Can we all agree that the attempt of a sci-fi renaissance was a complete letdown?

Can we all agree that the attempt of a sci-fi renaissance was a complete letdown?

>Gravity
>new Alien movies
>Childhood's End
>Arrival
>Interstellar
>Life
>The Martian

i'm leaving stuff out but it's all shit anyway, discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oXTX7XULtkg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Arrival was good, fuck you OP.

>Arrival was good,
lmao
LMAO
L M A O

Life aint so bad

The Martian could have been much better if they had made it into a proper 3 hour epic that really takes enough time to make you feel like you're there on Mars, rather than rushing through everything (a fault which the book to some extent shares). But in today's Hollywood, that might be asking for a business impossibility.

wow thats an insightful review. really thought provoking stuff.

literally Alien's plot with Gravity's ending

Life is fucking shit. The movie sucks to.

Or did you already make that joke

Scifi movies aren't mean to be kino or super deep. They're mean to be fun and encouraging. They're meant to show the viewers what we could be doing in a couple of decades.

>The Martian
It was a fun movie. Nice atmosphere, good music. Just all around a nice experience.

>Gravity
Nice visuals, meant to show you the beauty of space

>Life
Just your average scifi-horror flick. Liked the atmosphere.

it really wasn't

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
(laughing at you desu)

>discuss

There have been a bunch of great new sci-fi movies.
The new Aliens movies were shit.
Your taste is shit.
Your opinions are ignorant.

/endiscuss

Sounds fine to me

interstellar was kino

I almost entirely agree besides Arrival, because at least it tried to represent four-dimensional string theory experience accurately. The door it opened in terms of conversation when it had first come out was up there with some of the best in Sci-Fi. We gotta give it brownie points for the ambition

Interstellar was good and persists to be one of my favorite films of the recent years

Arrival and Interstellar were good.
The Martian was fun.

>Conveniently leaves out kino such as The Expanse

Perhaps you are just a pleb, dipshit

Somehow it felt like absolute schlock in the form of NASA propaganda

Felt like I was looking at a pamphlet, or watching one of those 15-minute science videos on permaloop at a space museum, except with a bigger budget

Probably the one of the least rewatchable sci-fi films I’ve ever seen. I hadn’t thought about it until this thread desu

DON’T LET ME LEAVE MURPH

MAYBE LOVE IS THE ONE THING THAT TRANSCENDS TIME AND SPACE

LOOOVVEEEEE

>with Gravity's ending
not really dumbass

The book is somewhat like that as well, but it makes up for it by going into a ton more depth about the science, which is actually pretty interesting. Cause hey, what man isn't curious, in the back of his mind, about how he would survive if stranded on an alien planet?

I think most of the recent good sci-fi films haven't been in space.

>Coherence
>Edge of Tomorrow
>Ex Machina
>Predestination
Moon was alright though.

The Martian = Reddit: The Movie

Arrival and Interstellar were good. The Martian was fun.

Brainlets

>Interstellar were good

Leave this place forever, Interstellar ist one of the worst movies ever made.

did she try saying HU-MAN too?

Holy shit, didn't see your post. Great minds think alike
You have to go back.

>Can we all agree that the attempt of a sci-fi renaissance was a complete letdown?

I don't agree, so apparently not.

>You have to go back.
>for not liking Interreddit

kek

Reddit hates Interstellar, just like you. Because you're a pathetic bandwagoning piece of shit who probably enjoys Marvel movies.

So how does Nolan's cock taste?

and how do you know what reddit hates

>No Beyond the Black Rainbow
>No Under the Skin
>No Moon

this.

Life was good apart from the ending

Stay mad. I bet you guys had to pull out your Android shitphones throughout the whole movie because you're so ADD.
>I don't get it
>What is this love speech?? Is Nolan gay now? Fuck this movie! Love doesn't exist!
>The ending is super unrealistic!! fucking shit film
>I don't get it
>Wait what spaceship is that?
>HAHA MATT DAMON!!! (this is the part where you put down your Galaxy S5 for five minutes while watching your shitty YIFY rip of the movie on your laggy ass HP shitbook with Bose silicone ear rape buds
>The corn disease doesn't make sense!!!
>I can't understand the dialogue (ignoring the shitty rip audio compression)!!!
>DEUS EX REDDIT MACHINA!!!
Honestly fucking kill yourselves interstellar hating redditards.

it wasn't, it was insanely fucking boring

T. Average Nolan fan

good job at picking the worst out there user

>but it's booring
The inevitable cry of the pleb

Nice rebuttal

I didn't get a galaxy s5 until after I saw interstellar, stupid redditor

Nice blog, fgt

>Triggered Nolan tard arguing with his own shitty straw man

we have reached levels of autism etc.

more than half of these were good

>sci-fi renaissance

Dude, it's merely Hollywood trying to make profits.

1/3 is not half, bravosteller sucked as did the martian, although I will say the martian had potential it just failed miserably on every level.

someone calling a movie 'reddit' on Sup Forums is a universal quality proof

No if he picked the 'worst' recent sci-fi passengers should be their

Well, I would rather have Hollywood try to make profits with movies like that instead of degenerate capeshit

Is it just me or is 95% of this board made up of miserable, cynical cunts who hate everything?

