Remember when American TV shows were so afraid of criticizing the Obama administration that they resorted to making...

Remember when American TV shows were so afraid of criticizing the Obama administration that they resorted to making jokes about a Canadian mayor who smoked crack because they were that desperate for a target?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qq01I8UzaHE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There was like a two month stretch where Rob Ford was literally world famous.

How did you go eight years without watching Fox?
Also that fat fuck was hilarious

Why does America have so many lowest common denominator political shows hosted by Jews that push DNC talking points?

Only because of (((them)))

>How did you go eight years without watching Fox?

B-b-but they're biased! Unlike unbiased MSNBC and CNN!

>obama and trump operate at the same level of ridiculousness
no

It's almost like people watch things that flatter their opinion and ignore anything to the contrary

yeah it was more ridiculous that magic black man would solve 'racism'

>magic black man
Wow, the guy's long gone but you're still so utterly buttreamed about him

nice projection nigger I'm not even american

He kinda fucked the whole world up longterm

Remember when Sup Forums was contained in one board instead of a cancerous infection spreading stupid white supremacist memes on every board?

semifunctional drug addiction is funny

No

no

His brother's gonna try to run for mayor again.
He won't win, but people underestimate how popular Rob Ford actually was in his area.

>implying a crack-smoking mayor in one of the world's largest cities isn't news

Yes
I mean no

newfags

newfag

Unironically teared up when I heard

What actually was worth making fun of Obama for?

Dude, it's plain as fucking daylight that Obama marketed himself as the one true savior of all black people. And then for eight years he acted white, which is the funny bit.

Your right. Trump signs laws from time to time and tweets. Obama sent American men to die in the middle east for no reason at all.

>no u

Nothing. There were things to criticize him for, but he was so professional you couldn't really make fun of him for it.

It's not just because of Sup Forums, Sup Forums is becoming more right-wing

His very manufactured way of speaking. I've never seen "folks" used more disingenuously in my life.

Also uuhhhh uhh uhhhh uh uhhh uhhh uhh uhh uuuhh uhhh uhhh uhhh uhhhh uhhhh uhhh

The guy was really bad when he didn't have a prompter but I had to spend nearly a decade hearing people tell me he was an amazing speaker.

>Afraid

They weren't afraid. It was their job to promote the Democrats and Obama, and Obama wasn't really all that interesting or funny to make fun of.

I mean, there is plenty of Sup Forums humor related to his middle east shenanigans, but;

1. It's complicated to understand, making it hard for your average political comedy show viewer to grasp the context for the jokes

2. It's extremely uncomfortable for Americans and Liberals Americans especially to hear they are doing very bad, not good things.

3. It often involves highly offensive, sensitive topics

I mean, you could have had a comedy gold mine surrounding the Egyptian back to back U.S. sponsored revolutions - Only Jon Stewart and John Oliver were actually participating in promoting the military coup. So that would be...weird.

CNN and MSNBC didn't use to be this bad tbqh and Fox used to be much worse.

Fox has only dialed down because Murdoch's sons are full blown liberals.

>becoming
Yeah, okay faggot.

last 3 presidents have been jokes at speeches. No one writes their own shit, so nothing feels genuine.

No to be honest.

I've been here since 2006 and Sup Forums is less racist now than it was back then. Only difference is people complain about it more often instead of sniggering and posting pictures of watermelons.

It's not even that, dude. My political opinions haven't changed in 15 years. I was considered a radical leftist not that long ago, now I've been called a nazi like 5 times in the last year.

More people are aware of the biased bullshit espoused by the media and Hollywood. It's a natural response, not some concerted effort by Sup Forums and the alt right.

nope

DIJON MUSTARD!!!!!!!!; THAT'S THE FINAL STRAW OBUMMER!!!!!!!!

Nigbama also acts like he was the one in Seal Team Six to take out OBL

Trump at least has that going for him.

No one would ever mistake that for the work of a competent or trained speech writer.

>So don't look at the numbers, let me just tell you, assure you, this was a great, the very greatest, half yearly fiscal result, so good, definitely the biggest we've seen...and also, that Nazi rally? I'm told there were some very good people there.

>What? No, no questions. You shut up. You are a liar. Liar. You are the biggest....turn the camera around, lets all look at this liar.

