Valiant's worst Storytime Dead Drop

Hey, I'm a fan of Valiant comics and people say this is the worst comic they published.....I'm curious so storytime.

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/n78tja
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is X-O Man of War, basically what if Conan the Barbarian was Ironman, I'm supposed to say he's a Visigoth from the 5th century kidnapped by aliens to pretend he's more orginal but I still like him

I find it kind of weird they can't tell who X-O I mean at this point he took over a country....

Crap they have the ultimate Superpower Le Parkour surety no one with flight power can match them....wait.

You know you could give your antagonist powers to fight the heroes right? Sometimes it's cool to have badass normals but seriously why doesn't X-O just not like fly away from this bull shit.

I'm the user in the Ales Kot thread who said this is one of the worst Valiant titles published. And while there are worse Valiant comics, my main problem with this is the same problem I had with Kot's Image series, Zero. Interesting idea that he totally shits the bed on.

the Vine are the aliens who made the X-O suit, spider aliens.

I heard of Zero and the elevator pitch sounded cool James Bond turns on his masters. But that's the pitch not the series. I dig Valiant's new output not everything but I do like a lot of it.

This is Archer, fundamentalist super Messiah is the best thing to sum him up. Cool character if naive, I love Archer and Armstrong but some writer get them really well....others don't.

I don't recommend reading it but in case you do and don't want to spoiled The actual plot gets resolved in issue 13 with the lead killing the brother of one the guys he killed in the first issue who was out for revenge and then the last five issues are spent with Kot going on a polemic about how evil exists within the hearts of all men but there is a literal heart of darkness that causes this but not really.

And Kot "proves" that all men are evil because William S. Burroughs shoots his wife dead and the protagonist is his illegitimate son with a Slavic prostitute, even though he ignores the fact that Burroughs and his wife were both high on drugs at the time and they thought it was a good idea to recreate the William Tell scene at that time.

.....and yup.....just as I feared. Kot does not nail Archer's voice at all.

What the hell....also using Burrough's to prove that men are evil? What? Why? Why make the main character the son of the guy who wrote Naked Lunch? What's the theme?

Also god Archer was never this bad in his own comic, he was always more calm...

What was with the fly eating?

That last page was rough.....but the simple response to that kid is that anyone can be a terrorist.

No idea why everyone hates it.

To be honest I can see it being how much the writer just does not get the characters, or how consistent there power levels are, Archer is actually really competent in his series. The last issue made him look like a clown.

Oh hey Betamax, he's a Quantum and Woody character, love that series.....but he's kind of a one note joke.

Betamax was part of a society meant to keep inventions to themselves, basically a league of supervillains who wanted to be like Edison...this is weird...

Dead Drop (2015) (digital TPB) (Minutemen-Slayer)
sendspace.com/file/n78tja

Eternal warrior days of steel is the worst comic they published. Dead Drop has good art but it also has highly powerful superheroes getting beaten by parkour hackers and a rushed shitty ending.

To be fair to kot this issue is actually quite good

Parkour Hackers.......one of my least favorite surprisingly modern archetype, mostly because they are pretty much hipster wish fulfillment.

u wot m8?

What drugs are these writers on?

oh god these are magic hacker....ugh

Betamax was in center of story, that's alright in my book.

Well see I think the thing was that Kot knew about the drugs playing a part in the killing since giant mushrooms and fungal infections are recurring imagery and are worked into the plot but Kot likes using drugs so he had to justify why drugs were okay while also support his position that "men are inherently evil".

Kot has explained in interviews about Zero that men in his family had done awful things so I theorize that this was how he was trying to justify it to himself.

>livewire is a superhero with hacking powers and can hack a computer with a thought
>almost dies trying to hack the manowar armor because its alien and almost unhackable
>teenage parkour nobodies do it with a laptop and wifi

BRAVO KOT

>Archer has access to the entire sum of human knowledge and can not only use any fighting move he has ever seen, but also any superpower that isnt tech based
>gets bodied by 5 guys who came out of a van
BRAVO

I'm not against drug use but saying that drugs don't effect people is stupid. But dragging in Burrough into a spy story seems stupid so I guess it didn't stop him.

Kot is kind of King at self-insert shit. Have you read The Surface? The last issue has Kot himself appear as character in the comic to lecture the readers. And this takes up the entire issue.

See, I preferred at the beginning of the Valiant reboot when the characters mostly remained in their own corners and only crossed over occasionally. Archer and Armstrong was allowed to get incredibly weird and Archer in particular was allowed to get really fucking powerful. The more tangled the crossovers become the more the characters start getting fucked over.

>forget that aric can fly between planets in a matter of days and couldnt be outrun by teenage hacker nobodies
>have an autism fit on tumblr when this is pointed out to
>slip in an even more nonsensical line in the last issue where it turns out the hackers hacked his suit
B R A VO