Endtown: So I guess this is it

I missed the last few pages due to work and holy shit, I'm so bummed out right now.

Goodbye Holly ;__;

Though I wonder...did Aaron really plan this out from the start, or did he just toss Holly aside in favor of Kirbee/Wally ship that the readers have been pushing for?

Truth be told, seeing Holly leave hurts but in the end, it was by her own choice. She knows the whole thing isn't real, but to her, it's much preferrable than living in the crapsack real world. Someone once suggested that she may yet return, but considering her decision, and the fact that the ship pretty much sucks people dry...I'm pretty sure this is the last we've seen of her.

What concerns me though, is what will Wally tell to Doc once he inevitably returns to Endtown? Doc pretty much entrusted Holly to him.

>"Hey Doc, about Holly? Yeeaaaah, see, the thing is, she kiiiiind of decided to spend the rest of her life as a living battery for some interdimensional ship in exchange for living in a fantasy world. Sorry."

>>Dreams that dream themselves
Dear god i hate when characters talk like this. Are there people who actually talk like a fucking novel?

>Dreams that dream themselves

That sentence doesn't even make sense.

It's a note. She wrote it. She's not talking. Purple prose is perfectly appropriate from an overwrought rat person writing a goodbye letter.

time to put on Gary Jules' Mad World

Lucid dreaming! You're in a dream where you can make up things whatever you want to dream up.

>Dreams that dream themselves
Holly is starting to sound like Vivec. I like it. In a bout of clarity she makes a hard choice and commits to it. Not too bad. Not bad at all.

>hi I never played morrowind
Plebs

Fuck. That's depressing.

>pleb for not playing or even caring about some overrated piece of shit "fantasy" game

Seems to me like you're the pleb around here.

>Though I wonder...did Aaron really plan this out from the start, or did he just toss Holly aside in favor of Kirbee/Wally ship that the readers have been pushing for?

What you believe depends on if you're a fucking idiot or not.

It's hard to guess at this point, really. Aaron kept saying Wally and Holly will eventually reach their happy ending, but never specified if it will be separately or together. And while he originally planned for Kirbee to be a one-shot character, he took notice of her popularity online and then began saying how he grew fond of her as well all of a sudden, and decided to have her stick around.

You must have illusion(dream) of yourself or else you get stuck into existential crisis.

Its what keeps atheists going besides paradox of nihilism.

>Its what keeps atheists going besides paradox of nihilism.
you don't know how atheists think...

I played it but I didn't get far. If it was remade somewhat and just a little bit easier to play then I'd go for it. I listened to a podcast on it and it sounds exemplary

According to an user awhile back, Holly was meant to die after the Unity arc even before Kirbee became a character and it was going to be a far worse fate than living the rest of her life in an illusion. And to be fair, of all the fates in the Endtown universe this is probably one of the best ways to end up, but man, I wanted them all to make it to the Great Green. which supposedly has dragons and magical shit

When will we get back to the real hero of endtown?

This is fucking miserable, feel bad for Wally

>ship pretty much sucks people dry...

Fuck me, now it's even more depressing. The pain is real.

Yep. She willingly gave herself up just so she can live for however long she has left in a fantasy world. Not sure whether to consider that foolish and selfish, or as Holly understandably giving up after all the shit that happened to her.

Some people suggest that the ship's AI will somehow leave her alive because it has fallen in love with her, but the fact is; those used as batteries for the ship are eventually turned into dead, empty husks. There's no way for the ship to feed off of it's batteries' lifeforce without killing them.

>toss Holly aside in favor of Kirbee/Wally ship that the readers have been pushing for?

This was going to happen, Kirbee or not... the only difference is that Kirbee is now there to prevent Wally from killing himself, She will help Wally move on.

>feel bad for Wally

This, Wally is the real victim here, After all he did to keep Holly safe, She's just giving up on him for an illusion.

Wally was gonna let Phil kill him because he thought Holly was dead, He's gonna be even more devastated when he finds out Holly just to give up on him for her own sake.

>gave*

>After all he did to keep Holly safe, She's just giving up on him for an illusion.
You know what? I never thought about it from this angle. Thank you for cheering me up.

Fuck you Holly!

