What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am?

What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=52BcC9Qzl-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=IPtyfwjz0a0
youtube.com/watch?v=Tt524wGJFqs
kissanime.to/Anime/The-Big-O-Dub
youtube.com/watch?v=clNe1IoVN0M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're the goddamned Roger Smith.

Didn't this series get cancelled before the story was finished?

That's the Question, Bruce

It wrapped up pretty nicely

why does he look like he came straight out of an anime

is this a "Kill Six Billion Demons" reference?

THAT'S who Hush makes me think of shit how did I not realize it until now

Because he did.

Phoenix Wright?

>It wrapped up
Yes.
>pretty nicely
Noooooooo.

There never was any story, it was originally written in kind of an anthology format but when CN ordered a second season, they demanded that the mystery be revealed.

Which is why it's such a nonsensical mindfuck at the very end.

[Spoiler]test[/spoiler]

HOW DID HE MISS?!?!

It doesn't work if your capitalize it, fellow phone poster. Try lower-case spoiler. Like this.

Schwarzwald's a better Batman villain than Hush.

Thank you.

test

The manga is more clear about the ending. Rodger goes to his first negotiation again but its implied that he has memories of the last time it happened.

>Roger as a veggie doesn't really want to kill a real human
>Roger is against killing anyway
>Big O doesn't want to kill the only other intelligent big

Big O thread?

Just finished it a few weeks ago. Not in love with the metafictional, oh hey we're in a cartoon ending but still love what they were building during the show.

I thought that they were going to go with something like: cyber-industrial society collapses from world war and someone hits a "reset" button, except they all got stuck on reset. Even the people that are "preserved" with memories from the previous society (Gordon Rosewater) only remember the reboot and not the original, so even though they carry on information there's the question of how much gets lost via playing telephone, and they are still the 'tomatoes' of the previous reboot. It turns out that civilization keeps collapsing and resetting because it doesn't have an appropriate reference on which to progress. In fact, they're necessarily regressive, since the hunt for memories becomes so important.

Someone like Alex Rosewater always discovers the memories, like the "Bigs," and there's no real way to stop them from repeating the same mistake, which spurs yet another reset. Somewhere in the lower city there's a factory that grows the next batch, and just as there's always an Alex Rosewater there's always a Gordon Rosewater that discovers this memory, goes down there, and hits the button. In this case it's Roger Smith(?). What makes this process scary is that it was never planned to work this way: the original 'tomatoes' were supposed to be 'perfect' and wouldn't worry about the past (memories) because they were free from it, and thus free to build the future. What caused the war was all the stupid, corrosive history that builds up and then explodes. But the lack of memory doesn't help, hasn't helped yet, and reboot keeps happening. I'd like the ending to be that Smith/Angel/whoever chooses not to reboot.

Tried to watch this show two times. Dropped it twice.

What does everyone make so excited about this show? Its really boring, never managed to go pass episode 6 (the one with the music robot)

>Didn't even get a forth through the series
>How can anyone be excited
As stupid as saying it gets better "X" ways in, if you haven't watch that much of it don't be confused when you don't know what people like about it.

fuck off to Sup Forums pls

>bumping a thread just to say this

Because the animation is good.

Uh....Samurai Jack?

I think you're a tomato.

You're a louse, Roger Smith

Where can I buy the manga?

not only that but the story was incredibly interesting and the fact the Score was astoundingly amazing! It added so much to the story.

I'm the goddamn Negotiator.

BIG Sup Forums IT'S SHOWTIME!

>It turns out that civilization keeps collapsing and resetting because it doesn't have an appropriate reference on which to progress

No there have only been 3 resets. And they were all Gordon Rosewater's. The first was the original, "our", world where Gordon was the research scientist who accidentally activated the alien artifact, Big Venus.

He then rebuilt the world with his memories but added shit like androids, megadeuses, leviathans, all the advanced tech that doesnt make sense. This world fell apart in the war between the US and the Union, Roger died fighting in Big O (all the events in the Metropolis book) and Gordon reset the world again in a panic with just New York(Paradigm City) remaining, because he was already getting senile and his memories were flawed.

He tried to clone himself(Alex Rosewater) to recover the memories of the old world and restore it but the cloning process(tomatoes) were failures. Gordon basically gave up and let things be but Alex still had a partial memory imprint and wanted to become 'God'. He knew this had something to do with the Bigs and the City Underground (where Big Venus was stored). But since he only had partial memories he came to conclude that just having the strongest Big made him God and never found out about Big Venus. Hijinks ensued.

>Gordon was the research scientist who accidentally activated the alien artifact, Big Venus
wat

Wasn't the Big O directed by the same guy who did Giant Robo?

You dont remember the episode, Roger the Wanderer? Roger was the military officer in charge of the research team investigating a spoopy alien artifact. Discovering what it could do gave Roger that mental breakdown. Guess what that artifact was? Guess who was a scientist on that team? Put two and two together.

or just control s

Season 1's animation was better than Season 2's. There's just something about cel animation that digital animation can't replicate.

nice head canon

Phoneposters don't have ctrl buttons.

Literally nothing of the sort happens.

This is fine too, preferable to the canon ending, though I dunno about introducing alien technology, since it just opens up the question of why aliens are significant when they weren't before.

