/std/ + /trek/ - Star Trek: Discovery Premiere night

Explosions means the show is good edition

Previously:

RIP

Am I the only one who noticed sound issues throughout the first episode?

The recording was really shit and different characters talking right next to each other sounded totally different. Conversations between the captain and Vulcan wannabe were especially bad.

Am I the only one who was really bothered by this whole Sarek caring more about some random human than his own son?

They might have had to work with a lower budget for it judging by how much was spent per episode when all was done

>Am I the only one who noticed sound issues throughout the first episode?
Nope, exposition desert was also dubbed over and very obvious at that.

The holographic communicator is introduced as fucking PROTOTYPE technology in DS9. Aren't they supposed to have continuity nerd faggots like me on staff to check this shit before they commit to a shooting script?

Is the whole season up on CDN netflix?

INTENSIFY FORWARD FIREPOWER

Sarek being in the show at all is embarrassing.

also apparently vulcan have multi-lightyear telepothy now, instead of making that an internal dialogue its now some vulcan space magic bullshit.

bravo Kurtzman

The tech since the reboot has been all over the place.

How will they explain the cloaking device? My guess is a lost god-like forerunner alien artifact T'Kumva found.

No, you were just so frothing with rage that you became dumb with anger, as did so many of you Orvillefags.

What the fuck is with the Klingon dialogue

It was rough but flowed in previous shows, here they're just pronouncing it word-by-word-with-no-flow

It honestly looks as if they've focused so hard on the visual aspects that they've forgotten everything else.

Can someone please show me where stuffing nukes into dead bodies of enemy forces is covered in the Starfleet operations manual?

Does she make you harder, better, faster, and stronger like me?

Judge me if you think this would work better:

Instead of Michael trying to mutiny and shoot the Klingons, do a plot where Michael accidentally fucks up and destroys some super important Klingon artifact, thus triggering a conflict and getting her captain killed. You can keep the whole "people distrust her and blame her for the fighting" angle BUT get rid of the impending retarded idea of her getting her conviction for mutiny overturned and restored to Starfleet that's going to happen next episode. AND you can give the Klingons some actual justification for being angry at the Federation instead of being on an evil war literally against the idea of diversity

I haven't even watched orville, I'm just a trekkie

Maybe she's a breen.

The USS Shenzhoke

Too bad he couldn't find a god-like forerunner alien artifact to fix his face.

Cyborg or android? Fuck you, I'm not calling them gynoids.

I called something similar to this but in jest.

I called Memory of Larkin and that it was essentially the memories of a Starfleet officer transferred into a robot chassis.

Check the archive, that's my mark that I left on STD.

DARK. GRITTY. ME LIKE.

God damn that background noise was LOUD. It was so overpowering it was actually difficult to hear all the characters talk.

Beeps, buzzes, non-stop sounds and the ship sounding like an AC from the 80s.

Also I thought this was supposed to be between Kirk and Archer? Wouldn't that mean they've met the klingons already?

What did you think of Captain Hirohito's Rising sun tactics of kamikaze and booby trapping the dead?

The Romulan commander did it in Balance of Terror, and the producers said they were super influenced by that episode.

It's just an alien with a helmet.

Can someone with access to Ep. 1 post a screenshot of Sonequa's feets? Much appreciated.

sounds like you like black women

Why isn't Star Trek allowed to be comfy anymore?

It doesn't even need that big of a budget. . .

There were TONS of Cyborgs in STD, looked like a third of the bridge crew had some sort of cybernetic mods.

what the actual fuck is this new design

fucking hell, stop changing how they look, worf era was FINE you hacks

The new series from Alex "Interplanetary Transporter" Kurtzman!

B-but guys, it's in the Prime continuity!

Some reason I heard Leonidas and the 300 on the Klingon ship. Made it better DESU.

>white Klingon has a much less wide nose
Hmm...

To all the /trek/ regulars, what does it feel like to be surrounded by so many shills?
Me? Memories of Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and /biz/.

can someone tell me why the black female character is named michael?????

Orville delivers the comfy now.

> tfw the Nignog Klingons were the best part of the show so far

If you think the Klingon ship design is out of place and bad just wait until you see the Starfleet shit. They didn't even try to make it fit the era.

Their mission to quip like no man has quipped before.

There aren't any shills on /biz/ quit talking out your ass.

>Go on a mission to save some aliens from a drought
>Better pack my phaser rifle just in case

>Go on mission to capture a Klingon from his ship (only sending 2 people because ????????? they were tons of officers left alive judging by the escape pods)
>Nah, let's just bring our pistols

Incredibly hard face to look at.

The faggotry is real.

I thought the point was that Starfleet...wasn't the Romulans? And that the Romulans were bad?

Starfleet protocol actually calls for suicide bombings, but the crew in Discovery got creative

Fuller likes to name give female characters traditionally male names as a stunt

I hate it honestly. Keep the generals separate.

