, 3 or 4 minutes of screen time for something weird, not a whole episode.

That's a weird way to spell Diane.

>>ror

didn't read a word

I just binge watched the entire series. I thought I was going to hate Mr. Peanutbutter, but honestly I like every character. I like that each character has redeeming qualities and are good people at times. Like Princess Carolyn is a good person often. This show is actually anti edgy in my opinion, and I like that.

Also "Doggie Doggie What now?" never fails to make me laugh

>>>/reddit/

I guess I kind of agree. The thing about this season was that todd was going in it alone. Todd works best when he is paired up(which is why i think they tried to give him emily). I think Todd is the character I feel for the least. Maybe they made him asexual as more of a sign that he is just a neutral character that is just there. That being said, I hope they cut way down on Todd next season.

>every character has redeeming qualities
>Diane

The fuck are you talking about. She is just as bad of a person as Bojack and just as self centered, but thinks she is this great person. She is a complete hypocrite. At least Bojack knows he is a piece of shit.

I don't like the fact that I can identify his voice as Paul F. Tompkins.

k

What's the best episode and why is it the one that follows through the life of Bojack's mom?

mr peanutbutter, because he's a good boy

i couldnt stand season 4. Every character spends 10% of their time acting like the characters they were built up as and the other 90% being flanderized parodies of themselves or spewing lines that are so blatantly on the nose opinions from the writers themselves that i almost consider it breaking the 4th wall.

So many times I almost just stopped watching or wanted to skip forward. Especially the last episode with the clowns.

That one was up there, I think my personal favorite is the Oscar nomination party. Believe it was called "It's you"

i hate how different the characters act, or how major, major storylines are dropped and never mentioned again.

Wanda was a fantastic character. Then one episode she was gone and never mentioned again. The mouse was a great character. Then Princess Carolyn dumped him out of fucking nowhere and never mentioned him again.

Hi Bojack

I'm pretty sure they'l bring back the mouse.

Basically this.
I feel like they have to bring back some characters, i doubt that Wanda will come back but the hipster and the mouse might come back. They keep bringing in dumb characters like the gecko and rabbit so there's a chance those get back in.

Yeah but she helps bojack sometimes. They are all flawed, but all good in my opinion.

Season 4 felt like the netflix season of Arrested Development. Its almost as if they didnt have enough time with the actors so they had to isolate them, and do extremely one of episodes. The whole hollyhock storyline was pretty touching though, and I liked the mouse PC dated. I think its strange they broke up so abruptly though.

Rabbit is pretty funny, gecko isn't the worst either.

The main storyline I am upset they just dropped was Ethan Around from s3. Bojack just left for a year and its never mentioned again.

Cause he's a good boy

>I liked the mouse PC dated. I think its strange they broke up so abruptly though.

it made no sense whatsoever

Yeah but they're also a lot less important to main character development and plot than some of the characters that have been taken out for now is what i mean, still nice to have them show up every once in a while.

Doggie Doggie what now kills me everytime. Its so cheesy, but the inflection of his voice, I can never not laugh. Is this a crossover episode isn't as funny, but the time he said it in his sleep was funny.

Mr Peanutbutter is too cute and too pure for Diane, especially after she REEEE'd out on him over the Belle room thing.

>Why I have half a mind...

Yeah what the fuck was that. I'm fairly certain they will make up like nothing happened first episode next season, but if they are retarded they will make it a long story arc and it will be awful.

>I want a library like in Beauty and the Beast
>I got you that library you wanted
>You ruined everything

I hate how right you probably are.

Doesn't Bojack kinda like Mr. Peanutbutter, like he envy's his happy go lucky attitude.

I hope the show calls Diane out for it, but I doubt it will. I get they are trying to make it seem he didn't consider he feelings and just made a big impulsive gesture or whatever, but she has known him for years and just gets butthurt whenever he tries to do anything for her, like she doesn't even try to appreciate what he does or why he does it.

They might. They keep pushing for a Diane and Bojack relationship every once in a while with her endless voicemails and how they say they need eachother constantly. It's normal when Bojack wants it, but if Diane starts pushing for it then it might actually happen.

Best female character in years?

She'll probably go back to crashing on Bojack's pool furniture, getting shitfaced, and crying to him about what an insecure hypocrite she is just like she did when she wimped out of being a war journalist.

She's going to get back with the mouse, right? ...r-right?

Probably, but I would like someone else to actually call her a bad person in the show, rather than her just feeling sorry for herself and expecting some kind of sympathy from the audience.

