How can people not understand what this films about? Are they just really stupid?

How can people not understand what this films about? Are they just really stupid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/94rcOVJBMYQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

beaner teens clapped at the end. when will yall admit we have a mexican jumping bean problem? they need to go back

Arronofsky movies have always been shit

Maybe it's just not a really good movie and people don't care about even thinking about what it's about.
I haven't seen it but the trailer looked retarded (idc, I can judge whatever I want). Is the movie about illegal immigration, fear of immigrants, xenophobia, the "motherland"?

Everyone understands what the movie is about. Nobody gives a fuck because how blunt and obvious it is.

Prime example of a director giggling and thinking they're so clever.

What's up with the posters? They look nothing like the aesthetic of the actual movie. Also, pretty tired of Bardem's accent.

it's judaic conceit!

Nobody is confused by religious metaphors, they just don't care any more because people won't stop using them.

ITT: jaded fucks who can't into anything

>Also, pretty tired of Bardem's accent

JAG SPURROW GIBBA DA HART

imagine banging this for such a mediocre movie.
look at the top of his head XD

I "liked" the movie, but it lacked any subtly. Parts of the film were basically screaming "LOOK AT HOW FUCKED UP OUR WORLD IS" and was like a Sup Forums thread brought to life on screen. Aronofsky first attempt at an art film is crude and creative, but he has done so much better.

So, in Half in the bag Mike and Jay said that what movie is about was pretty obvious and they didn't like that it didn't have anything else going on which left me puzzled.
Am I not defending this movie because I don't really think it's was really great, but also it wasn't bad. The thing is that I didn't get any of the biblical references yet still understood that the movie was about: two people in a relationship that is doomed because they want different things trying hard to keep it working. Add the biblical shit in too of that and the movie is not only a surface level allegory.

The movie doesnt make sense if you dont see it as a pure allegory is what they complained about.

Like how people's behaviour is completely unbelievable and time starts skipping when needed to keep the symbolism going.

That's not what they complained about. They actually liked the surreal element. And I don't think that Jay having such a hard on for Lynch would ever complain about that.
Their main complaint was we get it, it's the Bible and for the movie wasn't just the Bible stuff.
However, I agree that JLaw wasn't really that convincing

he straightup compared it to Eraserhead and said he felt that this world was more convincing in regards to its own rules while Mother was not.

This

>background is nature
>Shes literally giving her heart to Bardem like she says in the movie and he does

nah, the Wrestler was dope

only because he didn't write it

its about human history and the relationship we have with earth and god and stuff. pretty good desu. the last 30 min are really intense.

the bible stuff was just a way to frame human history, it wasn't about the fucking bible, it was about humanity

lmao yet normies and retards in general are responding
>wow so random people just show up for no reason
>the story hurts my brain its just random
kek ok user, just because YOU got it doesn't mean the masses accustomed to their Big Macs and Superhero movies will get it, let alone like it.

Couldn't they have hired a better artist for this poster? Immediately looks like cheap garbage.

It's funny that most people stopped talking about this movie less than a week after it released. Even though trailers were like "you'll never forget where you were when you first saw mother!" and other pretentious bullshit. Paramount was so confident that this shit was gonna be a HUGE hit it's almost kinda sad what the result was.

Hey guys, so I've been discussing some of the biblical and historical references in the film.
So the first guys are Adam and Eve (she even has green underwear, as leaves), their sons are Cain and Abel, the hole on the floor is the Mark of Cain, the door inside the basement is an Exodus (Egypt Plagues and such) reference.
The zealot, the one baptising and branding people with ash seemed to be John the Baptist.
But I felt somewhat confused about the editor. Who was she to you?
I think she's a reference to the Catholic church, being the sole editor on the works of god, creating a "second edition" merely after the first one (Old and New Testament) and then methodically killing people in a cold and cruel manner.
What's your opinion on this?

writing has almost nothing to do with the final product.

the innocent jew who dindu nuffin. they wuz just chosin' and know god means well even if they know for certain he is egotistical and petty

this might just be the most stupid fuckin' thing i've read on this board in the past year, literally hang yourself if you believe that.

This is now a pleb filter thread
Post KINO movies, normies don't understand

IS THAT FUCKING CHRISTIAN BALE

wasn't this a "certified fresh"?

