Shelf Thread!

Collection thread! Post your shelves, stacks and recently acquired comic paraphenialia!

Buy, Trade, Sell (BTS)! If you see something you want, make an offer to trade. Feel free to list some of your own stuff for trade or sale! If you haven't updated your picture recently, quit being lazy and do it!!

Ctrl+F Friendly Edition: Collection, collection, shelf, shelve, acquisitions, stuff, buyfag.

Recent purchases: SoftCover Calvin and Hobbes Complete, Edena, Chaos.

Other urls found in this thread:

instocktrades.com/specials/157/IDW Sale
comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=232741
comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=275405
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2/3

Currently reading: Transmet absolute vol 02 and a bunch of actual books. I'm going to read the first softcover of calvin and hobbes today. Seems fitting for a Sunday

3/3

>shelf with gutter loss
how ironic

REKT

upcoming releases from dc and marvel attached

Are those print run numbers overall, or for variants?

Because some of those numbers don't make a lot of sense.

Shocked the buyfag thread keeps dying so close to Christmas. Just put a bid on Hopeless Maine vol. 1 here. What am I in for? And any recs for fairy centered books I can ask for for Christmas?

Got Sandman 6 and 7 today. Should be getting my Hellboy Library Edition 1, Sandman 8 and Hellblazer 6 next week.

The most recent shit I bought

My next purchases are
>Paper Girls Vol 2
>Deadpool by Posehn & Duggan Omnibus
>100 Bullets Book Two

I don't buy much comics any more and read almost exclusively digitals.

Sorry about image size.

What's with the smiley-skull?

Edena arrived today that I managed to get locally. Also, had to round up the order with a Swampy Funko to qualify for free delivery.

What is King CIty? I see it on a lot of shelves.

Also I wish they'd reprint the stuff of legend omnibus(es?) I keep seeing out of stock for them every time I look. I got my Sweet Tooth deluxes in the other day. IST packed them in the foam pillows, yeeesss.

What I have at the moment. Req me some stuff if you aren't to too busy.

1. Get the rest of Plague of Frogs
2. Get more Hellblazer
3. Get Lucifer, the Sandman spin-off.
4. Sandman Overture, Endless Nights, The Dream Hunters, the Death- stuff.

IST has amazing packaging. Amazon used to, but they have seriously slipped the last few years on packing. I can't believe that bags of air or packing peanuts cost that much.

I hear Goon is usually up Hellboy fans' alley though I haven't read it. Atomic Robo is kinda similar to Hellboy too and it's definitely a fun read though more science than supernatural.

Ditto on Carey's Lucifer. Although I can't say it's similar to what you got Daytripper is a good read for pretty much anybody, imo.

didn't know azarello's WW got an absolute. hmm...

Yeah IST has given me the packing peanuts before but I like the pillows so I know shit won't move. I just wish they'd have a 45% sale on IDW. I need to fill in some of my collections. I kinda want to just pop in over there one day.

>I can't believe that bags of air or packing peanuts cost that much.
it adds up if you send tens of thousands of packages a day world wide and are on a tight profit margin that operates on sheer numbers sold

Missing Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes Vol 1. Just saying.

>I kinda want to just pop in over there one day.
Do they actually have a shop? I thought they just sell online out of a huge warehouse?

instocktrades.com/specials/157/IDW Sale

>instocktrades.com/specials/157/IDW Sale

Yeah I looking into the actual hardcover "IDW Collections" that they put out though. I've managed to get a few here and there at shows for 50% off or more and was hoping to fill in gaps. I didn't notice that American Barbarian before though. I might pick that up. Not nearly as much cool shit as I found last year in their holiday clearance.

I'm missing a lot of the staples. What are the best watchmen and shadman collections, taking price and qualifty into account?

Quality-wise the best way to collect Sandman is the Absolutes, but it's way too expensive for my tastes. Personally I just got it all in trades. The omnibuses are a decent compromise, but again too much for me.

watchmen deluxe edition, shadowman dunno

Meant sandman if that helps. Auto correct. And to everyone, any other must haves? Already have swamp thing at least.

Deluxe for Watchmen and the omnibus for sandman

Those Hellboy Library editions will make everybody jealous and are worth every penny.

Dial H for Hero Deluxe Edition is a good one. It's all in one volume too. You might look into some of Grant Morrison's work like Invisibles, Animal Man and Doom Patrol.

