GAMBIT Plot Details

From Josh Zetumer's first draft of the script.

>Remy "Gambit" LeBeau (Channing Tatum) is a mutant thief capable of charging objects with explosive kinetic energy, and the adoptive son of Luke LeBeau, the leader of the Thieves Guild of New Orleans. He falls in love with Belladonna Bordeaux, daughter of Maryanne Bordeaux, the leader of the rival Bordeaux crime family. The pair plans a heist that'll benefit both families and hopely end their feud, but are betrayed by Maryanne, who kills Luke to seize control of the Assassins Guild and leaves Gambit to be arrested for the failed heist.

>10 years later, Gambit is sprung from prison by Nathaniel Essex, CEO of the bioengineering corporation EssexCorp, who hires Gambit to retrieve a mysterious box stolen by Maryanne to be auctioned off at the Thieves Ball, an annual meeting between the world's criminal enterprises under the cover of Mardi Gras. To help him infiltrate Maryanne's fortified headquarters guarded by mutant enforcers, electricity-wielding Marcus Fifolet and earthquake-inducing Julian Rictor, evading the world's best thieves in the process, Gambit enlists his own crew of mutant criminals, comprised of James Maddrox, who can create multiple copies of himself, and Danielle Moonstar, who can proect mind-warping illusions. But Belladona's unexpected resurgence, now pursuing her own agenda, might complicate Gambit's plans beyond his own expectations.

splashreport.com/exclusive-gambit-story-details/

I CAN DIG IT YO

Why are they making a Gambit movie? He hasn't been popular since the 90's cartoon and not interesting enough to make a solo movie about.

Plus this says Dani Moonstar is in it who's one of the main characters in New Mutants movie that's already finished filming. So I doubt this is actually going to happen.

Why do women find Channing Tatum attractive again?

Not a stupid plot, but seems kind of boring. A Gambit backstory just isn't film material IMO. Throw him in with the X-Men and he could be really entertaining on screen. Even better if they use the 90's team.

I don't understand why they have Channing Tatum playing a thin character with a narrow face, though.

Rich hollywood actor.

He has muscles and a single average chin.

Wasnt gambit french? Why is he white?

>Luke LeBeau, the leader of the Thieves Guild of New Orleans
>>betrayed by Maryanne, who kills Luke to seize control of the Assassins Guild
So which one is it?

>and not interesting enough to make a solo movie about.
he's the best xmen

I didn't even realize he had a fleshed out backstory, I just assumed he kind of showed up one day and became one of the crew

>New Mutants
>already finished filming
wait I thought they hadn't started filming yet?

who even asked for this? Gambit isn't a really popular character

>rich
>tall
>muscly
>funny
gee, I wonder

He'd be perfect as Shazam.

They started filming last summer and just finished a few days ago. It's obviously going to bomb since no one has heard of any of the characters, but it's going to be a horror movie inspired by The Shinning so could be cool.

some 20th century fox (((chairman))) must really like him

I used to be so hyped for that NM movie. weird, it just took them two months? I thought more people would be interested since it has Anya Taylor Joy and Maisie Williams

ngl I wanted a campy superhero movie with crazy superpower cgi. but if whatever they're making out of it is interesting and original then ill probably watch it

>Remy "Gambit" LeBeau (Channing Tatum)
Why.

That sounds like it'll be fun. Hopefully they make a really good heist movie out of it.

Gambit is probably the most popular X-Man after Wolverine and Deadpool for the public at large. People have been asking for him for a long time.

>Ending your statement in "YO!"

Christ, please go back to Sup Forumsmblr you mouth breather

>Gambit is probably the most popular X-Man after Wolverine
So why wasn't he in any of the X-Men movies?

he was in that one dumb wolverine flick

FUCKING CAPENIGGERS FUCK OFF BACK TO Sup Forums AND WATCH KINO INSTEAD

>Gambit is probably the most popular X-Man after Wolverine and Deadpool
Not since the cartoon was airing.

Wolverine is a given, Deadpool also. But most people would know Professor X and Jean Grey and Storm and Rogue even Cyclops more. Not to mention Magneto or Mystique.

>kino
That word has no meaning. DC people have hijacked it and it can no longer be used seriously.

Am I supposed to root for a literal thief?

only if he's stealing from the gentile rich, goy

They should just add him to the X-Force movie instead of trying to make a solo one.

Tatum is too bulky to play Gambit, Gambit is strong but not thickstrong, he is a lean fast-twitch swimtwink with an angular face, Tatum looks like an idiot bowl of mashed potatoes in comparison

He was. They fucked him up. I get the feeling they were cautious to use him after that, same with Deadpool. Hell, even Wolverine sat out a movie after Origins.

Talking to people who are familiar with X-Men but don't read the comics, Gambit is almost always one of their faves. It's always Wolverine then either Gambit or Deadpool.

theives and assassins guilds are different organizations

That plot sounds awful
Guaranteed flop

This

the female producer has a crush on him