Star Trek Discovery Cast Takes a Knee in Premiere Night Protest

>ew.com/tv/2017/09/25/star-trek-discovery-sonequa-takes-knee/

>Star Trek: Discovery star Sonequa Martin-Green pointedly kneeled for an Instagram post along with the CBS show’s executive producer Akiva Goldsman and several other members of the cast (such as Anthony Rapp, Michelle Yeoh, Mary Wiseman, Mary Chieffo and Shazad Latif). The image included the hashtags #StarTrekDiscovery #takeaknee. The post went live a few hours after the world premiere of Discovery on CBS.

>Later, Martin-Green added: “Thank you. All of you. CBS, writers, producers, directors, crew and cast. For your gifts and fervor. And thank you, those watching. For tuning in. For your passion, support, and love. I. Do. NOT take it lightly. I thank God for you. And I’m excited to take this journey with you.”

>Previously Discovery made some waves after the show’s producer Aaron Harberts discussed with EW the political allegory being explored in the show’s first season storyline, noting the writing process “began as a commentary on our own divided nation — in terms of Trump supporters and non-Trump supporters …The Klingons are going to help us really look at certain sides of ourselves and our country. Isolationism is a big theme. Racial purity is a big theme.

Other urls found in this thread:

thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/352211-star-trek-discovery-cast-takes-a-knee
washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>caring about how retards act on a literally who web series

>along with the CBS show’s executive producer Akiva Goldsman

Could the guy have possibly picked a more Jewey name?

BEING A MILLIONAIRE IN THE BEST COUNTRY ON EARTH IS HARD.

MY BOSS'S THIRD WIFE TOLD ME TO TRUST IN FEMINISM. SHE'S 23 YEARS OLD AND HE'S 76.

Huh, it's getting quite a bit of coverage;

>thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/352211-star-trek-discovery-cast-takes-a-knee

>a bunch of faggots get on their knees

Not news.

really made me think...
I guess I'l just stop supporting Trump, I really don't wanna be on the wrong side of history

And like everyone else that took the knee they flopped.

kek, based Doug Jones isn't there to be part of this nonsense

>literally making shitlibs kneel before him with a tweet
He is so amazing

What a bunch of fucking losers

>shit people don´t care that much about how show
>I know let´s jump on the latest twitter social justice campaign#
so freaking disgusting that I had to laugh out loud. society always has had insane elements to it but this is pure loco

Notice how Yeoh is like way back off to the side. I bet she was like "oh god this dumb bitch, now I have to be in the pic or people will say I was racist. Alright lets get this shit over with".

>hashtags

It probably wont hurt them that much since Trek base is probably mostly liberal I would imagine.

But having a lead who cant act and cameramen who cant shoot, that will hurt them.

A-Are they protesting their own premiere?

> disrespecting America is considered cool
NOOOOOOOO. Stop this.

First football, now this? Why though? WTF happening to the world?

So kneeling = protesting now, got it

>kneeling in solidarity with people who don't stand for the anthem
>doing it just because Trump said not to
I don't want to get into a discussion about this, (like how incredibly idiotic a motives these are), but why are these people doing this? It's one of these motives, right, or what else?

Even worse is the anachronistic tech when they initially said they would keep the tech pre-TOS.

I was actually going to watch this. Time to cancel my Netflix subscription.

Fucking politics, ruining everything.

Take that fascist federation!

Wow. Brave.

The world is truly a better place now.

The protest states that the United States currently enslaves and institutes state sanctioned mass killings of young black men.

Not American, so can't confirm, but it seems far fetched to me.

>I'm helping!

just read and watch old books and shows that are considered classics but you never got around to watch in the first place. there is so much shit out there to keep a person occupied for decades.
or you know. just get a meaningful productive hobby to improve your life

[marxist kike nigger trash intensifies]

Initially it was to signal a hatred of the United States. Black millionaires did it to demonstrate they hate the U.S. for oppressing, enslaving and killing them.

When Trump jumped on the bandwagon to complain about the NFL supporting this belief, multitudes of liberals also jumped on the Hate America bandwagon to spite Trump.

Which seems like a mistake to me.

I think some millionnaire athlete kneeled at some point. Then some president said it was disrespecting the flag, because their flag fetish is out of control.
And now everybody's kneeling. Time to invade, China.

