Why do Marvel comics aimed at female audiences look like generic webcomics?

Why do Marvel comics aimed at female audiences look like generic webcomics?

Is there a thing about girls liking things that suck or what?

Did the author/artist do something else before? Is it different?

The funny thing is that the same artist from Gwenpool worked on Power Pack and that shit looked miles better than OP pic

The backgrounds look like pre made Adobe Illustrator backgrounds, like computer perfect/boring.

>gurihiru
>generic webcomic

>generic boring colors.
>generic pencils on backgrounds.
>generic inking on backgrounds and characters.
>Everything looks too clean and clinic like made by a robot.
>Even Squirrel Girls looks more liek a comic drawin by a human with its inperfections.
>Even this by the same person looks way better.

I meant Gurihuru on Gwenpool

In the case of Squirrel Girl, it's because they literally hired a webcomic artist. She used to draw Guilded Age. Her Squirrel Girl design is exactly the same as the warrior chick from Guilded Age, just with slightly different hair.

>if I call everything generic maybe people won't notice I don't have an argument
>I'm upset that a page with just two people talking is less dynamic than a big splash page with several different scenes
Ok.

>>Everything looks too clean and clinic like made by a robot.
>>Even Squirrel Girls looks more liek a comic drawin by a human with its inperfections.

It's sad to see Gurihiru's art being wasted on this comic.

How is it not? Gurihiru is the most generic animesque artist out there right now.

WAIT DID GUILDED AGE WRAP UP?

No, they just got a different artist.

This happened a long time ago, broheim. Did you somehow not notice?

"Animesque" doesn't mean it's webcomic quality.

Why is it so shocking that a pair of Japanese women has an "animesque" art style?

You are a retard.

There is nothing shocking about it, the point is that the style is generic as fuck, just because is manga it doesn't mean that it has to lack persoonality

It's not even slightly generic. Go find an example of a different artist that you think has the same style, I'll wait.

Are you referring to how clean and crisp it is, and complaining about that? I think you should buy a dictionary and read through it so you can convey your thoughts better.

I love how the OP could easily be used as a comparison pic to show how much better Gurihiru is than whatever dumbass draws Squirrel Girl, but the retard OP is using it to argue that they are of similar quality. The fucking picture you picked disproves your own argument, dumbass!

>Are you referring to how clean and crisp it is, and complaining about that?

There is clean and there is so clean that it looks like it was made by a robot

It reminds me of something...

It's super generic and filled with same face, dude.

Because female audiences read webcomics.

Actually Squirrel Girl looks nice because you can tell the inperfections that come from artwork being done on paper first by an actual human, while Gwenpool looks like it has pre-rendered backgrounds, with really shitty looking textures.

The whole thing has ''fucking photoshop shit!!!!'' written all over it

See how much better a page can look when you put actual effort on it?

>super generic
>only big 2 comic being put out that looks like that

It looks like every anime that sucks but with even more generic coloring

>>super generic

As in it looks like every some generic ''let's draw manga!'' piece that you find on Deviantart

>OMG Poe is best character! What a brilliant new character Poe is, such a great and human character! So many great moments!

I noticed this ESPECIALLY with Kitty Pride. It's so fucking annoying. It shouldn't be "here's comics for babies with bright colors and basic shapes and chibi cuteness".

We want better stories and more clothes, assholes. That's all.

>. Go find an example of a different artist that you think has the same style, I'll wait.

Are you a grill? What comics do you like?

Not because that dorky '' gurls don't like comics''

Also Hellcat suffers from the same thing

Despite Marlel's desperate attempts to draw in women readers since we're abandoning them, comics don't appeal to women. They don't read comics, ofcourse there are always exceptions but just that: exceptions.
So they hire women writers to write comics for women. But since comics don't appeal to women anyway, the chances to find a woman writer who is actually good are, well, non-existent.
And here are the results.

>white gunman robbing a black guy

Whatever you say, ladies.

Please don't tell me that whoever drawn this image, is actually hired by Marvel.

If you have more, I hope you're gonna keep posting. I love Gurihiru art.

>skunk- I mean, mammal appreciation parade
All Lives Matter I can't even

Then I will not tell you...

And the work that this person is doing in Marvel is not as good as that anyways...

Sure!

See? Gurihiru is a really talented artist, they just sucks when they do Gwenpool

Does Ms. Marvel look like a webcomic?

Ughh... what is she working on?
Not the Warriors Three, I hope. Anyone who would draw Hogun like that ought to be castrated and if its a female, sterilized.

Comics do appeal to women. Cape comics traditionally do not. So Marvel is in a tough spot where they want to make cape comics appealing to women which in turn pisses off the cape fans.

The MCU puts female butts in seats with lighthearted humor, hot guys, and generally low stakes that don't require knowledge of decades to truly enjoy it. And everything Sup Forums complains about the MCU is exactly what brings in a diversified audience.

No, she looks like a terrorist.

At least Ms. Marvel has some direction to it, I don't read that book and even I know what is about.

Gwenpool is just a mess both artwork and writting wise

I would prefer this artwork for Squirrel Girl over what we have now.

Marvel just wants to destroy itself without making it too obvious.
I mean, I don't really understand how do they think that anything they did lately as far as their comics are concerned, is good.
Even a dumb clueless idiot would know he's fucking things up, let alone them who are supposed to be professionals, so they must know it but they don't seem to want to change course.
They want to self-destruct, that is the only answer.

She looks like a rapist.

I hate this chibi bullshit artwork.

Kids stop liking it really fast and nobody that is a grown up like it

Ughh, I can't even look at this shit.

