Were the Klingons meant to be a metaphor for Muslims, and Starfleet a metaphor for the West?

Were the Klingons meant to be a metaphor for Muslims, and Starfleet a metaphor for the West?

1. The Klingons are almost all dark, brown skinned people, like Muslims. Meanwhile, Starfleet is multiethnic, like the West.

2. The Klingons do not want to integrate within Starfleet society and wish to assert their own identity, much the same way Muslims refuse to integrate to Western culture and standards and want to do things like have Sharia law.

3. The Klingons want a "crusade," which is just another word for jihad.

4. Organizations like ISIS want to unite Muslims against the West. T'Kuvma wants to unite the Klingons against Starfleet.

5. This was the one that really tipped me off: when Michael says that it is in Klingons' nature to be violent, she is called a racist more or less, to which she replies there is a difference between race and culture. This is similar to when people criticize Islam for being violent and get called racist, to which they say they're criticizing a religion/culture, not a race.

Guys, I think Klingons are Space Muslims and this show is redpilled as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Jerusalem#Late_Antiquity_period
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You keep trying op one day you will get there.

>I wanted to hate this show because the press material triggered me so much but I surprisingly enjoyed it so now I grasp at straws trying to think of ways to argue that it politically agrees with me so I can cram it into my narrow bigoted worldview and allow myself to enjoy it

>brown skinned people, like Muslims
But most Muslims aren't brown skinned.

I thought about that, but I'm talking more of the media's portrayal of Muslims as brown and popular western images of Muslims as brown people (often, those critical of Islam are told that they "hate brown people") rather than actual demographics.

I think you might be onto something
namely, a bullet train headed to page 10

pro tip: don't waste your time trying to make (you) bait on Sup Forums. You're obviously not good at it, and even if you were, even scratching your ass would be more proficient.

>T'Kuvma
lmao how is that not supposed to evoke some African warlord

>Guys, I think Klingons are Space Muslims and this show is redpilled as fuck.
yep, it's ham fisted as fuck too
muzzie gonna be mad

I think they made it pretty clear that the Klingons value individualism and conflict as a means of self-improvement (see Mandalorians) while the Federation is all about peaceful exploration and unity. Neither ideology is inherently "wrong" but since the Klingons view the Federation as doomed to stagnation and atrophy while slowly assimilating other races into that state of stagnation, it's inevitable that they'll clash. I actually like this aspect a lot.

AHAHAHA FUCKING SHITSKIN MUDSLIMES BTFO BY LIBERALS AGAIN

that's a very simplified and plain wrong view on the today's muslim issue, but hey, we are on Sup Forums.

But these guys aren't even real Klingons, right? They are a radical sub-faction?
Or was that just some bullshit I read before?

Klingons in the original series were more like those old Frank Capra videos of Japanese people.
Obsessed with war and honor, with a weird language but still civil in a way.

Muslims are not civil, even if there are no christians nor jews in sight they'll still kill each other over microscopic details of their faith.

I'm honestly looking for some discussion. If I was going for (You) bait, I'd be pretending to be a SJW or something like that. Honestly, I don't know if they intended it or not (probably not), but I think my interpretation will stand up to actual criticism regardless (once I get actual criticism and discussion, and not just cynicism and baseless dismissal).

Makes you think.

Why did they turn Klingons from handsome and stlyish black dudes into grotesque monsters?

They are but they ended up being the faction that united the other houses under their banner. If you mean design-wise, yeah I think they're going with this as the main look. I'm fine with it though, I want aliens looking more distinct and less human.

No one compared TOS Klingons to Muslims. OP is talking about Discovery.

Yea, I thought I read something about these guys being some sort renegade space faring Klingon faction, which I thought is the reason why they look so fucking weird and why they are obsessed with funeral rites.
But if all Klingons look like these then what the fuck is the excuse this time for this visual redesign?

>hey how do we call the bad guy?
>how about T'RUMP?
>cool but change the letters a bit so it isn't as obvious
>T'KUVMA?
>perfect

ahhh ok then

To be fair, it's not the first time they've been redesigned. If I had to guess, it's for the same reason they redesigned them before: to make them look more alien and less like humans in bad, cheap makeup.

T'kuvma's just mad he was named in a female Vulcan style.

makes them seem more alien, like you could imagine having a conversation with someone like Martok, but T'Kuvma is more beast than man.

>Talking about Klingon supremacy and starting crusades
I dunno about you but that makes me think more about far right white nationalists than Muslims. Especially since Burnham is supposed to be the main character and she kept going on about how they can't just wait for them to fire first, they have to take the first shot. I thought that was supposed to represent anti fa's yearning to punch Nazis and be a shout-out to SJWs

Why did they redesign Klingons instead of making a new race? The Klingons were redesigned between TOS and TMP, but that was done by Roddenberry himself when they got a bigger budget to work with. That redesign was actually explained lore-wise too. Is this show not cannon with the TV shows/movies? Is it in the JJ universe? The tone and technology definitely seemed to match the JJ movies.

>crusades
Doesn't even make sense, since crusades were military operations to recover stolen lands by Muslims after a Jihad. The Kilgons seem to be set on starting shit and invading just for steal land, Muslim Jihad style.
Of course, using the word "Jihad" in a tv show is just asking for a full chimp-out.

>klingons are muslim
>start a fair face to face fight
>federation is western civ
> straps a bomb to a dead body like a proper jew would
seems about right actually

>recover stolen lands
stolen from who? kek
the holy land was NEVER christian you dumb retard!

Any "message" is left purposefully vague so that the viewer's confirmation bias kicks in.

t. shitskin turk

>fair face to face fight
They don't, though. They surprise jump them with greater numbers and firepower. And then they crash their ship into main ship while their ship is hidden, a sneak attack that calls back to 9/11.