Yeah well their show is fucking laughably bad so no wonder they'll pull all stops for PR stunts

No, I know why some people initially kneeled, which I'm not talking about. I'm talking about the people who kneeled right after Trump attacked kneeling.
>multitudes of liberals also jumped on the Hate America bandwagon to spite Trump.
And that's a really, really dumb reason, because it means they're no better than the people who are kneeling because they don't feel patriotic, or whatever, actually worse because it means they aren't actually doing it because of any grievance or principle, but just because they have to be contrarian towards Trump. Kneeling isn't as bad as flag burning, but imagine if people started burning flags just because Trump said he didn't like that either. That in principle is just as stupid.

Man, fuck CBS. They should know better than to try to make a valid statement with their ham-fisted writers.

"All to easy" - System Lord Apophis

>doing it just because Trump said not to

Trump did more than say don't do it. He specifically advocated for every single player who takes the knee to be fired, and also called Colin Kaepernick a son of a bitch. And told his crowd to boycott the NFL games over it. A bit extreme for what is a passive and silent form of political protest from some players.

FUCK DRUMPF REEEEEEEEEE

>Kneeling isn't as bad as flag burning

Flag burning is actually patriotic as fuck though.

in during small brained "they hate the United States" posts

this is what happens when SJWs and left wing liberalism run amok

God forbid for people to show solidarity and respect for the people brave enough to protest in the games and risk possible firing and getting their entire careers ruined because people like Trump immediately attack them viciously.

Also a protected form of free speech.

yeah, these bitches took a knee alright, these black dicks are not gonna suck themselves

I can't wait for the next American civil war
t. Slavfag

What does it means kneeling though? what is this shit all about?

i am not american nor in america

What are the numbers specifically for blacks shot by cops?

Not enough is not a number

Yeah, burning an american flag is literally the most american thing you can do.

Do I see a whole one white guy in that photo?

never gonna happen

this reminds me of the world peace sketch about tossing the cup

we can all be victims

We need anudda shoah ASAP.

K. I guess people should start burning flags in solidarity with flag burners because Trump shames flag burners, but also wants to ban it.

It's traditional to stand for the anthem, and some place their hands over their hearts though that's hardly standard practice. Kneeling is a sign of protest specifically for Colin Kaepernick whose career was directly affected for his protest-- he knelt for the purpose of bring attention to what he considers the injustices perpetrated by the state security and legal apparatus against people of color.

>kneeling before watching a show

ALRIGH THIS SHIT HAS GOT TO STOP

lol yeah how the fuck are you going to fix this? Are you aware that racewars happened numerous times during this decade and there's one going on right now, which is a huge deal? Why do you think America is immune to it? Because you got cars, burgers and Lady Gaga?

Nice strawman.

Trump didn't put his hand over his heart during the anthem.

Putting your hand over your heart or saluting the flag is tradition.

He should be impeached.

when's this shit going to end, do we need a giant war or something?

I already made the point that it's as stupid. I guess one's a more extreme protest than the other and more irreverent, which I already acknowledged, but the principle would be the same. Some people don't respect the anthem and some people don't respect the flag, and you can imitate their expressions of disrespect in solidarity, or whatever. Don't think of it as strawmanning since I'm only suggesting what is the logical consequence of this kind of thinking, not suggesting you would agree with this conclusion, which I wouldn't suggestion you believe now as you're implying now that you don't agree with it.

It will if the white middle class gets radicalized after a major economic crisis

This is trending now, you can't stop trends. Dabbing, planking, figgit spinners, water bucket challenge.

Trump is done!

"Police kill more whites than blacks, but minority deaths generate more outrage"

washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/21/police-kill-more-whites-than-blacks-but-minority-d/

Why are Rightys so triggered by this, I don't get it.

football sucks

Oh hell no! Not the water bucket challenge! Drumpf is fucked, I'm voting Hillary now.

Wow so niggers and marxists have ruined both the NFL and Star Trek now.

Stay on your knees, because your show is going to last one season tops unless NBC kills all access.

user, they've ruined the entirety of western civilization.

what the fuck

if this is true, what are blacks even resisting?

>american police shooting black people is oppression.
>even though white people are shot more than blacks and at a far higher rate.

They are resisting being held accountable for their actions.

The show being bad, and it is terrible, would have killed it on it's own.

Shit like this sure doesn't help though.

Every time

This isn't about black ppl getting shot anymore, we all know that happens and mostly justified.