That's just how Sup Forums works my friend, your taste will be questioned to eternity and I don't see what's wrong about that.
It's far better than an endless positive circlejerk, this way you actually have to think why do you like something and what your actual taste/opinion is. Yes most of the time it's brainless shitposting (which is easy to spot), but actual criticism is better than any form of a loving approval.

No its just you and your shitty taste. Find a site that enjoys the same crap you do, you'll be a lot happier.

Arrival and Martian got rave reviews but I have zero interest to rewatch them

Interstellar got OK reviews but I've watched it several times, partly for memes, partly for some actually brilliant scenes.

it made me think, but it wasn't good

>brilliant scenes
Like what? I got it for $3 on bluray and haven't rewatched it once, your talking about the wave/time dialation planet aren't you?

Generally yes but I liked The Martian.
Also Interstellar was okay minus the "love conquers all" bullshit.
>inb4 Christopher Nolan is an overrated hack

>Interstellar ist one of the worst movies ever made
aight

>Also Interstellar was okay minus the "love conquers all" bullshit.
Spotted the manchild millennial

but user

>love conquers all
not one astronaut explaining blackholes to another astronaut with the classic pen through paper, while in sight of said blackhole.

BRAVO NOLAN BRAVO

Goddamn that was great, Mute coming soon.

but the 'love conquers all' thing was never a theme in the movie in the first place

did you even watch the movie, or did you just read the shitposting that followed?

If you didn't enjoy The Martian you're just a contrarian faggot.

Trust me faggots you aren't smarter than everyone else, you're just more miserable.

The cornfield chase scene
The entire launch sequence (Cooper leaving home/Earth all at the same time)
The exit out of the atmosphere and the silent space shots
The wormhole scene
The wave scene
The video messages scene
The docking scene

Europa report was a decent space flick.
Does Sup Forums not like it?

Lol read the book sometime kiddo, they fucked up a pretty basic story, user who said it should have been 3hours was right, its suppose to be castaway on mars, not matt damon 'sciences shit'.

If you unironically enjoy lines like "I'm gonna have to science to shit out of this!" then you're a lost cause

So just visual candy? ok nevermind thought you might have found something worthwhile.

I enjoyed it

I can't figure out if I wish the budget was a bit bigger or not. Sometimes I think it would have been cool to see more of Europa, but on the other hand to much money and you get shit like "Life"

Stupid astronauts ruined it for me. Had some interesting ideas

It wasn't bad, that's the only kinda decent sci-fi we're going to get for a while, high concept low budget passion projects. That's ok its what real sci-fi has always been anyway.

God that was cringey

Bravo fgt, please stick to star wars and jjtrek it suits you.

Audio visual candy. And the launch sequence is great mainly because of the editing and the score, no astronaut training bullshit no "i'm too old for this" bullshit.
Same goes for the docking sequence. And the video messages scene is great just solely based on the concept on what it is and the execution elevates it even more.

Also be aware that you missed out on one of the best cinematic experiences of recent times if you haven't watched Interstellar in 70mm analog IMAX. And I hope you didn't made the same mistake with Dunkirk.

>*blocks your path*

*Pulls down pants*

youtube.com/watch?v=oXTX7XULtkg

Really the film didn't do much for me because of botched execution, but the theme is great. It evokes feelings of apprehension, and a sort of perverted beauty to some ancient foreign creature deep under the ice on an airless silent world waiting to meet you or kill you.

I didn't 'miss' anything, I watched it in cinemas and was equally unimpressed, but like I said I bought it cheap thinking maybe I was just tired or something and it might be worth another try, it wasn't its dumb really dumb dressed up as real sci-fi.
Your literally arguing MUH VISUALS that's it, who cares?

>leaves out Ex Machina
I wonder why

>why won't you like my shitty nolanfy please? I have all these fedora pics please?
Sad

I am arguing that it is a great experience, even though it has it fair share of flaws yes.
Too ambitious for it's own good, but the world is a richer place with it made.

At least try to get some OG ones plebbitor

I can help with that

OK, that's nice I glad you enjoyed it, now maybe go watch some real sci-fi, or maybe even read a book. If Nolans shit can encourage people to at least do that then I say Bravo Nolan Bravo

Better

I think Life is the worst movie i've watched this year

everything about it was shit

I'm wondering did you like interstellar? Just curious, their seems to be a correlation between people who like one and hate the other.

This

>maybe go watch some real sci-fi
Pretty sure I saw the majority of the noteable ones , I would happily accept a few reccomandations though

>maybe even read a book.
This is a bit of a stupid thing to say, on the same level of "go watch a film", and there are more bad sci-fi books than there are bad sci-fi films user.

I enjoyed both

Do you watch like 3 films per year?

If you consider interstellar one of the 'notable ones' then you haven't.

Both what? You just said you thought Life was the worst movie you ever saw