Why do most modern people don't watch the classics

I am 18 and I grew up on the classics, but no one my age or older watches them and finds them boring

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/08/28/gone-with-wind-screenings-pulled-from-memphis-theater-for-racially-insensitive-content.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i love classic

What are "the classics?"

If we're talking like pre-70s movies there aren't really a whole lot of ways to watch those for the average person.

What classics

same here, all the plebs my age listen to rap and I listen to led zeppelin and queen

fucking respond you retarded faggot why make a thread and then fuck off immediately?

jews push meme that latest is always greatest

fractured media compared to the days of three channels + whatever local markets carried
no common culture leads to atomization and eventually

small-souled bugmen

Most people dont watch classics or anything that matters. Most people are literally retarded

keke

by "classics" you mean the star wars trilogy (lol) or stuff like gone with the wind?

>uses watermarked image
>murders the English language

End yourself.

I've seen Star Wars OT

OP here
Gone with the wind.(Wich is my favorite movie by the way)

What are "the classics"?

fucking underage newfag

Same reason you don't read classic litertature and still consider yourself cultured.

It's sad isn't it that people won't watch anything older than the 80s and that's probably Empire Strikes Back.

some people just don't like movies.

Its the same with videogames. You're exposed to so much better stuff nowadays there's no way some pixellated bullshit from the nineties will hold my attention, modern games are just so much better

For videogames I wont ever play anything older than from 2010 and even thats pushing it. For movies its 2005

There is literally no reason to watch old stuff that was made for retarded people in the fifties

But I've seen all the Nolan movies except the ones before Batman.

See a lot of whining around here but Sup Forums literally does the same

how old are you OP just for reference?

Getting a real wrong generation vibe from this post homie

>implying vidya is solely graphics
>implying Max Payne 1 doesn’t still hold up from a gameplay and story perspective
>implying one of the primary influences on that (the films of John “Motherfucking” Woo) aren’t as thrilling and fucking insane as they were back in the 80’s and 90’s

I feel like you’re misinformed

underrated post

It's literally the first thing in the post, dicknose.

because they are racist you alt-right shitlord

foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/08/28/gone-with-wind-screenings-pulled-from-memphis-theater-for-racially-insensitive-content.html

no time for classics when you have Disney's Marvel Avengers 10: War for Israel part 2 in theatres every 2 months.

There is a general dumbing down of the population and with it comes lack of attention span for older movies, or inability to see symbolism.

Sort of related, but I sometimes wonder what the average Joe iphone thinks about all day, or what he knows on a wide range of topics.

>taking the bait this fucking hard

I watch marvel movies in theaters and I'm still interested in the 'classics' and other movements

Most classics aren't classics because they're great but because they were the first of something. They've been imitated countless times since then so through cultural osmosis you're already more or less familiar with their content. Consequently there is zero novelty when you watch them, and without that they aren't all that great.

Examples:
-Citizen Kane was the first film that explored the possibilities of the medium beyond what were basically theater performances on film. The story or visual effects aren't anything special. Literally film since then has done the same thing so it's hard to appreciate what made it special back then.
-The Godfather was the first film to do the gangster genre the way it did. It's influenced every gangster movie since and because you've seen stuff that was influenced by it you already more or less know what to expect. The movie stands well enough on its own but would never have the impact today that it had in 1972.
-People were completely blown away by Star Wars' special effects in 1979, much like they were by Avatar's 3d effects in 2009. People are used to that (and much better) nowadays so all that's left is an arguably mediocre sci-fi flick about some poor farmer kid and space nazi's.

It's definitely possible to appreciate these movies for what they are but it's impossible to truly put yourself in a 1940's/1970's reference frame. You can't unsee all the newer films that were built on the classic you're trying to watch and it changes how you see it.

Literally every* film since then