ST:D Jesus fuck

... why did they make her so unlikable again?

"We have a ridiculously capable officer who always makes the right decisions, even under duress. She makes the tough calls that nobody else will. Her captain defers to basically every recommendation she makes.

But nobody likes her so they can't consider her a Mary Sue.

I couldn't get pass the first five minute, the asian actress voice is like fucking nails on a chalkboard to me.

>always makes the right decisions
But she fucked up. If she hadn't gone out to the ship, if they'd just left the area, the Klingons couldn't have sprung their trap.

>Her captain defers to basically every recommendation she makes.
Except she doesn't. When she wants to fire on the ship, her captain tells her to fuck off. Then, later on, when she volunteers to deliver the proton torpedo herself and die with it, her captain is like no, that's dumb, let's put it on a corpse (a plan she should have come up with since she knew about the corpses).

why did they go with that whole Vulcan thing, It was like watching a fan fiction

It had to be spocks dad as well

She not unlikable, Sup Forumsparasite, you're just racist.

A combination of nonsensical writing and terrible acting.
The preview showing her as a prisoner trying to look tough was laughable.
She really comes off as having a huge ego that doesn't give a shit about authority. How the fuck did she fain her position to begin with?

>who always makes the right decisions

I've only watched the first episode, but goddamn you are wrong

>first officer volunteers to go out and get irradiated
>suppose to be a flyby, instead lands on it
>kills the Klingon instead of just flying away
>barks at the captain in front of the entire bridge
>tries to vulcan neck pinch the captain
>tries to fire on the Klingons after knocking out the captain

The entire episode was her fucking up repeatedly.

Obviously. Its not her demeanor and cocky behaviour I disliked. It was her skin. You sure got me mister!

YASSSS QUEEN

>Human raised by Vulcans
Stop. You already fucked it.

>vulcaboo acts more "vulcan" than actual vulcans

Sarak should've been a bigger part of the show imho

Because she is utterly unrelatable in any way. Hell the god damn Klingons are more relatable
>Man who wishes to see his shattered empire reunited and strong, willing to take in outcasts and outsiders
>Outcast who wishes to be accepted by his society

Michael meanwhile has been given no real purpose or clear desires. She doesnt seem to want to command her own ship, prove herself or anything interesting. She would be ok as a side character but the freakin alien science officer is more relatable as a character and more interesting at this point.

Another problem is none of the characters (save the Klingons) are interesting. I don't remember anyone's name save for Michael and that is only because she has a masculine name and keep feeling like this character was supposed to be male in the first draft of this script. No other characters aside from the captain and science officer have had any fleshing out so we only really have Michael to focus on who is a bad character and seems like pic related more then anyone else.

>pic related
Fuck me forgot it

Don't forget the "raised by Sarek" maymay.

>I don't remember anyone's name save for Michael and that is only because she has a masculine name and keep feeling like this character was supposed to be male in the first draft of this script.
Bryan Fuller who was original heading up the show has a thing for female characters with male names.
Mystery solved.

Dont forget Harry mudd

If cuckoldry a normal thing in ST universe?

What?

>I react to things preemptively to go complain on forums so I seem above it all

idiots, the show is great

Well I, for myself, liked it too. The only problem I have that the main character is so insufferably cocky and egoistic

>Netflix has Klingon subs
Do you get this on CBS, Americans?

Cast her because of the color of her skin, not her acting abilities or relate-ability or charisma as a performer?

I would say the writing is bad with her character.

So it doesn't even have context within the story? That makes it even dumber.

>you're mad
>I'm Mudd

What did he mean by this?

So she can grow as a character and become likeable over time as we see her get over her hangups and problems?

I love how after Episode 2 she turns into the "We Wuz" token black person.

Stronk Indepent trans black womyn that don't need no man.

>mutinies the captain in the first episode

Dropped

y

I hope so. She was quite insufferable in the first two episodes. Something like Daenerys.

>streaming show
>still only 40 minutes long
so it's just a failed network show they decided to dump on their streaming service?

This is the problem with trying to make star trek a protagonist-based show instead of an ensemble show. Imagine how boring it would be if the entirety of TNG revolved around just Data with everyone else being these super minor characters. Shit would get old real quick

Michaels is Wesley, except in the case of Wesley he was a main character but not the only character so the writers could sideline and then remove him from the cast

This cannot happen here, the entire show revolves around her.

This was pretty good honestly. Memers calm down.

>Netflix geared up for this to be serious trek

I hope they sue the shit out of CBS

>Grow as a character
That's fine and all but having your second in command being a complete fuck up at every turn is bad writing. She can be flawed but to be at that rank she needs to be better than this. Barkley being a fuck up and growing as a character worked.

Why wasn't she Spock's daughter?

>Netflix geared up for this to be serious trek
more like serious kek

Michael is such an annoying character. An emotional human doing a Vulcan schtick half of the time just doesn't work. Crying or yelling and then turning around and telling people what the logical course of action is. Terrible. When real Vulcans like Spock or Tuvok lay down the monotone law, it comes from a place of pure logic. Those characters represent self discipline and willpower taken to the extreme. If a character is undisciplined, hyper emotional, and having outbursts, that completely undermines the serious logical side. You can't ever take them seriously and they come across as almost condescending when they start talking like a Vulcan.

>Casting eye candy that can't act.
>Top it off with bad writing.
>Expecting people to pay extra to watch.

Nice.

Here's how they should've done it:

Michaels comes aboard the shenzou as she did when we had the flashback when we first met asian lady captain. Say that she is a sub-commander in the Vulcan High Command and has accepted a Starfleet commission with the rank of Lt. Cmdr. She is introduced as a human raised by vulcans who struggles with her emotions. She is basically Seven of Nine, a human who has difficulty with emotional thinking because of her background, and is in conflict with starfleet's values. Then, put her in different situations where she has to deal with different emotional stresses.

DO NOT start in medias res. DO NOT do shitty little flashbacks. There was just too much going on. She's emotional, because she's human, but she's logical because she's raised by vulcans, and it's been 7 years since she's been out of all that so...where's her emotional state at? What's her motivation here?

indeed it felt like
just add some vulcan for the fans
and in the next episode add some directx 12

Redemption arc.

BAZOOKA

My only gripe is the whole Sarek/Spock connection, which is utterly unnecessary.
Pretend this isn't the case and everything else flows fine. (in the first two eps at least).

Why she was named "Michael" is beyond me though, perhaps the Vulcans don't know about earth's gendered names?

nah, she's in the show because she's pretty.
That's all really.

Inb4 she is trans.

>Why she was named "Michael" is beyond me though, perhaps the Vulcans don't know about earth's gendered names?
Bryan Fuller's little quirk, all his female characters have male names.

Bryan fuller has a fetish!