It's about being able to protest and being free and stuff now.

Trump wants them fired and that's not right....that's not american.

Marxists are trying to tear down another American tradition. This is all part of their plans to cause chaos and division for their revolution.

Essentially they are resisting having to pay for their crimes, and being shot for attacking and trying to shoot police officers.

Mike Brown for example tried to take a cops gun and then charged at him before finally being shot. Treyvon attacked Zimmerman and tried to bash his head in before being shot. Etc.

What the fuck are you talking about? Obviously the MAN is keeping them down with racism. Can't you read simple diagrams and statistics? Are you a racist?

Have a this

this is all anthony weiner's weiner's fault

The knee thing is entirely tied to one specific and public protest movement and what Trump's entirely out of line response to it was, flag burning isn't tied to it all, so comparing the two on some "oh it's just anti-trump bandwagon thing" hamfisted assumption is idiotic.

Why don't I see blacks fighting for other people's rights?

Do they only care about their rights?

It's like they couldn't care less unless it affects them.

It's called civil rights, not blacks rights

Is there really an overenforcing of law on blacks or is it a proper reaction accordingly to the amount of crimes they comit?

Actually it is right. You're allowed to protest on your own time. If you do it while on the job then your employer has every right to fire you. If I started trying to dump my views on (((things))) with clients I work with I'd be gone before I finished three sentences. Someday if you ever move out of your parents house and find work to support yourself you'll understand this.

>based brit jason isaacs nowhere to be seen

>It's another obscure internet streaming fanfic episode.

You're still missing the point. Using this justification, if Trump attacked flag burning in a similar way to the manner in which he attacked kneeling before the anthem, people would be equally justified in burning the flag "in solidarity."

If leftists cared about actual civil rights, they wouldn't be overwhelmingly anti second amendment.

>Star Trek Discovery Cast Takes a Knee in Premiere Night Protest

Oh come the fuck on.

> the political allegory being explored in the show’s first season storyline, noting the writing process “began as a commentary on our own divided nation — in terms of Trump supporters and non-Trump supporters …

Haha yeah totally, for sure, the shit you wrote about before he even became the frontrunner, let alone president was totally about Trump. Nevermind the heavy handed religious sectarianism clearly inspired by the preceding 10 years of bullshit in the middle east, nevermind talk of uniting the clans against the do-gooder Federation who "come in peace". That clumsy Iraq war commentary wasn't there at all.

No you see they timetraveled and wrote about the future. Mhm.

What a bunch of cunts.

Some of the individual cases are way too extreme, and it's an overall problem that policing in black neighborhoods is often overwhelmingly done by whites.

However, black neighborhoods are also often by far the most crime infested in the US, so sometimes it's clearly necessary.

Good luck parsing the data to find a real answer to this question, because it's almost impossible.

Though in removing the racial aspect of it from the equation, it's fairly simple to see that there is a definite problem within the police community of over-using deadly force in relatively unnecessary situations against both people of color and whites. The War on Drugs in particular has had the two+ decades long effect of increasing militarization on both the side of law enforcement and among growers/dealers/lab operators.

Still Politics are fucking everywhere, can I not have it in the sports I watch? we pay them millions of dollars to be athletic and hit each other, not to protest, this is why I prefer rugby to football, no bullshit, more entertaining to watch and they are happy just to be there and don't bitch and cry about how much money they make

So yes those football players are stupid pussies, they don't give a shit about poor blacks or whatever, if they did, they would donate all of their money except for just enough to get by, also why are we supposed to listen to a bunch of jocks who's only skill is being athletic and have useless degrees from 3 years of college?

Statistically, police are more likely to use lethal force on whites & latinos than they are on blacks.

I'm really just sick of black people. Why do they always cause so many problems? What's the benefit of having them in a society? I can't think of anything with the latter.

>it's an overall problem that policing in black neighborhoods is often overwhelmingly done by whites.

Are you implying that blacks should live in segregated communities that are locally governed by their own people? This would only exacerbate the racial divide in our country, causing communities to become completely segregated in all but official ordinance.

Was Jim Crow, dare I say it, /our guy/?

WHAT IS DAFT PUNK GIRL'S ACTUAL NAME?

This is not about women and you fucking know it
Ask trek fans what they think about DC Fontana
It is the type of women, and men, that's the problem

STD IS SHIT