>landwhale.
>quirky lolrandumb girl.

Remember when Marvel and DC were just as good compared to each other and it was just a matter of taste? how times change

No.

wait that guys robbing a hotdog cart, in broad day light, in a major city with thousands of people walking down the same sidewalk. Whats his plan?

I heard someone talking shit of gurihiru?

Most criminals are dumb, which is good since it makes them easier to catch.

well that looks webcomic-tier so you're not proving them wrong

Most decent webcomics look better than squirrel girl.

>Squirrel Girl
>nice

Work on your fucking bait, jesus.

Considering the myriad artists and art styles that exist in webcomics, saying something is "webcomic tier" using a ridiculously broad brush.

Have you considered that you're cherry-picking and that the OP doesn't look any worse than, say, that page with the Power Pack irritating Beta Ray Bill?

...fuck, man, why do you have to make me want a Warriors Three/Four/Five (adding Sif and Bill as necessary) comic drawn by Guhiru?

Webcomics are the future, gramps.

Wait, are you implying all three of these things look familiar, Sup Forums are you blind

>Squirrel Girl looks nice
>example page is almost entirely cut/paste
Good lord

Why does Marvel do half the shit they do? It's because they're fucking retarded, user.

Its unfortunate that webcomics available on Amazon.com, such as "Kill Six Billion Demons", turn out better than official Marvel comics?

How contrarian can one man get?

marvel COMICS wants desperately to be cool to the college kids. they were cool to them back in the 60's and now that they have the mouse branded into their collective ass they are trying to recapture that to appease their sellout guilt.

A LOT of girls don't like traditional comic art and are responding very well to more stylized books.

Don't speak for an entire half of the population, fucknugget.

Wait what's wrong with the Gwenpool art?

I mean it isn't the best ever made, but I'll take it over shit like JRJR or half the artists from the 90s who drew people without stomachs

>Remember when Marvel and DC were just as good compared to each other and it was just a matter of taste?
Literally never.

Oh wait, there was the time around 2008-9 where they were equally fucking awful. I'll give you that.

>gurihuru
>bad

>blames Sup Forums and not OP

pathetic

>talking shit about Gurihiru

How to shitpost on Sup Forums.
Why do aimed at >pet peeve genre(format>?
Is there a thing about ?
Enjoy!

P.S. Remember to make all remarks in the form of questions as to not come across as completely triggered and perma-angry.

Pic unrelated

That Marvel said

>Deadpool but with a female lead?

}>Let's remove the dark comedy elements and replace everything with cute and pink shit.
>no visual themes
>no symbolisms

Also it looks boring as fuck compared with almost every comic out there

love that page.

>greedo shooting first
Still manages to be the worst part.

>Deadpool but with a female lead?

That's not the creative process behind this. Are you not familiar with how this comic got created? It's a pretty widespread tale by now.

>Let's remove the dark comedy elements and replace everything with cute and pink shit.

Kek, confirmed for never read the book. The comedy in Gwenpool takes some pretty dark turns.

>no visual themes

I don't think you know what those words mean. Essentially every comicbook has visual themes. Visual themes are not necessarily 2deep4you however.

>no symbolisms

Not really an indicator of quality. Planetary has no symbolism (note: references to other comics =/= symbolism) worth anything but it's still one of the best comics ever made.

Gwenpool does, however, do some pretty fun commentary on cape comics, and it has what a narrative lives and dies on - coherent, likable characters that are engaging and go through some kind of progression.

i love how every one on Sup Forums complains about stylization in comics but when we actually get it people cry "but i dont want it like that!" make up your goddamn minds.

What does that have to do with the art?
Are you simply trying to bait fans by looking for ways you can bash something to get an emotional response?

>audience wants a different style
>shit on a piece of paper
>audience hates it
why are you complaining, isn't this what you wanted?

>That's not the creative process behind this. Are you not familiar with how this comic got created? It's a pretty widespread tale by now.

Yes, a cover featuring Gwen Stacy got a lot of likes and shares, so Marvel turned that single drawing into a comic book.

Pretty shitty if you ask me, Gwenpool is not a creation, is the result of marketing research.
>>no visual themes
>I don't think you know what those words mean.

Of course you don't, you are a waifu fag, you don't know shit about shit.

>>no symbolisms
>Not really an indicator of quality.

Yes indicator of quality, great artists do that shit without even thinking about it. Angles, background objects, shading, etc.

Watchmen tells a lot about its characters and world with the artwork alone because Dave Gibbons is a truly great artist.

This why this shit feels too clean and boring, the backgrounds are just backgrounds with nothing to them.

The fight scenes don't tell me anything about the story or the characters.

The pannels, shots, angles, generic as fuck, they add nothing to the story.

Is this a webcomic for free or what?>however, do some pretty fun commentary on cape comics.

Post an example of that pretty fun comnetary that is not some generic '' this is not how things work on comic books!'' and I will believe you.

Animal Man had smart commentary about it, I doubt Gwenpool even attemps anything like that

In other words, every traditionally male space that women (uber-casuals at that rather than actual fans who know the history of what they're getting into) invade has to get watered down to something that no longer appeal to men.

>traditionally male space that women invade
Are you faggots actually crying for a safe space?

And they say they are not as bad as SJWs.

>A LOT of girls don't like traditional comic art
>Don't speak for an entire half of the population

>I mean it isn't the best ever made, but I'll take it over shit like JRJR
you have no fucking room to shit on JRJR, Gwenpool faggot

I think he's middle eastern.