What are some webcomics that are shilled by his creator and friends in Sup Forums ?

What are some webcomics that are shilled by his creator and friends in Sup Forums ?

>user 1: Kill six billion demons? What is this about? This is my first time reading about this, for real!
>Then some ''user 2'' goes on a over the top corny explanation about the book ''amazing and incredible detailed lore that has their readers on the edge of their seat during every page!''
>user 1: Oh wow, that sounds like the best thing ever! I bet that all my friends are going to like it! And it turns out that you can buy volume one on amazon and is cheap as HELL ( tee hee ), I know what my friends are getting for christmas!

literally everything posted in here is nothing but propanganda of webcomics.

>user 1 what are some good webcomics out there?
>samefaggot I heard [insert name here] is awesome
>samefaggot yeah, it looks awesome, time to check it
>samefaggot again wow, it's really good.
repeat same formula everyday

There is that and then there is going on salesman rants everytime people ask about this edgy turd, it reads like they are literally, literally trying to sell the book.

I've never seen it promoted anywhere but it's own thread and when people ask for webcomic suggestions which i would hardly consider shilling.

This entire thread idea reeks of cynicism and pessimism, why can't people just talk about comics they like on a comics and cartoons board?

Has anyone ever just, you know
Just started a thread going "hey Sup Forums I made a webcomic and I'm gonna storytime it, hope you enjoy it?"

>suggestions

Yeah fucking right, again, there is suggesting a comic and then there is over the top cartoonie description that the comic always gets without failure and getting always the same brand of comments like

>Boy do I wish that I could get this on physical because it looks that great!
>Well user, here are some great news you can actually get it on amazon!
>He is right, I'm getting two for my friends birthdays!
>Hey my coppy just came out!
>Funny, I was about to get one copy for my friend's birthday, but it turns out that he already got one! Now I have to think about something else, maybe volume 2!
>Lol, I got this for my birthday!

Again, is obvious that people involved in the comic are the ones making the threads, webcomic artist do this shit all the time.

Sometimes and they usually are self-deprecating the whole thing as to not come out as shills.

Then there is this idiot called The Dewd that shills his unrelated comic on Dumbing of Age threads claiming that is parody of that already shitty webcomic.

No, because that shit is technically considered marketing and is actually against the rules and people have gotten banned for trying to be upfront about just showing Sup Forums their damn comic.

I don't doubt there are annoying fans trying to sell the new physical copy of the book, but I have trouble believing the author himself is. He comes into the K6BD threads sometimes and just kinda answers questions and posts art. He hardly seems too concerned about trying to sell us anything.

>No, because that shit is technically considered marketing

1. That's shilling.

2. No they don't, I have seen people storytime 500+ pages of their own shit.

>I've never seen it promoted anywhere

here they are, remove 50/60 cartoon threads that I always toggle and the rest is about webshit propaganda.

>I don't doubt there are annoying fans trying to sell the new physical copy of the book, but I have trouble believing the author himself is.
>He comes into the K6BD threads sometimes

> Creator openly comes to Sup Forums to talk to fans
> That must mean he's hiding his identity in order to promote his product

>tfw working on a horror comic and just kind of want to storytime it on Sup Forums whenever its done without worrying about selling anything to anyone, just want to show people a cool think and link some cool fitting music

It's a shilly shill world

Wow... so you're just fucking paranoid then? Do you not believe people can genuinely talk about webcomics without trying to sell anyone anything?

>''Fans'' shill as hard as they can the product.
>The creator sometimes comes to those very same threads.
>Not related at all.

Because we can't let the Jewish-Freemason-Lizardman alliance win with their Judeo-Mind Control energy rays.

STAY OUT OF MY HEAD. I'LL NEVER BUY YOUR BOOKS.

>Getting this angry
I would make a joke about you being the creator of Kill Six Billion EdgyTryHards but I don't know his name

I mean, no i genuinely don't believe they are related. I believe if he's already their why wouldn't he just say "Hey guys, buy my book and support me."

