Superman's new origin?

Is he right, Sup Forums?
Should Superman's origin be updated so that he's raised by a progressive family in the city instead of on a farm by bigoted farmers?

> this thread again

Fuck off.

Nah, he should never be Krypton
instead his power come from magic

The Kents had a Black farmhand that Clark thought of as a big brother. It was J'onn in disguise seeing how he Clark is being raised

>It's a "Waid says something stupid on Twitter" episode again

I get what he's saying, in that, no- rural America isnt the only "wholesome" place to be raised. There are families w/ values in the city, yada yada yada. But narratively, the origin works in that young Clark is raised sort of apart from the world. Or at least, in an idyllic, quaint place, before entering the larger world of the hustle and bustle of the city. It also sort of mirrors the Krypton>Earth journey

What happened to him? He wasn't this bad during Daredevil...or maybe I didn't notice. I really don't want him coming back to DC if he's developed a hatred for white people.

Waid is salty because he'll never write for DC again.

Can't black people be farmers too?

Meh, Waid's just lashing out. He'll mellow out.

Reminder that Mark Waid is banned from DC HQ and was barred from writing Superman.

This is probably why.

Hopefully.

Statistics

What book? I like that idea a lot.

He's gotten meaner since Strange Fruit.

I wonder what he'd say if you quoted some "problematic" statistics to him, like crime rates by ethnicity

That fan has such a dismissive and downright offensive point of view. "Rural American's can't have or teach real values" what a fucking tool.

I can't believe this is the same guy who wrote Kingdom Come.

Mark Waid truly is a strange fruit.

The best thing about the "Waid embarass himself show" is that you don't have to wait too much between the episodes

And that was the part where somebody pointed that statistically, 40%-49% people didn't vote for the candidate he hates and shouldn't be held to account to the +51% that did, right?

Because shit man.

Kingdom Come was all about Waid and Ross whining about how things weren't going in a direction they liked

>Rural American's can't have or teach real values
But that's not what he's really saying m8, it's something more along the lines of

>taking someone who has a therapist seriously

Yes, but they left with everyone else when the jobs went into the cities and there wasn't a need for as many farmhands or farms to produce the same crop.

There used to be black coal miners too in Appalachia, same reason why they aren't around any more.

I hate how every city in DC now has to be the same shit, Gotham used yo be a city with a mostly Catholic and orthodox European migration and the big minority were Chinese and Japanese. Nothing good wrong with that. Different cities have different populations.

>Liberals say racism statistics about the midwest are valid but are dismissal of minority crime statistics

Really makes you think

I imagine Trump is going to be a minor example of how a lot of right wing writers went absolutely apeshit after 9/11.

No. The farm is one of the biggest parts of Superman's iconography.

If they want to inject more of the reality of living in the middle of nowhere on a failing family farm I'm down. If they want to acknowledge how culturally insular rural areas in flyovers states can be then go right ahead. If they want to make Superman a bit of a hick till he travels more and goes to college, I'm good with that too.

But don't take Kansas and don't take the farm.

Fuck you.

Based Didio won't let it happen.

It also treated the established characters poorly and was contrived as fuck.

Blocked :)

Yeah then kill off his family and turn him into Batman lmao

I dunno,
>Abandon the idea that his rural american upbringing taught him "values"

The quotation marks around values and the specific wording really sounds more like a negative view on rural american's rather than a positive view on other lifestyles.

>someone tweeted something so let's secretly have a Sup Forums thread

He's banned because he said mean things about Bob Harras which were absolutely 100% true.

>being so buttblasted by the voting patterns of Kansas that you want to change fucking Superman's origin story
wew lad

It'll always be weird to me that Batman let his granddaughter become spoiled brat like everyone else.

So a little white kid being raised where? Detroit!?
Sure, that will yield a well-rounded, sympathetic and empathetic personality for Clark.
But it wouldn't be "Clark" would it?
It would be Clavarius. Or Claquan. Or DeClarke

He is banned because DChads don't want a whiny crybaby in their offices.

The real weird thing about Bruce in KC is the fact that he transformed Gotham into a police state with his Bat-Robots and even normal citizens lived with constant fear. What kind of Batman is that?

And in his secret identity he should be a young lad with no apparent superpowers, who says a magic code word to transform into his superhero form. What a novel idea!

