DoA Group Therapy Session: Batman Quotes Edition

In tonight's strip, Roz is insufferable and the entire floor seems to think that RA positions are held by election or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

dumbingofage.bigcartel.com/product/dumbing-of-age-to-those-who-ground-me-poster
vocaroo.com/i/s0jf7y1xr7HX
vocaroo.com/i/s0aXxtMxbyFR
youtube.com/watch?v=oUOJIOxC_0k
vocaroo.com/i/s1zms35ZgyQb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wait is Willis finally giving in and admitting Roz is the bad guy

Bye Other Rachel and Agatha! See you in, like, 8 or 9 months when Willis throws what little character you had under the bus for another shitty subplot!

>mentioning a popular thing from over 5 years ago

it's official, Willis has lost touch and has become an uncool dad. The thing he's feared the most

I think it's because they've only been in school for a month but 5 years have passed in real life.

And because I didn't want to proselytize in the first post: this little arc is really grinding my gears. I know I've talked about it before, but A.) I work at a university and b.) my entire family except for me has their undergraduate degrees from IU, barring my one sister who's too young for college and my brother, who's currently there.

See, unlike Willis, I actually know how RA positions are picked at IU- my brother's in the running to be one for next year, and my younger sister applied but didn't get picked. First off, you basically have to join the hall council as a freshman. It's not an actual requirement, but it's something that basically ALL of the RAs have done. You sit on the disciplinary boards- basically the narc squad for underage drinkers. Then, once you've done a year or more of that, you can apply for the position. The students actually have no bearing on this whatsoever- the people who interview you are residence life staff. You have to demonstrate to them that you'll enforce the rules responsibly, and you have to have two letters of recommendation, one of which has to be from hall staff. Not other RAs, actual staff. There's no way in hell that after making a sex tape in the dorms would Roz be considered for this.

And frankly, Roz doesn't want the RA job. She wants the CUE (community educator) job. IU's dorms have student staff whose actual job it is to promote diversity and social justice awareness and education. This includes all of Roz's interest in gender stuff. She'd get paid to hand out condoms and put up bulletin boards about ableism, but not have to deal with any actual responsibility. But what are the odds of Willis putting any effort or research into the policies of the campus he's writing about...

Willis just wants to write about how Trump is bad and (His Candidate) was the obvious right choice

Thanks for enlightening us. I was pretty sure that this was bullshit, but I was going to call the university to ask just to be sure.

Anything else about IU that you think Willis gets wrong?

Someone had to do it.

Now someone with real talent can go do it better.

So we're going to work a Big Guy joke into this, right?

Keep in mind that Wills attended college almost twenty years ago. The CUE position might not have even been a thing. I know at my university the CUE tasks you listed would have been covered by RAs and other dorm staff.

The solution is simple, Roz is a Sup Forums shitposter, but she's too pretentious to use standard Baneposting.

Like 90% of it, re: his portrayal of education. I know I've lamented the fact that he has students pass each other their returned scores because that's a federal HIPPA violation, and the way his university health center is run is a goddamn travesty. The dorms are horribly mismanaged, and hell, even his active shooter was done wrong. (Campus goes on lockdown, so his... I think it was a bonus strip where Dorothy's moving between buildings could not have happened. IU also has a pretty effective campus police force, but any complaint I have about Becky's dad's ability to get off campus is massively dwarfed by the rest of the stupidity in that storyline.

I realize this is an incredibly nitpicky thing to get annoyed with, but damn if it doesn't show a critical lack of research on his part. Half this shit you could find with google, but it seems all he knows how to do in the research department is take reference pictures.

Those, at least, are pretty good. His campus locations are pretty spot-on.

his locations are only spot on because he just takes pictures of the campus and basically traces over them

Roz's use of that particular TDKR quote implies that she was actively involved in one of Robin's campaigns. That would mean she supported her sister's political positions as recently as two years ago.

I swear, I need to start saving "This Is Stupid" pictures so that I can post at least one in every thread.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Willis only brings in these ancillary characters whenever he can't use some other character since they're out of the building or something.

I'm almost tempted to post this to Willis' comments section. But I don't want to be banned from a site I never interact on.

Still, I like the research you've done. You put more research into this than Willis puts into his own comic. In fact, I think the only research he does is tracing real-world locations and drawing Transformers figures.

Again, these strips would have been written in September, maybe even August. What was going on in politics back in September?

No, seriously, I forgot. What was happening? Didn't the debates begin in October?

Yeah, the strip with Dorothy was a bonus.
And yes, in our modern era of technology, Dorothy would have gotten a mass text that would have alerted her to seek shelter due to the shooter situation. But the fact that apparently nobody cared enough about Toedad having a gun until it was already too late for security to do anything is still awful writing on Willis' part, because (like in the Rapin' Ryan party scene) despite there being several bystanders who act independent of the main characters, nobody bothered to call the police.

As for the references, I believe that this is because Willis has no memories. All he has are pictures.

Willis is lazy about everything. Mental health care, political campaigns, fucking physics. Never mind the dozens of plot holes he's made because he didn't bother to think about the implications of what he was writing. If you're an expert in something he's being lazy about, then you're more than justified in being picky about it. I get the same way whenever he writes mental health care.

