Will you go see it?

>Literally used the retarded director's cut "I AM ROBOT" as the premise for the film.
>Using deadface man as a main character.
>From a director that didn't understand the premise and story to begin with.
I'm sure you'll love it.

I'll wait for the YIFY.

Sup Forums is always wrong, so it will be good and make a lot of money

inspired by =/= true to the original

depends on the reviews

The Voight-Kampff machine looks fucking stupid.

translation: it's fanfiction trash

It looked much better in the first one.

This was for a photoshoot for the wired magazine, not sure if that's the voight-kampff used in 2049

Yeah, when it comes out here.

Yeah, but I'll wait a couple weeks after it premiers so it'll only be old, quiet people in the audience. That's essential to enjoy anything at the cinema I go to.

What does this expression attempt to convey?

I've already booked tickets

Yeah probably now that I have moviepass. I like Villenueve.

Im not a robit, beep boop

It's gonna be shit

Please don't tell me this is an official poster...

>Left eye is magnified
>Statue of robot on mantle with enlarged left eye

GOOSE RIBBIT?

maybe

Instead of using an actual lens they photoshop gooses eye to be bigger... Literally why?

maybe if you keep telling yourself that you will end up loving it, good game plan ill try it out

That's a big eye

As someone with an asymmetrical face and one eye lower than the other Gosling gives me hope i can still be attractive if i get in shape :)

looks like its gonna be a movie for normies if you ask me

whats a movie that normies don't enjoy?

>Using deadface man as a main character.
A human who expresses less emotion than the androids would be very fitting with the source material.

>Runtime: 2 hours and 43 minutes
Normies will call it "boring" and "nothing happens" because they expect heavy action and explosions because of the mismarketed trailer and Sup Forums will do the same thing

Blade Runner (1982)

Mother!
When the movie finished, most people and left the remaining were bitching loudly about "wasting their miney on this bullshit"
I don't blame em tho

normies like it though

from the trailers it looks like this movie has more than its fair share of action and explosions. I hope they spend enough time building atmosphere and worldbuilding but i have zero faith in the crew behind this so //:

i saw it comes at night and literally as soon as the movie ended the other people in the theatre damn near threw a riot and were yelling about how bad the movie was

Maybe.

I'd rather see the original in a theater or maybe IMAX.

I had similar reactions from people when I saw it as well.

Do normies not understand what was going on? Or did they understand and dislike it because of that. Because I have litterally never been to church in my life and I knew 100% what the movie was doing as soon as Eve showed up, with my relgious knowledge mostly coming from The Simpsons.

They were probably pissed because Mother was marketed as a horror movie.

in my experience normies need heavy exposition and things spelled out to them. I think a lot of this has to do with people not really reading anymore either. I normally dont like the whole
>society is so dumbed down everyone is stupid
attitude but its becoming more and more true everyday.
Another problem with it comes at night and mother is that people probably went into them expecting a normal horror scary movie and got something else. Not saying those movies are good at all but they're borderline false advertising

I dont know. Blade Runner was a audio visual feast with an ok script. I think they kind of missed that point with the 2049. All though it's great that they dont hold down the original and rip it to pieces, everything in the new one looks squeeky clean compared to the original.

I am cautiously optimistic. Villenue knows how to make a good movie.

And now that Johan "make everything sound like Sigur Ros with really soft strings" Johannsson is gone, I am actually looking forward to hear what Zimmer might make of it now that he has pulled out his old synthesizers.

>runtime 2 hours 43 minutes
wut.

no it looks stupid, even more than the overrated first movie

also I dont like the actors or the director

the original's script is kinda offbeat with some strange dialogue.
I think sony is trying to market it like an epic capeshit blockbuster but Villenue is above that shit.

Yes

The sequel to one of the most influential science fiction movies of all time? Starring the original deckard alongside one of the best actors of the modern era? Of course I'm gonna go see it!

Yes. It's going to be good. Fuck buttmad mouseshills.

My top 4 of 2017

Dunkirk
BladeRunner2049
BabyDriver
Phantom Thread

>Dunkirk
shit
>2049
more than likely shit
>BabyDriver
literally r*ddit: the movie
>PT
i like pta sometimes but the premise for this movie sounds boring

>I am cautiously optimistic.
This is exactly where I stand as well. I like Villeneuve, and from what I've seen from his interviews, he's really a fan of the original BR. So while I'm not expecting anything mind blowing I'm hoping that he can pull off his own nice sci-fi film with a good budget. Arrival was meh, I believe he can do better.

its sad seeing you brainlet plebs hyping yourselves up when you realize it looks to be and it will be shit

what a stupid pastime

It's even more sad seeing an actual fucktard like you pretend he's smart on a weeaboo image site and doesn't hesitate in showing off his obnoxious superiority complex.

everyone is a replicant, they always have been.

Thanks for giving me instructions on how i should feel about my top 4 list. That's why i come here.

>gosling

lost all interest and hype

>Sony

I have little hope

Yes, Bautista deserves it

wew

Metacritic, RT, imdb or (((individual reviewers)))?

Yeah, probably.