>start a fair face to face fight
>"yes we accept your cease fire"
>sends a stealth suicide bomber into the flagship
Lie and then backstab, straight out of Mohamed's playbook at Medina

most of the middle east was christian before the savage invasion of the sub humans muslims thieves, actually, my goatfucking friend

I heard it had something to do with licensing, but I really think they just wanted to do the same as Roddenberry did, show how much more alien Klingons could look with an even bigger budget. I kind of wish they made them bigger.

>actually
>not true at all
top.kek

It's cool, no biggie, I know Arabs are huge on historical revisionism, and deny the vile crimes of their people while making up shit like "Islamic Golden Age."
Can't say I blame you, Arabs are barely above blacks and stealing from others and appropriating is their only claim to fame. No one excepts more from you anyway.

You're applying too much logic to this my friend. Normies will hear crusades and automatically think of bad white Christians killing innocent Muslims who dindu nuffin. Whether it makes actual sense as a historical parallel is irrelevant. The audiences they're trying to reach with this show don't think on that level

idk what kind of derka derka history program you had in school but he's right.

>federation rising star nigger kills their dude, on THEIR ship, while she "explores".
>klingon ship arrives, sees only one fed flagship
>waits for their fleet to arrive
>they do, they're still outnumbered
>start a battle, kick their ass, even spare a ship that poses no threat to them
> still somehow the west christians are more moral.
holy fucking shit, the delusion of the west always being "the good guys" rund so deep.

fair enough

>Remember how Mongols would bruttaly wipe out entire cities but leave few survivors to scare the next town
>Mongols were the good guys!
lmao, sandnigger logic

based

Sup Forums btfo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Jerusalem#Late_Antiquity_period

it's blatantly obvious who were the most savage and untrustworthy people in the holy land

And most niggers don't steal

No biggie, pirating anyway

nice nitpicking skills you got there user, learned that on Sup Forums or did your delusional parents teach you that?

>klingons go into starfleet territory and destroy starfleet property in order to lure them in
>klingons hide waiting for them
>klingon attacks an innocent, unarmed explorer first without any provocation
>klingons wait so they can have a big war, and then attack when starfleet was offering them peace and diplomacy
>klingons sneak attack a ship like cowardly terrorists after agreeing to diplomatic talks
>klingons leave survivors only to live as evidence of their atrocities
>"but the klingons are goodies because contrarianism"

>it's blatantly obvious who were the most savage and untrustworthy people in the holy land
Yea, we already established it's Muslims.

ST producers have wanted to revillify the Klingons for ages, going back to season 4 of DS9. Fans won't let them though so this is there way to do so

Sandniggers really are the most delusional retards, listening to them prattle on about ebil white colonial man keeping them down while they're living off millions of tax kronas here is the most pathetic shit

>nitpicking
dat some high level projection, but I would not expect the capacity for logic from a man who worships the pedophile prophet

They are basically alt-righters/muslim extremists/any other nationalist/supremacist group. Look up horseshoe theory.

>multiethnic

Klingon fanboys are the worst part of the Trek fandom.

Plus the prophet talk, which is very Muslim.

It is pretty funny. They whine so much, but they enslaved and murdered more blacks than anyone else in history. No one knows how many millions of Hindus they killed and ensalved, and millions murdered and enlsaved in Europe too after 1000 years of invasions. And they all of their greatest achievements is shit they stole from Greeks and Persians.

But we waz victimz!

But they, that's what happens when you marry and rape your 12 year old cousin over the centuries.
pic related

They could vilify the Klingons without doing a whole redesign though.

Thanks Sargon

They could, but if they're changing up the Klingons, they may as well go full throttle.

Media 101, first lesson:

Evil = Trump.

Yeah,no see libtards are so fucking blind that they see this as an allegory for republicans and trump. Even though, as you pointed out, it has become a perfect allegory for Muslims and their place in our western world. To a libtard, they just see trump in everything. And in fact, that was the writer's intention...

The extent of their cultural blindness and over sensitivity is actually quite astounding.
Rather than see problems, accept them and work to fix them, they read about "problems" on Facebook,work themselves up about cultural problems that haven't existed in decades and then generalize about people who's political views differ only slightly from their own.often demonizing them to an extreme.

That's why libs all tink trump is literally Hitler. Because they read about it and are incapable of seeing how bad Hitler actually was, and how trump is simply a loudmouth, and nowhere near a murderous dictator.

Basically, the internet has become reality to these morons. And its a reality built on shifting sands, where popular opinion and rumors spread like wildfire and thinking for yourself is frowned upon.

But whatever. Star trek sucked for decades now anyway. I honestly think its the Facebook generation "le nerds" who this show was made for anyway.

DISCOVERY 8.2 MILLION VIEWERS - BARELY MORE THAN ORVILLE LOL

The rest of the episodes behind the paywall will fare significantly worse than MacFarlane.
The Orville won 2017's star trek paraolympics.

From what I've heard (the show will probably make it more clear later) they're a radical group yeah. It's why they look and dress different, since this is the prime universe. They're "remaining Klingon" and upholding old customs. T'Kuvma's ship is an old relic, they shave their heads, dress in traditional garb.

Since this is only shortly before TOS, we might even see smooth faced Klingons or Klingons with hair that look more like the ones from the movies and TNG.

Of course they'll still look different because the advancements of special effects have always resulted in Star Trek aliens being redesigned. Look at the original Borg from TNG, or how Romulans don't even look like Vulcans after TOS. Plus like, we're 10 years before Kirk and nobody is dressed in 1960s pajamas.