I dunno what you're talking about user, im a normal everyday poster on this here 4chans, just like you. But you guys should really stop ripping on that comic, it's great and the physical copy is coming out soon, y'all should really check it out.

The only people who really give a fuck about unpopular startup webcomics are the authors and maaaaybe some of they sycophant friends.

It's completely reasonable to think, and even to expect almost all webcomic threads to be shilled by authors samefagging for attention.

Webcomics are for losers who didn't have the balls to pitch their baby to any publishing company, let alone had the actual will to put together a pitch document in the first place.

not paranoid but I've been here for so many years and all the thread start the SAME WAY, I've been seeing this for years.

sometimes I feel like Bill murray in groundhog day when I enter this board.

and like I said before most toggled threads are cartoons threads, "would you fuck XXX?" or "why is XXX so cute" are not my thing.

>I believe if he's already their why wouldn't he just say "Hey guys, buy my book and support me."

That's not the whole point, the point is that live fan that always goes down.

>Great book, does a physical version exist?
>Yes on amazon and cheap!! And my friends got me one for my birthday, and his own birthday, and his mom's birthday.......... Reading about a lot of people buying it is going to make you buy it!

>I would make a joke about you being the creator

>I dunno what you're talking about user, im a normal everyday poster on this here 4chans, just like you. But you guys should really stop ripping on that comic, it's great and the physical copy is coming out soon, y'all should really check it out.

Is this some new trolling or literally the author of KSBD is that dumb?

When did we become Sup Forums?

>Western webcomic artists have to samefag and beg fucking Sup Forums of all places for attention and money
>asian webcomic artists can have not one, but two of their ideas get developed into full professional shows by the most talented people in the industry and make gangbusters of literal mspaint tier comics

Once again, americucks, can you do anything right?

Anyone can fake a name, just watch

it was just a dumb joke, take it easy.

>>asian webcomic artists

You mean One?
He was about to quit being a webcomic artist because he was starving and got a handover from a pro.

The shill posters are anons

>it was just a dumb joke

Sure, shilling is hilarious

I mean, the fact you thought that part of my post could be anything other than a joke IS pretty hilarious, yes

Have you actually considered that maybe people are genuinely enthusiastic about it? Nobody seems to complain about the mentally handicapped capeshit fans.

You might be a little obsessed about shilling. If you need to distract yourself with something, I recommend reading the webcomic K6BD or maybe get the first book in print

Oh man, it's in PRINT!?
Where can I buy it friend?

That's because a lot of the fans are either autistic or over-excitable rejects or both, which is unfortunate because the comic actually is pretty good.

Stop being so insufferably cynical, not everything is about greed and jews.

Im glad im not the only one found it to be amazing.

Why on Amazon or your local comic book shop fellow reader! It's even on sale

Again, all this anger about a simple thread just goes to show that the shilling for that thing is fucking real.

I also said in the OP post that the friends of the creator are behind the shilling too, is not rocket science.

And the creator comes to these threads, the shilling is nothing but confirmed at this point

Maybe you need something interesting to read? Have you considered buying a print of K6BD? The second volume is out soon :)

Sup Forums would be better if we talked about good things like fallout 4 and skyrim special edition.

Oh god, the shilling is real! What will we do!?

Oh I know, I can preorder kill 6 billion demons book one on Amazon!

>it's a shillanon thread

I'm gonna go reread the latest page again just to piss you off.

Meh, I don't see the appeal. It reads like the person wanted to create his own Homestuck while being all edgy and ''beer is epic!lol'' about it.
The more human looking characters even resemble the trolls

sure, tell your gilfriend while you are at it.

It's Sunday, Schools not on.

Honestly all webcomics artists are fucking shills, fuck em! Like fucking vegans, nobody cares about your shit story so stop being a shill!

The creator outright shilled K6BD here when he started it up but this is just, "Nobody can actually enjoy anything!" What are you salty about? That said, the Homestuck-ish fanbase for this comic on Sup Forums now is pretty annoying.

