Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=XUjAtYQkFm8
youtube.com/watch?v=7xfb5vYxYk4
youtu.be/x-JQe3f6tc0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe0_GyqdujY
youtube.com/watch?v=wzD0U841LRM
youtube.com/watch?v=sCnBt9qCB8c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why was this movie marketed as a comedy? (at least in my country it was)
I liked it but I don't think I laughed except maybe for one or two scenes

Because people not suffering from clinical depression confuses emotional pain and humor

:(

I can't user. it's unironically my favorite film. it's shot beautifully and the music score is perfect (And has tracks that later on went to become part of my favorite music). it's subtle and takes its time to build. Despite how much I love this film, I don't discuss it with anyone or Sup Forums for obvious reasons.

what are some other examples of depressioncore movies?

Is this movie the ultimate depiction of female degeneracy?

pretty mediocre but I liked it

DUDE WONG KAR WAI LMAO

depression yes
comfy fuck no

>comfy aesthetics
>comfy story
>comfy location
>comfy soundtrack
I liked it
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XUjAtYQkFm8

Literally a pleb version of Fallen Angels

watched this with my gf
big mistake

yeah this is just sad overall

I'll say. What were you thinking? Maybe watch Last Tango in Paris and Straw Dogs with her while you're at it.

>comfy
back to plebbit

what about Inside Llewyn Davies

I love that scene
youtube.com/watch?v=7xfb5vYxYk4

I tried showing it to a couple of people but I don't feel like they got it

youtu.be/x-JQe3f6tc0

so why did they leave the best song for the credits?

There's nothing to get. It's a simple story about 2 people in a foreign country who form a platonic relationship

>HAHAHAHA, nips talk funny, isn't it funny??!
>OOOOHHH NOOOOO, we must spend 2 weeks in the best city on the planet, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOD WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>*stare through the window yearingly*

Good underrated movie.
>who cares if Dawson or his creek are in it

Tinker tailor soldier spy is comfy af, beautiful cinematography and sound.

Pls control your autism

It was on TV and I didn't know what it was

Why didn't she just get a job? When she's asked, she claims because she's busy with school, but then she drops out. No sympathy.

This so fucking much. My favorite movie in years, easily. I don't know why it doesn't get more love here. People say, "It's boring," or, "The series was much better," and I don't know how to respond to that. The direction at least was superb, and it's criminal that director was and is some literally who who nobody cares about.

>Last Tango in Paris
Don't women appreciate the butter scene?

There is no "pinnacle", but there are a lot of worthwhile films that fit the description.

Probably because it turned out to be a gay romantic drama under the disguise of a spy espionage film.

The novel is much better and the movie is a garbled mess.

>menstruationkino
ftfy

also abandoning thread, smells like fish in here

>disregarding your feminine side
Next you'll say we can't watch Virgin Suicides

1/2

American Beauty

Oh you can. I just won't. Cheers, Shirley.

Anyone who liked should give this a chance

How is it romantic drama? Because of the three relationships, one of which has little importance to the plot, and the other is only very vaguely referred to? And if I think the homosexuality is more explicit in the book and series.
I'll allow that it's overly difficult to track the course of the film, (though I think when slowly analyzed, everything makes sense), but I like it more because of the direction, its consistency of style, and plausible it seems compared to every spy film I've ever seen. Also, I didn't read the book and would only compare it to other movies.

Somewhere.

>Chungking Express
ftfy

Be famous. Be rich. Have wife and kids. Have qt young Scarlett as your side cumslut. Yeah man sounds depressing.

Wrong. Fallen Angels and Floating Weeds are the absolute pinnacle

Happiness
Naked
Melancholia, but I personally didn't like it that much
Those are the ones I can think of at the moment.

The second part? Maybe, not the first part though but Chungking Express is the pleb Fallen Angels

Cheers Mr Macho man

Is Gerry a depressionkino?

I had to turn on subtitles halfway through and I still didn't understand wtf was going on.

t. 16 year old

Actually Gerry and and this

The scene with the treadmill and the one with the interpretor are pretty hilarious desu

Lost In Translation is actually one of my favorite movies. I don't really know if i can justify giving it a 10/10 but it's literally the only movie i can watch over and over again without getting bored.