Yeah, we saw how he basically traced a google picture for the outside of Galasso's Pizza

>>mentioning a popular thing from over 5 years ago
there is still baneposting to this day man

Interestingly enough that's actually explained in-universe in the background of Galasso's first appearance.

Christ on the cross, I've been reading way too much of this shitty comic if I can reference things from before Toedad's Wild Ride.

but it's not baneposting. There is no irony in this strip. The joke is "remember batman" not "remember this meme". That's why it fails.

The Toedad shooter thing was just handled terribly in every way. I knew that well enough when it released, but in the time since I've actually gone through an active shooter lockdown at the campus I work at. Shit is definitely not Cash, and any of the bullshit the characters pulled would have gotten all of them shot, let alone Toedad. Shit, I was staring down the barrels of multiple weapons when they swept through and cleared my office. It's all "Yes sir no sir may I move my hands and body to produce the ID you are asking for sir okay I am reaching into this pocket now" and every single officer looked more nervous than I felt while doing it.

dumbingofage.bigcartel.com/product/dumbing-of-age-to-those-who-ground-me-poster

Always support the official release.

Hey, yeah, Roz made a sex tape.

Yeah no, it should be a foregone conclusion that she won't be RA if that's common knowledge, which it is.

All I remember is that Galasso's place is based on a real pizza and sub shop that's popular in town at IU.

Willis still just traced the outside of it because he's both 1) lazy and 2) autistic to the point where most if not all places and set pieces have to look like the things for his real life experiences (See Joyce's church that's literally traced from an old picture of Willis' old church from when he attended it with his parents)

Jesus christ, that shading

goddamnit Becky your life is endanger quit smiling

That poster is a clusterfuck

Toedad retains a small element of believeability in that the time between him firing the gun and leaving with Becky is maybe a minute. Once the car chase starts it's freight train to Retardsville.

Galasso took over the real-life pizza shop in the DoA universe. Willis is still lazy though.

There is so much wrong with this it kinda hurts to look at.

He was sighted by two people chasing Becky and Dina into the woods with his gun. Not only that, but after being sighted, he chased Dina nearer to the edge of the woods, was attacked by and subdued her, sighted Becky running to the fountain, then apparently ditched Dina to go back to his car, drove directly to the fountain, brandished his gun again and was sighted by far more witnesses, and THEN fired his gun.

So that would have been several minutes, assuming the shadow people in the background were smart enough to phone the police.

Everything about that poster - the sizing, the spacing, the perspective - is incredibly cramped and squished, because Willis either drew his characters too big for the scene or didn't take into account the exact dimensions of his poster.

What's more, he's DOUBLING DOWN on how stupid the car chase was to begin with, having his characters twist and contort themselves into ridiculous positions that don't look any better in pin-up format than they did on the page. If you wanted to sum up everything wrong with the car chase and the ToeDad arc in general, this image would be the one to do it.

so now we have concrete proof further:
>Willis has offended people who deal with multiple personality disorder through his sheer ignorance
>Willis has offended people who grew up in actually abusive christian homes through his open bigotry
>Willis has offended Indiana University Alumni through his purposeful ignorance
>Willis has offended people who have dealt with depression and codependency with his bullshit writing

am I missing anyone?

A LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A COLLEGE LESBIAN

Wait, when did we get the second one?

To "Become" an uncool ad would imply he was ever a "cool" dad in the first place

From the moment he announced his wife's sons, we knew hed be a piece of shit to his kids

>Becky gets forced into the car at gunpoint
>background witnesses simply disperse saying "i'm glad that's over"

The whole thing with Robin is pretty insulting to closeted people, anti-intersectionality, and pretty much denies minority status to any minority that is politically conservative.

The comic becomes more enjoyable if you treat it as something of a mystery

Is Willis really autistic or does he just like to use places he knows because he's lazy? Does Willis browse Sup Forums because he enjoys being angry at our criticism or is it just coincidental that he quotes DKR among other things? Is he just pretending to be retarded or not?

>conservatives, whites and christians are the majority
>liberals/minorities go out of their way to isolate themselves further from mainstream society by disavowing conservative minorities on top of shitting on the actual demographic majorities

Kek

p. sure that the whole "i was born in the memes, molded by the" types of quotes still count as being related to baneposting and are still generally used

In my case the AS lockdown started from a shooting that didn't even occur on our property, but at a nearby (like down/across the street) high school, so Campus and local PD were already milling about due to the nature of the area; it upgraded to full-on building sweeps when some chucklefuck thought it would be funny to phone in a threat that connected it to our campus. Shit, the Sheriff's Helicopter that materialized out of nowhere over us would have spotted Toedad as a point of interest in minutes even if he hadn't fired a warning shot.

He's offended me as a person by introducing this shit comic into the world.

Gotta deal with starving children and climate change and now we got this manchild's shit to add to it.

>Roz's use of that particular TDKR quote implies that she was actively involved in one of Robin's campaigns.

Or she was just talking out of her ass.