>"create a costume" contest
>one of the submissions is from Jake Wyatt
>I LOVE #KILLSIXBILLIONDEMONS!
>never mentioned the comic before
>never mentioned it afterwards
not a hater but that's 100% fishy

I heard it started out as an MSPFA, so there's probably some homestuck influence, i don't really see it though. Anyone know if there's any way to read the MSPA version of it somewhere?

Why is that fishy? Do you think people who make comics don't read comics?

Everyone who literally just bought Kill Six Billion Demons from amazon.com because of this thread say this.

THIS.

Well, there has a been a few cosplayers popping up here and there. It's not reaching to think the audience is expanding

OH FUCK.

CANCEL YOUR ORDERS. OP IS A FUCKING SHILL. HE PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE.

it's the fact he only mentioned the comic once, ever. he never even liked any of the pages or reblogged on twitter/tumblr

>marvelshills need to leave
>DCshills need to leave
>indieshills need to leave
>CNshills need to leave
>Nickshills need to leave
>Disneyshills need to leave
>Frogshills need to leave
>This board should only be people saying negative things about comics and cartoons

That was before the comic got popular.

I own a copy of KSBD 1, and I regret the purchase, it's the size of a damn postage stamp, smaller than even any of my kickstarter tpb.

Printing it at only 100 pages for 15 bucks was bad enough, but it's also like 9 and a half inches tall.

Feh.

COSPLAYERS AREN'T REAL
THEY ARE PEOPLE PAID BY COMPANIES TO DRESS UP AS CHARACTERS

WAKE UP SHEEPFAM

> The thread in which OP shills a comic only to become a shill himself.

>The subsequent thread in which new OP complains about shills pretending to dislike comics to garner attention.

>>"create a costume" contest
>>one of the submissions is from Jake Wyatt
>>I LOVE #KILLSIXBILLIONDEMONS!
>>never mentioned the comic before
>>never mentioned it afterwards

>Why is that fishy?

Because the person never mentioned the comic before or after the contest despite claiming love for it to the point that he made a costume?
Again, just to NEVER talk about it again?

You must be dense or in denial.

christ you people, be happy a webcomic is popping up on Sup Forums that isn't there only because of HOW BAD IT IS.

>100 pages for 15 bucks

get fucked

It's there between The Divine and Daisy Kutter, two small books in and of themselves.

This is fucking retarded
What the fuck is wrong with you actual autistic fucks? This fucking board is shit now, my god

I don't like your post, leave.

Jake Wyatt is the guy who does Necropolis though. You can't see why he would read K6BD? He's a comic artist and design artist himself, IIRC he has a full-time job in design on top of his webcomic. He's active on tumblr, twitter, other social media. As far as I know he's not the creator of K6BD's personal friend or anything, but it seems totally probable he would read K6BD and give it a shout out to a wider artist. Tons of artists do that on social media.

Why invent a conspiracy theory for something like this? What do you think the explanation was?

Yeah, the book is outright bad quality IMO. I wouldn't buy K6BD just now.

But if it's popular now, why would it need shilling? I get shilling when a comic is starting up, but once the ball gets rolling it builds up speed by itself. The guy isn't exactly obscure anymore

Fuck, I can't even find it! HAHAHAHHAHA

>100 pages for 15 bucks
No fucking wonder the creator has to hire shills, what a fuckign rip off!

Are you retarded? Popular isn't a digital state.

>It reads like the person wanted to create his own Homestuck while being all edgy and ''beer is epic!lol'' about it.
What does this even mean
I defy you to explain what this statement could even be trying to convey

>He's active on tumblr, twitter, other social media.
He is. Yet he never put a single like, retweet or reblog on a single page of the comic.

I said it at the beginning of this thread, I'll say it again, this entire thread idea reeks of cynicism.

It implies that nobody could possibly care about something enough to genuine tell others about it, and in addition, that nobody could possibly be thankful for being recommended something.