I think everyone gets it. It's just fucking stupid.

>the normie masses are finally tired of this preachy shit
I think even moreso than the election, Mother will be considered the zeitgeist turning point to future generations.

>Two weeks and still not a .gif or .webm or anything of the scene where she gets her tits out or the baby getting its neck snapped

Because the people who this film appeals to haven't read the Bible, so they don't understand that it is literally a huge metaphor for it, and even if they do understand that, they hope that the film doesn't have the intellectual depth of a puddle so they look for more depth where there isn't any and come up short.

You barely see them. And the baby is out of view

It was literally bible stories. Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, Mary and Jesus Christ, not the hardest to figure out.

It's more so Torah than bible

kek

It was literally the Bible the film
You forgot the flood of Noah, Sodom and Gamorah, Tower of Babel, the literal last supper, the feeding of the 10,000

The Old Testament is pretty much the Bible, plus the inclusion of Jesus/Holy Trinity cements that it was the Bible

Jesus is mentioned in Torah.

youtu.be/94rcOVJBMYQ

Think about the movie after watching this

Hey, check this out. I'm a BvS fan and I'm willing to bet I'm the only person in this thread who can say with certainty what the yellow potion symbolized and how it relates to the random people painting the house. All you guys embracing this as some sort of artistic 2smrt4u pleb filter should either put up or shut up, because BvS was easily ten times the well-crafted allegory this schlock was.

Give it your best shot I'll wait an hour to say what it is, this "secret" Aronofsky said he'll take to his grave

DUDE CLIMATE CHANGE LMAO: the motion picture

I thought it was sulfur. And piss

Yeah but the last supper and his miracles mean that it's part of the new testament. Jesus as the messiah can't appear in a torah movie as it wouldn't work.

It's done in a very insulting and condescending way.

The quote your guy uses a) either refers to a general messiah or b) is actually from the book of Revelations which is in the Bible not the Torah

In particular, the shekhinah is a holy fire that recides within the home of a married couple.[1]The shekhinah is the highest of six types of holy fire. When a married couple is worthy of this manifestation, all othe

How is this an argument?
You think the people here who spend days crafting the perfect "BvS is kino" arguments that stand up to legitimate criticisms can't understand simple as fuck biblical imagery?

If Fatty McNebraska doesn't "get" the movie, maybe it shouldn't have had a release as wide as a Marvel movie so it could sink like a brick against IT's third or fourth week run and even lose to romantic comedy trash where past-her-prime Reese Witherspoon dates three men.

They understand it, they just realize that it's shit.

nice bair

OK, so here it is:

One of the first things we see Mother do is sprinkle some of that same yellow powder into the plaster she's using to renovate the house. She then stands back and we get her framed between that smear of yellow-tinted plaster and an earlier untinted grey one. Throughout the movie, we see her retreat and drink her yellow-tinted concoction whenever she is feeling weak and breathless. Later at the funeral/party, Woman tells Mother to go put on something more appropriate than her translucent gown. She dons a purple gown and returns downstairs to discover some of the party-goers painting the walls a similar shade of purple. She tells them to stop and is greeted with exasperated indignation.

Grey: symbolic of the long "winter" that followed the previous extinction.
Yellow: symbolic of the sun and the rejuvenating "spring" it brings.
Purple: sometimes a funereal color but more frequently a badge of royalty.

The message: Mother doesn't want to be abused and taken for granted, nor does she want to be helped and "made royal." She only wants to be left alone to drink her healing "potion" in peace. In other words, Aronofsky is saying that taking nature for granted and thinking we can somehow help are just different forms of the same arrogance. This is his idea of deep, hidden meaning. Thanks, Aronofsky. I didn't get that same message without the intellectual snobbery from a Carlin routine from twenty years ago.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c

If he really wanted to shake people up, it would end with just Mother, no Man, no God, just Mother, peeling away the burn tissue, revealing pristine flesh beneath, and starting to build again.

Am I banned?
I understood this movie. It was fun.

>Also, pretty tired of Bardem's accent
YAK SSSSSPPPAAAARRRRROOOWWWWWW I KEEL YOOO

Underrated

I really liked it! It's a shame that others aren't as enthusiastic.

Has anybody ITT even watched Barton Fink?