Alright time to post the newest pinup

there is a bonus strip that showed roz as a child being unwillingly pulled out of school by her sister as a visual aid for her campaigning.

Fucking hell, I forgot about helicopters.

Good God, the car chase is a classic Idiot Plot. The only way it could feasibly happen is if everybody involved acts like an idiot.

that wasn't Roz, that was a little sister to both her and Robin. She shows up again during the rally/rapin ryan chase scene

We're supposed to see Robin as this monstrous hypocrite but the way she describes her work environment makes it seem soul-crushing and slightly terrifying. Even if she's supposed to be a sleazy, gladhanding politician with no actual convictions Willis accidentally gave her pathos; it's like he wanted to write Roy Cohn but forgot that Roy Cohn was an unrepentant monster.

Is she a lesbian too or will she shake it up by being an FTM transgenderite?

>FTM

user, in Willis land males are either evil or stupid. Don't you insinuate a woman would EVER feel more comfortable as a man ever again

She's a nice kid, which makes her an extreme minority in DoA.

Leave me my delusion that Willis might actually create a shocking twist.

Nice kids grow up into fat and proud transmen

i think roz questioned her about it once and she showed no interest in anyone or anything other than cereal.
"normal 12 year kid" is the going bid, but you could probably make a case for aromantic.

then again i just remembered in the other universe she had a kid, so shes probably straight.

if willis ever actually includes a trans man itll just be one of the guys from the gsa and he'll never show up again so willis can point to him and say "see??? we've got one!" without having to commit

though it wouldnt exactly be hard for him to include an actual trans guy, he could just make one of his 50 female characters closeted like he did with joss

He started out as an uncool person, and from there became an uncool dad.

Willis is the kind of parent who thinks that he needs to make up for his own parents' "mistakes".

What do you make of this, Sup Forumsmrades?
I don't really get the joke being made here. Is Willis just saying we're insignificant, or what?
Also, was Sup Forums actually posting about Willis' shit back when this was being written?
i mean if that IS what he was saying he wouldn't be wrong at all tbqath

right-o, let me make sure to forget pic related in the first post. Don't wanna create the impression that I know how to use this website or anything

>Is Willis just saying we're insignificant, or what?
yes

Ya know what user? Since it's Christmas time, we'll do just that, just for you

>Sup Forums is an evil wretched hive of scum and villainy and if they don't like something it means that something is great

Something along those lines. Sorta like how I think Tumblr is an irredeemable cauldron of vile insanity and madness who should call into serious question any cause or person they support

vocaroo.com/i/s0jf7y1xr7HX

>basically the narc squad for underage drinkers.

Yeah, Ruth seems like she'd be the "narc on drinkers" type, right?

taking requests again

What about this?

Holy shit, why is Shortpacked! so much better than DoA?

Things were so much simpler when everyone could see Hillary for what she is

Because Willis was still a wizard back then.

He was a virgin until his wife had sex with him, an act so traumatizing that it caused him to weep for days and sapped what meager talent he used to have.

Wolf Blitzer will always be good for mockery. The man is a total joke.

Why do you post this shit daily?

No, S! was awful, too.

shortpacked was great until willis found a soapbox in the trash.

vocaroo.com/i/s0aXxtMxbyFR

1. It wasn't really a yes-or-no question, senpai sandwich
2. It might be awful, but I didn't assert that it was good, only that it is better than DoA

B A S E D

A

S

E

D

>vocaroo.com/i/s0aXxtMxbyFR

You just made me realize how badly I wanted to hear Text-To-Speech Emperor and Kitten talking about DoA.

here.

or perhaps

Yeah, both of those make sense. Heh.

or how about:
"I just discovered why your hatred for white knights burns so brightly."
youtube.com/watch?v=oUOJIOxC_0k
>replace tau clips with pages of DoA

anyone got any requests, possibly involving carla? I have an idea for her.

nah willis said some shit before about the strip being in comic book time

The more I look at it the worse it gets.
Like hot damn Amber's blood looks like dry ketchup.

vocaroo.com/i/s1zms35ZgyQb

You know, this would actually good if the voice acting was serious. But this is unentertaining garbage as it is.

Shut the fuck up, you
This is some 7/10 bretty good shit senpai. Did you have someone do Carla's voice for you, or is that actually you doing it?

I got someone to do her voice.

I thought it fitting to have an actual girl voice carla.

No, I'm not going to shut the fuck up. Campiness is only good when the dialogue isn't retarded as it is, or if it's completely unintentional.

we put as much effort into them as willis puts into his comic.

Elves soon fellow Stalker.

nice, who'd ya get to do it?
nice, you're unironically acting the way Ethan does about literally everything in S!

friend of a friend of mine.

gotta thank !bg as well, she and the friend I know her through lost their shit at the edit I voiced.

Why does Joyce wear the wrist strap?

She sprained her wrist punching Ross

We back baby!

Tom Hardy's voice in that movie will always crack me up. The sound guy on DKR was either having a laugh or completely incompetent.

I don't think a day goes by without a Bane reference -- that line in particular most often -- on social media or at work.

In this case, Willis gets a pass.

I don't get it, what's the joke?

Also, fix your damn line weight.

Nice.