Help out a fellow film student Sup Forums

give me some kino ideas about suicide and depression for a short film

bump

Where do you live? Just follow random people around and video tape their lives. Eventually you'll capture some really depressing shit. If you don't want to interact with real people hire an actor and follow them around doing mundane everyday things. This probably works best in a city where you can make the subject seem isolated from everyone around them.

which film school?

Tell me the camera you're using and i'll tell you an idea.

uca
gh4 and a7s

fade to black

life of the average Sup Forums user

make it about the alt-right cucks and how pathetic their whole ideology is

Kill yourself on camera

>Le suicide and le depression meme

Wow. You got that idea by yourself?

no it was given to us by our professor

A writer that can't think of anything original himself so he relies on anonymous users on a Tibetan Woodcarving website to write his stories for him.

>film student

Just film your own life you fucking loser

Tell him to go kill himself as you film his death

Here's some unimaginative shit:
You follow a guy as he is preparing to commit suicide. Every time he is doing something, like get a rope or tie it from the ceiling, it cuts to how he got that rope for instance or someone telling him to hang something from the ceiling with that rope. The scene should reek out angst and sadness, but should also obscure the fact he is preparing his suicide, like leave an ambiguity about it. At the end, you make it clear that he is going to kill himself. Whether you go on with it or not is not my problem.
It sounds like an ad, because I guess that's my influence on it.

If you don't want a gimmick or something, I guess it takes some kind of talent to make this work, but it's far better if you do

no bully

kill yourself faggot

HAHA ...Mirrorless shitstains...OK, then shoot something in low light.

Film school is easy mode man. You can shoot any fucking thing.
Here's something i just made up. Yeah it's shit but you're in film school. Enjoy yourself.

One night, a total loser gets drunk and decides to go apologise to his father's grave. Bawls his heart out, only to find it's the wrong grave. He then pisses on the same grave and fights the security guard. Something something....

Last shot..he's passed out in the middle of a hundred tombstones.

All the best. Give me credit once you win the Oscar, user.

this reminds me of Seventh Continent, have you watched it?

Whatever it is, make sure you fluff it out with shots of bare trees and maybe some leaves blowing in the wind. Gotta have that classic film student vibe. Bonus points if it ends on a gunshot and cuts to black

>guy sucks dick for a living
>sits on a sofa, is sad
>remembers his dreams as a kid
>some random friend from high school shows up, he tells him to follow his dreams
>this guy later dies
>MC is back to sucking dicks

There

No but I plan to. How does it compare to Haneke's later work?

the movie is about a man on a train station, near the tracks. make him look really stressed during the 30 seconds. then film the train coming to him, then film his face, looking at the train. do it a couple of times. when the train gets realy near him, the movie ends. the audience should think: did he kill himself? i dont guarantee your grades

>One night, a total loser gets drunk and decides to go apologise to his father's grave. Bawls his heart out, only to find it's the wrong grave

Why did you continue after this part retard?

>Mfw someone uses "early / later work" when talking about someone
Pretentious shit.

I meant the rest of his work, because it's his first.

>a man has to turn in a project but can't meet the deadline
>his girlfriend bitches to him because he can't get shit done
>he posts about his shitty life online
>on an anonymous malaysian basket-weaving board someone recommends him painless suicide via an exit bag
>one day the man is dumped by his girlfriend
>he decides he will try the exit bag
>he loses consciousness
>he wakes up, everything is white
>last shot is the man sitting in a hospital bed with his face buried in his hands

>three people gather
>it is revealed that they met online planning suicide and decided to meet to discuss their plans
>each of them wants to kill themselves
>the movie is them discussing different methods, how practical/painless they are, what would be a cool way to die
>in the end they go their seperate ways
>credits scenes show newspaper clippings detailing their deaths

it was very striking to say the least
it captures that 90s Euro feeling to perfection
I've only seen Cache and Funny Games US, but I liked TSC a lot more, felt more like real life and less like fiction

This