I have probably seen it around 30 times by now.

What country? It was probably because they saw Bill Murray.

Also this

t. 12 year old

The Way Way Back
Never Let Me Go
The Virgin Suicides
The Place Beyond the Pines
Palo Alto
The Royal Tenenbaums

brb watching me some mankino you'd never understand femboi

>Never Let Me Go
I feel like I am missing something here but everything about this movie was dull for me.

>The Way Way Back
This one was surprisingly good

I love the film, but yeah, I didn't get what was going on at all when I first saw it in theaters and found it boring. Whispering plus British accents does not a particular experience make. This didn't bother me because I routinely watch movies with subtitles because I watch them sped up.

This sincerely envokes feelings in me that no toher movie can. That mix of depression, comfort, bliss, and anxiety. Makes you feel alright with the world, while making you feel alone within it.

'Her' came close to matching these feelings.

synedoche new york.

The night out with the Japanese friends is the only worthwhile part of this movie. In fact I'm pretty sure the majority of the love for this flick comes from halo effect from that one segment.

>The night out with the Japanese friends is the only worthwhile part of this movie.

the only good thing about this flick was scarjo in her prime

>rich people depressed over their jetset lifestyle
I bet the average moviegoer can empathize with that.

Did someone say depression comfy?

shut up you boring retards

Then you should watch this.
I loved it, but can't bring myself to rewatch it.
Some scenes hit me too hard

I have the behind the scenes of this movie in higher quality than currently availaible on youtube, I should probably upload it.

While somewhat unifinished (it feels like it was a second thought) it's also very comfy. Everyone on set was just so chill and they were all trying to make a good movie on minimal budget.

>I have the behind the scenes of this movie in higher quality than currently availaible on youtube, I should probably upload it.
Yes you fucking should. How long is it?

>kar-wai
>pinnacle of anything except fodder for the easily impressed

30 mins, problem is it's in m2ts format. Have to convert it to mp4 or something

How'd you get it?

I'don't know if it's that depressing. It has more of a 'nostalgic feel' for me.

But damn it is comfy af.

>the hollywood remake over tarkovsky's film

bluray rip

PLEASE DO

>ywn have a wild night out in an exciting city with the newfriend you have a crush on, and have her rest her head on your shoulder

It's not fair damnit

I have two words for you:

Steel drum music.

>mfw watching this movie

If you ever do get around to uploading it, make a ledit account as well and make a thread on the biggest video subledits to spread it around as quickly as possible.

>bill murray
>scarllet yehudansen
>weeabo thematic

Here you go. A proper comfycore/depressionkino.

Didn't appreciate this movie, or Chungking Express/Fallen Angels until I actually went to Asia, and now they're unironically some of my favorites

Being a lone white quiet visitor to major East Asian cities is just a different feel on its own, man

I fucking love the early noughties feel. Probably because it was the last time I was truly happy.

It's not that great.

It's double sad realising this was pretty much the final film Phyllip Seymour Hoffman was in, the Mockingjay ones were filmed before to be released yearly.

Wasn't the very last line in this film "Fuck"?

Synecdoche, New York is a lot more depressing though

>I fucking love the early noughties feel. Probably because it was the last time I was truly happy.

Why can Wes Anderson get away with 3rd-grade-tier framings but if I do it everyone says it's shit? Is it because I don't have a hipster hair cut and a hooknose?

i love this and tried to show it to my friends, but i made the mistake of telling them that scarjo was 17 years old when they filmed it, they probably think i'm a weirdo now for liking it

The opening sequence was pretty good too
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe0_GyqdujY

Melencholia is the best depression-core movie ive ever seen.

youtube.com/watch?v=wzD0U841LRM

The ending is fantastic as well, when this plays:
youtube.com/watch?v=sCnBt9qCB8c

Modern masterpiece. Criminally underrated. Can't believe how shit Place Beyond the Pines was as a follow up.

The first half is good but the second one is kind of uninteresting.

First, you have to make a film that people actually like and prove that you can frame well before resorting back to "3rd-grader" framing. You're bitching like a high school art student that can't figure out why people would pay money for a Picasso when he gets an F for painting a grey square over an orange square.