If you can afford them, get the Absolutes (like from IST), if not, next compromise is the Watchmen Deluxe Edition and the Sandman Omnis. Next after that, HCs. There's also a Slipcased Set, but it's all Trades.
All of that only collects the regular Sandman series, so you'll have to pick up Sandman Overture (Deluxe Edition) and Complete Death (Deluxe Edition) to get it all. Or if you went for the Absolutes, pick of Absolute Death of course.

bump

picked up the Calvin and Hobbes collection for $30 off some guy on Craigstlist

Everybody spent all their personal funds on Black Friday sales and won't get their gifts for a few weeks.

Most recent IST haul!

Part of me wants to buy a dozen random trades discounted to 5 bucks on IST, but the other part of me wants to meticulously research and make sure I don't buy shit. What do?

buy like 2 random ones

Read some reviews on amazon, that's what I've been doing. IST has some ridiculously cheap random books right now.

Just came in last night. The top of the spines got a little beat up because Barnes & Noble doesn't know how to handle books properly

and here's my shelf now

Little help? The fact that the first omnibus just says "the first three trades" makes it very confusing for me where the overlap is between that and the complete case files. Plus, it's been a few years, so is it safe to say that there's not going to be a complete case files volume 2? Should I just stick with the omnis?

Anyone here own the Werewolf by Night omnibus?

I just read the Moon Knight issues in the Moon Knight Epic and it seemed pretty interesting

no but I want to. I want to have the Werewolf by night and the Tomb of dracula omnibuses but they are OOP and really expensive

Werewolf by Night isn't OOP.

oh. Its still expensive though!

ToD unfortunately is. Man I would pay extra for those and Eternals to get reprinted.

I have it, the quality is nice. The cover is imprinted with the artwork that is on the dust cover which is neat. I've only read about 8 issues. It's alright, it's nothing spectacular but it was fun to read around Halloween time.

Watchmen Deluxe HC, Sandman..... personally I'd get the trades with the slipcase, i hate giantass heavy books and theyre quuuuiiiite a bit cheaper.

This, the Hellboy library editions are something i want one day because they're amazing, but I'm too poor and too far in on the tpbs to switch over right now.

wait a sec, I have the three vol edition of the complete C&H on my amazon list, is there any major diff between the two sets?

hellboy library editions are amazing and very high quality but the cloth covering is a double edged sword if you own pets of any kind. hair will stick to them like a magnet

My comic shop went out of business last month so i grabbed a lot of stuff. I also had some extra cash at the end of the month so i now have a huge to read stack. But i almost wish i bought more for the last day.

First stack was 30% off and stuff i really wanted. Although i must say I'm a bit dissapointed isln Priest's run on Black Panther but that's cause it was talked up to being the second coming of christ. Green arrow green lantern is fucking amazing though

Second stack on right was 40% off. Retroworld is pretty god damned awesome. Throne of ice not so much

The issues were 25 cents so i was happy to find animal man, which is one of the few nu52 stuff i liked. Top cow stuff is cause it ties into some good sejic stuff and this has some pretty good art. The random pile has amazing art on top, looks like Ryp detail but good.

im not sure. link to the one youre talking about?
I havent read my set yet

This is my 5$ stack. Except tipping point was 20 and fables was 1.

Last day the shop was open and holy shit it was packed a half hour in. Kinda wish i had grabbed some more X-Men or some nu52 green arrow but was worried about funds. As you can tell i am a huge thor fan and Rodi is my second fav author of thor so grabbing two more runs of his was fantastic. Also great to find grell green arrow since he is my second fav dc character followed by

I wished i grabbed some of the Hellblazer before it was sold out but thems the breaks a 5 dollar sale is great but people are going to scoop the good shit at 40-50% off.

Kabuki was sold out as the trade that i really wanted and really bummed i missed that. But at least i got a couple of the issues in well binded book.

Also missed the nikapol trilogy by a day, was going for it at the 40% deal but someone scooped it one day before i got it

Read Kabuki yet? How is it? My site doesn't have scans and it seems like a bit too much of an investment to blind buy.

Oops tipping point was 10. Fucking fantastic book. Anthology beaten only by my sale purchases over the last year, negative burn best of is amazing.

This is my 5-10 dollar books over the last year. Highlights are jordo of course

yeah its over $100 on Amazon here

but the omni is over 1100 pages

I enjoyed the issues I read enough to put it on my to buy eventually list

good haul

Most amazing comic i ever read. But i like new pretentious art far more than house art. If you like Dave McKean you will like Kabuki. Half is an assasin story the other half is self analysis about her finding herself and trying to find out what her dead mother means to her. If you like poetry about being a depressed lost person paired with dave McKean like art it is great. If you like superhero comics it is not for you

Big fan of GA is lemires run any good? Also who wrote that f4?