[citation required]

This. The site hasn't changed. It's just that normies went from viewing Julian Assange as a leftist anarchist to a Right Wing Nazi. They all changed, we stayed the same.

Sure, its genuine, but its all bravado that falls flat.

hahahahahahahahaha

I said becoming more.

That's democracy I guess, polarisation

Things that never happened for 1000, Alex

this is fucking false unless you measure racism by the number of times 'nigger' is said. today's racism is real, angry racism, using bullshit infographics to push their agenda, whereas the racism of old was simply 'lol nigga stole my bike!' 'give me ur sheckles' type shit. im sick of this false equivalency

>bullshit infographics
tbqh really all the infographics i see have listed sources, i have also made many myself

>this is fucking false

No it's not.

>today's racism is real, angry racism

No it's not. That's just how retarded redditors perceive it, and it's how they have ALWAYS perceived it.

youtu.be/qq01I8UzaHE

>im sick of this false equivalency

I'm sick of faggots like you coming here from twitter or reddit or wherever and lying about this site to make you feel better about adhering to shitty politics that everyone laughs at.

Yes, the stormfaggotry is larger, simply because the userbase is larger. But the stormfaggotry has always been here, and always will be, and if you don't like it, you should in all honesty fuck off and stop whining about something integral to this site.

The infographics posting would have died out if modern leftists were actually intelligent.
The internet right wing had a long time to gather smart people and build arguments while the left swam in its own hubris and alienated more and more intelligent people.
So when the internet right wing finally made their gradual moves, the left had nothing to fall back on because they thought they had already won. Now they're scrambling because nearly every modern leftist on the internet is some twitter or social media drone who never learned argumentation. That said, the internet right has attracted a lot of idiots who like to join fashionable things or be on what they perceive to be the winning team.
This is my outsider's perspective.

Why would a comedy show make fun of a serious, scandal-free administration?

Do you remember that time that Trump signed an executive order allowing grown men who claim they identify as women to enter into public showers and bathrooms with little girls?

Spoiler: It was Obama

>appeal to emotion
le not an argument man.jpg

That's a great source you posted there.

How is stating an unbiased fact an appeal to emotion? That was one of Obama's many great legacies. Or his tweet about that teenager with stolen jewelry that had committed attempted homicide of a neighborhood watchman and got shot in the process looking like his son, if he had one. The resulting race riots were truly a blessing on this country.

the problem is that stats are a lot more complicated than you treat them, and they certainly don't speak for themselves in the case of socio-political situations. you can't just look at the rate of crime of race A being X and conclude that race A is inferior. there are so many millions of factors that you're not accounting for that make this argument so faulty. you'll notice how every large study your infographs cite do not make the same conclusions as you do, because those in charge know it's not that simple. it's the exact same shit as when the media says "new drug cures cancer" when in fact it's simply a new cancer-treatment drug that has been approved for a clinical trial.

>been here
sure
>integral part of the site
no

it was never a big portion, and they stayed in theircircles. sure they popped up once in a while, and even derailed threads regularly, but it is nowhere near as all-consuming as it is now. in the last couple years the entire site has been plagued with damned near every thread turning into some sort of shit about race and politics (look at us right-fucking-now). just like when your cousin learns a new three syllable word and he starts trying to use it as often as he can, the election validated the rightists beliefs and now they feel the need to shove it in everybodies face constantly.

>reddit
Sup Forums logic strikes again. everything you don't like is the evil boogeyman. i've been here since 2006 too buddy, and just because i disagree with you doesn't mean i'm from the evil tribe from across the valley. this is why noone respects you guys, you can't engauge in a discussion without throwing names at people.

I agree on most of your points, especially the failure of the left to learn to debate topics, claiming the high ground, and alienating some of it's more thoughtful members. however i don't really see how it's relevant to my post.

>I hate trannies and blacks

le not an argument man.jpg

>strawmanning
I win. :)

I miss those days. Best was when Moot fucked up their board after they were trying to prove he was a 'cuck' or something.

>the problem is that stats are a lot more complicated than you treat them, and they certainly don't speak for themselves in the case of socio-political situations. you can't just look at the rate of crime of race A being X and conclude that race A is inferior. there are so many millions of factors that you're not accounting for that make this argument so faulty. you'll notice how every large study your infographs cite do not make the same conclusions as you do, because those in charge know it's not that simple. it's the exact same shit as when the media says "new drug cures cancer" when in fact it's simply a new cancer-treatment drug that has been approved for a clinical trial.