>A human who expresses less emotion than the androids would be very fitting with the source material.
should have gone with jai courtney then. or, if he's too busy, sam worthington.

Wtf is wrong with burgers? Is it niggers?

My pleasure.

>Will you go see it?

I've gone from seeing 20 or more movies a year in cinema to 1-2. I will go see this, not because I have any hope it'll be good, that went out the window when I saw they couldn't even get Harrison Ford into a costume at all, he's just hanging out in his grandpa uniform. I'll go see it because it's making an effort, spending more than 100 mil on an R rated movie.

I want them to make more sci fi and more R rated movies. It's like Hollywood forgot that some of their biggest hits across all age groups were R rated. They sold toys for Robocop and Terminator to kids, with a wink. Everything's too sanitized now.

Yeah pretty much. America is getting dumber by the day

triggered like the gutter trash that you are

As usual people in this country have zero taste. Very few here can appreciate any kind of alternative art or media.

he would've been a perfect batou. looks like a comic character

So here's what i ghater from the trailers.

Officer K goes to work.
He meets Bautista, who's in hideout, he's a replicant.
Officer K retires him. Sets his farm on fire. He finds a date under the tree.
He goes home. Joi is waiting him. She's his fucktoi/wifebot
He gets called for a special assignment.
House of Cards blonde tells him there's something going on in Wallace corp.
He goes to visit. it goes weird. He investigates a clue he got from bautista relating to something.
Niander Wallace makes sure the Bob cut lady robot keeps an eye on Officer K.
K gets a second clue onto where Deckard is.
He goes to vegas.
He meets Deckard. They get attacked. They team up. And escape the attackers.
Deckard reveals something dark about Wallace corp. And the next step in the human evolution = Replicants that can replicate with humans!
Officer K is one of them. (maybe even his son with Rachel)
Deckard dies.
Wallace dies.
K flips out.
Officer K realizes Joi and him can have a child.
The human race will slowly die but life will go on.

How am i doing so far?

Hell yes I will. Looks interesting.

>people not really reading anymore
This is exactly it. Find out which of your friends read and which ones don't, 9/10 you'll find a big difference in intelligence.

They gave him the little glare in his eyes that the replicants have. Spoiler alert: Gosling is a replicant.

I'm triggered by your retardation yes.

They made a children's cartoon show based on The Toxic Avenger. Where the fuck did it all go wrong?

Of course the goose is a replicant, he can't emote that's why they cast him.

Denis Villeneuve has never made a bad movie so probably

he has never made a good movie

Yes, because of Richard Deakins and Denis Villeneuve

He has.

And that would be?

> Arrival was meh, I believe he can do better.

I thought Arrival was good, the problem, I think, is that it's too lowkey for it's own good, it never got off the ground and soared.

who hurt you?

no, it looks awful

I like Batista, he seems like genuinly good guy trying his best.

>From the director of Prisoners
The most IMDB sensibility film made so far. Anybody who thinks that Prisoners is above mediocre is juvenile about the medium and entirely emblematic of the video game crossposter fueled downfall of this board.
Villeneuve is one of the biggest trashmasters working today, hack's hack. This is hot pocket: the movie. Cheeto dust: the flick.

IMDB "FILM BUFF" pleb fodder. If you like this film then you are an enemy of the medium.
>MUH BASED JAKE
>MUH BASED DEAKINS
>MUH DARK THRILLER
>MUH RELIGIOUS SYMBOLISM
All the memes are there, it's shit and this movie will be shit

Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst

story could be meh, but I have no fear for the visuals

I remember watching prisoners on a rec from a friend. I couldn't believe what i was watching was the same movie reddit and others praise. had the same experience with se7en

Can you actually articulate why the movie is bad without MUH spouting?

You can reduce any movie ever to a couple MUHs, that's not valid criticism

I hope you choke on a dick.

This stale pasta is so trash, it doesn’t even talk about Villeneuve but the autist who overpraise him.
I applaud just how much meanignless buzzwords are fit in single post though.

Don't fall for the Arrival meme either. It's practically capeshit. The film was made so middlebrow viewers like imdb buffs can tip their film buff hats and be tricked into feeling like they're somehow more discerning viewer, appreciating the medium on a level beyond the plebes, but it's normiecore schlock all the same. The movie was Nolan level spoonfeeding trash, Villeneuve just hasn't gotten to the point where his name has become unfashionable yet.

>The movie was Nolan level spoonfeeding trash, Villeneuve just hasn't gotten to the point where his name has become unfashionable yet.
This, exactly. Sicario is his only good movie and it's a 6 at best. At best.

looks like some DUDE GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL LMAO nonsense to me

He never made a single outright bad movie, just like Nolan. Prove me wrong.

>It's practically capeshit
Kill yourself breh

>magnifying glass on his lazy eye

what did they mean by this?

Sicario was a tepid thriller with social commentary falling out of its ass. Plus Villeneuve absolutely has fuck all own ideas, vanilla directing which you can tell from how much more it looks like Roger Deakins narratively lacking film than 'Villeneuve film'

Yes. I respect the first one, and the goose, enough to pay 5 bucks on a Tuesday afternoon.