Twin Peaks

>enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 and the (faneditted) movie
>couldn't enjoy season 3
Talk about overhyped. This season was just full of empty filler and presented a lot of things without even slightly touching upon them.
>Audrey
>weird egg creature crawling into woman's mouth
>smoke monster thing
>Judy
>the ending in general
Did people like this because it was weird for the sake of being weird?

Yeah so you liked Twin peaks for the memes as an edgy normie. You're not a true Lynch fans.

I don't get the fags who believe Lynch is the second coming or something. >What did he mean?
2 episodes away from the end and I think it's a whole lot of nonsense where some of it ties up to the real plot, and the value of it is not in understanding the nonsense but getting carried away by it, It's more of an aesthetic thing with small drops of actual philosophy slipping though the cracks. It's pretty in the end, dreamy stuff
But I'm guessing I'm a minority probably
>inb4 LYNCHED
Yeah, yeah, fuck you too.

>This season was just full of empty filler and presented a lot of things without even slightly touching upon them.
I feel like that's a contradictory statement. Either it was all filler and nothing substantial was introduced, or it presented so many ideas that there was no time to delve deeper into any of them.

I agree that S3 was shockingly different, even in comparison to Lynch's other work, but I think it was interesting. It felt like an intricate maze where you had to keep in mind a lot of information all the time, and there really was a payoff at the end.

The new season was a solid 8/10 and i am very happy that it wasn't an absolute shitfest.We also got based dougie.

>Dougie
>the Mitchum brothers and their pink-frilled playbunnies
>Bushnell Mullins
>evil Coop

S3 was fucking golden.

>You're not a true Lynch fans.
A true Lynch fan knows that Twin Peaks is some of his worst work - it's very inferior to many of his movies.

Not that user but I've seen all of Lynch's full-length films and while I enjoy all of them my favorite is FWWM.

Wow thanks for the blogpost. I'm sure you think your opinion is valuable.

>faneditted
kys

Stop trying to fit in newfag

Well just stating that TP is inferior to his other work isn't much of an argument either. Lynch's work is all subjective.

>he thinks his muh no true scotsman-tier opinion isn't absolute garbage
lmao fuck off with your grade school arguments brainlet

>t. Netflix fan after seeing normie friends praise it on Twitter

This desu

I'm the user you replied to - FWWM is without doubt the best part of Twin Peaks, and it's a great film. He has quite a few better films though.
I mostly meant the tv series.

But peaks is maximum comfy, especially in fall when the weather starts turnin and you can crank the fireplace, put a sweater on, brew yourself some Joe and curl up with Coop

I didn't say Twin Peaks was bad.

>but it is comfy

>hurr it's supposed to be abstract and confusing
Lynchfags are some of the most pretentious hipsters and I say that unironicallly. Season 3 had good moments but so much of it was pointless. Lots of empty pointless scenes that amounted to absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of the series other than to fill up time and meet contractual obligations. Did each episode need to eat up 10 minutes just to listen to music?

who are you quoting

The person he is replying to you brainlet.

but that's not what the person said, dumbass

>But peaks is maximum comfy,
?????

>can't even quote a post correctly
holy shit you have to go back

>Paraphrasing a post is considered a newfag thing
hownu.ru

who are you quoting

I liked it because it felt appropriate for lynch universe to change into alien, demented and fractured world which it appeared as in twin peaks return. I acknowledge the filler scenes and plots that lead to dead ends but they are part of the mood for me

I mean if you are not a fan of lynchs films after lost highway I completely understand why you didn't like 3rd season. It was pretty masturbatory extra long film by david lynch with some contribution by mark frost

You're just a Twin Peaks fan. Not a Lynch fan.

We're mostly in agreement. I'd say that the best Lynch-directed episodes of Twin Peaks are on par with his film work.

Imagine Mulholland Drive if it didn't have the Winkies scene, the cowboy, Mr. Roque, the black book, etc.

>Did each episode need to eat up 10 minutes just to listen to music?
The songs didn't last that long

>Who are you quoting