>right in the feels

why does it hurt so good /trek/

probably because it's the pilot so they're trying to stuff it with melodrama

They think people want serious shows for everything. They're forgot about escapism

Pistols are better for close quarter combat you fucking pleb

I've been raging about continuity for a few hours now about that exact question. Don't we PAY people to prevent this?

>There aren't any shills on /biz/ quit talking out your ass.

Hey they literally said he left a part of his katra in her so it could have just her "talking" with that part. But no, it's literal interstellar telepathy.

(((Faggotry)))

like who? i cannot think of another female trek character with a blatently male name like 'michael'

almost looks like a crt

>Pistols are better for close quarter combat you fucking pleb

so are fucking shotguns.. i'm sure there are some laser/explosive shotguns in the era.

>The holographic communicator is introduced as fucking PROTOTYPE technology in DS9. Aren't they supposed to have continuity nerd faggots like me on staff to check this shit before they commit to a shooting script?

That is a holodeck communicator. You can shake their hand!

Bryan Fuller. It's a thing he does.

The Romulan commander in BoT was potrayed as a worthy adversary to Kirk, not as a bad guy.

wut

this is all the proof you need that the current writers dont give a single fuck

Didn't they only look like ass from TNG forward because of a genetic disease, or was it the other way around?

How are they going to rewrite canon to explain what happened between ENT and TOS where the Feds get way better technology than anything thereafter?

thanks for the spoiler warnings, you JERKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't you mean jihadi?

fuck off, continuity is nothing but a fetter in story telling. Its the reason why comics reboot every 5 years.

>the designs of the Orville and its interior

I didn't realize Leslie Jones was in the show

Most of these tourists are just the regular culture war memers that will start shit for a while and eventually move on to some other controversy. The usual.

????? how does this answer my question

sound design of the phasers were garbage too
At least use the ones from jj trek that blow your ears out if you don't want to commit to TOS era phaser effects like beams and cones.

Fox shills pls go

Can someone please show me where giving pre-warp civilizations gunpowder just because the Klingons are doing it is covered in the Starfleet operations manual?

Spock, Sarek, Sybok, Amanda, Kirk, Bones, Sulu, Chekov, Uhura, and Picard never mentioning Sarek's autistic nigger tranny pet human in either timeline (the adoption predates the Kelvin - double continuity fuckup!) is a red flag. Set course for the retcon clusterfuck, maximum warp.

If he agreed with Federation ideals, then he wouldn't be an adversary. The Romulans and the Klingons both stood in for the Soviets of the time. Worthy foes with completely different values.

Well you see goy we got this nice encyclopedia you can buy that explains that.

>you fucking pleb
What is this supposed to mean? You clearly have no fucking idea what you're talking about, and yet you dare imply you're somehow more knowledgeable than me?

Fucking HINT: go look at SWAT/Detla/SEALs/whoever. When they go into raid somewhere, they pack ARs.

get with the times gramps, gender is a social construct. people can have whatever names they want.

Couldn't they have called her Mika instead of Michael? You already have enough diversity points with strong black female, at least give her a feminine name.

i dont give a shit about MUH LORE, the tng+ era klingon designs were fine, it did not need tweaking

The designs are soulless like TNG instead of comfy like TOS. But you're a numale so that makes you happy.

if not-daft-punk isn't back by episode 4 i'm stuffing a nuke in a dead body and shipping it to CBS

>implying CRTs aren't superior in every single way

Trek continuity is dead except where it's useful and it's best to treat this series like an alternate universe.

Daddy likey.

Considering the show is behind a paywall Orville will probably be shitposted about more tbqh

Contact and interaction with another post-warp civ.
Once the Klingons started messing around Starfleet was free to step in.

the first episode felt rushed, and poorly edited.

directed by actual retards.

How difficult is it to become a director?

How are people like the director for the new Death Note on netflix even allowed to do these roles? these people are absolute fucking morons. and average guy from /trek/ with an IQ above 120 could direct every aspect of this shit better.

> captain, Klingon ship decloaking
> REEEEE FUCK KLINGONS KILL THEM NOW
> no
> REEE FUCK YOU
> *vulcan neck pinch* I'm doing this to help you captain!
> Klingons killed my family, must kill all Klingon SCUM!
> *decapitates Klingon with batleth*
> *shoots bloody hole in klingon's chest with phaser*
> *disembowels klingon with butter knife*
> Klingons are all the same, I HATE THEM! THEY'RE RACIST TRUMP SUPPORTERS!

There was literally no point for these two episodes.
They could have just lead in with her being a prisoner and worked her up to achieving a rank.

Sup Forums has fallen low indeed, but surely not so low that an appreciable part of the posters don't know how to get any show for free?

No, I agree. The TNG design was perfect, the disease part was fine for those that do care about the lore aspect. I seriously hate how STD is fucking up their design for no reason

You almost blew my mind and I typed up a whole post with the "holy shit how did I miss this!" but then realized that the reason they went in with just phasers was because it was a kidnapping mission and the only Klingon they killed was the one they specifically went there to not kill.

No wonder they were so good (guttural pitch manipulation aside)
They're a combination of Race purist nignog jihadists.
We wuz boko haram in space