Gotlib is dead

Gotlib is dead
lepoint.fr/livres/gotlib-le-pere-de-gai-luron-est-decede-04-12-2016-2087937_37.php

fuck you Stan Lee

Who?

F
French comic guy.

Le Point? What the hell is that?

Legendary french comic artist and writer, who spearheaded the movement from french comics from children stuff to adult entertainment. He will be sorely missed.

Sticky when?

I was delighted to see a Gotlib thread for once, but then I read the OP. Sad to hear he's gone. I never got to see a lot of his works, most of his stuff doesn't seem to get translations outside France.

F

I imagine Gotlib being pretty damn hard to translate, so it's understandable.

I admit that I have little knowledge and experience of his work outside of the Super Dupont stuff that has been storytimed here on Sup Forums, but it's sad to know that a comic artist/writer(and probably great person) has left this world.

Rest In Peace

no
No
NO

fuck.

Gotlib storytimes are limited here because they are either
- extremely text heavy
- too nsfw for americans
Often both.

One day, I hope we can get more translations of his work.

What a shame.

F

MODS STICKY THIS !

Mon dieu.

I thought he was dead already.

F

He was France's Harvey Kurtzman. Very sad news, but at least he left behind a fantastic body of work.

F

He hadn't drawn in a long while although he created Fluide Glacial and still was keeping a distant eye on it.

What if Lucky Luke was a spaghetti western?

>cheri

FUCK

I am seriously upset. His inks were amazing.

At least he and Goscinny are together again.

On that note, I wish someone would rip the intégrale edition of Dingodossiers. The scans available now are deplorable.

Same with this.

>Gotlib declared that if the Dingodossiers series hadn't existed, maybe he would not have not created (Rubrique-à-Brac).

This is great

>cheri

Why are there never threads about French and Belgian artists on Sup Forums? I don't care about american shit.

RIP Gotlib ;_;

(1/6)

(2/6)

(3/6)

(4/6)

(5/6)

(6/6)

I'm gonna miss him. ;_;

Read a lot of Gotlib growing up even though I was too young to get the jokes and all the sex. RIP. Why no sticky?

There actually was a huge thread about franco-belgian comics not that long ago with charts and stuff.

F

Goodnight sweet prince

Fuck

Thanks whoever is dumping all this Gotlib stuff. Some is new for me, others I have seen before but didn't know it was Gotlib.

Like with too many things, I learn to to truly appreciate it when it's gone.

Damn, he will be missed.

>Why no sticky?
Most people here are american and probably don't know him.

I love this gag so much, even if it is extremely simple. The whole variation on a theme that gets more and more and more ludicrous is great. He had another similar one about the woodcutter who sawed off the branch he was sitting on.

if you want to get the "joke", it goes something like this. Second to last panel:
- Eh, about damn time!
Last panel:
- Note, for the sake of comprehension, it should be said that this: (kanji) ... is a popular Japanese expression meaning: "Joe, bring me a scotch".

petit blanc sec is "small dry white", as in a shot of dry white wine.

Does someone have "La Mort et le D.D.B." in English?

ah, found it.

>Most people here are american and probably don't know him.

or in other words: because mods are fags.

Nobody. Go back to Batman and Superman

I love it when Gotlib takes a simple gag and just runs with it until it is completely destroyed. The gag itself sort fo becomes an anti-gag because of how ridiculous it gets.

>there are people on this board right now who won't get humor at the 5824th degree
It's pretty sad

Gotlib taught me how to draw.

Ahah oh putain.
That shit is gold!

fuck it. Storytime. Yes, I know it is the only Gotlib book that gets storytimed, but there's not much else translated, is there?

Fucking brilliant

Au revoir Papi Pervert

>la vache qui rit
Every damn time.

Stop this madman!

Trivia note: Gotlib's two detective characters were modeled after himself and fellow cartoonist Gébé.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!

The original graffiti just said "I love pipes", which is an euphemism in French for homos sucking dicks.

Fuck you Stan

F

I don't get it.

>man sodomizes german shepherd in front of his 8 children
>man sodomized by his 8 children in front of his german shepherd
>man sodomizes himself in front of his 8 children and his german shepherd

uh, okay.

The punchlines are reaction image gold.

I wonder if anyone here has heard of that saying about showing your stamp collection.

Feel free to crop some of them if you want to. We need more.

fuck, forgot image. I'm so absent minded these days

and the two recurring suspects were also colleagues: the innocent one, Aristidès Othon Frédéric Wilfrid, was Fred, creator of Philemon, and the eternal culprit, Blondeaux Georges Jacques Babylas, was Goscinny of Asterix fame.

Etchings.

The kid played hanky panky with a girl and Pops got it on camera; he's blackmailing the kid with sending the photos to his parents.

This has to be my favourite page by far.

He's gone too far!

Thanks for dumping.

Honestly, pervert pappy isn't his best work. The art is 10/10 as always but the humor itself is a little too simple, unlike in his other comics.

>hanky panky
Is that the English phrase for that?

F

I know, but fuck all else is scanlated. And on that note, if anyone wants to scanlate any of his other books, but needs better quality scans, I'd be willing to buy and scan them.

I know that no one will bother, but just saying for the record.

>last strip
>thanos.jpg