Instead of being an enlightened individual who has realized the distinction between the nations and the elements that...

>Instead of being an enlightened individual who has realized the distinction between the nations and the elements that define them are artificial, unlocking great power, the Avatar is instead 'special' because they have a spiritual parasite sucking on their soul

Great idea Bryke.

>Instead of being an enlightened individual who has realized the distinction between the nations and the elements that define them are artificial, unlocking great power
that was never the case though, the Avatar was always just born with the power to use all the elements and enter the avatar state

there are plenty of reasons to dislike LoK but this wasn't one of them

>that was never the case though, the Avatar was always just born with the power to use all the elements and enter the avatar state
The Avatar could only voluntarily enter the Avatar state after completing their training, and part of that is realizing that the elements and the nations aren't separate. This is expounded upon multiple times in Airbender and is a key part of Aang's spiritual growth.

Before that, the Avatar state was an uncontrollable defense mechanism, drawing on all the knowledge of their past lives through pure instinct.

I suggest you rewatch it.

> It's not a retcon!

Yes it was. Bryke pulled a Lucas with the Rava/Vatu shit

The whole thing was a great big waste of potential. 60+ hours of lesbian fanfiction that adds nothing of value and actually hurts the themes of the original subject with weird alterations of established canon.
Now I get to watch the thread fill up with idiots attempting great feats of mental gymnastics trying to defend this tripe.
Good times.

I don't know how anyone gets it into their head to be mad and indignant that creators go with their own ideas rather than what some random nerd's headcanon already was.
Also, Raava wasn't a parasite.

>Yes it was. Bryke pulled a Lucas with the Rava/Vatu shit
I know the Raava thing wasn't introduced until LoK, what I said was it didn't contradict what had been said in ATLA

Korra threads these days are nearly as insufferable as Batman vs Superman threads.

>lesbian fanfiction
First I've heard this, most people say the lesbian element wasn't there at all.

The last water avatar literally spent all his time surfing and doing jack shit

Korra at least made some attempts to do her job

>>Instead of being an enlightened individual who has realized the distinction between the nations and the elements that define them are artificial,

That was what the United Republic of Nations was. All four nations, or 3 plus 4 airbenders, were living together. So the distinction was already down.

How is it Bryke's faults that you don't know what the word "avatar" means?

definition: a manifestation of a deity or released soul in bodily form on earth; an incarnate divine teacher.

non-definition: a person with a ghost tick stuck to their soul

>Also, Raava wasn't a parasite.
She ticks every box for the definition of a parasite.

And the show has been over for years now and the comics don't come out till next year.

And the comics will likely "contradict" more of the headcanon people have made about how things in Avatar work.

Okay what does the Avatar spirit take at the expense of the host?

wow you are going to keep making this shit thread

>is the mortal incarnation of the spirit of light
>Isn't an Avatar

You're dumb and you should feel dumb.

It's not even 5 minutes of lesbian fanfiction. The 60+ hours are just wasted time not writing about the interesting concepts brought up by the show.

Didn't TLA establish that the Avatar was the reincarnation of the spirit of the planet or something?

Not him but they aren't incarnations of raava. They're people with Raava attached to them. Raava is a seperate entity to the Avatar.

>You're dumb and you should feel dumb.
Raava and the human spirit of the Avatar are two different beings. None of them are Raava's physical manifestation. She directly latched onto Wan's soul.

The ability to live their own life instead of having to act out her insane ideology of stagnation.

>wow you are going to keep making this shit thread
>it's all one person, multiple people can't figure out what a shitshow Korra was

That would have actually made sense.

The ability to learn more than one form of bending at all was still predicated on BEING THE FUCKING AVATAR though. You act as if literally anyone could access the avatar state so long as they first learn all 4 forms of bending regardless of birth right.

Biggest Avatar mistakes

>lion turtles
>raava/that other faggot
>spirit world

This garbage completely ruined the mysticality aspect with dull in-your-face explanations. The last arc was also total garbage, Kuvira was always a joke compared to evil raava

Doing nothing is leagues better than fucking everything up irreparably.

It never states anything like that as far as I can tell. It's mostly just person upon person upon person.

>Before that, the Avatar state was an uncontrollable defense mechanism, drawing on all the knowledge of their past lives through pure instinct.

How did you think this was accomplished, if not through some sort of spiritual parasite? The Avatar spirit, as originally described, is a sort of parasite that latches onto unborn souls. Unless you're suggesting that fetus Aang and Korra somehow achieved enlightenment in the womb?

no the same idiots keep makeing the same thread over and over and you retards even shit up other avatar threads

According to Buddhist practice, the next Buddha is always decided before they are born, and in fact have a genealogy tree for it. There is no intrinsic spiritual parasite to each no incarnation of the buddha, just the transfer of the essence of the buddha. I assume the same applies to the avatar. So tl;dr fuck you, you imbecile.

Lmao, are you serious? You still have a discrete personality being born and then having this ridiculous burden of ten thousand previous identities and their divine mandate forced upon it. How is it that you don't consider that to be parasitic but do consider it to be parasitic once yet another entity is added to the mix?

I think it would have been better if the first avatar had been a buddha like figure that choose to stay in the reincarnation circle to help everyone reach enlightenment before moving on him/herself.

Because the backstory of the parasitic spirit was stupid, and had no bearing in any real life stories or mythical arts. It was a retcon, and a stupid one at that, for a stupid show.

fair enough

Multicult and race mixing is wrong

We get it. Korra was bad. Can we move on already?

No one is asking you to not hide this thread or post in it. You can move on, some of us choose to enjoy our displeasure.

I do appreciate the select few people who don't gush over Wan's story and say it was the one enjoyable thing out of Legend of Korra. I found it like you said.

you are one pathetic bitch

Wait a minute, are you E;R?

If so, add me on steam nigga Frood (MAGA)

user, no matter how a nonbender understands things, he can't do shit. Do you think that's fair?

Avatar was never supposed to have a fair world. I was always about people with special powers and explaining their origin don't change anything.

I always assumed it was the world balancing itself out.

Originally the backstory was interesting and tied to the idea of a buddha, an enlightened individual, who as I pointed out before was predestined for this. You can't just say that and pretend the new story was good because of it, the new story was still SHIT.

Its clear the original mythos was written by someone who understood Asian themes of natural and spiritual balance while the revisions in LoK was just a western themed good god vs bad god locked in eternal struggle retread with an Asian coat of paint.

Its a shame, but its completely in line with LoK's complete failure to live up to anything that made A:TLA interesting, from the story lines to the character arcs to the fight choreography, with the exception being season 3.

>w what the word "avatar" means?
No retard avatar as in a body you operate under in video game, the avatar is really the meatsuit of a powerful spirit.

People who say the show was focused on lesbians obviously never saw the show, or very little of it.

Yeah there's a reason people called the writers out on the stupid "hetero lens" bullshit

"Oh you can't see how they were obviously super gay this whole time because you subconsciously hate gay people"

I think that sums up the whole gambit of LoK. Bad everything written off because it was "The fan's" fault for it, not because of their writing is bad.

'understanding' things is not particularly hard. Tying power to that understanding is stupid in the first place as other said people would not achieve it by going through the exact same proccess.

Honestly, at this point i don't think those things even conflict; yeah, the avatar needs such understand to achieve avatar state, but all that mumbo jumbo needs to come from somewhere.