He should have Jr. or Third somewhere in name.

Yes, I want Superman to be a faggot entitled millennial with zero work ethic. That will make his character more accessible.

Fascist wet dream?
My God, Dobson was right!

Wouldn't mind. I'd like to see a Superman raised there that just robs everyone and beats up cops.

A fat balding whinny sjw.

That's a dumb idea for a lot of reasons. Like "no one noticing a spaceship crashing in the middle of a city" or Waid's own idea that rural America has no blacks.

He'd be raised by Ma Kent and about three aunties. No Pa Kent.

An accurate Batman

So Gotham used to be Pittsburgh?

Is Gods and Monsters Supes origin story acceptable as an alternative?

He wasn't raised by white people after all.

It's going to be a shitshow because after 9/11 all the right wingers went insane, but people to this day defend them, while SJWs losing their shit is going to be harped on by Repubs for fucking ever.

Hell, they're doing it right now. Look at how they keep talking about how the "Not Muh President" retards are somehow the face of the left and that the left is "doubling down" on social justice, when we had at least 4 years of complaining about how Obama was "Not My President" and the Dems outside the Hillary campaign have been talking about how the Social Justice types fucked up the whole party.

Retards like Waid need to realize that they're just sabotaging everybody else with their little tantrums. If I didn't know they were stupid I'd almost think that they do it on purpose.

Dude the Illinois county where my mom's family runs their farm has a 99% white population.

Now like points out, that wasn't always the case, but the county as a whole has a total population of like 35-40,000 people. Everyone's left except for the families who have been there for literally over a hundred years.

Tumblr leave

It's almost like 9/11 was worth losing your shit over, and muh feelings aren't

Fuck no. Batman would never make an innocent family live in fear. He stops people who pull that shit.

It's like Superman giving up on the world after Lois' death all because people acquitted and cheered the guy had avenged Lois and killed the Joker.

Or Wonder Woman being a disgraced amazon who failed in her mission to turn the world into a better place and needing Superman to do her job for her. instead of doing on her own.

>"Not Muh President" retards are somehow the face of the left

They are. That's the liberal party now.

Even though the GOP is mired in a lot of shit with people trying to ingratiate themselves to Trump, there are a LOT of younger Republican representatives, governors and senators with a pretty broad range of perspectives and ideas about where to take the party.

Almost all of the Democrat leadership is over 70 years old and either from the urban northeast or California.

3 fathers and 3 half siblings.

New York got the darkies, Jews and protestants, Gotham a city port in New Jersey got the Russians, poles, Greeks, Italians, Irish, and Asians. And that was fine

No.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Why is that such a hard concept to understand for most people?

bizarro frank miller

Except it wasn't at all. The reaction to 9/11 was a massive fuckup that did more damage to the country than a couple of buildings falling down ever could.

Sorry, but turning into a collapsing police state at constant war with the entire world because NEVAR FORGET wasn't worth it.

I don't like that idea. They shouldn't clutter up origins and popular storylines by retroactively shoehorning in cameos and connections. Keep it simple.

The point of landing in Kansas is that only the Kents see the Rocket.Plus it was easy to pretend Martha was pregnant because the population was sparse.

A city ruins the anonymity of Clarks upbringing.

How quickly your tune changes.
>We should support Bush unconditionally because he is our president and anyone who doesn't is a traitor!
>BARRACK HUSSEIN OBUMMER IS NOT MUH PRESIDENT HE IS A MUDSLIME
>We should support Trump unconditionally because he is our president and anyone who doesn't is a SJW!

And I say that as someone who voted for Trump.

I look forward to seeing what the Party of No can pass as actual legislation.

This was Ostrander's Martian Manhunter run, though I don't remember the issue. Read it, it's great. Jonn knew a very powerful Kryptonian child landed on earth and he wanted to make certain it was raised correctly.

And he transforms when he calls some kind of spell, brillant!

>And I say that as someone who voted for Trump.
So, legitimate question: How do you feel about Trump's cabinet appointments so far? Do you think he'll deliver the reason you voted for him?

It's called learning from your losses. Something liberal ideals obviously don't teach.

Now you know why there was once an editorial mandate that Ward would never write Superman.

This is true for a few reasons. One of them is the Tea Party, which upturned a lot of the Republican establishment in favor of fresh blood. Don't forget, the Republicans were in complete disarray after Obama's first and second elections, and right up until the primaries blew up in their faces. They opposed Trump up until he actually won.

