How badly does it bother you that they are making this like one of those shitty Underworld movies

How badly does it bother you that they are making this like one of those shitty Underworld movies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1kaRj_Kv1nQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not at all because Aquaman sucks and no one cares about him

fuck off

This desu
If anything sees it they just want to jerk off to Momoa

Nah. Even though they're obviously trying to exaggerate Arthur's "badass" qualities, I think the movie reinterpretation works for Aquaman in a way that Superman's didn't.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Momoa was the best part of that shitty Conan reboot and Making aurthor a 'barbarian of the sea' might work out. We'll have to see what atlantis looks like and if the world building and aesthetics are consistent this could be good.

It could be good.

Arthur's kinda bland anyways
It's his supporting characters that has made the new stuff good

Even though Arthur has always been depicted as a blonde haired, blue eyed Aryan his race has never been a relevant part of his character.

His father worked in a fucking lighthouse and it's not like being a lighthouse keeper is a particularly prestigious job closely guarded by white people. Also, most of Arthur's dealings to do with his ethnicity are Atlanteans bitching about him being a half breed.

I'm totally down for a badass Jason Momoa Aquaman, also their basing his appearance of Aquaman's GOAT look from the 90s, which is the best Aquaman look and I wish they'd have Rebirth Aquaman grow his hair and beard out.

TO BE FAIR

I h8 u

Hair no, beard yes

The horrible Dunn run had him with long shaggy hair
Terrible

Yeah I'm not blaming anybody, he's hot, but let's get real, nobody wants the movie for reasons other than that

But I love Underworld

>I have never read an aquaman comic

Underworld is legitimately better than any CapeFilm from the last 5 years.

>YFW the film ends with Aquaman fighting the Lovecraft monster in his own realm and when Aquaman wins he returns to the real world and his hair is now blonde

Yeah, certainly people aren't excited for his acting ability.

I feel bad for Mamoa in that film because he knew it was shit and wanted a better story and characterization for Conan

>Momoa was the best part of that shitty Conan reboo

What a funny way of spelling Ron Perlman.

He already has pale eyes

Yeah
When he started out in Atlantis, he was pretty terrible, even as a stoic tough guy.

But he really did grow as an actor over the show.

If they make Atlantis look like a gilded Mycenean city in its prime, that would definitely fit this Aquaman. Bonus points if its in a deep dark sea cavern, which would explain why he came out of a cave to attack the probe

t. Black Manta

Fuck off IHE

What they wanted to do with the cave bit is to make him look like a dead sea creature like an eel or something.
They're going for the dangerous side of the ocean.
Not clown fish and dolphins but anglerfish and sharks.

I wouldn't be surprised if they take part of the plot from the Trench arc

>I wouldn't be surprised if they take part of the plot from the Trench arc

Rumors I've heard is that they are with Black Manta seeking out a McGuffin which allows him to control the creatures from the Trench.

Extra bonus points if the Atlantis theme has the same ancient underwater feel of 0:16

youtube.com/watch?v=1kaRj_Kv1nQ

I heard Manta wasn't going to be in it?
Has he been cast?

Also the MacGuffin is consistent with the comics. Manta also goes after the Scepter of Atlan there

I'm guessing that the Atlantis design will be something Lovecraftian.
Lots of soft organic curves. Gigeresque but without the sex.

Wan is a horror director.
Everything is pointing to a very Eldritch Atlantis.

All the rumors I've heard have involved Black Manta being the villain, which I'd do as this is going to be Aquaman's first solo movie and you might as well use his greatest villain.

But they are just rumors. Also, I'm not arguing that the McGuffin doesn't make sense I just wasn't sure of the names of the various Atlantean McGuffins.

In today's political climate they needed a non white to play Aquaman or they wouldn't be able to use Black Manta

I hope they do Manta justice regardless
At least as good as he is in Young Justice

This.
Underworld is always the same quality.

Well, in order to bother me I'd have to care.
And I do not care about DC's feeble attempts at making a rival cinematic universe, because they're doing a laughable job.
As evident by Aquaman getting pushed back to 2018.

Using the Nu52 origin for Manta's hate would be super ballsy nowadays consider BLM
Kinda wish they kept it that way with a white as fuck Arthur so that they can make Manta's hate resonate with audiences

I've only seen the first two
And there's like 5 or something now?
Are the rest worth watching?

But Aquaman would have to beat the shit out of him in the end. The fact that Manta is a homicidal maniac will go ignored because he's black and Aquaman looks like Hitlers wet dream

But that's be great!
Good movie should be "problematic"
It makes people feel shit and that's the whole point

Having an Aryan ubermensch Aquaman beat the shit out of Manta and then realize he's wrong would be great.
People would eat that shit up

Yeah, some SJW websites would slam it, but people would go

But they didn't cast a Hitler youth looking guy as Aquaman you fucking idiot. They cast a brown person. We're in fact talking about Jasom Momoa as Aquaman.

Read the guy he's replying to, dummy

Learn to follow a thread , retard

>But they didn't cast a Hitler youth looking guy as Aquaman

Well that would be silly because he wold be a child

I didn't know they decided to cast Rob Zombie as aquaman.

>Rob Zombie as aquaman
I'd watch it.

It was always coming out in 2018, it just got moved from July to October. This was done (most likely) so The Batman can take the July 2018 spot, as Manganiello & Irons implied they'll be filming that movie in late spring, early summer 2017.

The Underworld movies have a surprisingly loyal following. The newest one is already doing relatively well internationally; not huge business - they never were huge - but solid.

It's not the worst thing to emulate if you can be certain of pulling it off.

Does kinda look like Aquaman is going to be same shit, different day tho.

If Black Manta is the villain (which I hope) the after-credit scene has already written itself.

>Waller: David, I want to offer you a chance to reduce your sentence and do some good.

>You will never get every JL heroes solo before the team up
> You will never have a Suicide Squad movie that comes out in the same year using all the villians from the solos

Fuck you could even have that SS movie lead into Legion of doom. The DCEU writes itself if you let it

I fucking love Underworld so IF Aquaman is like that, I'd be okay.

Since Aquaman is after "Justice League", what do you think will be his villain(s) and how will they tie into the larger storyline?

their interpretation of Superman was just fine, but people don't read comics and think he is some constant beacon of hope. The one thing that has been consistent about the character throughout the ages is that he is all about enacting the change in society he wants to see done, and generally he wants a change that is for the betterment of society. They just put Superman in the modern age, where every single act is a political one, and its almost impossible to do an apolitical act of true altruism.

>about enacting the change in society he wants to see done
What change does MoS Supes want?
He's a very inward focused character
His main dilemma is how to deal people deal with him rather than how he deal with people

The third's good if you're at all interested in how the whole vampire/werewolf war began, the fourth is kinda naff but decent if you just want something to switch off to and enjoy some nice fight scenes. Going to go see the fifth one later today, I'm going in expecting an entertaining action movie and nothing more.