Remember that part where Mr Peanutbutter forgave her for basically lying to him for months? Has Diane ever done anything for Mr Peanutbutter in that sense? She has just been a crybaby bitch to him all the time

He tries to do kind things, but he doesn't actually understand her at all. Even I, who am clearly not Diane, immediately understood why she didn't the actual room.

Probably, but unlike last time, I think post-s4 Bojack is actually in a position to help her (that's probably what season 5 will be about - Bojack finally figuring out how to help people instead of destroying them).

When MrPB told her to fuck off regarding the Hippo..whatever stuff, that was best we got.

>who is the best character in bojack

unironically bojack, almost every scene without him this season was shit

Why is she such an insufferable cunt? I actually liked her starting out but all of the feminazi sjw shit in this show has made her unbearable to listen to.

>that entire episode about catcalling
Jesus fucking christ.

who cares, what i really want to know is if she'll get judah back. he deserved better than he got

You're probably a lot like Bojack. I am too, so I found his arc most compelling and relatable, but PC's and Bea's stories were undeniably handled very, very well.

Because you're a fucking idiot.

I get why she didn't like it, I really do, but she just doesn't even try to appreciate the intent of it and just attacks him over it.

>that's probably what season 5 will be about - BoJack finally figuring out how to help people instead of destroying them

Ooh, I like that.

She's pretty hilarious to me, in a meta way. It's like she watched Daria as a kid and took all her identity from Daria (name / clothes / personality) but with none of the intelligence. I can never tell if the writers attempted to make her Daria and missed all the nuance and failed or if they succeeded in her being a poor facsimile of Daria.

There was a Daria joke in season 3, I don't remember it verbatim, does anyone know what it was? They referred to her as daria.

Ruthie best episode of season 4

Sarah Lynn called her Asian Daria when they were in her house on their six week bender

PC is ugly, but that kid cat was cute

Season 3 Episode 11

>What's Diane's deal again? She's, like, an Asian Daria?
>She's a little more complex.
>But she's basically Asian Daria, right? With the glasses and the jacket and her whole "blah" thing.

>Okay, shut up.

Brace your asses for impact.

>In an interview with Indiewire, Bob-Waksberg said that he didn’t think he could continue making the same BoJack Horseman in light of recent events. Instead of harping on the “small hypocrisies of rich liberals,” he wanted to shed a serious light on how the country was coping with the election of Donald Trump. Although Bob-Waksberg said there wouldn’t be as much of this in season four, due to the show already being written, if they were granted a fifth season, he wouldn’t let that opportunity pass him by.
>“I think BoJackis definitely very much about kind of the burdens of being comfortable,” Bob-Waksberg told Indiewire. “I don’t know if those are the kinds of stories we’re going to be as interested in moving forward. I know I’m certainly less interested in exploring the small hypocrisies of rich liberals.
>“I’m not in the mood to poke fun at those kinds of people when there are real, real problems that we need to talk about.”

>mr peanutbutter got to knot diane
dunno who I'm more jealous of tbqhwyf

Judah is underrated and probably best boy. PC was just being extra bitchy that day but in a way it's understandable with the stress build up, when she gets better she might go back to how it was before the episode.

The creator of BH, Bobs-wakesfield or w/e was on NPR today giving an interview. He admitted that the show is pretty much written ad hoc with only a vague idea of the end. It explains why the show is so poorly structured. Most episodes are just filling time to enable a episode 11 melodramatic climax and an episode 12 that sort of wraps up some loose ends while leaving the door open for another season to do the same thing

Season 5 clearly has to be the last season, and wasting much time on political stuff, regardless of what it is, just seems dumb. He should be focusing on the characters. That's what it's about.

Alison Brie orgasmically moaning as a dog fucked her was hotter than I ever thought such a thing could be.

it seriously was
definitely rustled my jubblies

>Season 5 clearly has to be the last season, and wasting much time on political stuff, regardless of what it is, just seems dumb. He should be focusing on the characters. That's what it's about.

Agree with you on every aspect put forth. Which worries me extremely because I now fear they won't do that.
Fuck.

Didnt read a letter

>Season 5 clearly has to be the last season
What adult cartoon has ended naturally and not due to low ratings

So he's throwing away part of what made the show good cause of an election that in the end didn't change much at all.
Shit makes it seem like he's dumping the entire nihilistic theme of the show just to send a message when he could just put in small jokes and jabs.