Socio-economic and socio-political are terms created by sociology. Sociology is a field with under 50% field wide replication rate. I cannot trust the usage of these terms until the field becomes reputable, full stop. Any conclusions made by sociologists should be considered faulty until they can properly replicate their results. It's the responsibility of the person reading the data to make their own conclusion because

I remember when "Sup Forums" was just all of Sup Forums, and asspained Redditors and Tumblrtards stayed on their containment websites

The threads turn in to shit shows because of outsiders and newfags offended by the racism and feeling the need to whine about it.

>reddit is a Sup Forums boogeyman

It's actually a Sup Forums boogeyman and it's half true.

>you guys
>nam calling
>debate

If that's what you want to call faggots whining about le alt right and Sup Forums boogeymen because the comical juxtoposition of token negro actors and apes makes them hav hyperbolic meltdowns.

These shows still criticized Obama and the Democrats quite often. Why is there so much revisionist history going on in this thread?

He was a cuck, which is why he rooted the board and quit the site.

Stewart was the only one and even then it was for only occasional things like the drone strikes.

Yeah, because there's absolutely nothing funny about a fat, crack-smoking Canadian mayor with an over-the-top personality. The only reason anybody would ever make jokes about something like that is some sort of secret political agenda. What other explanation could there be?

It's really mostly Sup Forums. Sup Forums and Sup Forums have a lot less retarded alt righters at least

Those were better times.

The reason the "Right" is strong on the internet is because they were here first. The Right had no access to mainstream media, both because it's not favorable to corporate interests and partly because liberals/the left are so censorious.

This forced The Right onto the internet and also forced them to be nimble and adaptable to every new obstacle put in their path.

This also gave them time to be immersed in and hone internet media techniques that the left were slow to adopt (normies really didn't land on the internet heavily until '08).

A lot of liberals and leftists who were already entrenched migrated away from shitty corners of the internet where good work is done and towards normie gathering points like twitter and facebook - twitter was especially bad because it's so censorious that it really is an echo chamber. We mock Reddit, but you will occasionally be exposed to oppositional ideas there. But on twitter? It's just one long circle jerk.

Right Wingers were forced to congregate in areas that accepted free speech (not because the Right loves free speech, but simply because these were the only places that would tolerate them) which meant they have to put up with a constant barrage of challenges and rival ideas. So they find ways to adapt or mask their opinions to "win".

The only board that has alt-righters is Sup Forums.

People who are upset by "alt-righters" on boards like Sup Forums are just cancerous newfags who aren't used to Sup Forums and /oldb/

They acted exactly the same way back when the boogeyman was pedophiles.

Sup Forums and /lit/ have a lot of actual liberal posters, and Sup Forums is now fairly normie since it got cleaned up. No longer produces the best memes of course.

Sup Forums is the only board with real, genuine, Right Wingers, and even then the Alt-Right is often a point of mockery.

My main issue with Ford was why he didn't use cocaine instead.
I am sure he could afford it

It's not that they didn't make fun of Democrats (just look at Bill Clinton in the 90s), it's that Obama was a boring person with a sterile personality. It was nothing there to make fun of. Unlike Bill Clinton where there was a TON of material to work with.

>Obama
>scandal free

Obama wasn't a senile retard making constant political and diplomatic blunders though. Also it helps he didn't channel his autism daily through Twitter.

Go to China and call them racists, tell them they have "chinese privilege" and they need to open their borders..

At the end of the day this marxist accusation of "racism" is just the leftist way of trying to suppress legitimate political views.
Look at all the cucks here going "hurr we aren't racists!"

None of those were significant and Obama will forever be remembered as one of the greatest presidents in our life time. Deal with it cucklord.

The reason the right is strong on the internet is because the internet has become popular enough for old people to use it too

>"none of them were significant because i said so!"
Okay kid.

How can you actually believe this when this entire movement/whatever you wanna call it has been the product of edgy internet teenagers and pissy college students?

>IRS scandal

Oh you mean where there was no actual scandal? Where the IRS made sure that groups that were applying for tax exempt status actually qualified for them, and none of the conservative groups that applied got denied, just scrutinized?

