Sonic Boom

Hiatus is finally over
>It's a "Sticks becomes Alex Jones" episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvtlCcvUB2U
youtube.com/watch?v=2MbtXeILqIA&t=38s
youtube.com/watch?v=wFHOzZYx3M8
youtube.com/watch?v=j8GrUvdEFqY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sonic_Boom_episodes#Season_2_.282016.E2.80.9317.29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That actually makes total sense.

The Episodes for all who want to see them.

INCLUDING the newest one on Boomerang
youtube.com/watch?v=qvtlCcvUB2U
youtube.com/watch?v=2MbtXeILqIA&t=38s
youtube.com/watch?v=wFHOzZYx3M8

Flynn's episodes when

>sticks talking shit about blast processing
kek

>those preteen tyrants are drunk with power
message board mods btfo
I missed this show and it's blunt self aware humor

>Alex Jones

>Not TCR Ghost

youtube.com/watch?v=j8GrUvdEFqY

Eggman did nothing wrong.

'eggman and sonic are rivals but friends on the side' is my favorite meme
it's an infinitely more entertaining dynamic than what the games do

Boomerang Bump

I warmed up to this show after I realized it was Seinfeld with Sonic characters. I do love this version of Eggman, but I still wish his schemes were a bit grander. It could use a dash of real adventure from time to time.

didn't expect social commentary in this show.

I enjoyed the comic and it made me curious to see the cartoon too. I have too many shows I need to watch and too little time.

new villagers
What animals are they meant to be?

I'm still amused at how Eggman believes in the Bro Code.

"But you're our sworn enemy!"
"Nonetheless, in situations this dire, the Bro Code trumps the whole enemy thing"

Plus the fact that he was the one giving Tails the closest thing to good advice.

Sticks was right all along!

fennec, rabbit, and pronghorn?

>I DON'T LIKE EM PUTTING CHEMICALS IN THE WATER THAT TURN THE FREAKIN FROGS GAY

"DON'T FORGET TO ORDER OUR SPECIAL METABOLIC BOOSTER 32X"

This character looks like she has growths on the sides of her head

>i cant handle the truth
Top kek

bless you, user

Sonic Boom and The Looney Tunes Show belong in a special category all their own and I have no clue what to call it

Sonic Boom is so underrated it hurts. It's one of those extremely odd yet funny shows that no one gives a chance.

It has no right to be as funny as it is.

I'M A PIONEER

It doesn't help that it's tied to a franchise whose fanbase is known for autism, aka a group of people who reject change/differences of any kind

I don't think they'd appreciate the dry deadpan of Boom even if they could look past knuckles's redesign which is objectively superior

Everything about Boom screams that wonderfully clever and odd humor. Gumball, Xavier, Pickle and Peanut, and a couple of others are great but no one gives them a chance because "muh visuals".If anything these shows are saving animation, not Steven Universe or Gravity Falls.

is it confirmed he's written episodes?

Boom Knux is honestly best Knux since there's no character degradaton working in him. He was always that thick.

I love this show but its not "saving animation"

Comedy Chimp is best secondary character

>Blast processing is a load of crap
I nearly spit my drink. How this show manages to keep throwing little nods to old sonic and sega shit whilst remaining a funny cartoon with no prior knowledge of the series needed is beyond me.

Yep.

I disagree.

>expendable background model who always has a different voice in every appearance
yeah nah

>Knuckles since the Sonic Adventure era

jesus fucking christ, sega

But that's wrong. She was only voiced once.

DYEWTS
She's also voiced in the justin beaver episode

Knuckles in the plot-era of sonic games was always just "arrogant gullible sonic". He's not an interesting character. The Boom team deserve props for recognizing this and giving knuckles a different role

What are the agreed upon best episodes of boom? I remember "eggman the arteur" getting thrown around a lot

>Flynn
Who?

He's in charge of all of the sonic comics at the moment
hopefully he's actually good at boom's style of humor

The true inheritors of the animated sitcom mantel. Damn I miss Looney Toons Show.

Use to drop by here and Plus4, but guess Archie told him to stealth it or just to stop.

That's understandable given past situations and ownership concerns.

What would he talk about when he posted here?

CHEERS LOVE
CAVALRY'S HERE

Did this actually get 2 seasons? I remember anons saying that CN would probably kill it. I probably underestimated it.

>it's getting better and better
HOW THEY DEW IT?

A 52 episode second season just started last month, it's not going away just yet

Not sure what sega's motivation for keeping it around is since they aren't really merchandising it and nobody likes the games

>whose fanbase is known for autism, aka a group of people who reject change/differences of any kind
>Sonic
>The franchise that fucking went from AOSTH to SATAM to Sonic X To Sonic Boom
Epic

Boom redesigned the characters in a way that none of the others did
people legitimately protest boom over buff knuckles and blue arms
nobody seems to care about amy's new dress though

>people legitimately protest boom over buff knuckles and blue arms
sure thing.
They were surprised at best. Like any fanbase.

Maybe he's thinking of that one guy...