Not that guy, but I just recently bought the Lemire Green Arrow and it was pretty good. The art was fantastic. I had never read Green Arrow before so I don't know how it stacks up against anything else but I enjoy Lemire/Sorrentino on Old Man Logan so I tried it out. I'm glad I did.

looking good now.

comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=232741

I haven't found anything named complete case files. did you mean the complese cal mcdonald casebook?

comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=275405

that one collects all of that first omni plus stuff that was in 4 dark horse presents issues, I don't know what, but it's obviously bigger. the omni has 392 pages, the casebook has 560 pages. it also says:
>"Features the first Cal McDonald prose novel "Savage Membrane" (originally published by Dark Horse in Criminal Macabre: The Complete Cal McDonald Stories)."
and
>"Supernatural Freak Machine #4 & #5 were published in Criminal Macabre Omnibus Volume 1."
So that's the omni exclusive stories being included in the Casebook too.

That's Lee/Kirby FF

Cool shit

Hmm that may not work for me as a huge GA fan. I love Lemire but only when he can do weird shit like animal man.

That's the exact answer I wasn't hoping for. I really don't need to start /another/ new series right now. Oh well, onto the christmas list it goes.

Well I just bought a shitton of comics on IST. They have some halfway decent books for $1-5.

which ones did you buy, Brian Michael?
don't let me have to pull it out of your nose, man. just post them.

Sorry it isnt for you but that is the best that you spend your time elseware. I will fully admit I love new artsy intropsection stuff. My favorite poem is a long running sentance about a girl in her apartment screaming at a mirror and walking on the broken glass.

post what you bought hombre

>Sorry it isnt for you
I... I thought I was laying on the sarcasm pretty thick there. It sounds fantastic and exactly the sort of comic I'm hoping for.

I read it unsarcastic, too. like you were very disappointed but bought it anyway because you're a decadent hoarder.

Please work on your sarcasm then. Especially if you are a writer.

Should I do it, Sup Forums?

I've never read John's Flash,but i enjoyed Chuck Dixon's Nightwing run.

sure

do it, it's one of the best runs. I'm still flabbergasted that he brought Barry back and skipped all that.

Too high a price. Wait for a sale

I wasn't into Ultimate or Fear Itself, but for $1-2 they have to at least be worth reading once.

Here's what I bought the weekend before. I've spent way too much on comics the last couple weeks, so I'm pretty much done buying for a while. On the plus side, I've got plenty to read.

You have better taste in manga than you do in comics.

>Dixon Nightwing
yuck

Not to sound like an elitist, but I was hoping for some non-capes. There's a ton I kind of want on sale right now, but nothing that I want strongly enough to actually spend money when I should be saving it for presents. And Megami Devices.

They had non-capes on sale too. Just check out their clearance section and sort by price to find the cheapest ones.

Yeah, I meant that I was hoping you had something super cool to strongly recommend. I should really just give up trying to post tonight.

Should I be worried about the Superior Foes omnibus being out of stock on IST?

Should I just plan on waiting for a bit or should I go ahead and pick it up elsewhere (And if so, where?)

You could buy one from Steve's etsy and get a little sketch in it.

>page 10

Recent pick ups.

Finding Yokai for cover price was fantastic. I'm almost complete when it comes to Yojimbo.

As someone who has cats and a dog I can confirm this. But then again everything in my house is always covered in hairs so it's not a big deal.

damn, aren't those $40 each? nice haul in any case.

hello where are the orders

Got these today--already had sinner #2 but my copy is beyond fucked. Nice Breccia backup in there, too. And, finally--I completed my Zero Zero run, one of the greatest "alternative" comics anthologies, bar none.

Also posted this in the last thread, I'm trying not to race through it but it's so damn good and after being left hanging for-what-like three years after MOME finished, the anthology where it was originally serialised, I am incredibly hyped. Shaping up to be the best Fuzz & Pluck comic of 'em all (though Splitsville was amazing and the eponymous first collection (originally serialised in the aforementioned Zero Zero) was great too but this is on another level...I think F & P are my fave comics duo of all time

Posted these before but seeing as how Al Columbia provides the front and back covers for Zero Zero 27 (the last issue) thought i'd post again, the little yellow mini is the second print of his 23 Skidoo. And I fucking love Richard Sala's stuff,even though it's all more-or-less variations on the same theme his art is always worth price of admission

Actually really enjoying Last look, considering I gave away my copy of X'ed Out 'cause I wasn't that into it....

The set cost me $125, half of what I saw on Amazon that evening. I thought it was a reasonable price.

>$125
bargain if in nice condition.