Gordon inventing the Bigs would explain the "Cast In The Name of God: Ye (Not) Guilty" bits, Alex and Roger are both literally cast (created/given parts) in the name of God (Rosewater), whereas Gabriel isn't.

BTW youtube.com/watch?v=52BcC9Qzl-Q

Holy SHIT, genius

You think Toonami might ever touch the series again? I wonder sometimes if they'd ever try and pick up where it ended and give it more of a proper conclusion. Keep in mind, my memory's kind of hazy, but didn't they originally plan on a third season?

An alien?

I'll take a EoE style movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=IPtyfwjz0a0

youtube.com/watch?v=Tt524wGJFqs

This show always had the best soundtrack. Wonder what the composer works on nowadays.

Is there anywhere where I can get this series? I just remember an episode about tomatoes and Toonami stopped airing it.

Used to be on youtube but they took the account down.

No. That guy also made G Gundam and the Tetsujin 28 remake.

Oh, and the new Mazinger.

Best of all girls. Not nearly enough fanart, and what exists too often has her emoting too much.

>though I dunno about introducing alien technology, since it just opens up the question of why aliens are significant when they weren't before.

Alien in the sense that Big Venus is one big Dues Ex Machina. The show never even attempted to explain Big Venus, just that it existed, was responsible for everything and was the big macguffin of the series. And even that was done only through hints.

Just like the origins of R.D., the Underground, Leviathan and Metropolis were never really explained, you only have to infer they all came from the second reality since the first reality contained no advanced technology and the third(current) has no place for them. Most of the plot events of the show are around the remnants of the second reality still existing in the third without the original context, such as the Union still fighting the old war when their nation doesnt even exist anymore.

Shouldn't you be in court yelling OBJECTION

kissanime.to/Anime/The-Big-O-Dub

>The world destroyed by a cataclysm
>The power of God, wielded by man
>Giant robots run amok
>Everything is a lie

youtube.com/watch?v=clNe1IoVN0M

Bump the thread you say? Well, if you insist.

SURE!

>tfw no season 3

bump

What Episode of Batman is this?

What is it about Batman that inspired multiple separate cartoons to give him a giant mecha?
Is it just his "I have contingency plans within plans for every scenario including impossible ones" shtick that makes it believable he had a giant mecha in storage already just in case he needs one?
Because I'm not complaining.

with alien invasions happening every year and giant monsters popping all around having a giant robot makes as much sense at having a gun for personal protection

>read it in his voice
Dayum, I need this crossover now.

When you watch this.
Listening to this Its perfect

If Spider-Man can have a giant robot, by all means Batman should have several.

Why is everyone in love with this permanently ill-tempered android?

>Who the hell do you think I am?

Kamina?

Having Steve Blum voice Leeroy instead of Kamina was a poor choice.

That sleazy sax goes down smooth.

Nah.

I love Steve and all but It'd just be Spike again.

>That one episode where Roger Smith fights a giant mutated version of the Rockefeller Christmas Tree.

It was an excellent choice because it showed how damn good his range is. Don't see why people want talented voice actors to be typecast all the time.

Besides, Hebert's youthful voice was a great fit for Kamina.

Because anime fans love Tsunderes?

>he lets anime faggots post where they don't belong
>for free

>Tim and Eric got the Big O Season 3 money.

;_;

Just how bad was Tim and Eric? I always ignored it but people say [as] shilled it too hard and it fucked with other shows.

I liked how much of a subversion she was from most anime waifus. She felt like a real character and played off of Roger's boisterous attitude pretty well without needing to be sexualized or turned into an overt love interest.

>without needing to be sexualized or turned into an overt love interest
So much this. She's a primary female supporting character who isn't the protagonist's girlfriend or kid sister.

The funniest part of the Americans asking the Japanese to explain the mystery in the second season is how hard a time the Japanese have wrapping their hair around the concept of explanation.

I mean, if the revelation makes you go, "What?" more than the mystery did....

>because the animation is good

Anyone else think big o would've been a better show without the giant robots?

>40 years ago

Worse than Tom Goes to the Mayor, and that was pretty awful. It also set the precedent for terrible live action bullshit on Adult Swim, at the expense of original animated content.

If I ever get access to a time machine, Tim and Eric are right at the top of my list of people to smother in their cribs when they're infants.

>series about robot fights
>complains about character animation
Priorities, son.

the robot fights in season 2 weren't even good tho

That's because digital animation is shit.
Cels are way better.

Yes.
Honestly, they came out of nowhere a lot of the time and most of the fights in the first season felt like they were only there due to some kind of "once an episode" mandate. What I really would have liked, is if the show was about Roger doing actual negotiation work around the city with the Big being a last resort when things got absolutely dire. As much as they played them up, the giant robots stopped being all that special when someone like Beck would pull one out of his ass for a simple prison escape.

That, and the pacing got really bad.
One thing I liked about season one was the fights were well choreographed. The Bigs moved slow, but the fights themselves were brief and usually ended pretty fast once someone got the advantage. By season two though, everything was bogged down with cutaways filled with clunky exposition that drew everything out and killed the flow of action.

Didn't season two also feature the fight in which Roger bails halfway through to go do whatever and when he gets back, they other robot is still just banging on Big O's shields?

Yes. Yes it did. Though I think it got bored after a while and started going back to wrecking the city.
So good job there, Roger. Way to prioritize.