Is this actually good or just proto tumblrella: the show?

Is this actually good or just proto tumblrella: the show?

Other urls found in this thread:

torrent.cd/2ad5e2c91cabad928d0ac7fdd579eea63bb33b50/Daria Restoration Project TV Complete.torrent
youtu.be/FAbmu30M2hk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's Mike Judge, of course its good.

it's fucking great

Miminal mike judge, but yeah it's great. I hear the soundtrack got raped on DVDs though.

I don't remember

Jake ruined it desu senpai baka

It's a great show. I prefer it to B&B.

Looks like they ripped off that asian chick from BoJack.

If it aired today would it be denounced as a r*ddit show?

>Bojack

fuck off back to plebbit with your preb tier trash shows

Probably feminist SJW bullshit as well.

It's neither. It's ok enough to watch if there's nothing else on, but there's no reason to care enough about it that you go out of your way to watch it.

>dates her best friends ex bf

wtf was her problem?

>wtf was her problem?
APD, SPD, depression, you name it

It's fucking great.

Yes it would.

It's both.

And to be more exact: it starts out good, becomes great - but then completely faceplants in the end.

Having Jane and Daria fight over a boy was a mistake.

What the fuck isn't these days?

it's pretty shitty

I liked Downtown more

Bojack

Your wife's black son you faggot reddicuck, now go back.

There's this thing called Daria restoration project and it replaced the generic songs with all the original music in dvdrips.

well thats fucking awesome

torrent.cd/2ad5e2c91cabad928d0ac7fdd579eea63bb33b50/Daria Restoration Project TV Complete.torrent

Here you go

its 90s-kidlosophy. Think Feed or ALbert Camus the myth of sisyphus

Did Mike Judge have anything to do with Daria though?
It doesn't suck, so he probably didn't.

Don't understand the love. There is a lot of bad writing and annoying characters, and what's good could probably fit in a single season.

I hate this opinion. Beavis and Butthead is actually funny.

I mean in a sense it is but more in the attitude of tumblr types

Daria never went out of her way to defend and denounce people like what sjw's do. She would constantly denounce the black chick and call out her non-existence complaints with america, Critique and always kinda avoid talking about jane's post modern art cause she saw its bullshot. I think the only thing of note was her hard shilling towards college and pushing jane to go to an art college.

It's great deconstruction of filler character heavily ties into further sowing darias brash attitude. In season one characters like kevin, Brittany, quin, stacey etc were all played up for laughs and one notes for daria's mocks to rebound but as the series progresses it slowly does a 180 with the viewer questioning darias actions towards her peers who are capable and social as apposed to her. She envies the thought of being the popular girl, doing things that will excel her to great heights but her overthinking and rebellious nature constantly brings her down. She's in her own little world she made it up that revolves around her, hence the title daria.

She's proto-tumblr like the way some people think they're the smart and everyone else is dull and average, going against the current for the sake of standing out.

Yes, Sup Forumstard, it's a reddit tumblr SJW meme (show)))))). Don't watch it.

>tfw no daria gf

things with clever, original writing that doesnt rely on tired cliches and white boy """philosophy"""?

It's a good show

it's a parody of angsty teens

More like proto fem-user the show.
If it aired today I feel like it would be significantly different. It was very much a product of it's time.

gross

In half the episodes Daria was right.
In the other half it's clear she was being a giant cunt that was shitting on others for no reason at all like the immature, insecure brat she was.

So really it struck a pretty decent balance.

It's actually good, and it's not very tumbler. Daria mocks the tumblerite characters as much as anyone else. And as the seasons go on, Daria slowly realizes that she's not this perfect enlightened individual but as much of an ignorant teenager as everyone else is.

Of course, most of millennials that talk about it have never seen more than a handful of episodes and don't get any of that

It wouldn't get aired today because Daria would have to be an unmarketable /our girl/. An intelligent, but unambitious wallflower, standing outside the other cliqs who would callout the hypocrisy of SJWs.
The soundtrack would blow too.

I imagine you could take all the credits songs from MDE: World Peace and use them in Daria. Same "alternative" vibe.

>The soundtrack would blow too.
the greatest crime

mde's youtube soundttracks are more alternative tee bee ayche

Woops forgot to post the song I actually had in mind specifically

youtu.be/FAbmu30M2hk

Yeah that's true but Daria was never much of an electronic music sorta chick

It's edgy nihilist teenager in the 90s, has nothing to do with tumblr culture.

>who would callout the hypocrisy of SJWs

It's sad how you guys have to view art through the lens of your whiny alt-right politics. If Daria actually existed in the world she would have to deal with Kekistannis such as yourself making assumptions about her. She would definitely be relegated to the dyke, SJW-type kids in school. And she would be a lot smarter than them, just like in the show. But at least they wouldn't want to talk about Jordan Peterson and Antifa. She could appreciate that.