Meanwhile the establishment Democrats, with their hard Right economic stances and ties to financial institutions, have had a stranglehold on their party with relatively little loss of control. Their focus on coastal elites lost them favor in the heartland, which means they lost tons of down-ballot races and local politicians. So while the Hillary Dems may be safe in California with their massive amounts of votes, without actually paying attention to the rest of the country they lose almost all influence.

Granted that's not taking into account Gerrymandering, which yes, has fucked up a lot of things, but is unfixable without addressing the solvable issues first.

>WE WUZ KRYPTIONS N SHIT

I used to think Mark Waid was such a bro because of his comics but I'm dissapointed to find out we just have an old out of touch entitled weak-willed cuck that is fine soapboxing in his official hugbox online. God I hate him....

Wow, didnt know Mark Waid is such a cuck.

As far as I'm concerned the whole Legislative body grinding to a halt in a stalemate against each other and the executive branch is a feature of our Federalist system of our government. Not a bug. I was a Never-Trumper who voted third party so I hope that his stupid protectionist trade tariffs get stonewalled in congress.

That meme doesn't work in this context at all

mfw

Is anyone surprised? Even when he got to update Wally's origins back in 90s, he established that his white family was awful and he hated living in Nebraska, completely retconned out New Teen Titans and made him admit he was never a conservative at all. Hell, he made his best friend a SJW reformed rogue and his wife Korean-American.

You are all just noticing this because of Twitter made him more vocal than ever, nothing more.

>I hope that his stupid protectionist trade tariffs get stonewalled in congress.
>disagreeing with Trump on the ONLY issue he's right on

I seriously hope you die in agony very soon.

Why is Superman considered white? He is an alien being.

>hurr durr its it his skin
The star his planet orbits was red meaning its UV concentration is far lower than our sun thus land basd creatures would paler skin colorations.

All of those things are reasonable and were well-written for the most part.

Yeah living in bum-fuck nowhere Midwest sucks for some people, there are people unhappy with their surroundings regardless of where you are. Linda is a great character and their relationship was a really good example of how to handle a long-term, serious marriage for a superhero character.

>Communism is right
How left has Murika since?

Not being able to pass a fucking budget is a bad thing, given that one needs to be done every year. Being Ted Cruz and shutting things down for your own grandstanding ego when your colleagues are capable of and want to make deals is a bad thing. Making up some new 'rule' about when the sitting President doesn't get a nomination even looked at is a bad thing.

>you have disagreements with me on the role trade has in impacting the economy
>therefore you should die horribly

Well at least I didn't get called a homophobic racist for once.

>Statistics

The moment you bring up statistics is the moment you've stopped seeing people as people and throw your lot in with the folk who say "statistically black people are dumber than white people"

*sunk

Clevarius Kentatronic the Third.
I want this threat to turn into a Key and Peele sketch

>NOT MUH PRESIDENT
How many dozens of conservative celebrities and congresspeople said this?

A superhero with insane super power growing up in a culture where every man is entitled to his own?

I thought injustice already did that.

Pre-crisis Wally was an out conservative with "white values" who hated comms with a burning passion. He may have updated his origins for better but he clearly did it to fit in with his own personal beliefs.

>so I hope that his stupid protectionist trade tariffs get stonewalled in congress.

Fucking retard. His trade policies were the biggest thing Trump was completely correct on. Gutting your own country to line the pockets of the wealthy is criminal.

You must not remember the Bush years. The Republicans are VERY good at passing legislation they want. They just refused to pass any legislation for the last eight years.

Let's use feelings instead?

>be a Kansas farmer
>build a house of wood
>a twister destroys it
>build a new house of wood
>a twister destroys it
>a twister destroys it
>a twister destroys it
>and so on
I can understand Waid's opinion. I mean, what kind of idiots ignore the existence of stone, brick, concrete, and other house building materials?

Sure it is comics and cartoons in here.

The point of him being raised in the country is that it keeps him far from the public eye until he's an adult. So all his little mistakes and mishaps don't get found out by some kid with a cellphone.

A City doesn't work the same. If you're that upset, then just have him be raised in some other rural or out of the way part of the world.

I'd be down with fucking rice farmer Superman,