This whole thread was spammed with shit posts because it was clear you weren't looking for a real discussion, you were looking for people who agree with your ludicrous idea that everyone who likes something is secretly just trying to get your money.

I'm willing to sit it out for a full-sized hardcover with at least 4 times the page count.
I won't be buying vol 2.
Abaddon says later "tpb" volumes will be at normal comic dimensions, which is equally annoying given the first volumes size.

I can't believe Image released it like that. the double page art of the Big Panels really suffers.

Also the notion it's somehow bad to pay for a thing you enjoy.

Bottom shelf, almost center, black spine.

I mean, I repeat: what do you think happened? What is your 'most likely scenario' here?

That's the spirit

>He's a comic artist and design artist himself

That's what makes the whole thing fishy.

Again, no mentions about even knowing the book before it happened and suddenly he goes out of his way to cosplay as one of the characters when we all know how busy comic book writters/artists are.

>Why invent a conspiracy theory for something like this?
Stop with the strawmen arguments you idiot, is just fucking logic, people shill shit all the time and people are hypocrites about it all the time ''What this shirt? Yes, I have been a Harry Potter fan all my life, it just so happens that I put on this shirt in the same day that this girl that I want to fuck and is really into HP is coming over to see me for a date, for real!''

I wish I could be as optimistic as you, user. I, OTOH, believe that the operative odor is not due to cynicism, but rather literal retardation.

>But if it's popular now, why would it need shilling?

To sell the 15 bucks for a 100 pages piece of shit book.

Hey [artist] can you make some "fanart" for my comic's contest?
>sure! I'll take 50 extra bux to say it's the best thing ever
>deal!

So you're saying that Abaddon paid him to shill? Is that what you're saying yes or no?

Kill Six Billion Demons has to be the tiny asian dick for printed media because I still can't fucking find it

Compensation perpetuates the Jewish system.

I wish there was a little more "shilling" for necropolis on this board.
It's a pretty interesting read so far

congrats, sherlock

Did he cosplay? IIRC he just drew some fanart. Your example of a dude trying to get laid is a lot less elaborate than this comic artist "conspiracy" you've dreamed up, right? I'm just asking you to explain what you think actually happened, if what is on the surface isn't it.

Did you buy it and feel salty about it? I mean it seems pretty dumb to buy a book for a comic that is freely available on the internet

>So you're saying that Abaddon paid him to shill?

Or maybe he is just shilling for free.

I made this thread and I don't even considered for a second the idea of paid shills and something more along the lines of friend shills, '' would you put in this costume to shill my book??? Come on, I bought you those tequila shots yesterday!'' kind of thing

christ the idiocy.

You don't need to be paid to openly like something that is clearly well made and getting more popular all the time.

It's too slow, and the comic itself started at a point far from the more interesting previews. I would rather he had done the planned print release.

>I mean it seems pretty dumb to buy a book for a comic that is freely available on the internet
I want to support the artist. It's not complicated.

What's the difference between "shilling for free" and "liking things" by the way?

Shit Jake would probably need a lot more than that. But sure, maybe Abaddon paid several thousand $ for this one guy to draw one thing and say he liked the comic. And maybe he did that for everyone else too, and actually nobody likes K6BD and all the Image sales were Abaddon himself buying the books.

Seems legit.

I honestly think you're just trolling at this point if you want to call anything in my post anger

When shit gets so popular that shilling isn't even really necessary anymore everyone liking it is shilling.

He takes like 200 for a comic page

I mean sure, I did the same, I liked the comic so I bought the book to show appreciation, I don't care about the small size or dark pages, but I got to wonder who the salty fuckers are who buys a comic that is free on the internet and then bitch about the size which anyone who reads the product description on amazon should know beforehand

People only like the things that I like.
People that like things that I don't like are just dishonest shills.

So there's a point of popularity when everyone should stop talking about how they like a thing? And they all just know when this is?