I tried the first couple of episodes but found it unbearable. Does it get better?

I am canadian.
You dont understand how much I would hear this shit all through school.
I got drunk constantly because every subject had to have a political left view.
Wanna talk guns? guns are bad.
Dont like a kid who happens to be non white? racist.
Like america for its quaint rural america, almost hitler tier.
Like video game? wanna be school shooter who thinks all women should wear thongs and nothing else.
Like women? rapist.
Dont like being fat or fat people? body shaming.
I gotta get drunk just to talk to people and it always go back to left or right shite.
Fuck me mate.

Daria deliberately seeks out stuff that would be called triggering today for the sheer shock value, she's not any of the toxic archetypes that drove all the good ones extinct.

We were actually happy in the 90's, user. The music was just to get girls to fuck us because they thought we were sad and needed someone to love. We hadn't discovered touching a drunk girl dancing to trap music with an erection was the cheat code for sex.

>The music was just to get girls to fuck us because they thought we were sad and needed someone to love

People like you are why Cobain blew his brains out

>Not wanting to talk about Jordan Peterson
The fuck is wrong with them?

>Sup Forumstards
>minorities and whiteknights raging to tip the rights scales past equality, instead being thankful for the opportunities they can have if they apply themselves
>Chads and Staceys
All oblique to her.
She wouldn't be relegated to the dyke, SJW-types. She'd just get on with her own business, and deride that kind of shit.

Good riddance.

Super fucking stoked we made it through those dark ages and bullshit like that is now obscure dad stage acts at skate rat county fairs where it belongs.

It's called swagger, boys, see if Tay can spare you a truckload or two.

I'm not big on grunge or the buttrock that followed but using music as a crutch for your lack of sex appeal is lame

She'd get accidentally redpilled at some point and be unable to find satisfaction in pretending she still doesn't care, information was much harder to come by before smartphones. She'd either mindbreak and go Quinn, have a psychotic episode and reenact a Sick, Sad World episode on some girl's face with a cafeteria spoon or, worst timeline, SJW.

Also, Daria would be a lame melvin by today's standards if she were dropped here without being corrupted. She never spent eight hours a day on the internet in her "life" as a cartoon character. She'd frankly seem a little retarded with her inability to keep pace with quick quipping and dank memery. Bitch be laconic, yo.

Oh, and using slightly out of character mannerisms for any reason? Now she thinks you're a total fake poseur. People didn't use to flap their hands and imitate all their favorite lines from their favorite TV shows just like the characters.

Yeah, it drives all the girls wild when I bump that hard, driving, throbbing Taylor Swi- actually, fuck, that's exactly what her new shit sounds like. The woman is a musical chameleon and national treasure.

Of course!

Any good 34 of Daria with hairy legs and pits?

Mike Judge just gave them the go ahead to use his characters, he had no involvement in the creative process.

Beavis and Butthead was better but Daria is distilled 90s bliss.

sheeeeeeiiiiit awesome m8

If Daria actually existed, she still wouldn't pity fuck you for a lame duck white knight attempt.

Gen X despondent, irrelevant, completely self absorbed shit.

So she is the modern tumblarina but with less narcissism, hubris and mental illness and more actual friends ?

I'll watch a few episodes

>tfw no jane gf

Underrated post. But I think you are wrong about her "rebellious nature". To me it felt like - especially as the series went on - that she was being edgy just for the heck of it.

Like you wrote, she became the joke of her own show, which is pretty sad. Maybe they shouldn't have split the original Daria into two: nuDaria and Jane. But instead invent a better foil for her to begin with.

Jake was best boy

There's a gangbang video with roxanne rae as daria

Jane best girl

Lemme write a premis for an episode
>Daria gets interested in a guy completely like her in every aspect
>it turns out he's a literally massive faggot
>symbolically this means everyone like Daria is a massive faggot

Jane is indeed best girl

Jordan Peterson is amazing desu

>so euphorically enlightened by his own intelligence that he cries at his own words when he talks
>amazing
get that shit outta here

This

my goodness she's perfect

when did he cry?

You can't even begin to fathom that a beautiful idea can make a man cry,now go and pretend to be "masculine" somewhere else you absolute cucks.

>le psychologist man
Pseudoscience.

It's a bit cliche... Well let me rephrase, the characters in her high school are all very cliche. But the show is fun, if you can find a good quality rip please link... It was funny, had it's moments especially in the later episodes. Continuity, and story lines pick up later in the series.

Glenn Eichler created Daria for Beavis and Butthead and Judge, as part of his late 90s feud with MTV legally waived all rights and claims to Daria in exchange for MTV agreeing not to use his name to shill the series.

yeah it's a good show
quinn best girl

>we should stick to tradition because it has worked in the past and has never caused a problem
>atheism is the cause of the fall of the western world
>truisms

This.

that purse does not match jane at all, the fuck was this dumb cunt thinking

fashion club was comedy gold