Kathleen Kennedy appreciation thread

I don't get why you hate her. She produced most of your favorite classics.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Kennedy_(producer)#Filmography

Coordinating lunches and deliveries doesn’t make you a film mogul.

She only has the lucasfilm top job because she is a woman.

>Bbbbut muh star war makes billions!

The public doesn't care about the billions, they care about the bad publicity that she is made.

I appreciate those neck lines

What does a producer does anyway?

>she produced
So she did nothing but talk with some studio heads about financing, what an accomplished career.
Better give her creative control over an entire movie franchise she clearly doesn't understand!

Being a producer means nothing, right? I never heard someone say "oh yeah, that chick, great executive producer!"

Hes the guy that fucks the desperate starlets

would anyone else hatefuck kathleen kennedy or am i alone here

The hire and fire the production teams. Thing of the director as tge manager and the producer as corporate.

/ourproducer/

Who even dreamt of having a job like that? Is it just purely about the shekels?

Being a producer has now become very important with the proliferation of shared universes and sequels. The producers are what tie everything together now. This is why these universes often lack artistic vision.

James Gunn is the only director I can think of off the top of my head to direct an entire trilogy under a cinematic universe and there is still time for him to get shit canned from the third installment.

I'm pretty sure people who are actually friends with George "understand" it better than you do. George picked her for a reason.

Peter Jackson technically directed 6 under a shared universe and they're all his vision.

guardians 2 was irredeemable, unsalvagable dog shit and this is coming from someone who loved guardians 1

More headlines about Star Wars saving the universe

The Hobbit trilogy was in production as MCU Phase 1 was testing the waters for shared universes. It was conceived as an old school trilogy (i.e. Star Wars/LOTR) while The Avengers was proving that a new model is more lucrative for the studios.

I liked GOTG2. It was not as good as the first, but I think people's view of it will improve over time similarly to Empire Strikes Back.

>1978: Spielberg's secretary
>1981: Associate producer on all Spielberg's films
What did Spielberg see in her?

She made the mistake of thinking she could creatively guide the franchise.

Terry Gilliam said the same thing about Denis O'Brien, the guy who produced all the Handmade Films movies on behalf of George Harrison. The films were all doing great when the creatives were pursuing their visions, until O'Brien decided that he wanted to be part of that process. He was just a bean counter by nature, and so just ended up frustrating everyone with pointless interference. So all the Python guys hemorrhaged out and went to big studios. I think the last good movie they put out was Withnail and I before eventually folding.

Kennedy's fussing and too-many-cooks-ing reminded me of this exact situation. Even aside from her retarded feminist politics. She is not a creative mind. She doesn't know the market anymore, or is willfully ignoring the reality of it. She should be fired. But they'd just replace her with Abrams, so SW is fucked either way.

Good, good, the butthurt is strong in you.

Am i the only one who is so happy we have Kathleen as our president? She knows exactly what to do, she has a clear direction for the franchise, a direction which I am fully behind. In her caring hands the universe is flourishing.
Thank you to the amazing fans for forcing George into selling you've saved the franchise that delusional old man almost destroyed.

A lot of actors are retarded, that's not a secret.

I'd assume some mad bedroom skills.

>She doesn't know the market anymore
how does this make any sense when the direction she chose for TFA catapulted it to the highest grossing movie in America?

multiculturalism, diversity and sucking up to Chinese markets is obviously the way forward for the industry, which is why literally everyone is copying it.

>Felicity Jones talks being 33 years old and never married with no children

The difference is, on all of those "classics," the director was in control. She apparently failed to understand that that was the reason those films were so good. Now, she's in full control, and she's created a studio where directors can be thrown overboard and replaced mid-production, and the films are literally just advertisements for the next 3 films

>She didn’t last long as the legendary director’s note taker—mainly because she wasn’t taking any notes. “She was supposed to take minutes at meetings but would spend most of the time talking,” says Spielberg. “I was wondering if this was the protocol for secretaries in Hollywood.”
>The Berkeley-born daughter of a superior court judge father and a stay-at-home mom was both practical and creative, and not afraid to speak her mind. Not long after he hired her as a secretary, Spielberg promoted Kennedy, then 26, to be his assistant—a role that was less administrative than it sounds. Then, almost as swiftly, she was named an associate producer. In 1980, when Spielberg began working on E.T.—the idea originated as a sequel to Close Encounters of the Third Kind—he asked Kennedy to co-produce it with him.
gee, I wonder

He's saying she wasn't even a competent secretary but he insta-promoted her associate producer on his films out of the blue... Don't you have to invest a lot of money in the money to even get this title? Especially for a 26 years old nobody secretary?

>the director was in control
ESB and ROTJ were not auteurist films and George confessed he kept trying to control things even though he wasn't the director.

>Now, she's in full control
No, she hires and fires people. The directors and writers still have control, which is how Rogue One is so different to TFA.

Kasdan wrote the story for the OT and is back for this trilogy so he has sizeable creative control too.

Probably his dick.

>>catapulted
>>Star Wars wouldn't have made all that money any fucking way, no sir

I'm not sure if you can really say that about The Hobbit. Unlike LOTR it had a lot of studio meddling and forcing Jackson's hand on something's. Specifically making it three movies and giving him almost no pre-production time to really make it to his vision. That is a good example of how the studio and producers can screw up a movie with too much involvement.

LOTR was Jackson pitching it to the studio while The Hobbit was more so the studio making it and threatening to just get a new director.

except she then called for extensive reshoots for Rogue One and then followed that up with firing Lord and Miller when production is almost done and thus causing them to do reshoots again to "fix" the movie.

How this has happened twice makes no sense to me. Isn't the direction of the films laid out well before filming in pre-production and so if there was any differences in opinion or creative differences that would be found out well before casting and filming.