Nick TMNT

So, this show is actually kind of bad, isn't it?

Where do you guys keep coming from What possible entertainment can you get out of antagonizing the chucklefucks around here

Do people here actually like this show?

I see it. It's terrible. Physically painful to watch, the humour is terrible, the plot goes through the window most of the time, April is your Mary Sue of the week, Shinigami makes no fucking sense, Alopex will be in and is not an artic fox, no Koya, the space arc was stupid.
It's all kinds of bad, user.
But I love it

I bet you are some fag that suck the 80's series' big green cocks. The 80's series was a GOD AWFUL adaftation of the comic but pop culture made it "good". The 2003 series was the best adaftation for a kids show you could get. The current series is the midway between 2003's faithfulness to the story and 80's reimaging/humor. The best part about the new show is it is probaly the wierdest cartoon on any major network and it revels in it.

This
IDW's onging comes out once a month, so I watch it out of boredom.
I always thought that people who like 80's cartoon like Nick's cartoon. At least that's what I have seen.

>adaftation
>wierdest
A-user, you might have a problem with your argument...

It's probably the mirage fanboy that hates everything but 2003 and rants about Fred wolf constantly.

I enjoy the show despite its faults, and it did suffer from the change of writers. (Space season had a lot of wasted potiental) But this is my favorite Splinter hands down, and when it's good it's definitely entertaining

This.
Wasted potential is how you describe the series, sadly. Rushed and ,oh, the writers, goodnesses...
I did liked how they handled Leo's change of voice, and how they manage to sneak-in little funny references.
It has humor, it can be funny. It maybe can still be redeemed, it only needs a bit more of though from the writers' part.

Ha ha. One guy says I must be a fred wolf fan, another says I must be a mirage fan who hates fred wolf.

For the record, I am mostly ambivalent to fred wolf. I sometimes watched it when I was younger and understand why it was popular, but feel its time to leave it in the past. I consider the 2003 version the best tv version, but actually like the IDW comics the best. I've only read some early issues of Mirage.

Erm...No one said you were a Fred Wolf fan, confused user-kun...

This guy did:

Does anyone actually watch this show? It's on haitus like 90% of the year

Eh, it's no way in hell as good as 2003, but it can be decent at times when the writers actually give a fuck.

Too bad we have to deal with 80s show pandering up the ass, excessive pop-culture references, animu shit, and Mikey and Casey being borderline braindead.

I do
I liked the first three seasons, but I dislike the 4th season.
It's on hiatus right now, till 2017/

Hiatus again!?
Fuuuuuu-

2003 had it's flaws as well though. Mikey in the later seasons going retard and Fast Forward being the main ones.

>and Mikey and Casey being borderline braindead.

That is what turned me off of the show. I can stand the references but not having a character as enjoyable as Mikey being a full fledge retard.

I actually liked the first season of the show. Nothing great, but decent. The second season already seemed worse though. Villains were mostly a joke, plots were repetitive, humour was not very good.

There were good ideas though. Potential. They kept wasting it though. Plots that went nowhere, characters that were misused and underdeveloped, and every time it seemed like things were starting to pick up it would fall into the same rut again. An example of wasted potential and plots that go nowhere:everything involving Karai.

The season 2 finale was good enough that I gave the show another chance and tried season three. It sucked. It was more of the same only worse.

>kind of

I remember I have read an interesting opinion on Nick's TMNT.
Basically that person said that there are two drawbacks of this adaptation: talentless writters and wanting to be suitable for both young and old audience.
"80's was targeting children, teaching them morals and 2003's cartoon aimed for teenagers, making a great plot with a good action. In short, the first cartoon have created a big universe and the second cartoon have told amazing and moving stories.
Nick have been trying to be suitable for both children and adults. They are creating interesting characters for kids and drama/creepy content for adults.
And it could have worked and it worked well for other shows, but there is one obstacle in our case - bad writters.
They don't understand that cartoons that aim for both young and old audience must have a strong plot, which would be interesting to everyone.
What Auman and Nieli are doing is pretty much mixing two different elements into one mess, which creates an episode with fart jokes and sad drama."

Is that an example, or yfw?

Again? It just came back for 3 episodes!

Okay, how could the series get better?
What could change, how could the characters be developted, etc.
Maybe a writer is browsing Sup Forums and will do something!
Anyhting....

Eh, at least shit like Fast Forward and Back to The Sewers were swept under a rug for Turtles Forever that more than made up for them.

I doubt they will change anything, since the majority of tmnt's fanbase like it.
The only people who don't like it are people from Sup Forums and one russian forum.

It's already too late. The fifth season is being finished and the show will end after that.

I loved the first season. For what it was, they did a good job with the characters and story and actually had some funny jokes. Then for whatever reason everything just plummeted with the second season. Their writing became "butt missiles that fart when they shoot!".

A russian forum? Which, exactly?

I like it. Sure it has its issues, and its lesser compared to other TMNT series. But I still find it enjoyable.

TurtlePower, form what I have seen

I noticed that tmnt is very popular in Russia.

Russia in general seem to be really dedicated to a lot of English media.

More than once I've had to go to Russian sites to get scans of obscure Transformers and Doctor Who stuff.

I think it's becasue both 80's and 2003's cartoons were airing on a lot of channels. So people, who have grown up on them have created a small fanbase. It's really different from western fanbase.
Right now there are some russian studios that translates Mirage/IDW comics.