> There's no way for the ship to feed off of it's batteries' lifeforce without killing them.

Is there any actual suggestion that this is the case? Given that the ship is fuelled by emotional energy released by feelings - something that would happen anyway even if the ship wasn't involved - and that the ship presumably lives a lot longer than any organic lifeform, isn't it more likely that the "husks" simply died of natural causes after living a full life within their dream worlds?

>a full life within their dream worlds?
The ships' been there less than eight years. Someone figured out that the computer's been going through victims at an average rate of one per 3.65 days, probably even shorter because Wally only counted as far as 800 batteries and had mentioned that there were "thousands".

>Fuck you Holly!

Don't get me wrong, i can't exactly blame Holly for making this decision, she is right when she says Wally was not gonna be there to save her all the time, She IS crazy and completely unstable, it was just a matter of time for her to fuck up again and endanger everyone. The main issue is how she's perfectly ok giving all up for this fake life, it feels like she never really cares about what Wally might feel at the end.

I guess i should be glad she's gonna be ok, but i am sad that i will remember her as the selfish person who just took the easy way out, no matter how many people she might have hurt at the end.

Maybe you're just living a dream life in a crashed ship AI.

And you say that's impossible because I live a horrible life.

And I say it might be better than the one you you're truly living.

That doesn't tell us much unless we know the age and size of the captive population.

Well like you said, shes not in a clear state of mind and being swept in an illusion where you live happily with your not dead husband and child would be hard to resist if your desperate enough.

It's true that she quickly brushed Wally aside though.

She may have rightly or wrongly perceived Wally as doing the same thing, especially if she saw one or more of the instances where he kissed Kirbee. Remember it hasn't even been a week since Unity.

>if she saw one or more of the instances where he kissed Kirbee.

That's a big *IF*, though... there's no evidence she has seen them kiss, or that she perceived any sexual tension between the two.

Holly took the blue pill.

Utilitarianism was a mistake.

KEKED BY A LIZARD AND KEKED BY A HOLOGRAM

I don't know about sexual tension, but I always read the final panel here as her starting to feel like she was becoming a spectator to Wally and Kirbee's relationship.

As for the kisses... well, if she was in charge of putting Wally and Kirbee through the ditto flashback, it's entirely possible she was watching them to see what they thought of her younger self, in which case she may well have seen the flying kiss.

It would be interesting if one day we came back to take a lot at exactly what the relationship is between Haunted Ship and Holly. She obviously had enough say so to send Wally away with a letter and supplies.

Anyone want to try and diagnose Holly? I've come to suspect she has Borderline Personality Disorder, at least post-Unity.

BPD symptoms:

>Feeling empty, low self-esteem
(Only one I'm not sure about, unless her statement that she was "Coming apart inside" alluded to this)
>Paranoia or emotional detachment
(definitely the first)
>Anxiety about relationships, efforts to avoid being abandoned
(Possibly worried about how much Wally and Kirbee seem to like each other, fears people have turned against her, projects fear of abandonment onto Clive)
>Impulsive, risky behaviour
(... yes)
>Self-harm, threatening or attempting suicide
(Double yes)
>Anger, moodiness, irritability
(Triple yes)

Often caused by trauma, apparently. Treatment appears to include recognising that one has BPD and what it is, and basically establishing a safe, comfortable routine until you feel better.

>I don't know about sexual tension, but I always read the final panel here as her starting to feel like she was becoming a spectator to Wally and Kirbee's relationship.

they were merely agreeing on things, i guess she did get jealous over them talking, triggered the food trap literally confirms this, also confirms how crazy and compulsive she is.

>As for the kisses... well, if she was in charge of putting Wally and Kirbee through the ditto flashback, it's entirely possible she was watching them to see what they thought of her younger self, in which case she may well have seen the flying kiss.

That's another if, there's also no evidence Holly's the captain of the ship and it's making calls, sounds more like wishful thinking from some people.

I am sure that, instead of spectating, she was having those picnics with her daughter and writing Wally that letter.

