So why does Sup Forums want this film to fail so much? Literally 90% of you say/want it to be shit

So why does Sup Forums want this film to fail so much? Literally 90% of you say/want it to be shit.

Because Villeneuve is a hack

I hate that it exists. I hate the implications for Deckard's character.

I will reserve judgement but it better be REALLY damn good to justify it's existence, and I doubt it will be. That's why I'm mad. I feel like they are literally ruining the first movie by putting Deckard in the new one.

Because bladerunner was trash, this director is trash and ford is willis

>property is noted for how original and unique it is

>HEY LETS COPY IT!

Just ask the question "Why does this story need to be told?" Aka "Why is this a Bladerunner movie and not original?"

If the answer is "because money" then I hope it fails so Hollywood stops remaking things without reason.

If the movie comes out and the story is good and you can see that it made sense for Bladerunner to have this story in it's universe then I will be fine. But if it's an obvious cash grab then I hope it bombs.

Name one director that isn't then.

I want it to succeed without breaking the myth of the first one. And simultaneously build a myth of it's own. However everything points to a soft reboot,

>muh imbligations
Deckard was never a replicant.

It's a sequel, not a reboot you dense fuck.

We already know the story though
officer repilKant doesn't know hes one and is sent by letos character to find ford because he knows how to keep them alive forever

Well the new movie will confirm it for us, rather than it being a mystery.

Because Sony is terrible at marketing.
From the trailers everyone is expecting a heavy action and explosion filled film while it will be the usual slow burning tension filled narrative with the focus on visual storytelling like most Villeneuve films.
The runtime is 2 hours and 43 minutes, normies will call it "boring" and "nothing happens" and the same thing will happen on Sup Forums/spoiler]

Spielberg.

Read the original screenplay. All drafts.

Because I desperately want to fuck Ana de Armas, and the more successful she is, the lower my chances become.

>tfw we're both from Havana
>tfw she's only 9 years older than me

There IS at least one reality where we fuck.

Don't start this. No one knows. If you want to get technical, the director himself said he is one, and the unicorn origami does all but confirm it.

I don't want it to fail, but I think the likelihood of it being good are very low.

>The runtime is 2 hours and 43 minutes
damn that's a relief I was expecting a ~107 minute action movie. I honestly hope it turns out to be good and normies hate it.

If you kill yourself you might wake up in that reality. Could be worth a shot.

We KNOW it will fail

Blade Runner was a bad movie. Sure, people enjoy imagining the atmosphere, and they like to talk to each other on forums about the visuals or how the concept from the book that inspired the movie was good... but man, as a movie, it was shit. It was a bad movie. And now we have a sequel starring an actor best known for being autistic and an old fart that gave his last fuck sometime in the late 20th century.

This made me a little optimistic, actually. I could actually see this being good...

Trips of truth

I've only ever seen the director's cut, but I don't think it's a bad movie at all. I'm admittedly a pleb but I love Braderunnah.

>normies
What are your top 10 films of all time? I mean can already tell its going to be entry level normalfag tier hogwash based on the fact that you called trashmans work "films"

In no particular order
>Wake in Fright
>The Vanishing (Spoorloos)
>Fail-Safe
>Man Bites Dog
>Pickpocket
>The Conversation
>Eraserhead
>The Wages of Fear
>No Country for Old Men
>Das Boot

Don't use "normie" or even normalfag ever again

it looks like a reboot,being more "actual" and with the goose being a young deckard.
I hope the big deal isnt deckard being an aging replicant or something like that.

ok my dear triggered normalfag normie friend

>Cash grab

>The Budget is $200 million.
>squeal for a movie normal people have never heard of and most who have watched it hated it.
>literally no advertising compared to other """Hollywood""" movies
>almost all people I talk to irl has no interest in watching it.
>long run time(obviously people making the film care about it)

This would have to be the worst attempt at an easy cash grab, the film probably wont make profit.

And exactly how is he a hack?

And you forgot to mention that it's R rated.

I love Blade Runner, and I'm excited for 2049...

But Sony Columbia riddles their films with product placement. They definitely made a few million from that budget back already.

yes exactly that too.

This. Fuck Ridley Scott. Deckard being a replicant was one of the most bone-headed decisions he ever had.

True sony is pretty shitty for that reason. Although product placement would actually unironically fit really well in a sci-fi dystopian world.

Yeah, there was the obvious Coke and Atari ads in Blade Runner to begin with.

>Blade Runner was a bad movie.
Then why is it considered the most influential sci-fi media ever made?

It isn’t. One of the most, maybe, but not the most.

This is how I know Sup Forums is full of hateful cocksuckers.

Spielberg most definitely isn’t a hack but yeah, Sup Forums just likes to shit on everything. Don’t let it get under your skin.

Wrong. Officer K is a child who was the product of Replicant/human love. Replicants can replicate humans now. He finds out he's a son of Replicant and human.

I don't think she likes fat cuban spics

Villeneuve is ten times the director than that cynical jew piece of shit who has ruined Hollywood with his trite garbage.

I'm not even a fan of Spielberg but you're absolutely incorrect, user.

>as a movie, it was shit. It was a bad movie
HAHAHAHA this is what people who hate film tell themselves

Sup Forums doesn't. "Sup Forums" does.

>focus on visual storytelling like most Villeneuve films
?

>Harrison, this is a billion dollar scifi epic that relies heavily on style and atmosphere, could you at least put on this leather jacket that oru costume department made for you?

because it's a sequel to a movie that was both inspiring and perfectly self contained

any sequel would serve only to double dip on what was once groundbreaking - nothing will change after this movie. Sci-Fi will not reimagine it's dystopias, AI plots will not change, etc.

We will just have to seen a less important blade runner movie.

A lot of the stills look pretty underwhelming desu. Lots of flat lighting and bare sets. Nothing I've seen so far conveys the atmosphere or look of LA in the original movie.

Because Blade Runner is one of my favorite movies. If this sequel is a hit with normies we can expect the Star Warsification of Blade Runner.

Normies love Villeneuve so don't get your hopes up