Yes but I know that a Russian guy make his own tmnt comics and published translated tmnt books there. A lot of western franchises started when USSR was still a thing and a lot of american products were banned or hard to find.

Nah it's the best iteration of the turtles we've had. They do a good job of mixing the silly with the serious and it has an overarching plot.

This is better.

IDW is truly the best.

What if we had a TMNT general?

I think it's already a general thread since few posts.

That's not a cartoon though. I meant cartoons.

It should be a cartoon...Damn it Viacom...

And it should be on Netflix, and aimed at an older audience.

I hope that someday we will get it

Everyone, user. Literally everyone wants an IDW cartoon.

Is this what shitposting being dead inside feels like?
Hiatus fucking suck.

It's not on hiatus, just reruns. They had a 90 minute marathon this morning.

But you know they bought tmnt to selling toys to kids. They're not really interested by the "older audience".

I went to a toy store yestersday and some of the those toys were ridiculous. Really makes you think

Turtles have some really good comics

Yes modern tmnt toys don't have the charm of the old toys

Yes but this mini is not my favorite

Not a fan of the mutanimals. IDW Shredder is the best though.

Best Karai too.

I hope you don't like having him alive around.

I liked watching the first season when it was more light hearted

I know it's less faithful to the comics and such, but still.

I'd say it's more faithful to the 80's cartoon.

The 80's cartoon was everything but faithful to Mirage, tho.

Where exactly?

I hate how they made Kasey a le wacky SO COOL DUDES guy in the space season, and literally the first thing he says after the Earth is destroyed and everyone and everything he's ever known or cared about is killed horribly in a black hole is "THIS IS AWESOME!"

To be fair, he was on a spaceship.

This is sarcasm buy the way. I know on the internet you have to clarify that.

>Hiatus fucking suck.

>3 episodes then 2/3 months hiatus
>because of it season finales and premieres are always a week or 2 apart
how is this going for 5 seasons and how did Nick didn dumped them for streaming only like Korra?

Now that we have INTERESTING eps, they're doing their usual "cg show gets random airings" bullshit again. Goddammit, Nick...

They do that always, user. Everywhere.

What Russian forum?

It's one guy. One guy who is STILL angry about the original TMNT cartoon and anything that references it. He's so angry he makes at least one post a day about it.

This is by far my favorite iteration of the turtles. It certainly has the best Splinter, April, and Leo.

I hope the next TMNT cartoon is cute, fun, fulled with 80s stuff, and makes you absolutely miserable.

The space arc was my favorite arc. Fugitoid was the best.

The 80s series is the only real Ninja Turtles. The comics are angsty shit.

It had potential but it really squandered it. I'm really disappointed because I do like this show. But jeez...

03 > 2K12 > 80s > Fast Forwards > Back to the Shitter

This is the only correct answer.

What about...

Y'know what we should talk about instead? The Technodrome Forums.

She needs another one-shot. second best for me. 2k3 being the best.. because of that damn accent.

Get that shit outta here. Damn shame Archie couldn't handle how the Adventures comic was going. Then later they introduce gay characters and shit into Archie, kill Archie off in a spinoff title, do a fuckin' zombie comic with gore, but oh, hell fuck no, TMNTA is too DARK. They didn't even show when Splinter or Leo killed someone, just them thrusting their weapon off-panel and a couple black ovals with white highlights in midair near the edge to represent blood drops. Fuckin' hypocrites.

You mean the polar opposite of Sup Forums?

Hey I'm in that pic! (Guess who) Can confirm, Karai has a great ass and I'm thankful for it

>Live action
I quite forgot about that since I never ever got to see it since I'm a 90s kid.
Hell I haven't even watched the 80s properly either, but thanks to all the shilling it get's, and judging how both Forever and 2K12 make's fun of it as fuck, I can definitely say it's not all that bad, hence why it comes before FF and Shit.

It's still a piece of shit because it's a show about NINJAS and they are the LEAST badass ninjas I've ever seen period. For fuck sake.

I'm in it for the sneks

Obviously snake

That wouldn't make me miserable since I can just ignore it.

The comics are better anyway.

>I quite forgot about that since I never ever got to see it since I'm a 90s kid.

1. That show was actually from the late 90's.

2. Its available on Netflix (U.S.) if you're curious.

Wait it did? I thought it aired in the 80s? Huh.
Where did it originally air on? Just curious.

You mean the Next Mutation right? That aired on Fox kids.

can't tell if shit taste or

Yes.

I basically only like this show based of nostalgia alone.

Irony.

Fox Kids? How the Hell did I miss that then? Well, ok then, I think I'll go look that shit up then and see what I've missed. Thanks user.

DON'T DO IT! YOU'VE GOT YOUR WHOLE LIFE AHEAD OF YOU!

I wouldn't if I were you. It's bad.

Let's see what you think of...

For you nick fans.

It ran alongside Power Rangers in Space, they even had a crossover.

I feel like the space arc would've been fine if Casey wasn't brought along. He single-handedly ruined it for me.

>tfw you love turtles
>tfw you've never liked a cartoon or a comic

I'm still waiting for the day I get my Mystery Incorporated version of TMNT.

Would.

TMNT 12 is ok, but it ruined a lot of characters.
Especially mad how they changed Hun from such a cool and interesting character to a Bruce Lee knock off. Same with Bishop