Z-zap to the extreme?

If you keep fantazing about that guy, maybe you are part of the problem.

More /ss/ Tails when?

The books both Mega and Sonic when he worked on both. Nice Guy.

pretty sure he already have 2 waifu just in Sonic Boom.

>episodes
Him and Evan Stanley

He still visits every once in awhile.

Is flynn funny?
Will he be able to handle Boom's dry deadpan well?

I'll be honest with you guys. I'm not in love with this show. The sitcom jokes are kind of obvious, and Sonic/Eggman relationship plays out like a rehashed Finn/Ice King one. Still it's a consistent meh and it never comes close to awful making great to sit on while randomly flicking channels. So tldr; this fandom is fine by me.

I am somewhat intrigued by the puppy miniatures game that Eggman and Amy played. Does anyone know if it's a parody of something?

I don't think it's a direct parody of anything, just a general satire of trading card games and collectible figurines. Possibly a hint of horse depending on how deeply you want to interpret the cutesy girlish 'fuzzy puppy' stigma

His Boom comics weren't that funny so... not really? I think he's fine in small doses so his episodes will probably be amusing enough.

Also this show's deadpan is starting to wear a bit on me. It's basically the same schtick every episode.

I don't think this show is great either. It's firmly planted in "okay" territory for me, with a few exceptional parts that actually made me laugh. Visually it's also a mess, with episodes ranging from acceptable to art school final project tier. There's also this weird thing with the pupils on characters where sometimes they have a derp face going on? I'm not sure how they let that get by QA because it's pretty bad. (We're not talking a few frames, we're talking like five solid seconds of downs syndrome at times.)

Anyway, I think a big reason why people praise it so much is because the Boom game was so terrible that when the show turned out to be anything but garbage, it appeared to be solid gold next to it.

yet you are still watching a cartoon where the main audience is supposed to be 8 years old children.

>Tails is the engineer

No.
He's managed a few decent gags over ten years of writing Sonic comics, but most of them were reliant on the artist. Same with his fight scenes. The guy's good at planning but isn't a terribly good writer, especially when he's not working with Sonic.

It's basically a Sitcom.

Welcome to Sonic character design.

They are sideburns you ignoramus.

The biggest advantage the Boom comic had over the show was the art (the best issue was definitely the final one, which had Diana Skelly's energetic pencils and was written by one of the show writers)

This has been the case in the games too since forever.

They always team up in the end to take on the greater evil, and show the occasional courtesy otherwise as well. Especially in more recent games.

underrated show

I want to rub my dick over Stick's sweet nothingness under that skirt.

>I thought your middle name was The

I liked Knuckles in the mysterious noble lone warrior role from sonic adventure 1, before he became "part of the gang" and ended up as a pointless red sonic with strength instead of speed. I feel like they should have kept him like that, only showing up occasionally when his calling demands it.

Of course, the introduction of even more not-sonics just exacerbated the issue.

Is this show being relegated to Boomerang a death sentence from CN?

So, I'm not the only one who thinks the pacing got a lot slower, right? Each episode feels like its dragging on and on and some jokes seem like they take forever to finish.

It's still being aired at CN, albeit at 6 AM.

She needs another episode where she's more than a disposable background model, then I might agree.

No, not really. These episodes feel the same as last season to me.

Mayhaps I'm just remembering it wrong then. Feels like they went all out for and close to the finale and everything was almost rapid fire.

If you mean episodes like Shadow's, yeah that was faster paced with a lot crammed in. But that wasn't the norm for the entire season.

Are there mega links for this show?

Why would they do this? I'm sure Teen Titans Go doesn't need to occupy ALL their prime time slots.

Of course Teen Titans Go needs to occupy 90% of the block. NEW FAVORITE SHOW remember? The remaining 10% of non death slots go to movies and the other CN originals.

I forget the specifics but the reason they air TTG for most of the day every day is because this benefits them in a certain way related to how ad revenue works. It's not based on popularity, either.

How the fuck did this show turn out to be good? It had fucking nothing going for it and it's turned out to be genuinely entertaining.

lack of network control maybe?

I still haven't seen any. Are there any particular episodes I should check out?

Ratings for this show have sure gone down: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sonic_Boom_episodes#Season_2_.282016.E2.80.9317.29

They don't promote it at all, they moved it to a different network, and when it does come on CN, it airs at 6 AM eastern. Surprised people even know it's still on at all.

New Episode was way more kid appealing (Not that it's a bad thing. Write for your primary audience) but the Blast processing joke was hilarious.

The show runners said the biggest contributor to getting renewed was how strong they did through streaming services rather than TV ratings so it probably doesn't matter as much to them. TV Ratings are becoming less relevant all the time to a show's popularity these days.

>Eggman's plans aren't fiscally motivated! They're barely motivated at all! Do you even watch this show?

I love the writing.

She's so...pink.

>You get Drunk off your ass.
>Instead of seeing Pink Elephants you see copies this

I don't know if that would be really neat or really terrifying.