Are there any good online reviewers who know their shit when it comes to comics...

Are there any good online reviewers who know their shit when it comes to comics? Or are they all people who have read a few comics and then wiki the rest (if even that) like Linkara?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vm5RtK1NvXE&t=363s
youtube.com/user/WebcomicRelief
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Are there any good
stopped reading there
no there arent any good
there wont be any good

good does not exist
only endless despair and suffering
self mutilation is the only way out

The strip panel naked guy is better than most.

HMMMM

the thing is the only people who would be interested in watching this are people who know comics

and if you know comics your likely not just someone who casually grabs an issue of Archie at the grocery store so you really don't need someone to review for you because unlike movies, you can flip throw a book before buying it.

depending on the store.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

>reviewers
I didn't know narrating a comic and throwing in non-sequitur quips every 10 seconds was considered reviewing. What would critiquing a piece of media based upon expectations and delivery vs one's values be?

Yes, we all know he's a pervert.

Does anybody actually use reviews in that way? I don't think I've ever used a review as a means of figuring out if I want to see a movie.....hell, now that I think about it I generally only watch reviews for movies I HAVE seen, but just want to hear another persons perspective about it

I use reviews they way they're meant to be used... but only if they're concise reviews that focus on the product, rather than the personality and ego of the reviewer.

I always thought these types of reviewers are meant just as much (if not more) for comedy/entertainment as they are for actual analysis.

Having said that, I lost interest in Linkara hen he got focused on Power Rangers/Star Trek cosplay adventures, with his character being this weird mary sue. Also his reviews became less funny.

His reviews were never funny.

Maybe its just because I was younger.

What would happen if linkara was made into a dc editor?

Don't put yourself down like that, user. Those old reviews are for you to enjoy. Don't listen to a guy like that

He couldn't handle that kind of job, he's way too much of an autist.

he's a huge autist and a huge SJW so nothing good

I kinda stopped giving a shit about Linkara's opinion the second he said that a story can't be good if it deals with real world themes like racism

>Are there any good online reviewers who know their shit when it comes to comics?

There kind of are but most of the time a lot of online reviewers are still kinda terrible because either they wear their biases on their sleeve or think snark is a good gimmick.

wouldn't that make DC more like modern marvel?

the only good thing Linkara did that is not attached to Spoony was his Power Rangers anthology and that's it.

yes

Did he really say that? Got a source?

Yeah. I wanna say the video was from 2013, possibly a star trek comic review. He pretty much said if anything goes out of its way to be propaganda that it cannot ever be good. Which is kinda hilarious considering his videos are just soapboxes for him to say whatever the fuck he thinks is right and wrong on

Obligatory post

And I think those started going downhill later on and he took too long to release them.

I still wonder if this post is true to this day, although I do believe Linkara was always a jerk to people.

the crossover Brad did with Linkara is kind of hilarious. Brad seems so contemptuous of everything that is obviously Linkara's idea (because Cinema Snob doesn't do shit like that)

Didn't someone find a whole bunch of forum posts where he talked about how much he loves to suck tranny dicks?

I like Doug in this. He seems like a pretty nice guy out of camera.

youtube.com/watch?v=vm5RtK1NvXE&t=363s This guy?

>Yup

Brad is awesome

Oh no

I mean I read on here once that he likes to ERP online as a big black football player, and I heard he dated a tranny, but that's the first I'm hearing of this.

Remember when Lewis squandered $60,000 and this was the best he could afford to do for an endoskeleton?

To be fair, part of that is Saban's fault for releasing DVD volumes several months apart. At least for the recent episodes.

No they're all shit.

>follow a small channel
>guy lacks bias and gives genuine opinions on certain comics, no sjw stuff either
>hit a few thousand subs
>what's up guys i'm opening a patreon now cause i want better quality for my videos, oh and btw my wife is pregnant
>few months later everything is the same except an intro anyone could have made in WMM in 5 minutes

I wonder where that Patreon money is going...

Anyone have the nasty cock slut one?

Hellriser - he focuses primarily on webcomics but is pretty entertaining. He's a Dane so you have to get used to his accent.

youtube.com/user/WebcomicRelief

He roasted the shit out of lots of comics but still gives pointers to other comic-artists/writers.

Why did Sup Forums turn on him though? Just because he disliked that shitty Hillary movie?

Also midnight screenings is GOAT

This. Strip panel naked is fucking amazing cause he breaks the medium down. Most others just cover stories he covers how comics are made

But everyone has biases. The only way to get past that is to have a varried cast and i have yet to see that

there's no point trying to figure out Sup Forums's thought processes.

Brad loves reviewing smutty/shitty movies for a living, there's probably something really minor about that which triggers them.

I think it was a combination of that plus their assumption he took shots at James during the whole Ghostbusters 2016 debacle.