>triggering*

>computer, generate a hologram projector programed to generate a second projector that projects the original one onto itself disable safety protocols

Aaron did set up an avenue for Holly to change her mind and show up later as a plot device at the helm of a flying ditto ship

Yeah. KC said something about her previously having an ending that would "make us jump for joy at this one", and since Aaron usually has no compunctions about writing stuff like that, it sounds like her slight reprieve here could quite possibly have been born of Aaron thinking up a use for a living Holly some time down the road.

> “Nothing exists; all is a dream. God—man—the world—the sun, the moon, the wilderness of stars—a dream, all a dream; they have no existence. Nothing exists save empty space—and you!”

i think what he meant to say, is that... the original ending would have been worse or darker than the one we got, maybe not a happy one for holly at all. and that we should be thankful of what we got instead.

So she might have lived either way, this ending just leaves her happy, or at least believing she is?

... In before Aaron only did this so he can shatter her world again some time in the future.

>... In before Aaron only did this so he can shatter her world again some time in the future.

user... she's gone, for good...

You niggas have to accept this.

>Holly
>Literally just as bad as Sarah

Starting to wonder if Aaron's been burned in the past or something...

It's true, CuntyMchateFace.

>abandoned long time boyfriend because something better came along
Thanks for all the love and affection Wally, but fuck you, dis Lyn hologram dick is just too good to pass up!

Because how he handles relationships in the comic?
Because Al and Gustine are just fine.

Maude and her husband were just fine.
Dottie and Walt appear to be just fine.

>Thanks for all the love and affection Wally, but fuck you, dis Lyn hologram dick is just too good to pass up!

Being burned doesn't exclude having had good relationships too, user. Just look at Aaron and Selina right now.

And... are Dottie and Walt even a thing? People seem to assume so but I could swear Aaron's said they're just friends.

>I could swear Aaron's said they're just friends.

they are just friends and room mates... for now.

Rereading the comic now, and Walt and Dottie definitely appear to be more then just buddies.

Jim did nothing wrong
Except leave one lizard left alive

Heh, to think Sarah's still alive... i have a feeling we will see her again once we get back to the Kirbee and Wally adventures.

>"Hah, you guys let your guard down... this is going to be so satisfyi- ... wait, where's the mouse?"

>"She left you for a ditto construct?, Damn... i thought i was cold."

Drunken cucked Jim and Wally giving up on women pic when?

>"So I guess that means the cat's single then."

Pretty sure Aaron confirmed that Sarah is still alive.

i know, that's what i'm saying.

>Sarah left Jim for real lizard cock, and a chance to take control of the lizard colony

>Holly left Wally for a illusion (that she knows is fake) of her former life

Holly is worst than Sarah.

Holly basically flat out dumped him for fake Lyn.
Yeah he is single.

>There are people who say Wally should stay loyal to Holly

>meanwhile Holly is more than likely fucking not Lyn every night

Fuck dat shit. I said I hope Wally returns to Endtown and fucks as many females as he can.

>Fuck dat shit. I said I hope Wally returns to Endtown and fucks as many females as he can.

or even worse, marries Kirbee

I was cheering for Holly to get back on track the whole time... I wanted the two to get back together but I'm gonna just hope Wally moves on.

Holly just decided to ditch a genuinely loving, caring person for Dittos, I guess she's to pity for being so weak but Wally did not deserve a person so blind. I'm sure he still loved her to this point.

The more these threads talk about it, the more it feels like Aaron dropped the ball.

If this is Holly's last page, then Aaron wrote her out in the hackiest way possible.

>I'm sure he still loved her to this point.

He never stopped fighting for Her, He never stopped loving Her, this makes everything more tragic for Him.

He will be completely devastated by her decision, He deserves better.

>If this is Holly's last page

it's not, more answers are coming, that's for sure.

Wally clearly is attracted to the traces of the schoolteacher that he saw in Holly. One can assume he is attracted to that.

Which means that the only thing Kirbee has going for her in Wally's eyes is her phat ass. And the last phat ass in the comic (Flask) ended up being exploded.

In conclusion, we can safely say that Wally will almost certainly come out as gay.

>Wally fought for her
>Wally protected her
>Wally Killed for her
>Wally loved her

Just to get set aside for some dittos... She does not deserve him.

Are you fucking retarded? People literally dream themselves. We're all a product of our own consciousness - everything we are is us telling ourselves it's what we are.

