Biopics That Should Be Made

Who deserves a major biopic that either doesn't yet have one, only has a bad/mediocre one, or simply needs a new one, Sup Forums?
And who would you cast to play them?
Extra points: Who would you choose as the director, writer, music composer and cinematographer?

My pick:
>Vincent Van Gogh biopic starting Domhnall Gleeson.
>Directed by Paul Thomas Anderson.
>Written by PTA and Charlie Kaufman.
>Music by Ramon Djawadi
>Cinematography by Roger Deakins

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ubTJI_UphPk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_and_the_Doctor
youtube.com/watch?v=bRDSTw6mNwY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_Vincent
lovingvincent.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Van Gogh needs to be played by a black actor.

Who gives a fuck about biopics. They're the most boring genre there is.

>Vincent Van Gogh biopic starting Domhnall Gleeson.
Idris Elba or GTFO

>Implying Kirk Douglas wasn't GOAT van Gogh

Niggers out.

>Van Gogh
>Not played by a Dutch actor
user, I

Leonardo DiCaprio as Paul Watson

Starring Jason Momoa

It's pronounced Van Gah Kah Kah.

Or the most interesting one, depending on whom they are making it of.

Idris Elba as Vincent Van Gogh?
yaaaaaaaaas

It already got made (and it was GOAT).

youtube.com/watch?v=ubTJI_UphPk

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_and_the_Doctor

This. I don't mind historical dramas about a short period of time but most biopics try to cover too much in 2-3 hours and fail to make a consistently compelling story or fuck about with the facts so much it's too distracting to anyone whos watching as a fan of the subject.

Though I'm happy to be proved wrong, pls post good biopics

>autistic screech

kino

Is like to see something about the short life of this sad lad.

*I'd

Keanu Reeves as John Calvin

Biopics and movies inspired from real dramatic events should not be made because they are oscar bait and require no actual creativity.

I miss this.

This episode was absolutely embarrassing to watch. The ending is very emotionally manipulative indeed but the meat of the episode (fighting an invisible demon) was childish and stupid. Absolute reddit tier

I think someone could make a good Amadeus-type movie, as in not strictly factual about Van Gogh and Gauguin in Arles.

>the meat of the episode was fighting an invisible alien
Clearly you didn't understand the episode or the metaphorical significance of the invisible alien

Him as Moot

youtube.com/watch?v=bRDSTw6mNwY

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_Vincent

Film about fighter pilot and general badass Robin Olds, who was an ace in both World War II and later on in Vietnam. He was in total a triple ace and was known for his maverick persona (such telling the President to his face to win the goddamn Vietnam War already instead of having to internal pressure, growing a badass mustache against regulations, leading a crazy-cool op to shoot down Russian MiGs by disguising his fighters as bombers, smoking like a chimney and drinking so much that it likely caused him to lose out on promotions past Brigadier General in his later career) and is widely regarded as the best wing commander of the Vietnam War, period. He also had an interesting personal life, having been married to a famous film actress and before that being a star athlete in high school and college. Robin Olds was basically a real-life action star and the absolute definition of manliness and coolness all in one.

Tom Hardy to play him, obviously.

I have good news buddy:

lovingvincent.com/

Kind of gimmicky but I like the idea anyway

if you're interested in impressionist painters who've lived in southern France, this got made last year, it's about Paul Cézanne and Emile Zola's friendship.

That's some top notch casting. I have no idea who the guy is, but there's definitely a resemblance.

>missing the blatant meaning behind a man with depression fighting a beast no one can see

>Domhnall Gleeson
Is he a good person?
I have this pathological hate for him embedded in me and I don't know why.

Lust for Life was pretty good

Thanks user, Cezanne is one of my favourite painters

He seems affable like his Dad Brendan.

Curran is best Vincent.

Joaquin Phoenix as Charles Manson

Domhnall Gleeson as Aphex Twin

Nah

Is it worth watching?

> not posting the true charmanson actor

Where's my 5 hour epic of Napoleon?

Joaquin Phoenix as Richard Stallman.

lol fpbp

Domhnall Gleeson CAN'T act to save his life, we don't need him in a biopic just let him stay in star wars as autistic hitler

There's also a movie about Schiele but I haven't seen it

>Written by Kaufman

Kaufman is great but I cant see him write a good biopic about a historical character

But OP, Van Gogh already has a great biopic. I like Gleeson but he's no Kirk Douglas.

General William Tecumseh Sherman.