Why don't they make Miles HIV positive? This is a serious problem facing people of color and homosexuals...

Why don't they make Miles HIV positive? This is a serious problem facing people of color and homosexuals. Around half of all black men who have sex with other men in the USA have HIV. Why can't we tell their story?

That's a good idea.
I'm neither a nigger nor a faggot and I ain't go no fucking AIDS but I'd buy it to show my support for the uhhh coughdestructionofmilesmoralescharactercough nigger faggots who have AIDS.

Fuck off

The last time they did an HIV scare at Marvel we had that terrible Kevin Smith Daredevil arc

Yeah but that's Miles Morales so nothing of value will be lost.

All the more reason to do a better story

>people of color
hiv is growing with whites because of the heroin epidemic

You do realize minorities use drugs at a higher rate than white people? Most new cases of HIV in the USA are either from gays or from poor minorities

Because then he won't be able to kiss white girls that are scheduled to have a black love interest

I support this. #GiveMilesAids

That's ridiculous. He should be arrested for an possession of an eight of weed.

"Representation" is now one of my most hated buzzwords. All it really comes down to is "make these characters exactly how I want them to be or you are a bigot".
It's the epitome of laziness and a lack of creativity. Why can't these people write their own stories instead of pressuring creators to change existing ones?

>Wanting to give an innocent underage teenager AIDS
For what purpose?

Why don't they make his stupid fucking venom blast way less effective just get rid of it it exists purely to destroy any physical conflict

#GiveMilesAIDS.

Because he's sucky and needs something going for him.

>He finds out that every time he uses the venom touch his HIV gets worse.

Guys what if his Venom Blast gives people his AIDS. You can make it an allegory and he'll have to stop using it unless he wants to give people AIDS

Okay so explain to me the difference between Miles and Peter's powers.

Miles has invisibility and the electric shock instakill, in addition to all Spiderman's powers, right? That seems like fucking bullshit.

Miles's powers are mostly the same: Spider-Sense, general superhuman physical characteristics (Strength, Speed, Agility, Durability etc.). However, Miles has the Camoflauge and Venom Sting as his unique powers.

Peter has always drawn the short stick in terms of "Spider-Powers" because he's the first one to have them. Miles isn't the first, and he won't be the last.

Silk was bitten by the exact same Spider that bite Peter, but she has Organic webbing, while Peter doesn't.

Why didn't Peter at least keep the additional cybernetic limbs Otto built?

Also CAMOUFLAGE ISN'T EVEN A FUCKING SPIDER POWER

To make him even more of a minority and more special, Fem-Thor has a cancer, why cant Miles have AIDS? Is Bendis trying to say people with HIV are not people? That fucking racist.

>Why didn't Peter at least keep the additional cybernetic limbs Otto built?
The same reason why Peter's powers were reset after "that which must not be named" while Kaine still has those same extra powers. Status Quo. Peter will forever have the short stick.

>Also CAMOUFLAGE ISN'T EVEN A FUCKING SPIDER POWER
You'd be surprised how many Spider-Powers aren't "Thematically consistent". Jessica Drew's Bio-Energy blasts are an example. But then again Jessica wasn't bitten by a Spider.

Miguel has enhanced eyesight to compensate for a lack of Spider-Sense, and that's not exactly a "Spider" power either.

>Bendis doesn't know how to right a character.

You don't say.

Which is bullshit because it was the same spider. If anything Peter would be more powerful than Silk since it bit him first and the spider was freshly radiated.

How many spiders do you know that can generate electricity?

write*

Fuck me.

>Which is bullshit because it was the same spider. If anything Peter would be more powerful than Silk since it bit him first and the spider was freshly radiated.
That's sort of the point. No one is arguing against that.

Peter needs to maintain the status quo in the eyes of his writers, which manifests itself in the form of his baseline powers.

No one wants to have their superheroes have diseases, especially AIDS. Also, Miles doesn't fuck guys.

FemThor has cancer and Riri has herpes though.

So why can't Peter be the stronger faster one, and Silk be the mutant with organic webs (because the spider had been irradiated longer so had a chance to mutate or something) and Miles be the weak stealthy one that has to rely on his invisibility and backstab move to win?

I mean shit, if you want Peter to have fewer powers just make him have better stats.

He can start obviously. White too. Got to keep that theme up.

Riri has herpies?

IMO its amusing that despite him having weaker powers than the other spider-heroes, he's still the best, most popular one of them all. Just goes to show overall hes a much stronger and better written character than all the others.

Because of context. Miles was initially supposed to be Ultimate Peter's replacement - hence why he has all of Peter's powers, as well as additional powers. Miles's additional powers stem from him being bitten by a more advanced iteration of the Gene Modified Spider that bit Peter.

Silk is a strange case. She's initially a plot device, which is used to justify her having Organic webbing, because Slott couldn't think of a reason why Cindy Moon would be smart enough to create her own web adhesives. Because of Slott's careless thought, he broke internal consistency regarding the Spider-Bite.

After Miles got tossed into 616, the problems of Multiple Spider-People began to seem more apparent. Because neither Miles nor Silk were made with the greater "Spider-Population" in account, they both appear game breaking. Bendis and Slott will never make changes to their own creations, so you'll need another writer without a personal investment in Miles and Silk in order to properly retool them.

It's not really surprising, because power levels generally don't factor into how much people like somebody, but it is retarded if they're ever supposed to stand side-by-side. Why would anybody in a city where Black Spider-man exists with his insta-kill super move still give the old and busted Spider-man the time of day?

If they appeared in a team book together, Peter wouldn't be able to take the lead since everybody would outclass him in every way other than IRL popularity.

People often forget how insanely, absurdly strong Peter is physically. He would splatter half of his villains instantly if he didn't constantly hold back the majority of his strength. IIRC there was a time he got possessed by someone (I think it was Otto), and the person used his strength to punch Scorpion and the punch tore his jaw off.

Peter doesn't NEED venom blast if he gets serious.

>still buys the clickbait "Miles is gay" meme

remember that time peter david gave falcon's nephew aids and he died of it in a very special issue where he wanted hulk blood to cure his aids but hulk said no

>You do realize minorities use drugs at a higher rate than white people?
Not smack though. People of color usually do cheaper, shittier drugs like crack, or shit quality meth. I'm willing to bet that most opiate users are white.

But user, Miles /is/ gay!

Then where are all the white men with aids?

That would be quite wonderful. They should also give him diabetes related gangrene in his hands and arms. Its a pretty big issue in the inner city esp with ppl of color. Give him gangrene and amputate his entire arms. Have his webbing come out of his feet or knees now. I think it would help a lot of people in the African American community to see someone so strong in spirit, and achieving so much with hard work, faith, grace, and determination.

#GiveMilesMoralesABoyfriend

I alway assume Peter was the stronger spider in terms of streght and speed, like Miles has venom bullshit and camoflauge, Silk organic webbing, so then Peter is the one with the most basic abilities, but huge raw power

Busy bein straight and/or practicing safe sex? I'm not the user who made the white people aids claim, just a recovering junkie discussing drug use demographics.

>I'm willing to bet that most opiate users are white.
And by this I mean real opiate users, not wanna be gangsta rappers doing fucking codeine syrup or some nonsense.

damb, he wuss diffinitlee haf loots of strenff, if dey doo dat 2 heim

Not heroin. Whites are getting btfo in all age categories and in especially middle class communities by the the big H. Opiod abuse is ravaging whites to the point of concern lol.