Every piece of identity is cognizance on your part. You're dreaming your reality and your entire being. You could accept or reject any part of yourself at any given moment if you so desired, but you don't, because it's part of the dream.

Most crazy ladies don't deserve the guys they have. But the guys feel so nervous about them jumping off a bridge that they can't bring themselves to leave.

/trash/ thread is still up... just saying

>captain of the ship

You have no idea how funny this is going to be in a few hours...

Hey Kc, any new spoilers?

I checked with Aaron and he is going to discuss the alternate ending in the Patreon Update letter.

There's still a matter of Holly not actually knowing she's a living battery for the ship.

What will happen when she goes to sleep one day and wakes up on her deathbed?

>There's still a matter of Holly not actually knowing she's a living battery for the ship.

>ib4 she actually knows and it's ok with that too

Wally will indeed find someone better.
He will find I.

It's still only a temporary reprieve, though. And if she acknowledges she's going to die, then that's literally suicide.

Somebody post that image with the waifus through the noose again. That's literally Holly.

>Christmas in Endtown is still a go

>Aaron is disappointed that you guys can't accept just MUCH Holly loved Lyn

>Who's that coming down the chimney?

>>Aaron is disappointed that you guys can't accept just MUCH Holly loved Lyn
Meh, they never felt like they had much chemistry to me and Holly always seemed far more focused on pining over her baby than her unmentioned husband.

She loved him so much, she literally ignored all his advices during her pregnancy... i'm sorry, She could have loved him and her child very much, but totally replacing Wally after all he did for what she knows are fake ditto impressions of her former family, is just fucking selfish from her part.

I would have accepted a scenario in which she was tricked into believing they are real, given how broken she is, i can see her totally buying it Instead it was her decision to stay... I wanted to remember Holly as the adorable and fragile mousegirl who stole my heart once. Now... She's the girl who took the easy way our, giving up on the people who tried everything they could to help her.

>out*

I kinda think we might be running into a situation here where Aaron's personal philosophies/metaphysics don't really mesh with those of much of his audience.

Half the problem is that we never got much of Holly's love for Lyn in the first place. All we ever saw of the two was conflict. As says, it felt more like Holly missed her child more than her husband.

>I would have accepted a scenario in which she was tricked into believing they are real
Same here; I'd love to have some insight into what Holly saw, given how the ship was able to run different scenarios simultaneously. For all we know, Holly got to live out her idealized lifestyle while Wally and Co. were sent to the mental gulags.

>ib4 he pulls some bs about holly being the captain of the ship and traveled to a dimension in which lyn and her child are alive.

>"They are real, Now what??"

Well, that's understandable, he can't possibly assumed all of his readers are gonna react the same way and come to the same conclusions, i am sure he knows this well. I don't see why this would upset him, though.

I just can't stop thinking about Wally, i am gonna be very fucking upset if wally takes this cool. He was literally going to commit suicide in unity, just because he thought she was dead. I don't see him go "Well, she's gonna be happy now!" and move one like Aaron apparently wants us to do... He has to be devastated, to the point of schism. This would give Kirbee more purpose at least, to serve as an emotional cushion for Wally.

"I could have warned you, if you had listened. Oh, maybe next time your buddy Marx shows up, ask him why Holly is starving to death in the hold of an alien ship surrounded by corpses and ghosts. Ask him why his pet murderer was worth bending reality to save, but Holly will be I. Her and I, you and I, I and I, I to I, I. I. I. I... soon cat."

"Shall I tell you how she dies?"

"Alone, cat."

"And you will too."

That's much better than mine.

She's not talking she's writing.

Sorry to disappoint him, but maybe he could have shown that better? I can't speak for anyone else, but to myself Holly x Lyn came across more like a young woman marrying an older man out of convenience or something than anything else. Like she was invested in being a housewife (somewhat) and a mother (like crazy) but not necessarily Lyn's wife. Not to the point where she would have ditched him for the pool boy or anything, but she certainly didn't feel like she was head-over-heels in love with the guy.

As it is now, the ending obviously comes across to most people rather differently than he intended it to... unless Aaron can salvage it somehow, that's going to stick, so I hope it doesn't end up as an eternal point of frustration to him.