>because you're a fucking idiot
Right back at you, faggot. How do you even begin to defend her shitty character? My guess is that you're borderline mentally retarded and that's why you like her so much.

>Season 5 clearly has to be the last season
If it's as popular and successful as Netflix claims it is, and as cheap to make as it seems to be, expect at least ten more seasons.

I actually have more faith in Netflix to let them end it when they want than I do in Waksburg to end it when it should end.

It's Netflix, so trying to predict what they'll do based on the mechanics of network TV seems pointless.

It made my penis erect

Holy fuck, Blormpf is about to be btfo next season! I can hardly wait for such a refreshing never done before idea.

>oh no she's liberal, that means she's terrible and I hate her

this

you could say the Belle Room was a garish display of wealth and Diane's leftism hates conspicuous wealth. but if you ignore the money mr peanutbutter spent, what you have is a husband listening to his wife and doing something for her spontaneously based on what he knows about her. without his money, mr peanutbutter probably would have thought of something cheaper to do with Diane that would be Beauty & The Beast-themed

her flimsy explanation for why she hated the Belle Room showed that she is a black hole of love. she is a toxic person and she will never be happy.

No she's just an ass who looks for reasons to get bothered and depressed despite having basically no real problems compared to everyone else in the show or at all really.
People like this exist though so i guess it's more of her being a shitty person than a shitty character.

She's terrible because she's a preachy personified soapbox. Not to mention her being a whiny little bitch when Mr. Peanut Butter made her her Belle Room, and the show implying that Mr. Peanut Butter did anything wrong at all. She is just straight up unlikable.

She didn't like the room because it destroyed the fantasy. It's not that hard to understand.
>what you have is a husband listening to his wife
He heard her words, but didn't understand what she really meant.

You seriously have to have a twat between your legs to have logic this piss poor.

And even if that was the case she didn't need to sperg out like chris chan finding out about a wrong colored sonic.

>Diane's leftism hates conspicuous wealth
That's why she works for (not) buzzfeed and lives in LA and is married to a celebrity in a holywoo mansion, right?

Diane is a fraud she has this narcissistic idealised perception of her self that she never meets, it is always prevented by something else. The reason the library was a big deal was because she got what she wanted and now can't mitigate personal responsibility.

PB is probably my favorite. The offstage characters of Erica and Randy (MSNBSea was great this season) give me a lot of laughs too.

Time's Arrow? That was pure miserykino. The scene where she projects her own suffering onto Henrietta to convince her to adopt the baby out was brilliantly set up.

Do you people really not understand that she's characterized as a total contrarian hypocrite? The show shits on her ideals and stupid preachiness constantly.

You're pretty lame desu

Definitely bojack. I think his arc is certainly most compelling. The episode in which he constantly has this inner self deprecating monologue sayin "you're a piece of shit" felt a bit too real. I relate to and find his story incredibly involving. I could write an essay over why i think of him as the best character but won't.

Also, I really like PC's character. Carolyn's gone through some terrible shit. She's been dumped, betrayed, fired, found that she can barely have children and gone through several trials and persisted through most of them by sheer will (except in the lasst season when she finally gives up and resorts to booze). For me it was somewhat touching because it mirrored my view that no matter how hard you work, there's always a way for life to keep punching you in the gut harder and harder until you fall and give up. I'm a pessimist and feel that PC's arc is validation for it.

I don't know why everyone here likes Mr Peanut Butter. Maybe because he spends so much time around Diane who seems insufferable because of their incompatibility that he seems like a nice likable person. But honestly, DIane is insufferable not because she's fundamentally ungrateful. But because they're just /not/ fit for each other. She is in love with the idea of being a thoughtful, sensitive, aware, empowered woman but PB is the antithesis of all those adjectives. This incompatibility causes her frustration. Also PB is shallow, populist and stupid. He does things to make people like him and gets away with it because his demeanor is more charming and also he gets very lucky and hollywood types like his shallow empty charm.

>it's a Todd episode
Utterly pointless character and is always a waste of screen time. Are we ever supposed to feel something for him even though he's a fucking moron who just leeches off Bojack all the time?

>Best character
>Sociopath that'd rather hide from his spouse than deal with their marital problems

Nah he's a dick

Todd doesn't really have a character anymore, that's the problem

>When I'm feeling bad I like to think of my great, great, great granddaughter in the future telling her class about my life
>But, that's fake
>Yeah but it makes me feel better
>*credits*

I got baited hard with that episode.

>why is it mr peanutbutter?
because he is never malicious and is always optimistic