Yeah, Obama's "scandals" were just "conservatives making a big deal out of nothing."

lmao!

Obama used the IRS to specifically target political opponents and got away with it because corrupt officials decided not to pursue charges. It's still a scandal even if you pay off the authorities not to punish you.

>Obama used the IRS to specifically target political opponents

No, he didn't

Yes, he did. I find it hypocritical that you blindly trust authority when they say Obama did no wrongdoing without even pursuing it legally, but won't accept the court's judgement when they say someone like Zimmerman is clear of wrongdoing after an extensive and exhausting trial.

Regardless, that's not even the only scandal listed because the Obama administration was far from scandal free, and I say this as a person who voted for the man twice and probably would have a third time. Quit romanticizing the man and pretending he was perfect. He wasn't. He was a good president but he also did a lot of shady shit like any president. He was a human being not a fucking god so quit huffing his farts and telling me they smell like roses.

>The state of drumpf voters

Except I didn't vote for Trump, but idiots like you sometimes make me want to purely out of spite.

Based Br0bama

>Obama sent American men to die in the middle east for no reason at all
u kidding right? Trumpexpanded the troop number to help israel invade syria

They made fun of Obama non stop. The only difference is that Obama was an educated man with real political aspirations and with a genuine will to help Americans.

Trump is a populist and an egomaniac. Im sure he genuinely cares about his people and his country, but half the shit Trump says is made to be ridiculed. Thats the way it goes. Obama never made a fool out of himself. Trump wearing a hat is enough to make a joke out of.

>They made fun of Obama non stop
Can you give me 50 clips of Colbert actually making fun of Obama? Because I could give you 100 of Colbert making fun of Trump and he's not even a year in office.

>Yes, he did.

No, he didn't. Again, the only thing that happened was that some Tea Party groups that applied for tax-exempt status were subjected to scrutiny to see if they qualified, and they all ended up qualifying. It's literally just conservatives making a big deal out of nothing.

And Zimmerman did nothing wrong. It was literally just liberals making a big deal out of nothing.

>Can you give me 50 clips of Colbert actually making fun of Obama?
I could easily do that, but then again, whats the point? If I do, youll ask me to show you 100 more.

>Because I could give you 100 of Colbert making fun of Trump and he's not even a year in office.

Thats because Colbert isnt Daily Show, and Trump isnt Obama. Stop moving the goalposts.

The Daily Show was FUNNY.

Colbert isnt FUNNY.

Nah, go for it. Show me 50 clips of Colbert making fun of Obama, especially if it's easy for you. I won't ask for any more beyond the 50.

>nonsensical deflection

This is how you know a conservative has no further argument

Oh, and I went with Colbert because I figured it'd be a little easier, but if you'd rather do 50 clips of Daily Show mocking Obama, that's fine as well. Just don't mix and match and show like 10 from Daily Show and then 40 from Colbert.

Ive already made my point. You dodged my argument and are clinging at the one argument you have, which is completely irrelevant to the point, because either:

>you havent seen Daily Show episodes when Obama was 8 YEARS in office

or

>you know I wont waste my time to prove a point to someone who avoids the actual argument and clings to "proof" in the form of time-costly clip compilation

Again mate. Colbert isnt funny, Daily Show was funny. Obama made for funny comedy when a team of great writers came up with subtle jokes. Trump is cocaine for shitty comedians and normal people alike.

It makes complete logical sense. See >I find it hypocritical that you blindly trust authority when they say Obama did no wrongdoing without even pursuing it legally, but won't accept the court's judgement when they say someone like Zimmerman is clear of wrongdoing after an extensive and exhausting trial.

And I'm not a conservative. I just don't appreciate being lied to, whether it be by conservatives or liberals, and you've been lying and promoting bullshit.

You can either share the clips that you claim exist or you can't because they don't exist.

Again, if you'd rather do Daily Show clips, do Daily Show clips. Just do 50 where they're actually making fun of Obama. Or don't and stop bothering me with pointless (You)'s.

I accept your repetition of the same thing you already posted as conceding the point.

Go watch some Daily Show from 2010 onward. Those were the golden days. You might be pleasantly surprised at how unbiased he actually was.

Have a nice day.